Oh wow

Nathan Perry
Nathan Perry

Oh wow. He finally broke down.

escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117181-Yahtzee-Zero-Punctuation-Half-Life

Skip to 4:30.

Attached: yahtzee.jpg (14 KB, 184x184)

All urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117181-Yahtzee-Zero-Punctuation-Half-Life
escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57411-Nom-Nom-Galaxy-Freedom-Planet-Review
youtube.com/watch?v=5NHWfwW2xmg
reddit.com/r/HalfLife/comments/801vnr/for_those_who_want_solid_proof_that_hdtf_stole/
necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness/flash
youtube.com/watch?v=pyJ9FrtBK1g
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1n-TuJTQo
youtube.com/watch?v=JYnbHfwbPQw

Matthew Price
Matthew Price

This guy is still around? Is he like 45 years old now?

Andrew Cooper
Andrew Cooper

How the fuck does Escapist still exist? Hell, how has Yahtzee not left Escapist yet?

Justin Robinson
Justin Robinson

YOU

John Walker
John Walker

are you shilling or something? there was nothing ground breaking in that rant, just more tired complaining that all games have loot boxes and no soul

woah he’s really lost it and speaking to truth!

also
a hat in time as an example of a good game

lol

Nicholas Allen
Nicholas Allen

1:00
freedom planet is an example of "shitty fangame"
well yeah it's a shitty fangame because it's not like sonic at all. as a standalone it's pretty good, however.

Angel Hill
Angel Hill

its a shitty fangame because it's not like sonic at all

I never thought I would read this, not even on Sup Forums.

Christopher Sullivan
Christopher Sullivan

People were idiots to put Valve in such high esteem. They were always a company trying to make money, all companies start with innovation but once they start getting more investors and more money they start playing it safe and turn into another group of corporate bastards.
The lesson is never love anything. Valve sucks, just move on with your lives or find a new hobby.

Adrian Thompson
Adrian Thompson

Valve isn't publicly traded so they don't have investors to pander to. But yeah they don't really have to try to do much when they're raking in like 30% of every PC game sold these days.

Cameron Young
Cameron Young

2D sonic is legitmately good gameplay, and something to be like 2D sonic and failing is bad.

Robert Brown
Robert Brown

it started as a fangame but then decided to fuck the roots and do something fresh, thus abandoning it's fangameishness and through that becoming bad as a fangame.

Wyatt Gutierrez
Wyatt Gutierrez

if you want to bash freedom planet for being extremely girly and cringe inducing go right ahead but that gameplay and music was fucking GOAT

Colton Collins
Colton Collins

nigga that's the point of my joke do i really need to spell it out for you

Evan Thompson
Evan Thompson

Imagine being the sole driving force of a website and the website knows it, and all you have to do is play video games and make a PowerPoint 'animation' about them. Yahtzee probably gets a pretty substantial check from the Escapist and probably makes more there than he would if he had to crowdfund.

Jack Martinez
Jack Martinez

this

Nathan James
Nathan James

I guess he didn’t like it.

Zachary Thomas
Zachary Thomas

unironically wanting to play an anthro furry game where the designs are more autistic than the majority of Sonic's expanded cast
It's disgusting to be honest.

Attached: freedom-planet.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720)

Lucas Evans
Lucas Evans

Freedom Planet
shitty fan game

*reeees internally*

Easton Hill
Easton Hill

Its still pretty fun though.

Isaiah Martinez
Isaiah Martinez

I suppose if you're a furfag and these designs are relatively tame by your standards, then yes.

Thomas Robinson
Thomas Robinson

they are cartoony enough for me to not give a fuck

Carson Anderson
Carson Anderson

nigga have you even played it? its really good. play classic mode if you can't handle the cringe

Adrian Perez
Adrian Perez

genuine story
video game
STOP ACTING LIKE THESE CAN EVER GO TOGETHER

Luke Jenkins
Luke Jenkins

It's the best game treasure never made and there's a more to skip the autistic furfag storyline

Owen Lewis
Owen Lewis

the story is pretty shit but I've seen far worse. but yes the game itself is alright.

Aiden Davis
Aiden Davis

define "genuine story"

Nathaniel Collins
Nathaniel Collins

Then they should reskin it with some designs that remembered to take their Ritalin. I fucking hate how overdesigned furries make their characters. They tack on so much shit to make the characters look "cool" but they end up being a visual clusterfuck. Like, what even are these?

Attached: wtf.png (123 KB, 224x301)

Mason Hernandez
Mason Hernandez

they can and have in the past you delusional mongoloid. the problem is they are so few and far between they might as well not even exist. you can probably count games with a good engaging story on one hand

Kayden Harris
Kayden Harris

You didn’t like the Half Life Games? People frequently use them as examples of games that managed to have both woven together pretty well.

What about OG Portal?

Carson Torres
Carson Torres

Stop playing games with horrible writing.

Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

A good story which never has its quality compromised by the choice of medium.

David White
David White

Yahtzee is a lazy depressive. If he went independent and started riding on the patreon train he'd have to go back to doing all his writing and editing himself. He makes less from the escapist but he knows his independent stint would be short lived.

Ian Murphy
Ian Murphy

6.5/10 too much flair

Logan Wright
Logan Wright

too much overdesigned furry autism
ftfy

Jason Watson
Jason Watson

well, i know videogame stories that will be compromised if you make a movie out of them, since the narrative tools vidya can and does use are different from pretty much everything else except choose-your-own-adventure books.

James Parker
James Parker

Valve was never good, they created one mediocre FPS game in the 90s and then have had a monopoly on PC gaming ever since

Juan Harris
Juan Harris

thats... actually a pretty good definition of it, especially concerning video games

Angel Sanders
Angel Sanders

it's ok when sonic does it

Liam Davis
Liam Davis

Are his books any good?

Asher Cruz
Asher Cruz

this would be a decent point if the characters in game weren't sprites that look like something on the saturn where all those details are shit you'll barely notice over the gameplay

Anthony White
Anthony White

They're fun.

Mason Walker
Mason Walker

furry is not an argument. you can argue about things being overdesigned however, and I wouldn't call this overdesigned. its literally purple sonic

Attached: 1514701086504.gif (8 KB, 76x76)

Dominic Reed
Dominic Reed

Escapist has literally fired almost everybody else on the website in order to keep inflating Croshaw's paycheck. It's why James Portnow had to go freelance.

Colton Watson
Colton Watson

It's awful-looking, Hat in Time is beyond dumb, Yooka-Laylee is trash, Isaac is trash for edgelords, and Shovel Knight wears flannel and drinks bad craft beer.

Only encouraged by Microsoft's creative incompetence, Sony's AAA fad-following, and Nintendo's sheer Jewery.

John Sullivan
John Sullivan

do you just hate everything or something

Attached: 1396235957977.gif (1.83 MB, 320x240)

Nathan Edwards
Nathan Edwards

That is far and away too busy, especially for the genre.

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

Yooka-Laylee is trash
this is the only thing you got right. 1/10 see me after classes

Isaiah Jackson
Isaiah Jackson

Shovel Knight wears flannel and drinks bad craft beer.
ur good at criticism

Joseph Thompson
Joseph Thompson

What is it going to take to fix modern vidya?

Jeremiah Martin
Jeremiah Martin

YOU HATE ONE ELEMENT THEREFORE YOU HATE THE WHOLE THING

And you're part of why all that shit up there is encouraged. Children don't have taste - they just play what's popular, good or not (see: FNAF).

Robert Watson
Robert Watson

I've only read his first one so far and I actually really liked it. I wouldn't say it's the best book ever or anything, but it's certainly a lot better than most of the other "first novels" I've read.

Kayden Phillips
Kayden Phillips

I believe that given that he’s a funny guy, but I kind of have a hard time taking him seriously whenever he is actually trying.

I wonder how he hasn’t gone nuts from all this pressure though. He genuinely seems like a weird gross neck beard who happened to land into the spotlight and has to play pretend.

Nathan Ross
Nathan Ross

good devs, for a start. and maybe a spark of innovation

that entire post
?

Isaiah Collins
Isaiah Collins

I'm the one teaching here, bitch.

Sebastian Murphy
Sebastian Murphy

Fuck off you fat autist

Ian Perry
Ian Perry

[dibs]

Xavier Torres
Xavier Torres

I'm the one teaching here, bitch.
buzzzz, wrong. next question.

Brandon Allen
Brandon Allen

what does that even mean?

