Why do people get such a hard on for this game?

Why do people get such a hard on for this game?
I got it for free a year ago and just got around to playing it. It has the most shallow, boring, simple game-play of any of the games in it's genre.

Completely unfun.

Attached: Jetsetradiopalboxart.jpg (315x316, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugo6ASPVu9g
youtu.be/Q40hbHVEXV8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tell us your birthyear and the game you have put most hours into the past week

199x
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six : Siege

Jet Set Radio thread

Attached: Shibuya terminal loop.webm (640x360, 2.51M)

Wrong Jet Set Radio

Jet Set Radio Future is the only everyone loves.

Jet Set Radio was just the ground work.

>199x

Attached: 1471964218948.gif (500x345, 337K)

so you are a 1999 kid? no one cares what you say in real life huh

future is worse

So what you're saying is that you want a JSR thread?

Attached: albert gun.png (729x611, 403K)

i mean it is, its basically jsr but with a pointless open world and zero challenge.

Attached: 1521349331157.jpg (980x716, 86K)

nigga wat...

>Why do people get such a hard on for this game?

nostalgia for us oldfags i assume, only thing i remember about the game was a dope soundtrack, any old 3d game is literally unplayable now adays so idk what you expected to get out of it

Attached: makoto gun.png (464x412, 164K)

It's floaty too

terrible taste detected

>any old 3d game is literally unplayable now adays
maybe if you like penis

why did you post that. do you just spend too much time saving reaction images?

At the time of it's release it was very unique. Honestly a lot of DC titles had their own little mystique to them especially with some of the online functions. Personally I'm a bigger fan of JSRF.

Attached: 1392406897605.jpg (612x612, 21K)

Maybe if you stopped choking on so many dicks you could enjoy a videogame.

>any of the games in it's genre.
What genre?

People get a hard on for it because it's the only one.

Not him but this sounds like fun.
1992 - Hearts of Iron 4
Waking the Tiger just came out so yeah, been playing that again. Started to get tired of it though, hopefully Kaiserreich updates for it soon.
Straight truth.

I mean you could kinda classify the tony hawk games as kinda similar but not entirely.

I'd define it as a 3D platformer but no doubt OP has made the mistake of comparing it to THPS

Attached: 1512568372674.jpg (1024x472, 53K)

this. sega rally 2 is still my favorite racing game, and the fact that there's a revival in interest for dreamcast online excites me

youtube.com/watch?v=ugo6ASPVu9g

UNDERSTAND

Attached: jsrf.jpg (531x736, 158K)

true

gotta love the people who think future is better make zero arguments on why its better. they just post their funny may may reaction images, underage faggots.

i found the controls to be really janky and ass

style over substance for sure. most people probably just like the soundtrack

this and how a character automatically grinds on a rail when you get close to it, its fucking annoying.

Attached: 1521401881863.gif (200x200, 27K)

I hate to break it to you mate but this board is full of underage faggots that have not touched a Dreamcast or a Xbox. I can argue with you about JSR and JSRF if you want since I'm old enough to have owned both upon their release.

>Why do people get such a hard on for this game?
They don't, they get a hard on for the sequel

Attached: JSRF Switch.png (662x1020, 1.14M)

well maybe not unplayable, but trying to play a 20 year old video game and trying to hold it to some imaginary contemporary standard regarding gameplay is retarded

You want a reason? No timelimit, more music and more concise story. Also i'm 25.

Attached: stop coke.png (158x261, 108K)

I tried this game, it's completely just okay.

I think back then, graffiti was enticing as a concept. Before mainstream internet, it was like, holy fuck, people can see these the shit I'm spraying on people's cars.

I prefer the original but I enjoy them both.

Didn't like how they simplified the graffitti spraying in JSRF

It's one of those nostalgia games like Parappa the Rapper or Croc

The sequel is the one that's actually fun to play

Attached: JetSetRadioFuturebox.jpg (250x355, 60K)

On the graffiti I'm 50/50. I enjoyed playing with the joystick in the original but when I got my hands on JSRF I didn't miss losing it. If anything my biggest complaint with Future was that some of the stunts it wanted me to perform were a little difficult to do on the controller. You can get around it though - just takes practice, go figure.

Attached: 1395455206595.jpg (500x597, 79K)

You best not be shit talking Parappa

I always hate the whole nostalgia argument people always make about good old games. Like fucker, I have the game literally on my fucking shelf and I can play it right now if I wanted to, Its not nostalgia its a good fucking game.

