NPD February numbers are up

NPD February numbers are up

venturebeat.com/2018/03/20/february-npd-2018-monster-hunter-repeats-as-top-game-in-the-u-s/

MHW is the best selling game in February and hardware is PS4>Xbone>Switch. Supposedly PS4 had a 30% lead on Switch.

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-073459.jpg (1387x1439, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/dragon_quest_xi_on_switch_is_powered_by_unreal_engine_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hardware is PS4>Xbone>Switch.

Attached: 11712973861923112987364.png (717x820, 213K)

Is that supposed to be a green Santa hat?

Worrisome numbers for Nintendo losing NA like that. In Europe they are getting absolutely steamrolled.

Woah, good for Cacpcom, hopefully this will kill the Destiny 2 "soft reboot" planned for this year

but Sup Forums told me monster hunter would flop.....

I want that franchise to die so badly, Bungie deserves nothing more than having their doors closed for good. All they've been doing is burning the credibility better people have built up for them.

Hey, to somebody who plays this game:

Can you play solo? How required is the online component?

What was the plan?

Have you never seen a condom before?

You can play solo no problem, but it's fun with friends. You could also make friends if you play online.

Online isn't required, but it's nice.

Holy shit how badly is NintendoGAF kicking itself for doomsaying MHW? That didn't work out for you, did it? A nightmare NPD for Nintenbros.

Attached: mh wall of shame.jpg (1920x1079, 918K)

Coop with online players makes things harder, easier, miserable and hilarious.

Is modern Sup Forums ever right about anything? Seems like it's only obvious shit like Lawbreakers.

How far can you progress solo?
Do you run into a wall eventually in terms of monsters that you can't beat alone?

Well, it's not like everyone is going to buy multiple Switches, of course it has to slow down at some point

Pretty sure you can complete everything solo. Sometimes it's even much easier, since your cat buddy and his gadgets are orders of magnitude more helpful than a lot of the people online.

Everyone gets BTFO when Switch gets a new MonHun as well tho.

You can Solo everything. Some things will require more skill than others but the monsters are balanced for Solo play to be doable on terms of HP.

PS4 is still $299 in America. So they still have considerable leg-room left for price drops. I think we're in another year where PS4 will sell million units, which is nuts. On the software side it has a pretty good 2018 to look forward to.

Attached: ps4-2018.jpg (1548x1884, 796K)

And now capcom unleash DMCV

Is there even a date for DQ 11?

Mh is now mainstream in the west. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Big influx of new fans.

yeah, solo is fine.
theres a good chance you might actually enjoy the game solo because playing online youre always paired up with shitters which makes quests unnecessarily hard.

playing online really adds nothing. you dont get extra drops or anything like that if thats what youre thinking.

Thank you for the answers.

Last question:
Which is better, MH3 Ultimate, or MH World?

I ask cuz one is a whole lot cheaper.

Multiplayer MH is only good with voice chat in a group of friends.

When has this sort of thing ever been a good thing

This year . The dumb Switch port that can't even run is holding it back from unveiling. Hopefully they just ditch that upon learning Switch can't run UE4 games at all.

>Which is better, MH3 Ultimate, or MH World?

yeah...thats really not a question you should be asking here.

Should I go ask the /vg/ thread then? (kek)

Yeah there's NO way they can fuck DMC up even more right?

Attached: god_of_war_screen_1.0.jpg (1200x675, 111K)

>solo is fine

Compared to previous titles, no, it really isn't.
It's piss easy because the monsters are scaled to one player, so the difficulty never goes beyond what would be village quests in every other MH.

At least /vg/ tries to keep out consolewar fags.

3 Ultimate has more monsters content wise, but it's a classic old MH without any of the QoL changes World (or even 4) introduced and it's only up is underwater combat, which most fans hate. My personal ranking as of now would be Generations (XX pls Capcom...) > World > 4 Ultimate > 3Ultimate. Go 4 World though as it's a great introductory game, and you won't have to look for people to play with. I think the older ones are left with the most dedicated players with Hunter Ranks in the 800's xD.

Will Monster Hunter clones be the next big trend? God no.

