TFW bought an Nintendo Switch at midnight the day it released

>TFW bought an Nintendo Switch at midnight the day it released.
>Sold out for miles
>Found a place that had some in stock
>Fast forward
>To this day only played two games
>Beat LoZ
>Played through two levels of Super Mario:Odyssey and dropped it out of boredom
>Everything released on the Switch has not interested me
>Switch just sits and collects dust
>Haven't touched it in months

Worst console/purchase I've ever made. I have 100x more fun on my PS4 and PC gaming. Classic case of buyer regret.

Attached: NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.0.jpg (1920x1085, 409K)

K

Attached: 1521345601573.jpg (367x446, 41K)

i dont think its even been out a year has it?
bit early for these type of threads

It's a bit early for me to regret buying a console that I don't touch and hate 99% of games on it?

Kinda feel you OP and i'm a huge Nintendo fan, i've been playing more my PS4/PS3 and 3DS than Switch

I'm just waiting for Octopath expansion to be released

SOOOOOOOOY

Attached: SOOOOOOOOOY.jpg (820x460, 98K)

HERE WE GO
OF THE RAILS

>Mario Odyssey
>levels
Fake and heterocuck.

I feel like this kind of buyer's remorse is always due to lack of research or pure idiocy on the buyer's part. Why the fuck did you get it if there wasn't at least a few games you were interested in, you dumbass?

>hey guys i bought a thing and i HATE it!!
so fucking get rid of it instead of blogging here you fucking retard

Play Xenoblade 2, Bayonetta 2, or anything coming out this year.

ok cool.
i hate and regret my ps4 purchase and love the switch
what now?

Attached: 1521494170679.jpg (555x800, 124K)

Worlds. Whatever. You know what I meant. Semantics and all that jazz. I still consider them levels because that's what they are.

>he fell for the shilling
I don't blame you OP. Nintendo shills were posting fake news about it 24/7 so one could easily get suckered into buying this useless tablet.

Attached: switch xenoblade.jpg (1427x766, 226K)

well yeah?
the ps4 had no games of value until bloodborne came out and that must of been 2 or 3 years
but its worth it now?

As a console it's underpowered as fuck and can't even run multiplats on PS4/Xbone

As a handheld, it's big, bulky with bad battery life and no-pad.

This is a do-all-but-nothing-well type of platform. Very easy to market because normalfags think they get two systems when in truth they only get two halves.

Attached: switch2.jpg (1280x2157, 2.21M)

I got it for Legend of Zelda. I just really wanted to play that so I got it for that. Was hoping other games would come out that I'd like as well, but that wasn't the case. I took a gamble on it.

Funny story about my experience with Xenoblade 2.

>Be me
>Playing Xenoblade 2
>Enjoying it for the most part
>Get to that segment where you chase after Torru's dad poppi model or whatever.
>Have to fight it as a boss fight
>Have to fight Morag (I think) or some other boss.
>Beat them both
>Forget to save afterwards
>Game locks up on me/freezes
>Never happened before
>Lose like 3 hours of play time

Haven't touched it since. I'm just too pissed off and lazy to sit and refight those bosses and shit. Fuck that game.

>ps4 had no games of value until Bloodborne came out

Go away Bloodborne faggot.

if you didnt want the games why buy it?
and if you did how can you feel regret this soon?

what is the other half

3 hours is nothing, what else do you have to do anyway?

what games came out before bloodborne on ps4?
all i can remember are killzone and knack

>This soon
>Already came out with a TON of games
>I think they're all shit

I don't know what you mean? It has games. I just personally think they're all garbage, and it's all genre stuff that I don't play. Indie crap and what not. I also don't like games like Splatoon and what not. I just get bored too easily. I might buy Bayonetta but that's the only other game I've seen on Switch that looks fun to me.

Name one other game the PS4 has that isn’t bloodborne or a ps3 port. The only thing I can think of is last gaurdian.

By now it's obvious Nintendo has learned absolutely nothing from Wii U/3DS and will continue walk this path of milking old and aging IPs with minimum effort almost-shovelware games and then maybe have one or two big games a year. And due to the shit third-party support, this leaves a console with massive dry seasons. Nintendo hopes they can go cheap and still win. That's not how it works anymore. The Wii era is over. Consumers are smarter.