Attached: Xanimation.gif~c200.gif (49 KB, 200x200)

Cooper Collins
Cooper Collins

Also everyone else who worked there was a piece of shit

Wyatt Miller
Wyatt Miller

The fact valve, of all people, have a monopoly on PC gaming should speak volumes about
the absolute state
of PC gaming. All companies worth a shit make games for consoles. Always have, always will.

John Ward
John Ward

No, you 'tards. The story was never the point in any of the Half-Lifes. It's clearly just a paper-thin thrown-together excuse for having a shooter game. Half-Life 2 has good WRITING, perhaps even EXCELLENT writing, some of the best in vidya, and they've made an extremely memorable, likable and relatable characters. But the actual STORY of the franchise is a shallow heap of disjointed plotpoints strung together with no real purpose besides "we want the player to do X now".
Why? Do you actually think Valve knows who the hell the Gman is, or they have an actual ending for this franchise in a drawer somewhere? They've been flying by the seat of their pants for the entire decade they've been actually developing these games.

Attached: illogical.jpg (119 KB, 910x1048)

Justin Myers
Justin Myers

The original Mass Effect had had a perfectly adequate scifi world/story and was even slightly above average as far as modern scifi goes.

Brayden Williams
Brayden Williams

It's not okay when Sonic does it either, I said it's more autistic than most of Sonic's expanded cast. Keyword being "most."

Attached: autism-chart.png (84 KB, 659x244)

Samuel Cruz
Samuel Cruz

half life
they were blatantly making up a story as they went along. nothing ever meant anything in the end, it was all under the false impression they were building up to a conclusion they would never reach, hence why HL2 was a shitty cliffhanger and HL3 will never exist.

Portal
shitty example. it was never about developing a story it was about platforming with some robot lady talking to you the entire time. have you ever read a book in your entire life?

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

shits on modern games
yay
I want muh story
boo

I can see why this fag put Biocuck Infinite and Undertale as his game of the year.

Attached: CYVWhK1WsAAEqbS.jpg (25 KB, 499x430)

Carson Torres
Carson Torres

Can tell you're a bottom feeding 2000 babby by this post alone

Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson

they created one mediocre FPS game in the 90s and then have had a monopoly on PC gaming ever since
The monopoly only really started in the 2010's.
Although Valve had their eyes on that shit for YEARS beforehand. Steam started development barely six months after Half-Life's release.
People today (and five years ago) also forget what a fucking shitshow the release of Half-Life 2 & Steam were.

Xavier Flores
Xavier Flores

Attached: e26.jpg (86 KB, 500x628)

Alexander Evans
Alexander Evans

people still watch Zero Punctuation

Attached: cringe.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)

Julian Lopez
Julian Lopez

resorting to tumblrposting
sorry furfag

Luke Gray
Luke Gray

I only read comedies and sci-fi/fantasy shit like Foundation. I’d say that Portal does a good job creating a compelling story with the way you get hinted about the bigger picture before shit hits the fan, with you going from confined sterile lab zones to the vents and whatnot. The gameplay and story go hand in hand.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

Why do people give this much of a fuck about Half Life?

Zachary Davis
Zachary Davis

Who's gonna remember you at 45?

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

you're doing it wrong. comparing book story that just kinda is there for you to read, to game story through which you go through and PLAY through, is kinda idiotic of a task. while i don't deny that many narrative tools that are used in books can be used in games, games and their interactivity add in a new set of tools that only the best game stories utilise.

Isaac King
Isaac King

They're the apex of the shooter genre.

Lincoln Perry
Lincoln Perry

It's PC gaming's Mario. No one makes exclusive PC games so when they get one they really need to hold onto it with both hands. Saddest part is it's not even exclusive.

Robert White
Robert White

Oh, you’re distinguishing writing from the narrative. Fair enough. But good writing with a bad narrative is way better than bad writing with a good narrative, right?

I don’t know why having a good narrative really matters if you really are experiencing everything in the moment.

Oliver Davis
Oliver Davis

My friends and loved ones

Aiden Thomas
Aiden Thomas

FP awful-looking
Nah, it's decent

Hat in Time beyond dumb
wat

Yooka-Laylee trash
Yes. It's mediocre at best.

Issac edgy trash
It's edgy certainly, but functionally it's not bad. Its RNG dependency is far too heavy, and could quite easily be rebalanced if the devs gave a shit.

Shovel Knight
Do you even enjoy video games

I don't entirely disagree with your company criticisms, but Jesus dude lower your standards

Nolan Watson
Nolan Watson

hunt down the freeman
bashes freedom planet out of nowhere
that was actually uncalled for.

Attached: 1453613760865.jpg (48 KB, 422x422)

Eli Hernandez
Eli Hernandez

But good writing with a bad narrative is way better than bad writing with a good narrative, right?
One might feel inclined to feel that way but I dunno, I think it's on a scale and one could outweigh the other. Personally, I'd rather experience a poorly written interesting narrative than a well written boring one.

Justin Richardson
Justin Richardson

the only objectively correct person in this entire thread. the rest of you sicken me. kill yourselves

Liam Foster
Liam Foster

maybe is was a joke on how it's a bad fan game because it's actually good?

Camden Hughes
Camden Hughes

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I love Half-Life. They're amazing games and the atmosphere, characters and careful worldbuilding alone are some of the best vidya has to offer. They also have masterfully integrate the story with the gameplay. My problem is with the idiots who insist on saying Half-Life has a "good story" when that's blatantly false. It's by no means bad, but it's kept minimally functional - an excuse to get the player from point A to point B. A very convincing excuse, but an excuse nonetheless.

Oliver Roberts
Oliver Roberts

Yes but that's all PC gamers had at the time.

Ian Parker
Ian Parker

escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57411-Nom-Nom-Galaxy-Freedom-Planet-Review

Attached: download.jpg (26 KB, 225x225)

Jackson Foster
Jackson Foster

It was a good rant, but I'd hardly say he "broke down." A "break down" is more akin to what happened to Cosmo after he lost at the Nintendo thing.

Sebastian Sullivan
Sebastian Sullivan

who know's HL games where shit best thing to come out of HL was the source engine and Gmod

Leo Green
Leo Green

Oh wow. He finally posted an eceleb thread

Brandon Butler
Brandon Butler

Shut the fuck up, get on a plane back to australia, suck Gabe's dick so he lets you back in, and start making more Let's Drown Out you fucking idiot

Mason Cooper
Mason Cooper

Yahtzee is what keeps The Escapist around. Go check their YouTube channel, it's basically the Zero Punctuation channel. If not for him, The Escapist would no longer exist.

Josiah Green
Josiah Green

e-celeb trash
fuck off

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

He's not in Australia anymore? I haven't been following him much since I stopped playing so many new games. Let's Drown Out was comfy.

Luke Perez
Luke Perez

I can't believe I'm writing this but get a life

Noah Edwards
Noah Edwards

It is clear that people are using the world “story” to mean “tone, writing, characterization” rather than “narrative” a lot. That’s probably where the confusion lies. I doubt Yahtzee or anyone feels Hat in Time had a compelling narrative, so I think to take his critique of lack of story in the gaming world as criticizing developers for not being good at developing plotlines isn’t accurate.

Leo Diaz
Leo Diaz

Yeah, moved to California I think
He got a gf and streams with her now, but it's not nearly as comfy

Blake Cruz
Blake Cruz

Move to US to live with his girlfriend

Brody Bell
Brody Bell

It's edgy certainly, but functionally it's not bad. Its RNG dependency is far too heavy, and could quite easily be rebalanced if the devs gave a shit.

What are we talking about BOI here? You can win 99% of your runs.

Cooper Ramirez
Cooper Ramirez

he liked the game itself but criticized the story so there you go. you autists can stop getting so defensive now holy fuck

Ryan Thompson
Ryan Thompson

He moved to the US. Presumably for a girl. It certainly wasn’t for the political climate.

Josiah Sanchez
Josiah Sanchez

My friends and loved ones

utterly btfo
like anyone would want to be remembered as that lanky hipster clown that talk really fast

Adam Williams
Adam Williams

this feels like a stealth milestone, acknowledging that current-year games have truly fucked off into the deep end of shit

I hardly play anything of late, and when I do it's all backlog stuff

Jaxon Gomez
Jaxon Gomez

I think he means that RNG makes a huge difference in whether the game just plays and beats itself or is actually mechanically challenging. BoI is always relatively easy, but some runs just get everything that makes it so you don’t even have to look at the screen to win.

