New God of War footage

New God of War footage

Discuss.

Attached: GOW7.webm (850x478, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_JNQKlA57k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've never played a single God of War game and I won't start doing so.

Discuss.

Attached: noose1.webm (1280x720, 1.14M)

>STR vs INT

Attached: GOW Finisher.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Attached: 1507314139203.png (719x619, 759K)

>that kid

why would they waste so much time, money and effort into making the game worse?

Nice.

>Mashes parry successfully in the middle of a hit string
>Le epic scripted finishing moves
>Enemy poses no real threat whatsoever
Why does Sony hate video games so much?

Attached: 1518968166468.jpg (456x402, 30K)

Am I supposed to pretend this looks bad?

Attached: E8D03DBA-D7DC-4249-9DE7-529E0BDFE157.png (322x395, 201K)

is this the dark souls of god of war games?

that doesn't look fun at all.

i can't see this game being challenging in any way.

at least we got some decent blood and violence now. better than nothing

Attached: 1520092902939.jpg (355x476, 26K)

I just wanna know where's the blood in this game?

>Why does Sony hate video games so much?
normies are a big market and these people want interactive experiences and not video games.

Attached: 1503871674022.jpg (1920x2160, 836K)

why can't Kratos be at the middle on the screen, fuck it's so distracting

the video show some stuff spilling at some point, but it must not be blood, not if they want the game to remain G rated.

are you suggesting that it doesn't?

Attached: 1368614473039.jpg (460x360, 48K)

God of War had it years ago

Post yfw Sony won. More Horizon kino, boys.

Attached: bottomtotop.png (579x616, 68K)

Feel free to lick it up

Attached: 20180319_111612.png (1440x796, 1.12M)

Some more new footage

Attached: GOW8.webm (850x478, 2.94M)

Said the animeposter

Fuck off back to your visual novels and loli JRPGs faggot

why does the combat look like shit

we want dark souls audience

>410296432
my opinions so far
Combat looks fun, I am a sucker for a sword and board too.
The kid AI is shit
The kid is gonna get annoying real fast
It's gonna be a "search every nook and cranny for resources to level your gear with episode", which will be ok the first time, but tedious as fuck after the first playthrough.
unless they have some seriously brutal enemies with unique mechanics I don't think this game is going to be hard at all, even less harder that the original games.

looks like a pick up and play game, enjoy 1 playthrough, maybe 2, then not play the game for years.

Yes. You have to pretend everything is shit except for old RPGs, dark souls, nintendo and whatever flavor of the month neckbeard indie game Sup Forums likes.

Is there ANY fucking footage of Kratos using a weapon other than shield, axe and fists?

Honestly if the game has a difficulty setting i'll just play on the hardest and it'll be a fine game.
As it stands it doesnt look like a GoW game but it looks fun enough, However i'd like it if the enemies were more aggressive

Attached: dc5.gif (600x461, 183K)

because it has to cater to retards by necessity. welcome to gaming in 2018.

This game looks fun. Here i was actually getting worried for a sec.

>those buzzwords
>it's fluid!
>it's epic!
>it's visceral!
>the combat has evolved even though there's no jumping!

Attached: 1521134070075.jpg (1000x666, 638K)

Nope, but ESRB leaked the chain blades

Attached: GOW ESRB.jpg (637x1199, 157K)

Because this a movie not a game

>1 on 1 fights with sponge enemies
Wow, that's exciting

Why does every single AAA PS4 exclusive look exactly the same? Graphics wise that is.

How is it possible that Hellblade has better combat than a God of War game? How the mighty have fallen.

Means nothing really. Probably a shorter chain, probably still a 1v1 weapon. Can't really do crowd control wide attacks with that camera

Sony developers are clearly being told to make everything 3rd person "like The Last of Us" because that was well received and "mature". Now they've just associated 3rd person over the shoulder as "mature". Fucking embarrassing sonybros.

goooooods where is my wife’s son lol

even the animations are stupid. why throw the body like that after he snapped its neck? it would have been cooler if he just dropped the body as soon as he snapped its neck. fight is over at that point

>0:13
>bringing back the axe caused the enemy to stagger
Nice

>Your wifes sonj is your epic co-op partner for maximum imsersion and handhold the game for you
Why do they do this shit, it pissed me off in Nier automata aswell

Attached: 1509860650114.gif (284x223, 960K)

Is it really so impossible to make that R3 grab something like a beat em up grab? Throw target at other enemies for crowd control, quick slam into the ground for safety or the shown punch and slam for max damage.

t. Plays games like Nier and thinks its good

Anyone that likes Japanese games then their opinion doesn't matter

Bro,realism

Just a reminder:

Attached: 1521303421873.png (626x124, 94K)

I reported you for posting a picture of a CHILD
hope you burn in hell you sicko

Pure Conjecture

There are already 6 games for you. I and most people dont want a seventh.

i want to fuck the girl in the middle

Lmao why this shit look like TW3's atrocious combat?

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SHIFTED TO THE RIGHT
JUST MAKE A CENTER CAMERA REEEEEEE

Attached: 132513515386.jpg (399x388, 9K)

what was the name of the guy again who does this snuff stuff?

Very cinematic

i dont think that how hanging works

I know this is just meant to be a sexualized version of a hanging, but that's not what legs do when a person hangs.