Attached: 1485135704204.jpg (500x500, 60K)

>Kingdom Jank in 8th place
Wh*tes on suicide watch lmao

Online makes everything harder, if you are a shitter or don't want to tuin a good run wit your deaths it's actually easier to go solo.
Multi can be insanely fun with good teammates.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1460527703131.png (759x958, 699K)

Probably dip the price to $30 for the "complete" edition with the dlcs included to bring people in, re-do post-game light level system to be a bit more simplified, new tier of content, new raid, basically double the content in the game.

>he posted the wrong false flag image

Its because there still hasn't been any other game releases this year, and its the end of may.

They already were circa 2011-2012. Or did you miss the like dozen or so of them? Toukiden, god eater, soul sacrifice, freedom wars, ragnarok odyssey, etc etc.

Source?

>Switch now the best selling console in US in first 12 months
>Sup Forums will spin this b-but it lost febuary! even though its up 38% and had no games this month

Attached: forty keks.jpg (600x528, 37K)

Switch getting a new MonHun is pretty likely imo. President of the company said he wants to bring the support the series by bring any of their IPs to it including MH.

And before anyone says shit I own both systems. I get a say in this.

They already ruined GoW with 3 and Ascension. If anything GoW PS4 looks better than those games did.

Attached: God of War Combat.webm (1066x600, 2.47M)

Agreed

okay what the fuck is this shit.

nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/dragon_quest_xi_on_switch_is_powered_by_unreal_engine_4

This is on a pro-Nintendo site so I don't know how reliable it is. Either way DQXI is launching this year in the west, with or without Switch. I also heard they're adding voice acting for western release.

The last game I played was 2
Why the FUCK does it look like a dumb fucking generic third person over the shoulder game, jaffe should've killed the series somehow

With this news, I guess he can safely spit toddlers in their faces now for ever doubting MHW's success.

Attached: 1521085407651.png (1920x1079, 1.88M)

Stop pretend you ever gave a shit in the first place. Real fans know 3 and Ascension fucked the series beyond saving.

Crashing this plane

>generic
Find me one other game with this combat.

Why do people care about what sells the most, if the game is shit it's shit. It's not like you're getting a dividend.

>It's a new Sup Forums poster wants to shit up the board even more episode

I don't have to spin. I bought one, and until I find a second good game beyond Odyssey, I'm regretting the purchase.

Not him but the sooner Sup Forums dies, the better it is for Sup Forums.

Please god.

with third person weapon based combat?

>The dumb Switch port that can't even run is holding it back from unveiling.
That statement made it sound like it was a power issue, whereas your article says it's just because the Switch uses UE 4.15, and DQXI was built on UE 4.13. Kinda misleading.

They'll probably add voice acting though, yeah.

World is still about three yearly rehashes away from being even remotely as successful as gen 4.

How do you guys play when it comes to damage: raw or elemental?

It's definitely a power issue. XI is 30 fps on PS4. It's going to be unplayable on Nintendo's glorified tablet.

Be honest. Do you guys REALLY think Capcom will really keep MonHun a console game now? They're still known for flopping back and forth with their series.

Did you miss the gorillion MH clones on the Vita? God Eater, Soul Sacrifice, etc

>moviegames and jap third party games by sony loyalists

I wonder how much different the PS4 would have been accepted if it's only games were literally just Bloodborne and the western sony games? No Yakuza, no Persona, no Kingdom Hearts, just GOOOOOOOODS, Last of Us, Uncharted, and anything else they can make with the same formula.

Attached: 1520759988044.jpg (800x800, 54K)

I fully expect them to come back to Nintendo eventually. But now it's Sony's turn.

Nah. Lower rez, worse texture filtering, lower LoD, turned down lighting, and downgraded models and textures will get it running. For comparison, the gap between the Switch and PS4 is about equal or smaller than the gap between the PSP and Wii, so you can look at Wii->PSP ports to see what to expect. The downgrading process is harder than porting to a more powerful platform, but SE has done it plenty of times before.

Elemental because the bonuses for 3* against monster is significant to a point of not being able to justify raw in really any way without wasting slots on decos that can be used for stuff like sharp eye instead.

I don't see how it could be worth it. Reddit loves them now, but they'll throw a massive month long tantrum if Capcom tries to sell them a $60 hard mode every year.
It'll probably end up like Tri.

How many PS4 30 fps games are running 30 fps on Switch even downgraded?

>How much different it'd be accepted

You mean even more? Yakuza and shit is still incredibly fucking niche outside Japan.