Jason Howard
Jason Howard

won't they be dead by then?

Owen Davis
Owen Davis

I dunno why people keep misrepresenting the story. The only thing actually wrong with it on paper is Mitchell killing Adam instead of interrogating him to learn about the G-Man and the deal.

Wyatt Reed
Wyatt Reed

Win yes, but Delirium is most horribly-made piece of trash I've ever come across and I never bother fighting him because I don't need to any more due to killing him already with all characters (besides with The Lost, who's already kind of annoying to play as anyway).
It's telling how they literally never make a daily challenge that ends with Delirium.

Ryder Thomas
Ryder Thomas

I liked when the Escapist cleaned house and fired every retarded SJW blogger they had on staff and turned the entire site into the Yahtzee Show.

Joshua Gutierrez
Joshua Gutierrez

/eceleb/ general when?

Ryder Phillips
Ryder Phillips

durr it's le kickstarter game so i automatically have to hate it

Thomas Collins
Thomas Collins

That too. I'll admit that I agree with a decent bit of what Bob Chipman professes in his videos after my turn to the left, but I'm not so stupid as to enjoy the videos where he starts pulling shit like defending Jack Thompson, or sperging out over fucking Man of Steel 2.

Anthony Walker
Anthony Walker

No, he made his political stance perfectly clear after Brexit, and with his self-insert character in Mogworld's ridicule of nationalism.

Wyatt Brown
Wyatt Brown

What about Origin? UbiSoft Online? GoG? Hell, even Blizzard has its own online sales site.

Tyler Nguyen
Tyler Nguyen

believes Half-Life stopped arena shooters despite UT and Q3 releasing after it
Retard

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

Attached: 1518456127540.png (553 KB, 493x1460)

Asher Myers
Asher Myers

Man of Steel 2.

go back to your universe

Blake Parker
Blake Parker

The lesson is never love anything

the lesson is don't emotional invest into fucking companies you tards. Everytime I see someone talking about Newell like he's fucking Santa or Nintendo like it's fucking Geppetto's shop I weep for fucking humanity. And before some retarded fanboy starts crying that goes for Sony, Microsoft or any other fucker that wants to sell something to you as well, you fuckers.

Nathaniel Anderson
Nathaniel Anderson

scroll through the Escapist youtube channel
last video that wasn't Yahtzee was Jimquisition before Sterling left 3 years ago
Why does the Escapist even exist anymore?

Sebastian Scott
Sebastian Scott

Sorry. Batman vs Superman just seems a bit too long a title for me, so I decided to use a nickname that would get my point across. In retrospect, I should've said "sperging out over Pixels or Amazing Spiderman 2"

Evan Rogers
Evan Rogers

Okay user, what did you think of Cuphead then?

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

Yet they have gone together. Several times, and the only people who say otherwise are the dumbasses like you who think stories shouldn't be in video games at all.
Seriously, I'm tired of this meme. A couple cinematic games that suck come out and everyone starts acting like having a story in your game is a fucking death sentence. Fucking retards.

Attached: Silent-Hill-2.jpg (24 KB, 220x317)

Leo Turner
Leo Turner

We're not all 50 year olds who grew up in the era of LBJ and Richard Nixon, dude. Pretty much everybody 30 or younger grew up in an era where 90% of our childhood was commercial entertainment meant to hock merchandise.

Jace Campbell
Jace Campbell

Does Silent Hill have a good narrative? Like, arching plotline? Or is it just really good with its atmosphere?

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

Dude, just play it and form your own opinion. Lord knows that's what I need to do.

Christian White
Christian White

We need to stop David Cage before he ruins everything

post games with good story and gameplay

Attached: 5256f14e991169a1d50abf30b35fa99b2afe3d5e807a99aa1d9d3c4327741a84[1].jpg (232 KB, 1600x740)

Anthony Thomas
Anthony Thomas

video games if for us kids
Eh?

Attached: 1312542390700.jpg (78 KB, 500x375)

Juan Cooper
Juan Cooper

Where is Romero these days?

Liam Green
Liam Green

the first 2 do
the others suffered from the pointless sequel syndrome

Angel Taylor
Angel Taylor

Sup Forums - youtube drama and international political discussion

Luis Jackson
Luis Jackson

I’m not interesting in horror games. I’m just curious. Most of the games I play are almost exclusively gameplay driven, but I was curious whether Silent Hill’s narrative (specifically) was A. Worthwhile and B. Not hurt by its choice of medium.

Cool. Maybe that guy is a dummy then.

Julian Myers
Julian Myers

1 and 3 are connected, at least

Christopher Powell
Christopher Powell

I never understand mass autist triggerings over anthros.

Daniel Collins
Daniel Collins

Ireland last time I checked. Makes shitty mobile games, did a failed kickstarter fps with really uninspired backstory couple years back.

Samuel Bennett
Samuel Bennett

Are you mentally challenged?

Eli Cooper
Eli Cooper

I´m not giving him my clicks
just sum up what he said

Aaron Baker
Aaron Baker

"no"

Lincoln Bailey
Lincoln Bailey

It's probably safe to blame John Romero

Attached: laughingelfman.jpg (17 KB, 256x353)

Julian Perry
Julian Perry

yes?

Julian Edwards
Julian Edwards

No.

Ethan Peterson
Ethan Peterson

It uses video game mechanics to invisibly influence the story's direction. Sorta like dark souls uses them to unveil the story, but in silent hill you influence it. engagin in fights getting maria fucked up and looking at Marys picture all influence the final outcome without players knowing. you can play the way you like and you're rewarded with different pieces of a larger puzzle. Unique story telling that only video game can achieve.

Ayden Nguyen
Ayden Nguyen

see here

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

anthro =/= furry

Matthew Flores
Matthew Flores

He doesn’t like that Valve is letting this garbage be on Steam. He also doesn’t like that we no longer get games with good writing, tone and atmosphere and when we do, it is few and far between. He threw in a comment about triple AAA titles being boring experiences just to sell loot boxes, calling out specifically Destiny 2 and Assassin’s Creed Origins.

He joked that it was somehow John Romero’s fault.

Benjamin Cox
Benjamin Cox

YOU FUCKED UP MY FACE

Owen Jones
Owen Jones

his kingdom come deliverance video

Attached: 1377052771882.jpg (76 KB, 519x600)

Carson Robinson
Carson Robinson

Jesus, is The Escapist really this desperate for traffic?

Charles Ramirez
Charles Ramirez

How so?

Bentley Jenkins
Bentley Jenkins

Yes
Let the hate flow through you like entity's through the maps of V1.0 Daikatana

Attached: nX0xfSd.png (402 KB, 469x498)

Luis Ortiz
Luis Ortiz

hunt down the freeman is so bad that it rivals big rigs
How is this shit still in the store? Not only being shit, but it also has stolen assets too.

Attached: 1520379299104.jpg (30 KB, 720x720)

Xavier Gutierrez
Xavier Gutierrez

youtube.com/watch?v=5NHWfwW2xmg

Carson Cruz
Carson Cruz

watching Yahtzee after he tried for a position on The Late Show

Attached: VIDEOGAMES.png (278 KB, 1102x590)

Liam Green
Liam Green

stolen assets too.
Stolen assets from valve. Valve makes money off its sales.

Why would they pursue a cease and desist exactly?

Ian Harris
Ian Harris

you seem like such a sad, angry little man

Jacob Ortiz
Jacob Ortiz

To be fair, he was already not the biggest fan of 2D classic sonic so freedom planet was even more of a “couldn’t give a fuck” type of game to him.

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

Stolen assets from valve
No. Hunt down the freeman also has stolen assets from STALKER and other projects too.

Kayden Gutierrez
Kayden Gutierrez

Stolen assets from valve
reddit.com/r/HalfLife/comments/801vnr/for_those_who_want_solid_proof_that_hdtf_stole/

Henry Martinez
Henry Martinez

I actually remember him praising the game a lot in his review. did he change his mind, or just forgot about it completely and assumed it was bad. Either way, comparing it to hunt down the freeman is poor form

Attached: d0c0aa84e1dc879b8f6f89739dd5029a.jpg (90 KB, 565x800)

Logan Butler
Logan Butler

necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness/flash
A bit pretentious and the execution could be better, but I think that it's an excellent counterpoint to this claim.