I'm mad about this new game because 3 proved that they had the potential to make an interesting and deep combat system, the problem was that the game never motivated you to use it, and especially on harder difficulties it was much more advantageous to just keep dodging and blocking, get one or two attacks in, and then repeat the process. Compare that to DMC, where making it through the harder difficulties actually necessitates a more intimate knowledge of the combat system.

I feel like with the new one they're taking the coward's way out, making a mediocre combat system even though they can do better, just because it doesn't take as much effort to get the player to use it to its fullest potential.

Attached: GOD OF WAR 3 COMBO MAD_3.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

>the words fuck and asshole appear in the dialogue
i can't wait to ear kratos just start swearing and saying fuck all the time

According to Sup Forums 3 years ago it was amazing and better than bloodbornes.

The problem is not repetitive combat, it's that the camera position is shit, and the 1v1 factor+cinematic feel it'll be a goddamn slog 5+ hours into the game

It bothers me that there is no blood anymore, it is just black or orange goo

Where is your brassiere, m'lady?

lmao

Attached: gayems.png (253x623, 91K)

That's the only thing I enjoyed, and even then, I think it's missing something,

>slow, clunky combat
Pass

more violence and blood

Well it worked in re4 and that even had qtes which this one wont have.

>Total War Shogun 2
>Killing Floor
>Team Fortress 2
>Crypt of the NecroDancer
>Gothic 1, 2 and 3
>7 Days to Die

is that you Sebastian?

Wait till you see the crafting and item drops.

This, it's so fucking annoying when devs obscruct the field of view. Evil Within 2 did this as well

>put camera at an angle where you can't see shit in smaller spaces
>have to use the "glue myself to an object/wall" mechanic in order to have control over the camera

Attached: auction guy disgust.jpg (570x845, 75K)

It's not really any different. In your webm, the enemy is frozen in air and you're just mashing one or two buttons to keep him there while he takes damage. In OP's footage, the enemy is being held in place, frozen, while the player presses one or two buttons while the enemy takes damage. There's just a lot more animation on Kratos in your example along with some flashing lights and particle effects.

It looks fun

Attached: 1514730043406.png (1200x1000, 23K)

All these fucking western aaa games look the same jesus christ.

My name starts with M

>when you are too poor for a trap door

Very fine taste in game dear sir.

Attached: 1439086034326.jpg (476x476, 44K)

Time for all the publications to jerk it off for the next coming weeks.

Attached: deep.jpg (872x163, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=D_JNQKlA57k

Go to a doctor to check for your color blindness

>A triumphant return and potentially Sony's game of the generation
>This new God of War game though is certainly not that. It is more mature, more assured, more refined than anything God of War fans will have played before.
>And it's great. REALLY great. Arguably everything that God of War has been building towards since Kratos first emerged on the PS2 in 2005
Critics are so lazy, I fucking called it. I said they would write it exactly like this. Building towards this my ass, it's just like tlou.
>The final, and perhaps most impressive thing about God of War is the fact that the entire game unfolds in a single, unbroken shot. There are no cutscenes, no load screens, no camera cuts, no fades to black
The whole game is one long walking simulator. Yaaaay

Who the fuck thought over the shoulder camera for meele combat was a good idea?

Attached: 1515466934884.png (359x255, 184K)

I can already taste the salt mine on /v / once the metascore gets out.

you have almost the same taste as my friend, good luck in Gothic 3 it was bad after realise but fun as hell

where's the gore? This looks very tame for god of war. It was looking like he was going to rip it's jaw off but nah just a neck snap lmao

Looks like complete trash.

Imagine telling yourself that GoW would be an emotional journey back in 2005/2006

Who the fuck cares.

God of War was always a middle of the road hack'n'slash. I never understood the hype.

More like Retiree of War. Dude fights like he's 60 year old compared to other GoW games.

Seething

Hey remember how Mario and Zelda are some derivative garbage that more or less always are the same.
Well now you know why.

>some fag defending Ninja Theory

who knew it would come to this?

Attached: 1489711316362.gif (640x360, 439K)

Camera is too close and off-centre even when the character isn't moving. Speedup/slowdown in combat will get old after about 5 minutes. I didn't play much of the old games but they had a satisfying fluidity to the combat, all the animations blended together. This looks janky as fuck by comparison.

I love these ratings summaries. They're usually better reviews than what the supposed journalists write.

Well he still fights better than you.

bitch stop acting like you can do any of this shit without a fully leveled Kratos and also like its fucking hard when you literally just need to mash....

>Who the fuck cares.

probably the millions of people who grew up with GoW. The same way other people are nostalgic or passionate about games they played back in the day and have good memories of them.

But Ninja Theory is good.

Attached: girls-of-the-year-2010-1293492263_thumb660x366.jpg (660x371, 61K)

Gothic combat is horrendous

>"It's an aspiration I think Corto see there should be no difference between directors and writers of games and of TV and films," says Barlog. "We're all doing the same job, albeit on a different canvas. To be able to connect with audiences beyond 'raaaaaaaaargh', it's a goal for all of us."
Raaaargh
>There are still some cracks in the facade, though. God of War is a very linear game, right down to the obviously marked walls and ledges that Kratos can climb over. Sure, there are some light environmental puzzles and a couple hidden rooms, but it’s still a very directed experience. With the trend in big-budget games moving toward giving players more freedom, the strict paths of God of War feel a little outdated in 2018.
Wow, actual criticism. Amazing.

Attached: jCWrPM4.gif (500x246, 926K)

The dark souls of hack'n'slashes

you dont play gothic because of combat