It looks like Hellblade but worse.
Over shoulder camera in action RPGs/hack'n slash or whatever you call it, is horrible. There's a reason why camera in those games usually goes further from player in combat.
It's like they wanted to copy TW3, but for some reason took witcher senses camera instead, probably because it feels more cinematic.

>Bayonetta sold terribly again even though Sup Forums swore up and down it's do better in America
Makes you wonder why Nintendo is even funding 3

They'll probably aim to put it on every system they can manage to make it run on now that they realized how much money they were missing out on by putting it on only one system at a time

Bull fucking shit you're spouting false shit now. Shut up and stop pretend you'd ever gave a fuck about the series. Or you'd know GoW3 already fucked it beyond saving.

What are you even saying?

What else are they going to fund? Not like publishers are running to Nintendo for exclusivity contracts

I meant if the PS4 actually was a literal bloodborne and the gods of us cinematic machine. Those are the console's only noteworthy games, but most Jap pubs make games only for it because there are no other options in Japan.

>incredibly niche outside japan

is that why yakuza has to pander to china and southeast asia, and why zero was the best selling game in the franchise in the west?

Why is PS4 continually selling then?

>GoW, RDR2 and Spidey
How fucked is Nintendo this year? They'd better shit out another Pokemon not to risk going irrelevant in Year 2.

I never pretended I cared about GoW and I couldn't care less.
But nonetheless, it does things in obviously horrible way there's no way not to point it out.

I dunno, Snake Pass? There still aren't many ports at all because everyone apparently assumed the Switch would fail. Publishers basically only just hopped on the Switch train in mid 2017, so we'll be seeing the first real Switch ports this year.

And if you'd care you'd know this is a necessary step in the series growing stagnant as early as GoW3.

Calling it right now by 2020 there'll be a MonHun game announced for Switch and PS5. Look it's hard to believe I know it but that little hybrid "tablet" is really hauling ass for an underpowered system. Even Capcom can't ignore it.

Likely.

Attached: 543156-monster-hunter-xx-nintendo-switch-capcom.jpg (810x456, 74K)

It doesn't take two years to make ports. It takes less than 6 months. If publishers wanted to, Switch would already have countless third-party games. Which is not true. Even new games aren't revealed for Switch like Battlefield and Black Ops 4.

So that's like replacing a turd with shit?

They did the same for DQ VIII

No, the Switch will undoubtedly sell more in 2018 than it did in 2017. The PS4 was helped by MHW in February, whereas the Switch had nothing relevant that month.

That's generally what systems do, although it got a bump from MHW.

>That's generally what systems do
That's not what Wii, Wii U and 3DS did in their fourth years. By then they had already peaked.

What makes you think SE has been trying and failing to make a Switch version for two years? I think it's more likely that they didn't even start on the Switch version until the PS4 version came out. I'll add that the only source you've cited says that the issue isn't power, but engine compatability.

Those new games are Western-focused franchises that have never been tied to Nintendo. New Japanese games actually are being announced as Switch multiplats or getting ports. (See: VC4 or Ys 8).

Again find me a PS4 30 fps game that runs 30 fps on Switch.

enjoy your slower kill times. for optimal hunting just make the diablos weapon of your choice and equip an non element boost gem.

>how much different would the PS4 be accepted if it didn't have the exclusives that are making it widely accepted

u dumb

Attached: 1476696704907.jpg (618x597, 144K)

Splatoon 2 seems to be keeping it going. In the next few weeks it might pass MHW.

I hope the MH popularity actually carries over to G rank and gets a bit harder, MHW as it is right now is rather lackluster.

Solo is literally the easy mode of the game and you can kill everything sub 5 minutes solo just fine.

It's much easier solo. Playing multi is playing on hard mode, since monsters get 2.5 times more health and randos are likely to cart. Also the attack patterns become harder to predict because late game monsters (ie elder dragons) will leap across the map to attack you, so the more spread out your team is, the harder it is to manage his movement.

tl;dr-- you'll run solo for most of the game and play in groups when you want to have fun

The G-Rank re-releases usually sell roughly the same in Japan, not sure about elsewhere since usually only Japan got the base game. And who knows with World, they might do a new shelf refresh of the game with G-Rank and offer it as downloadable expansion to current owners.

nu-Sup Forums is like 50% viral marketing/shills and 25% neofag refugees so obviously not.