Dreamcastfags still trying to justify their failed console 20 years later lmao

>people who think future is better make zero arguments on why its better
Its literally just JGR but expanded to be more than just an arcade game.
JGR is great, but it still feels like a Crazy Taxi tier game, JSRF gives you a whole map to explore with shitloads of sidequests, collectibles and unlockable secrets.
It has everything JGR has and more, you can get the exact same experience as the first game with the only difference being you spend 10 more seconds going to a quest start position instead of just selecting the mission from a map.

Again, they're both good games, but Future just feels more complete, it has so much more content and things to keep you busy.

The real question is, why do you think Future is worse than JGR? What is it about all of the extra content and stuff to do that made you enjoy the game less?

Attached: 1461753687329.png (654x627, 21K)

I thought future was a lot better, but they're genuinely fun games with a lot of charm and style.
>199x
somethings fishy here.

I'm on board with this. It can be flipped as well but I think the stone cold facts are that we bought this software and still own it. It was common back in the day to just get rid of shit you didn't like even if you didn't turn a profit.

>Dreamcastfags still trying to justify their failed console
But Future is an Xbox exclusive and its the one everyone loves. The people that think everyone is talking about the first game are generally underage kids that don't know the difference and played one of the JSR ports because they saw other people saying the games were good.

Its kind of impressive how many people are so oblivious in regards to JSR that they have no idea they're playing the wrong game.

Attached: jgrgba.jpg (1152x720, 89K)

>somethings fishy here.
it's sort of like megaman. pretty soon it'll change to 20xx

>trying to hold it to some imaginary contemporary standard regarding gameplay is retarded
why? why not just play the game and make up your own mind?

Future only fucked up the tag system by dumbing it down and removing the tag uploading. Everything else made it a shit load better.

That looks slow as fuck. Might as well play Sunset Overdrive at that point.

>all those sleeping niggas who still don't play it
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR
IT'S SO FUNKY
youtu.be/Q40hbHVEXV8

1986 - Earth Defense Force 4. EDF 5 needs to get fucking translated and ported already.

>it still feels like a Crazy Taxi tier game
good thing that crazy taxi is pure kino

Personally I prefer the JSR designs to the ones in JSRF

>JGR is great, but it still feels like a Crazy Taxi tier game
So you're saying it's one of the best games ever made? Fair enough.

It's because of the punk 90's style.

Hey man, I love Crazy Taxi too, but its still hella shallow and can get boring really quickly if you aren't in the mood for that sort of arcadey game.

JSR feels the same way, whereas JSRF adds enough variety in what you can do that if you get bored of one thing you can go do something else for a while. I always find myself getting much more invested when I play JSRF as a result,

>punk 90s style

Attached: 1400967380495.gif (408x225, 1.76M)

Tell us your birth year because right now you look like someone who goes out of their way to post reaction images because you spend too much time saving them

>pretty soon it'll change to 20xx
God I forgot people born in 2000 can post here now.

this

boils my blood when I see people talking about games "holding up" - especially when the games in question are from only 4 or 5 years ago.

Games don't magically become unplayable because time passes

1989. OP is a fag, JSR and JSRF are both amazing.

you're just too young to understand, OP

Jet Set Radio = Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Jet Set Radio Future = Tony Hawk's Underground
THPS3 > THU

Everything I loved about JSR was missing in the sequel: The time limit, the small levels, QTE grafitti, the difficulty, non-floaty controls. And I didn't have a Dreamcast until long after I already had a GameCube, so it's not nostalgia.

>better controls and handling
>faster movement
>no more graffiti QTEs (sorry JSR fans, but I prefer starting a powerslide near a wall, spraying graffiti during the power slide, and going back to full speed when I'm done to the old method of having to stop near a wall and doing a QTE hoping an enemy doesn't hit me during it)
>manual trick control that can build up speed or increase air time

Attached: jsrf albulm.jpg (600x600, 443K)

1990. Also, this is my first reaction image for this thread nigger. I've been discussing the fucking game the entire time. I think what you are looking for is late 90s and early 2000's hip hop and pop culture. not 90s punk style. if you read about the art direction you can find there was assistance with pulling artists in for graffiti.

i had a stomach virus the first time i played this so it basically ruined it for me

i skate irl, so it's a shame i can't play a cool game about it

Now those are fighting words.