Attached: kirby.jpg (461x331, 39K)

That's not the point. It's the point that I lost those 3 hours and have to replay it. It's just annoying.

ive been really enjoying dragon quest builders recently
i know it was on ps4 too
but i find it much easier to find time to play a handheld then a dedicated console :)

I want people who play their Switch regularly to tell me what the fuck they're even playing and what you find fun about said game. They all look so boring and shitty to me.

>Inb4 Splatoon and Xenoblade waifu garbage

I said they get two halves, half a handheld half a console. I don't really understand how anyone can be pleased by this unless you're too poor to buy both. But then this doesn't make sense either since Switch is the most expensive system out there and its games even more so. So what's the target demographic when both handheld and console fans are getting the big fuck you by Nintendo?

Attached: 1461211114392.jpg (700x700, 49K)

Check the eshop. It's nice being able to play Kof98 on the go even if the stick is a little janky.

Don't you know it's time to raise our sails.

the past couple of months i worked my way through doom, portal knights, xenoblade and am quite far through dragon quest builders :)

It's because he is too unwilling to try the .ore niche games.

They aren't respondong because you're absolutely right.

There is no audience for the Pretendo Ditch. It's why it is specualted that sales are going to tank hard soon.

The Pretendo Ditch is likely going to be a bigger flop than the Wii U, given that NuKirby Farce Allies was unanimously hated by anyone with more than half a braincell, and there are literally no more games coming out for the console for the rest of the year.
>inb4 muh smash
Port.

I don't like fighting genre games. I only play RPG/JRPG and action based stuff. I don't like indie, puzzle, fighters, RTS, etc. That's like 90% of games on the Switch. Guess that's what Nintendo fanboys like that. I find it all boring.

>playing 2D fighters on joystick

Attached: 200w.gif (200x235, 1.29M)

Xenoblade 2 should have had an autosave yeah. I got fucked by a crash as well.

>buy a console and no games
>complain about having no games

Attached: 1512005378478.jpg (400x600, 132K)

That said it's worth powering through it again.

It’s been out a year as of like two weeks ago.

Smash it then you fag.

Attached: 1481419760431.jpg (320x240, 8K)

FPBP

>PS4 and PC gaming
so... no games and indie shovelware?

Attached: me.jpg (552x492, 167K)

I just got mine, been playing Golf Story and Splatoon 2. Gonna go pick up Mario this week.

>No games

But it has games, as I already said. I just find them all to be garbage.

>release game with no games
>wonder why people complain about having no games
You'd think Nintendo merging handheld and console first parties into one it'd result in more games but no...have more Wii U ports

>Go away Bloodborne faggot.
Bloodborne is still the only good PS4 game I have played, thank god my PS4 was free

>Odyssey was charming but is more like a 7/10
>BotW is genuinely one of my favorite experiences of the generation but I can never go back to it knowing how shallow of content it is
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was my GOTY
The Switch had a great first year without throwing in garbage like Rabbids, FE and Splatoon which should have been $40 if not less. My Switch has been sitting on my desk since December after XC2, though.

>Bayonetta isn't my flavor
>Kirby demo was crap
>Mario tennis looks alright but not for $60
That's half of the year right there. What's there to look forward to, maybe an Animal Crossing and possibly Pokemon if it doesn't bleed into 2019? Cool. I'd love to use the Switch more but there just isn't anything to play.

Attached: itsame.jpg (550x550, 35K)

OP here. I will buy a new Switch game but only if you can convince me it's fun and worth the money. Your choices are

A: DOOM
B: Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2

Begin.

>it has games
>it has no games
?

You should stop following "the next big thing" and instead decide if something is worth your money on a personal level.

Subscribed.

I thought this sort of pattern was normal for most game systems, unless you're playing an online game on it.
I mean, last time I touched my PC for a single player game was DivOS2. Last time I touched my PS4 was for Shadow of the Colossus. I beat Xenoblade 2 on Switch a month ago. Now I'm just chilling with Splatoon and Overwatch and other "lifestyle" games as filler till Tennis Aces and Spider-Man come out.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is great. The combat system is extremely in depth and tons of fun once you start unlocking more abilities. Plus the story is fucking cool after chapter 3 and hits the hights of the first game at chapter 8 and beyond. I thought the waifus were fine, I really only liked Nia all that much though.