Cooper Gutierrez
Cooper Gutierrez

Well as long as the copyright holders don't complain and pursue legal action there's nothing you can do about it.

Noah Morales
Noah Morales

He hates nazis
He knows the people voting in brexit and trump were driven solely by racism and fear rather then anything Economically practical or generally rational.

wow what a fucking weirdo, how dare he.

Attached: 48583865.png (377 KB, 540x689)

Dylan Martinez
Dylan Martinez

make a series of comedic novels
the ending is always a depressing gut punch
I will never understand why he chose to do this

Connor Edwards
Connor Edwards

Dude’s starting to crack. He threw shade at the Steam brats praising Kingdom come: deliverance as this perfect game with its unintuitive combat system, archaic splinter save system and all its other bugs and deemed them “PC gamer dick slurp all stars”. And now this tirade on triple A and especially valve.

Hopefully some better games come up this year for him to review to cheer him up.

Jace Moore
Jace Moore

Reminder that Valve killed Troika and doomed VTMB.

Easton Nelson
Easton Nelson

Terrible video. 75% of the complaints were him just sucking and clearly not giving a shit.

Lucas Bell
Lucas Bell

It's been 14 years, but I've never forgotten.

Attached: agame.jpg (133 KB, 800x600)

Zachary Sanchez
Zachary Sanchez

ive been watching yahtzee since his third video. I grew up.

no its just a very uninteresting platformer. The one with the physics snake looks way better by comparison

Jace Thomas
Jace Thomas

Would it be shilling if I posted another HTDF trailer I made based on the MGSV ones?

Jacob Gray
Jacob Gray

everything is shilling so who really cares

Dylan Young
Dylan Young

Ok then
youtube.com/watch?v=pyJ9FrtBK1g

Jaxon Smith
Jaxon Smith

Just the fact that the game is broken to the point of you having to use hacks to finish it is enough reason to take it down. That's why quality control exists.

Matthew Wilson
Matthew Wilson

Didn't AHIT do well though? It certainly had to do better than Hunt Down the Freeman.

Joshua Gonzalez
Joshua Gonzalez

He's streaming it now apparently.

Attached: firefox-2018-03-21-21-22-09.png (52 KB, 584x230)

Cameron Fisher
Cameron Fisher

Is despising Hillary not a rational reason to vote against her?

Levi Fisher
Levi Fisher

Does he still wear that stupid fedora

Brayden Murphy
Brayden Murphy

It's zero punctuation, but there's punctuation in the title. hahaha, im so original.

Kevin Wright
Kevin Wright

once you know that people jerk off to humanized animals you cant put that cat back in the bag

Robert James
Robert James

steam
quality control

Attached: 499534832.jpg (125 KB, 984x984)

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

stop playing shit games retard

Kayden Russell
Kayden Russell

Most people just don't vote.

Christian Walker
Christian Walker

furry detected

Nolan Edwards
Nolan Edwards

Who?

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

Attached: thatsthejoke.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

Deviantart the game

Carson Murphy
Carson Murphy

It is. Which is why Yahtzee also mocked her for being such a loser that couldn’t beat

Mason Morales
Mason Morales

Please don't insult Treasure

Brandon Young
Brandon Young

He started really young, like in his early 20s iirc.

Evan Green
Evan Green

I wasn't joking though, every kind of online game store has to have some kind of quality control. I've never seen such broken games on PSN or XLive.

Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones

Friendly reminder that this game is not only still being sold on Steam, it has sold over 100 thousand copies as of this date.

Ayden Jones
Ayden Jones

what the fuck are you even trying to say, are you such a brainlet you take offence when someone disses your idol.

Lucas Scott
Lucas Scott

Are you one of the PC gaming dick slurp all stars he mentioned?

Jeremiah Bailey
Jeremiah Bailey

Get a load of this underage
The PC market was oversaturated with FPS games back then

Hudson Sullivan
Hudson Sullivan

Oh no NONO he insulted daddy? Our beautiful, powerful daddy who gives us cummies and MAGA?
Destroy him, boyz.

Attached: 1490607758339.jpg (48 KB, 640x640)

Benjamin Moore
Benjamin Moore

What happened to his boyfriend Gabe? Did he become a derelict after Yahtzee left him?

Attached: 1498011331968.jpg (96 KB, 882x1200)

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

Yeah it sucks that Valve doesn't care about games anymore, but it really isn't anything new.
Valve hasn't given a shit about what they put out since what, Portal 2? After all, why make products when you have a service that practically monopolizes the PC game market.

Luis Jones
Luis Jones

It did well indeed but his point on good game being swamped by the sheer amount of garbage around it means that unless you’re putting yourself out there as a dev to spread the word or even get lucky and become viral. AHiT had to contend with the “SHAD MAN” shitposts and the comparisons to Yooka Laylee since they’re both Kickstarters that wanted to invoke the spirit of old school platformers (which sets off all the flags after what happened with Yooka Laylee and MN9) so it was nice to see it finally come out and see a lot of people in the community praising it.

Landon Kelly
Landon Kelly

What is reading comprehension?
user said Yahtzee mocked both Hillary and Trump with , which is true and not really something to get uppity about from either side of the debate

VIDEO GAMES

Kayden Morgan
Kayden Morgan

How dare people try to defend themselves from being raped from 3rd world shitskin refugees.

Hunter Roberts
Hunter Roberts

Who am I idoling? I hate both trump and Hillary. I’m not even American you dork

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

a video games board not a eceleb board

Eli Bell
Eli Bell

I’m not even American you dork
Then your opinion doesn't matter, fuck off to reddit, eurocuck.

Juan Robinson
Juan Robinson

"oh boy another video game review!"
its just a bunch of brexit and trump jokes

Hunter Evans
Hunter Evans

he didn't compare it to hunt down the freeman. however he did jab at it for seemingly no reason and I'm not sure if he was joking or serious

Colton Baker
Colton Baker

Let me guess? He cried about there being no niggers in the game?

Thomas Walker
Thomas Walker

Don't take it personal, everyone was making those jokes at that point.

Jonathan Jackson
Jonathan Jackson

Kek no.
Let me guess, You have never seen a yathzee video before?

Ryan Young
Ryan Young

Never even so much as alluded to the "controversy".

William Young
William Young

Do kingdom cucks really think that people only dislike this trash game for muh no blacks?

Dylan Morris
Dylan Morris

man he went off, good on him

Carter Ramirez
Carter Ramirez

country has terrible anti rape laws and protection and has allowed countless women to be abused without any sympathy from the government or Police
Foreigners never made an outcry
Alt Right media pretends to care about women in a sea of narratives that seethes at the sight of a woman and calls them "nation wreckers"

I think it's pretty clear you only care about women when it benefits your racist narrative.

Ian Parker
Ian Parker

The one with the physics snake looks way better by comparison

You sound like you've played both games extensively and are highly knowledgeable.

Zachary Hall
Zachary Hall

He cried about how shitty the game actually is.

Jason Thomas
Jason Thomas

christ you're insufferable

Camden Hill
Camden Hill

Attached: 1518245807457.jpg (276 KB, 1152x865)

Ethan Morales
Ethan Morales

I have to agree with him.
Video games have lost it's magic.
I thought it was just me growing up with nostalgia googles on, but even thinking about it objectively I come to the same conclusions.

Parker Perry
Parker Perry

Horseshit. If a woman cries "RAPE" her word will always win over a men's even if the man in question is innocent.
Women are very pampered in the west.

And it's only women getting raped it's also white men getting killed by shitskins too.

Jordan Bennett
Jordan Bennett

It's actually quite vexing

Attached: escapist.jpg (156 KB, 294x1056)

Luke Morales
Luke Morales

It’s better to turn away a few sand niggers than let your people get raped and murdered desu senpai

Kevin Taylor
Kevin Taylor

lootboxes bad
modern gaming bad
yes yes he "broke down" in the same way every single thread on Sup Forums apparently does

Parker Lee
Parker Lee

Escapist runs mostly off clicks and donations, they're poor as fuck.

Samuel Garcia
Samuel Garcia

Of course he didn't outright say it, he's not that dumb.
But it's clear he bashed the game because of that since he's a leftie scum.

This is the same guy who sucked Witcher 3's and Skyrim's dicks.

Brayden Peterson
Brayden Peterson

They're not just poor, they're bankrupt. Which is why their site is now "community run" and the only one still getting paid (and hence producing content) is yahtzee.

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

He literally is the escapist nowadays. They fired their entire staff and kept Yahtzee, some webdev and a couple of rotating streamers. The boards are run by volunteers.