Cause Underground is objectively better than any of the pro skater games.

if you like jsrf than you are a filthy casual. even the devs said they made it for people who dont play video games because they were trying to reach a bigger audience

>i had a stomach virus the first time i played this so it basically ruined it for me
What

I know achievements are kinda faggy, but sometimes I like them. I never would have even thought of trying that if I wasn't going for a high score achievement. After practicing for around an hour and finally getting it felt so rewarding!

Attached: 1386517293865.jpg (900x1369, 519K)

it's been past a decade. you may enjoy yourself.

This. Also more characters and a badass version of Yoyo that DOESN'T look like a smelly fat nerd hiding under his hoodie.

Attached: tumblr_m91bxxQys21rry8oqo1_500.png (500x445, 86K)

like when i think about the game, it gives me a sick feeling

his shoes always reminded me of a lawn mower.

Attached: article-1259740252311-076c23b8000005dc-244421_636x300.jpg (636x300, 26K)

>Also more characters
yeah more characters that played the same kys

>even the devs said they made it for people who dont play video games because they were trying to reach a bigger audience
That didn't mean back then what it means today

riiight

>bigger audience
>xbox
If only we could change the past.

Attached: 1407719784096.png (335x404, 92K)

>played the same
>different stats
>different tricks on rails
Sure bud

>we added even more content and stuff to do to our arcadey franchise, now its a more complete game and more people should be interested in playing it
>HUUURRRRRRR ITS CASUAL EVEN THOUGH ITS LITERALLY THE SAME GAME BUT WITH MORE STUFF TO DO

Attached: 13847998.jpg (502x431, 35K)

>The time limit, the small levels

Both of those are inferior to JSRF's sandboxes which were practically made for all sorts of tricks and challenges. You can't tell me that JSRF doesn't have way more variety.

>QTE grafitti

Hahahaha are you joking? That was absolute garbage, without a doubt the worst part of JSR.

>so it's not nostalgia

If it's not nostalgia then it's shit taste. Pick your poison.

>Cause Underground is objectively better than any of the pro skater games.
How so? I've played both to completion and I can't remember one single map from Underground while THPS3 is extremely memorable to me.

THPS3 showed you the objectives for a split second and then you had to figure out how to do it. Underground had way too many cutscenes and explanations (4 had the same problem to an extent). The series started moving away from pure arcade skating to a story-based game.

>yeah more characters that played the same kys
The characters just have stat differences like more health, more spray can capacity, etc
It was like this for both games. It's not street fighter. You can really just play the character that you like the most.

They said this about the first game too. They wanted to make something simple that easy to pick up and play.

>They said this about the first game too. They wanted to make something simple that easy to pick up and play.
Correct. Matter of fact the team that was absorbed into JGR was the team that had worked Panzer Dragoon Orta so it isn't like we're dealing with twinks that had no idea how to build towards an audience.

Yeah thats the nice thing about underground you kept all the arcade skating and had a story which made it much more enjoyable. Also I remember all the underground levels.

Different stats and tricks, plus the obvious aesthetic appeal of having more choice in regards to who you would play as. Retards not welcome.

>the entire plot of JSR is just a fiction of Professor K
why the fuck did they do this? literally just shoved in after the credits, what was the fucking point of pulling the rug from under you after finally beating the game? yes, i am upset.

Attached: professor KEK.jpg (838x447, 42K)

you are delusional as fuck if you think they didnt all control the same

But they talk about what happened in JSRF.

howvformsanarugment.jpg

>Both of those are inferior to JSRF's sandboxes which were practically made for all sorts of tricks and challenges. You can't tell me that JSRF doesn't have way more variety.
Sandboxes = Worse design because less time is spent developing each area. Also less memorable and bound to have more filler. Fact.

>Hahahaha are you joking? That was absolute garbage, without a doubt the worst part of JSR.
I bet you're also one of those people that hated the time limit in Dead Rising. QTE meant you had to be smart about when you tag each wall since you could be interrupted in the middle of it.

JSRF port fucking WHEN? I miss my fictional Tokyo dammit.

>played the same
>control the same
You have some problems with your arguments I see

Would you care to explain why JSRF is more casual, or is your entire argument that Sega wanted more people to buy the sequel?

played, control, same shit dipshit

well if JSR is fictional, why should JSRF be any different? i guess it doesn't matter...