Not gonna lie, my Switch hasn't been used in ages.

>rpg/jrpg
Xenoblade 2, Octopath, SMTV
>action games
Bayonetta

>In-depth combat
>Auto attacking

It's boring.

Just because auto attacks are a part of the combat doesn’t mean there is nothing else, retard

Bayonetta 1/2 are considered the spiritual successors to DMC and some of the best hack and slash gameplay on the market.
Bayo2 is also a Nintendo exclusive and with Bayo3 coming in a year or two, being familiar with the series might be nice so you don't have to go through the first two close to Bayo3's release (that is if you end up liking them)

>meme spouting
>lying on the internet
jej

Attached: tumblr_kudj1dFTrj1qzvqipo1_400.png (400x375, 63K)

Splatoon (try to stop me), ARMS, beat Battlechef Brigade and I'm replaying Bayo 1 before starting Bayo 2 for the first time

You'll probably get banned by the psychotic, Nintenjew mods for daring to have anything but unconditional, takeitintheass love for Nintendo.

Attached: 1519501417133.gif (500x368, 2.97M)

>RPG action games
Ys VIII if you travel a lot and didn't pick it up already on PC or PS4

Sounds like you fell for the hype. The Switch didn't look all that interesting to me from the beginning. Even after all this time I'm still trying to understsnd why people like it so much. Really don't understand why they dropped the Wii U so soon especially since it already didn't have many compelling games.

Super Smash is coming and Funimation contacted Nintendo for Goku in the roster. Keep your machine, I may buy one for playing online

Kek

>Stopped at Sand Kingdom
>Stopped just where the game was getting better
Nigga...

OP here. I put like 50 hours into YS VIII on my PS4, not going to buy it again on Switch.

Can't speak for xeno but Splatoon holds even without waifufaggotry. It's one of the my favourite shooters aesthetically and the gameplay is fast paced, sometimes intense in competitive. One of the few shooters I find movement fun. The story is a tad short but enjoyable nonetheless

Smash, but that's most definitely a December release.
No More Heroes if you like beat em ups.
Octopath for that RPG itch.

This is why you have to think of it as a console that belongs in a living room, not in your hands. Buy an adapter + controllers and have fun since you already have it and Dark Souls is coming

I'm not joking it happened, check Funimation's twitter or Nintendo's

>Get bored of Odyssey
>But beat BotW
Fucking how? How is that possible?

>buying a console that doesn't have games you want
This is fucking stupid on any platform. What is wrong with you?

>I bought it for one reason
>I completed that one reason
Sounds like 10/10 100% A+ got exactly what you wanted. No problem here

Fair enough.
As the user said above though, Octopath looks like a good return to FFVI (or maybe SaGa) type JRPGs. Maybe keep your Switch for that one, at least till July

Is the new Ys worth playing? I liked Celceta a lot.

It's a very poor console though. One that equals last gen consoles in power. And a decade after they launched.

unironically xenoblade waifu chronicles

>Buy switch
>Beat loz
>Beat m+r: kB
>Beat mario kart
>Now I'm waiting to buy myself odyssey

Just do some research on the games before you buy them you dumb fuck

I enjoyed it. The ending is garbage, but the story and characters kept me interested. Combat is somewhat fun, but what really made it fun for me was the exploration, also building the base as well.

Overall I'd recommend it to people and give it like an 8/10.

They're porting so much because otherwise the games are basically lost money. Do you really think they're spending most of their effort on ports?

Never buy console at launch. I waited 3 years before I got a PS4, there was an ever expanding library and a hardware refresh.

Attached: an-tatoria.jpg (1000x1100, 141K)

I would buy Mario Kart. I enjoyed playing the N64 version with people, but I have no friends so I'm afraid to buy it. Can I play online with people? And if so is the online active? Like do a lot of people still play it?

either nintendo ran out of good ideas for games or they are being complacent and lazy fucks.