Lincoln Wood
Lincoln Wood

I think in a drown out he said he stopped when he gained some self awareness in his mid-late 20s. Can't be separated from the cartoon representation of him though.

Juan Stewart
Juan Stewart

But it's clear he bashed the game because of that since he's a leftie scum
Now this is some next level schizophrenia, senpai

Attached: 835744.png (143 KB, 386x366)

David Johnson
David Johnson

Doesnt matter what he says! i know what he really means because i say so!
He praised the game for his historical accuracy, it's onw of the few things he liked.

Samuel Hall
Samuel Hall

When’s the last time someone else made a video other than Yahtzee?

Brandon Hill
Brandon Hill

He just said he liked it to avoid controversy
He knows how to play the game(by that I don't mean Kingdom Come)

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

Considering it has taken up until now for women being sexually assaulted in hollywood to be heard.

and how every woman saying they have been assaulted is met with thousands of men saying "THAT'S JUST A LIE"
you sure have some strong opinions on the issues facing women considering you've made your argument entirely around the race of the perpetrators.

And your next point, can you tell me how many people Immigrants killed?

Attached: 0RXnzuc.gif (1.06 MB, 360x270)

Lincoln Parker
Lincoln Parker

OP is and always has been, as massive faggot.

Jace Parker
Jace Parker

You don't get basic conspiracy. Absence of evidence just means they're better at hiding it which means they're all the more dangerous.

Lincoln Russell
Lincoln Russell

and how every woman saying they have been assaulted is met with thousands of men saying "THAT'S JUST A LIE"
Now that's just a lie.

William Allen
William Allen

But the gameplay is good so who fucking cares?

Jordan Phillips
Jordan Phillips

Evidence of what? You're just making shit up because your rotten /pol/ brain conditioned you to.

Attached: 7318052994209.jpg (45 KB, 800x450)

Adam Cox
Adam Cox

it has taken up until now for women being sexually assaulted in hollywood to be heard
And who do you think was assaulting them and keeping them from being heard? Can't be the alt-right since hollywood is large and by far dominated by liberals who constantly proclaim their hatred for Trump and right-wingers.
And hundreds of thousands more saying "BELIEVE HER BECAUSE SHE HAS A VAGINA"

Ayden Barnes
Ayden Barnes

More reading comprehension, less bite reflex.

Attached: 1422290321666.jpg (35 KB, 368x368)

Eli Fisher
Eli Fisher

the only reason to dislike a shit game is because it has no niggers in it
This is what /pol/tards actually believe.

Jack Brown
Jack Brown

Absence of evidence just means they're better at hiding it
Oh man, we can make all sorts of retarded claims now and they are all true because "they" are hiding the evidence. You just won at life, my lad.

Samuel Lopez
Samuel Lopez

This thread is why I don't go on Sup Forums anymore.

Jace Thompson
Jace Thompson

Why the fuck are you here and why did you find this thread if you don't come here anymore

Wyatt Hall
Wyatt Hall

Well, You're one of the biggest retards i have seen in Sup Forums.
Congratulations.

Grayson Lopez
Grayson Lopez

I am the OP.

Aaron Foster
Aaron Foster

Then fuck off with your E-celeb shit, you deserve what this thread turned into.

Camden Garcia
Camden Garcia

Gee. Sorry.

Attached: 1378551078802.jpg (12 KB, 180x191)

Chase Taylor
Chase Taylor

Still watching Yahtzee

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

He's good with his wordplay and worth a few minutes of entertainment every week.
Good thing i'm not dumb enough to take him seriously.

Ian Wright
Ian Wright

just saw the video and his wordplay has gotten severely worse than it was 5 years ago

Camden Gomez
Camden Gomez

He makes my Wednesday’s. It’s good fun that you take with a grain of salt considering Yahtzee’s onru nature and tastes.

Jaxson Brown
Jaxson Brown

He's got some weird ideas on the industry and it's place as an artform. I especially love when he whines about "FUTURE HISTORIANS being confused by reboots with the same name as the original" kike anybody actually fucking cares.

Samuel Hill
Samuel Hill

I was too poor for vidya growing up, but I always had a long list of games I wanted to play one day. Since coming into money, I've slowly been working my way through the list in chronological order; I'm currently playing Tales of Phantasia.
What year does it all go to shit, so I know when to stop and kill myself?

Attached: chief.jpg (54 KB, 640x480)

Tyler Lewis
Tyler Lewis

Considering it has taken up until now for women being sexually assaulted in hollywood to be heard.
You mean like the legions of women who started accusing Trump of harrassing them as soon as he became President?

Can you please do me a favor and get some common sense?
Thanks, moron.

Henry Cruz
Henry Cruz

muh /pol/
You need to go back

Ryder Powell
Ryder Powell

1977, with the release of the Atari 2600. Ever since we've fought of waves of shovelware, greed, shit games and casualization.

Isaac Lee
Isaac Lee

Silent Hill 2
Good story
MOMMY I KILLED MY WAIFU

Matthew Robinson
Matthew Robinson

Its a trap.

That squeaky fuck who does Extra Credits.

Noah Nelson
Noah Nelson

I don't understand how that is a bad story.
Are you one of these brainlets that thing that good story=Epic bigs scale things happening?

Jaxon Scott
Jaxon Scott

le contrarian caps lock man

Wyatt Sullivan
Wyatt Sullivan

it's mostly stuff stolen from movies and books but they did a good job at it as long as you are willing to put up with the controls

Attached: beter-goed-gejat-dan-slecht-bedacht.jpg (368 KB, 1912x806)

Liam Nguyen
Liam Nguyen

But user, don't you see? The nurses represent his sexual frustration! It's deep and clever and not completely lacking in subtly

Andrew Myers
Andrew Myers

Since I can already tell where this is going, can we all just get to the inevitable ending this board is going towards, call every game to ever exist or will exist shit forever, rename this place to /b2/ and get it over with already? I mean, I'm not going to act like some babby over peoples' tastes in vidya, but at the rate we're going, within the next 5 years there won't be even one game left to talk about due to contrarians being unable to stop shitposting any actual vidya thread to death because they think everything must be shat on just for the sake of (you)s and getting a laff out of misery, because people got too addicted to wanting everything to be the TORtanic. I wish that fucking shitshow of an MMO never happened and that the person who originally thought it up was hanged in front of George Lucas himself, so it never would have let this fucking place end up the way it is now.

Christopher White
Christopher White

Despite what you see on Sup Forums, good games come out all the time. They just aren't triple A games anymore, but indie shit. So don't tie that noose just yet my dude

Henry Rodriguez
Henry Rodriguez

a) if you think this was in any way a breakdown you don't socialise enough

b) if the animosity in this thread stems from something he said about trump you've only yourselves to be laughing at

Caleb King
Caleb King

I think the biggest issue I actually have with Yahtzee isn't his opinions, so much as it's I can't even tell what his opinions or taste really are. The only thing I know for sure is he hates most things RTS games, fighting games, JRPGS, most things japanese except Dark Souls or Silent Hill, anything with a cover wall higher than your ankle and loves truck driving simulators

Kevin Hall
Kevin Hall

/b2/
not /nupol/
Someone's been hitting the soyoyoylent a little too hard, m'thinks

Attached: 1472860603257.gif (693 KB, 339x279)

Hudson Gutierrez
Hudson Gutierrez

He usually likes games that have a vision and direction to them instead of just being something shat out for the sake of money, that's the easiest way I can describe it

Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson

Yahtzee is a Remoaner
Why am I not surprised?

Chase Nguyen
Chase Nguyen

Even that's barely consistent though.

Camden Wright
Camden Wright

cancer

Liam Hall
Liam Hall

No, THIS is Deviantart the game.

Attached: dust---an-elysian-tail-v3-by-harrybana-d690ikl.png (354 KB, 512x512)

Carter Butler
Carter Butler

That was a pretty good game. Was it really done by 1 dude?

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

Even moviebob has better taste than this hack.

Oliver Collins
Oliver Collins

Movie Bob praised Other M and chided Prime for being a FPS.

Caleb Peterson
Caleb Peterson

they're both shit

John Roberts
John Roberts

I'd fuck Fidget desu

Isaiah Walker
Isaiah Walker

Attached: 1.png (54 KB, 643x341)

Nicholas Rogers
Nicholas Rogers

Ik vond de hele kindergarten cop thematiek een beetje slecht verzonnen.

Mason Thompson
Mason Thompson

The only time I’ve ever questions Yahtzee sense of tastes was his review of Bioshock Infinite. He even contradicts how he likes a game despite having flaws like a batshit stupid story and messy gameplay but said he didn’t mind that when I remember him going off an many games over the years for being “pretentious”.

Cooper Martin
Cooper Martin

You are correct.
But just in case you are a genuine spicy meming newfag:
/s4s/

Jeremiah Williams
Jeremiah Williams

hes a retard.

Lincoln Brooks
Lincoln Brooks

pot kettle yadda yadda

Christian Anderson
Christian Anderson

he hasn't played SotC/MGS2/dozens of other fucking games that use the medium to elevate themselves

Easton Wood
Easton Wood

And that's what makes it annoying. It's EVERYWHERE.

Justin Mitchell
Justin Mitchell

MGS
Good story

BAHAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAAJAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAHAHAHSAHAHAHAHAH

Brandon Green
Brandon Green

Threads aren't safe spaces, faggot.

Jayden Rogers
Jayden Rogers

Do you have a chalkboard that you mark on every time he makes even the slightest swipe at something you don’t like someone swiping at?

Nathan Diaz
Nathan Diaz

I just wonder what people expect to get out of doing this.
Do they just like to stir shit? Do they like to have a different opinion? For attention and to feel special? Do they think they can change peoples minds that specifically seek out to spend time with strangers to talk about the things they love? Why would they want to do this?

Matthew Brown
Matthew Brown

He replaced gabe with his dumb giggling ditz of a girlfriend. I am perturbed.

Zachary Rivera
Zachary Rivera

Why does anyone use the escapist
Other than zero punc what does it have?

Carter Adams
Carter Adams

Nothing, they fired everyone else.

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

literally fucking this. game was good. and cheap. faggots stay mad.

Dominic Smith
Dominic Smith

A which "My tiny equestrian are you" poll. I have no idea how the site manages to stay up or why Yahtzee works for them.

Connor Peterson
Connor Peterson

It's EVERYWHERE.
Perhaps that tells you everything you need to know about the subject.

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

Because at one point in history, everyone who knew how to use a computer had played Half-Life

Luis Garcia
Luis Garcia

everyone was making those jokes at that point.
That's the issue,the jokes were stale and unfunny
No one had any originals jokes

Hunter Parker
Hunter Parker

It's basically the PC's Ocarina or FF7

Elijah Gray
Elijah Gray

Can confirm, I both used a computer and played half life.

Eli Ortiz
Eli Ortiz

Complains that Samus Returns is too hard and doesn't have enough story
Praises Cuphead for it's challenge and says it doesn't need a story

Attached: faggot-identified.gif (126 KB, 720x480)

Aaron Campbell
Aaron Campbell

How many months is that poll going to run for?

Brody Cook
Brody Cook

I thought they were pretty funny. It seems they personally offended you. I recommend not latching on to politicians, it's a losing game.

Jeremiah Perez
Jeremiah Perez

game reviews are a hard science
every single game is the same
oh lad

Bentley Morgan
Bentley Morgan

Different types of games.
If you make Cuphead easier then it just becomes a ramdon indie game with nice animation.
A complex story wouldn't fit at all with Cuphead artstyle and gameplay.

Sebastian Foster
Sebastian Foster

It seems they personally offended you.
I wasn't offended,I was just annoyed because it's the same exact jokes over and over and over

Kevin Turner
Kevin Turner

Until they hire someone to take it down.

Camden Gomez
Camden Gomez

If Cuphead had more of a story I do feel that it would be in the way. It's like trying to push more of a story onto Super Meat Boy, it just takes away from the experience when what I'm really playing it for is the challenge.

Jaxson Rogers
Jaxson Rogers

Yahtzee
The man who made a joke about how it was stupid to say you're not gay while sucking your trans girlfriend's cock
And then made fun of the retard who responded with indignation in the comments about that phrase.

The only person I know who is Less PC is Broteam and he made a 3 minute video insulting Mohammad after some Muslims threw a shit fit about him mentioning Mohammad in some video.

Thomas Long
Thomas Long

Cuphead is boss rush game that you would end in 1 hour if it was easy and since they were trying to make a 30s cartoon having a story would just go againts the entire point.

Landon Bennett
Landon Bennett

When standards are both so blatantly inconsistent, it's worth pointing out.

A complex story wouldn't fit at all with Cuphead artstyle and gameplay.

How? It has plenty of cutscenes and was clearly trying to have a story. Giving it a free pass while complaining about Metroid doing more or less the same thing is just retarded.

Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy

And Metroid is an exploration-based maze game and having story in the background makes sense for the same reasons, but Yahtzee is too stupid to understand this.

Carter Garcia
Carter Garcia

They're not just poor, they're bankrupt. Which is why their site is now "community run"

so that's why the site looks like shit.

jesus christ, i remember posting on the escapist forums in like 2009. what the fuck happened? it's like seeing some guy you knew from high school on a street corner begging for money. i actually feel sorry for these cunts.

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

I don't remember him ever saying about Metroid that was critical of this. He just really blasted Other M for being Other M, Federation Force for it knows why and Samus Returns for some silly controls

Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

It has plenty of cutscenes and was clearly trying to have a story.
I said complex story.
Cuphead has a simple and funny plot, like a cartoon from the 30s.
It's like the user said above: It would be in the way. It's like trying to push more of a story onto Super Meat Boy.

Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers

They realised people only watched yahtzee and fired everyone else
I don't think they'll be staying afloat much longer. Yahtzee can pull 500000 views a week, he can probably get ZP crowdfunded by his followers.

Levi Young
Levi Young

And Metroid is trying to be a sci-fi pulp adventure with some background lore. Why is he too dumb to understand this?

Easton Diaz
Easton Diaz

What are you trying to say? Yathzee has mentioned a lot of times that the exploration is what he likes the most in metroid and games in general.

Joseph Mitchell
Joseph Mitchell

Than that makes it even weirder than he wants an obstructive story in Metroid.

Jeremiah Morris
Jeremiah Morris

My kids.

Anthony Morgan
Anthony Morgan

Apparently he started doing his own video series about fighting games with some other Aussie guy. Don't know if he's still at it. I haven't seen it but from what I've heard the other guy doesn't really contribute anything and is just there as a sounding board for Gabe.

Julian Sanders
Julian Sanders

Is this one of those screamer games

Samuel Jenkins
Samuel Jenkins

And Metroid is trying to be a sci-fi pulp adventure with some background lore.
Because it's actually trying and it could be better?

Jonathan Hall
Jonathan Hall

They stay afloat because Yahtzee brings in enough residual traffic to manage. Yahtzee stays because he can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants and still get his check. When Escapist finally caves he'll be immediately picked up by another site. He knows it and Escapist knows it.

Luke Rogers
Luke Rogers

Yeah but what I don't know is why he just doesn't up and go solo. I feel like this was asked once on his Lets Drown Out show but but I don't remember if he gave a real answer.

Jose Turner
Jose Turner

Metroid has always been about atmosphere and visual cues, not a direct narrative, and Samus Returns does a great job of environmental storytelling. Yahtzee us just too dumb to pick up on this.

Michael Gomez
Michael Gomez

Yahtzee likes Samus.

Luis Mitchell
Luis Mitchell

Why would he? Might as well ride the gravy train till it stops. He's said before that ZP is now basically just a job so he can support his personal projects like novels and games. He's not going to fuck with the cash flow unnecessarily.

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

From what i remember he complained just about the controls and linearity in a game about exploratio0n.
It's not like he disliked it, He said that it was like Botw (a game he liked but forgot about 5 minutes after playing it).
Why are you so mad?

Andrew White
Andrew White

Because of the blatant inconsistency in his reviews.

Jordan Kelly
Jordan Kelly

Nintendofags man.

Oliver Gomez
Oliver Gomez

Implying it's not cupniggers defending their shitty Newgrounds game.

James Cook
James Cook

Considering we're specifically talking about Metroid? It's not.

Tyler Hill
Tyler Hill

Is not inconsistency, People already explained you why a story and easier gameplay in cuphead wouldn't work.
Metroid is actually trying to tell a story, it could be a lot better and for a game about exploration is really linear. Also shitty controls.

Asher James
Asher James

He actually praised the historical angle the game aimed for but hates the combat.
You're paranoid as fuck m8

Anthony Lewis
Anthony Lewis

A story in cuphead wouldn't work.
Metroid having a better story would just make the game better, that's a fact.