Please, I like the Switch but you can't pretend there's no games on PS4. It has all multiplats even those that are only on 2 platforms, one of them is always PS4. Like SOMA or MHW. All fighting games and the largest player base for them, and great exclusives like Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, GT Sport, Ratchet & Clank, Crash bandicoot, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, The last Guardian, Uncharted 4, best performing version of NieR, ... Also there's a bunch exclusives coming that look cool and potentially a lot of fun, like Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, TLOU2 and Days Gone and GoW, not to mention hype monster Death Stranding, and a lot of other shit that I'm forgetting. I look forward to a lot of future Switch games too, but the best of them seem far away (SMT V, Metroid Prime 4, Pokémon).

Yes and yes. Mario Kart online is pretty solid, I think.

Same OP

I sold mine for $500
Might pick one up again for Octopath though

Fuck off blunderfag

Attached: blunderfagautism.png (462x919, 48K)

>not that portable for a handheld
>console is equivalent to last gen
They should've settled on a traditional handheld with a TV out feature. Not this. Seems like they couldn't decide what to roll with so they baked everything into one.

Though glad they ditched 3D gimmick atleast

PS4 and Switch really shouldn't be fighting. They're basically two completely separate markets and appeal factors.
Switch should be trying to court tons of creative A and AA one offs and spin offs rather than gunning for the AAA stuff. For one, it just makes sense and Nintendo fans seem to really like creativity above optimal execution.

PS4 can get the AAA titles along with its own Japanese exclusives, creating a library designed to be played in long sit-down sessions.

Maybe it's cause I'm an Idort but I don't get the rivalry. Nintendo and Sony clearly don't seem to be gunning over the same niches

Same thing happening to the Switch happened to the PS4 on its launch. It's plagued by Indy trash to the brim. Dont believe me just watch the recent Nindies garbage Nintendo just showed off. Each one of those side scrolling 2D games Nintendo uses to fluff their Game stat numbers making it look like they are putting games out, When in reality its just lazy Indy rehashed trash over and over. BotW was nice but I didnt pay all that money to get 2 quality games on a console thats over a year old now. Devs are getting lazy.

600 hours on Switch since August. Mario, Zelda, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario Rabbids, and ARMS. I have a lot of indies and ports too because
a) I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the GameCube
b) I haven't owned any current console since an Xbox 360 I bought back in 2008, until I got a Switch, and late last year, an Xbox One X
c) Besides GTA, Minecraft, and some emulated SNES/N64 games, I did not play any new releases on any platform from 2011 to 2017
d)My gaming history is rather small because poorfag so almost everything coming out on Switch, even decade old ports, were games I have never played before and effectively new to me

Now I have 20 games on this thing and unable to complete most of them because Splatoon takes up so much of my limited free time, been tanking 200 hours into this stupid squid game.

Attached: 1513657542710.jpg (582x582, 49K)

Why is it not portable? The only issue I have is with venting it after I turn it off but my case does a pretty good job of doing that.
Do you mean taking it around without a case?

Just buy the good and well optimized game if not available on PC, would be a waste to not use it after all, even once in a while. I sold my Gamecube and now miss it.

There's always people online

They are lazy fucks sometimes, we need a new F-Zero, Starfox, Earthbound, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and bring back some dead licenses such as Geist, a Pokemon MMO with multiple regions and lots of badges would be a hit assured.

not really
i regret my ps3 and ps4 yet like the switch

Attached: 1521493323611.jpg (2560x1440, 1.19M)

Just what the fuck is Nintendo's first party even doing? Can't Nintendo buy more studios for a change? They need new blood to shake things up. Not just the yearly Mario and Mario party game.

oh yeah the vita games were also trash

Battery life is poor and it lacking d-pad in handheld is gonestly a huge handicap. 2D games, fighting and racing games are all preferrable on d-pad. Also JRPGs that are menu intensive.

You mean the switch....?

Unironically it is a new Mario Party I have been anticipating the most, even more than Smash, Metroid 4, Pokemon, and a rumored Animal Crossing.

Attached: 1520204353256.gif (268x300, 911K)

What do you think ARMS and Splatoon were? Yabuki and the Squid Squad were Miyamoto's protégés I think.

They can't come out with a new IP every year, especially something that isn't completely derivative of something else