Christian Torres
Christian Torres

People already explained you why a story and easier gameplay in cuphead wouldn't work.

And their reasoning was faulty considering Cuphead was clearly trying to have a story. It even had cutscenes you retarded faggot. Yahtzee js giving it a pass because of the art, like the rest of you easily impressed cunts.

Metroid is actually trying to tell a story

And it did so through the enviroment, like the series always does.

See above.

Juan Roberts
Juan Roberts

And their reasoning was faulty considering Cuphead was clearly trying to have a story. It even had cutscenes you retarded faggot.

Jackson Carter
Jackson Carter

lefty
That's incredibly wrong.

Caleb Edwards
Caleb Edwards

On the bright side, indies and smaller studios exist in a way that they never would have in the past.

Yeah, it's depressing that more creative projects are often overshadowed by mainstream copy-paste Triple A rehashes, but there is still creativity out there.

Attached: Pyre.jpg (74 KB, 770x470)

Carson Young
Carson Young

What does that have to do with it being fun?

David Rodriguez
David Rodriguez

And their reasoning was faulty considering Cuphead was clearly trying to have a story.
Cuphead doesn't takes itself as seriously as metroid. It's supposed to just be silly
It would just go againts the game aesthetics and shit, If like if you have been just reading what you wanted.

Nathan Diaz
Nathan Diaz

And Metroid is about exploration and atmosphere and a more direct narrative would get in the way. Why are you faggots ignoring this?

Jordan Nguyen
Jordan Nguyen

*cough*

Attached: Metroid-Other-M-Cover.jpg (111 KB, 256x353)

Owen Jenkins
Owen Jenkins

I don't remember did Yathzee said that he wants a direct narrative ot just a better one? Do you know that it could be both about exploration and have a better plot?

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

My friends on Sup Forums.

Joseph Martinez
Joseph Martinez

See, once upon a wonderful time, there used to be such a thing as a decent story writing in videogames, good enough to urge us onwards through the less than perfect gameplay at the time, a form of motivation that seems to have become an artform lost through the ages of videogame industry.

One day, child, you may yet see this lost art be found and returned, but hold out not for hope, for there is none of that here and now. Instead, let us close our eyes and dream of better days forever more.

Jeremiah Garcia
Jeremiah Garcia

An excellent example of what he's talking about.

Easton Gonzalez
Easton Gonzalez

10/10

Gabriel Brooks
Gabriel Brooks

I feel like there's still a middle ground.

Leo Collins
Leo Collins

If you really mean 'above average storytelling', then I agree. All the games that pride themselves on being 'mature', stoic, narrative-driven games (read: everything David Cage) are lower than even straight-to-VOD B-movies in terms of writing.

Funny. Rockstar doesn't boast about any of the fluff Quantic Dream does, but even their B-movie writing shits all over Quantic's. Andthat's not even talking about JRPGs.

Dylan Cook
Dylan Cook

He told it as he saw it.

Yahtzee's right on this one.

Sorry blokes.

Ayden Russell
Ayden Russell

Other M was fucking awful though and the narration was God awful, mainly due to the fact that Samus' voice actress was high as fuck on Xanax during her narration recordings.

Jaxson Allen
Jaxson Allen

The story is about finding the Metroids, but there's a sub-theme about the hubris and fall of the Chozo in the background that's told in a very unobstructed and subtle way.

Owen Cooper
Owen Cooper

Everyone loves Samus. The only way you could ever not love Samus is if you were such a fucking awful person that literally nobody or even nothing, not even your own family could ever even remotely pretend to like you.

Xavier Reed
Xavier Reed

soy

Liam Perry
Liam Perry

the "gamer" that never managed to beat Chrono Trigger
relevant

Luis Mitchell
Luis Mitchell

Dobson.

Attached: 0d046deae6fdc091066e8cb397f1e8fc71f82982f1ae9e86f0be8075a6a0e402.jpg (217 KB, 800x588)

Dominic Lopez
Dominic Lopez

Dobbie likes the movie where poor bullied creator proves his detractors wrong by being the greatest person ever in history

gee what a surprise.

Attached: ryuuko-0-o.jpg (34 KB, 256x279)

Austin Wright
Austin Wright

I get the impression Dobson wishes he was as successful as Shyamalamahoweveryouspellhisname

Christian Gomez
Christian Gomez

Sounds like his regular episode. Your point?

Jaxon Barnes
Jaxon Barnes

They are really damn fun to read.

Jason Mitchell
Jason Mitchell

People do this all the time about everything. You took it personally because of some misplaced sense of loyalty, which is hysterical.

Samuel Gray
Samuel Gray

Who else /Escapist Refugee/ here?

Attached: OhhhhhhhhhhhhNooooooooooo.jpg (91 KB, 650x416)

Nolan Watson
Nolan Watson

That fucking punchline

Attached: 72898ac5e7278354becdf.jpg (114 KB, 596x648)

Jose Adams
Jose Adams

It was, especially the story. But I have to admit, once you emulate it with a normal controller, the gameplay is pretty alright. Fix it for normal controls, remove the story and those pixel hunting scenes and you've got a solid foundation for 3D metroid games. What killed it on the wii more than anything was that idiotic controller flipping mechanic.

Alexander Jackson
Alexander Jackson

holy fuck this shit still exists? i remember watching it 8 years ago

Juan Jones
Juan Jones

Can't relate, yahtzee was always the only thing making me go to that site. Was there anything else in there worth watching, ever?

Attached: 1506462971867.jpg (45 KB, 500x461)

Landon Young
Landon Young

you have completely missed the point and strawmanned heres your (you) for effort.

Attached: memegrab104.png (319 KB, 520x377)

Michael Brown
Michael Brown

Extra Credits, which spun off yonks ago, and Critical Miss had some good comics in the mix.

Camden Jenkins
Camden Jenkins

i know right, old people should just die lol

Mason Ramirez
Mason Ramirez

Eh, seen better rants by him.

Just this month the one on the end of the Metal Gear Survive video was better.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris

To say nothing of the fact that his understanding of video games as an art form is the same backwards-ass Frankensteinian tripe that has plagued the non-Japanese sector of it for decades. Just look at his praise for walking simulators and disdain for any actual fucking video GAME with deeper interactivity and challenge than fucking Batman Arkham.

Christopher Cox
Christopher Cox

Nah, if you want the good stuff, check the ending of Kingdom Come review, where he has a rant about mustard race and git gud

Caleb Watson
Caleb Watson

I remember liking some of the cheap flash cartoons comedy series they hosted before, but that was fucking forever ago. So long ago in fact that I can't even name any of them off the top of my head.

Blake Anderson
Blake Anderson

And then I suggest checking the games he actually prises as having good story and good gameplay. Pro-tip - it's related with this very review, as they are all present in it.
But here, grab a (You)

Jason Morales
Jason Morales

Notice something those games all have in common?
Now take a look at what website you are on and think long and hard about it.

Attached: Weeb-implies-that-they-play-Japanese-games,-and-Japanese-games-are-superior-to-western-games-in-term (64 KB, 1394x520)

Ryan James
Ryan James

Not him but I was born in 1991 and I don't pretend like companies are my friends.
Sure, there are people who want to make good games but they need to make money with it too.That's why brand loyalty became a thing, you knew that this company made some quality shit.

They've been publishing games for a long time.
You faggots make it sound like it's easy shit because they get a cut but they're actually busy.
They've been annoyed with MS at least since Windows 8 and are trying to make Linux a viable option for gaming, just recently they hired another dev for linux drivers.

Isaac Rivera
Isaac Rivera

They still do stuff. Aaron, his buddy, is a horrid person with terrible opinions and constantly crying about how much pain he's in, plz gib patreon monies.

Leo Jones
Leo Jones

Children don't have taste - they just play what's popular, good or not
Remind me again who the target audience of this right here is.

Attached: 1498764754654.jpg (161 KB, 845x710)

Lincoln Butler
Lincoln Butler

2010+
Considering Valve a good guy

Adam Parker
Adam Parker

He praised the game a lot, but thought that the entire plot was cringe inducing and uneeded.

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

Don't forget your reward for beating it is the It Was All a Dream ending that revealed a "crucial" aspect of the story that nearly every single person who played the thing from its Flash incarnation had already figured out.

Daniel Howard
Daniel Howard

Ah yes GamerGate is a conspiracy to stop Hillary Clinton from being President (During the primaries) and CoD IS LITERALLY MAKING YOU SOLDIER BOIS man

Jack Baker
Jack Baker

Blue Baby already told everyone that it's just Isaac suffocating in the chest.
Edmund's a useless asshole who isn't anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is.

Jaxon Cook
Jaxon Cook

They can if the game is Japanese, as opposed to Westerners who just cram disparate elements together out of a crucial misunderstanding of at least one of the mediums.

Attached: most-Western-games-try-to-create-an-experience-that-could-be-easily-recreated-in-any-other-medium-be (15 KB, 757x197)

Samuel Sullivan
Samuel Sullivan

I am sexually attracted to Gabe Newell.

Michael Murphy
Michael Murphy

I wonder if you actually believe that, or it's just a convenient bullshit argument that supports your wapanese faggotry. In either case it assumes that the story in a game is what defines the quality of it, which is so hilariously retarded it made me lol and punch my dad in the dick.

Samuel Moore
Samuel Moore

It's mot enough. He needs to openly align with a nationalist movement. So does Broteam. He's already on our side posting sjw leaks all the time. We have to win this war.

Brody Gutierrez
Brody Gutierrez

Is Yahtzee Jewish?

Henry Rivera
Henry Rivera

They only have a monopoly on PC gaming because the rest of the industry effectively abandoned it after being sunk TORtanic-style by Crysis in 2007 and sold out by MicroXoft.

Jaxon Wright
Jaxon Wright

Move classic into the middle.

Nolan Harris
Nolan Harris

Reddit is that way, bucko ->

Attached: 1515365457743.jpg (42 KB, 372x392)

Julian Stewart
Julian Stewart

is he
dare i say it

Matthew Green
Matthew Green

Nah, full-blown incest born anglo

Jack Long
Jack Long

using wapanese as a pejorative
on 4 mother fucking chan
You done fucked up.

Attached: 1464978167426.png (52 KB, 652x480)

Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson

Well I say he's Jewish so that means he's Jewish. End of discussion.

Sebastian Martin
Sebastian Martin

That's just a cop out, pull yourself together. You're not 11 anymore.

Cameron Bailey
Cameron Bailey

Wow. That might be worse than being a jew.

Aaron Morris
Aaron Morris

Reminder that Bethesda did a much fiercer blow by purchasing Fallout from under them.

Attached: 1478184709579.jpg (834 KB, 2213x2397)

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

newfag redditor calling weeb chanizen underage

Attached: 1461847138186.png (2.27 MB, 1888x3748)

Mason Carter
Mason Carter

You're an idiot, there's a difference between liking japanese stuff like anime and being full on mentally challenged weeaboo. That distinction was always here. Stop trying so hard to fit in.

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

this feels like a stealth milestone, acknowledging that current-year games have truly fucked off into the deep end of shit
Were you in a fucking coma for the past decade?
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1n-TuJTQo

Hudson Bailey
Hudson Bailey

He Doesn't Play New Vegas
He Doesn't Play KOTOR 2

Attached: looking-into-your-soul.png (191 KB, 392x336)

Connor Roberts
Connor Roberts

There is literally nothing wrong with anything he said

Eli Watson
Eli Watson

The site is for otaku culture, not for super wapanese mongoloids who think anything from japan is superior. It's hilarious how you throw reddit accusations while desperately trying to fit in.

Leo Johnson
Leo Johnson

bad examples

Attached: AF4EF4F3-2FA5-4B1E-9381-982DEDED1242.jpg (137 KB, 800x1114)

Hudson Parker
Hudson Parker

Those words are flagrantly incorrect

Carter Anderson
Carter Anderson

The physics in this are ass. Almost Sonic Rush teir garbage.

Angel Moore
Angel Moore

Weebs don't know KOTOR 2 exists

Attached: Seysuna-RN.png (222 KB, 800x450)

Thomas Peterson
Thomas Peterson

Average yahtzee "critique" video
game I don't like
Lol look how shit it is LMAO
game i like
what the fuck, why is this faggot talking shit, he doesn't know anything about the game Git GUDDD

Brody Wilson
Brody Wilson

Yeah, but I hate him so I need to defend modern games in order to satisfy my cognitive dissonance.

Brayden Thompson
Brayden Thompson

has good WRITING, perhaps even EXCELLENT writing
Jesus fucking Christ have you ever read a book that wasn't part of some of some trash genre fiction saga?

Isaac Gutierrez
Isaac Gutierrez

Attached: He-Knows.png (651 KB, 1055x1005)

Charles White
Charles White

this e-celeb thread is STILL up

Jaxson Kelly
Jaxson Kelly

Zero Punctuation died when Yahtzee could no longer pick music for the intro to match the review and instead switched to that "generic" intro.
At least his books and games are still good.

Grayson Richardson
Grayson Richardson

They're excellent examples, so is System Shock. I'd add Planescape Torment and Desu Ex to the list.

Liam Edwards
Liam Edwards

Do a contract to release your game the same day (or after) the most tech developed and hyped game of the decade
They brought it on themselves desu.

Samuel Scott
Samuel Scott

Zero Punctuation died less than a year into its life
Zero Punctuation has been dead for over 21x it has been alive
And I thought The Simpsons had it bad.

Justin Ward
Justin Ward

They’re not bad games but they’re both unfinished and are missing huge chunks of content, we aren’t seeing the full picture with everything put together

Lincoln Brooks
Lincoln Brooks

can I get a quick rundown on this guy?

Adam Gutierrez
Adam Gutierrez

why does he dislike John Romero?

Zachary Sanchez
Zachary Sanchez

Do they just like to stir shit?
Pretty sure the point of this website is to stir shit.

Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson

It's almost as if conservatives are an almost non-existent now vocal minority of video gaming enthusiasts and thus the likelihood of encountering one with pro-nationalist and anti-egalitarian views outside of Sup Forums might as well not even be up for debate.
He made him his bitch. Don't you remember?
youtube.com/watch?v=JYnbHfwbPQw

Thomas Wilson
Thomas Wilson

Give Romero some credit, at least Deus Ex came as a side effect to Daikatana

Wyatt Thomas
Wyatt Thomas

Seriously, thanks, John.

Owen Garcia
Owen Garcia

To sum up the video the other user posted:
Romero pushed the designer-centered development process too far, and failed hard. Companies as a result took all the power away from "star" designers, resulting in games without vision or passion.

Robert Smith
Robert Smith

And he made DOOM?

Matthew Perry
Matthew Perry

after my turn to the left
Did you somehow manage to make your pituitary gland work in reverse?

Attached: 1513403020396.png (768 KB, 1312x1014)

William Reyes
William Reyes

Man constantly on the move, changes country each few years, doesn't give a shit about whatever politics are going on except what directly affects him.
HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NATIONALITY AND DISLIKES A MOVEMENT THAT LIMITS HIS CAPACITY TO KEEP MIGRATING WHEN CONVENIENT.

Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez

Yeah, but he was with Carmack. The shitfall that was Daikatana and the snoozefest of Quake 2 exemplified how they were loose ends without each other.

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

We're speaking of someone who migrates for pussy. Foreign pussy. Which means not only are his motives shallow and irrational but also inherently dangerous via the fundamental miscegenation factor.

Jose Clark
Jose Clark

It's a fascinating character study that doesn't rely too much on exposition to get the point across.

Attached: Silent-Hill-2---Maria.jpg (15 KB, 800x559)

Liam Ortiz
Liam Ortiz

What the hell are you talking about?

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

I'm honestly really disappointed he didn't outright spoil the entire plot of Hunt Down The Freeman.

Christian Anderson
Christian Anderson

Did you seriously just make that yourself? what a faggot.

Luke Baker
Luke Baker

Not him but part of the reason for both of Yahtzee's moves was to pursue a girl.

Chase Phillips
Chase Phillips

Why bother? Part of the reason the story is crap is because a lot of the points are tiresomely predictable.

Christian Edwards
Christian Edwards

didn't he have a bar at some point? how did that go?

Kayden Sanchez
Kayden Sanchez

He was being bitter cause people think he's funny and cool when he calls games shit, even if he likes them.

Tyler Mitchell
Tyler Mitchell

value being placed in the proper spot by the community. the only way to fix any human problem. thats why all human problems are unsolvable

Carter Barnes
Carter Barnes

That's British comedy for you.

Easton Martinez
Easton Martinez

holy fuck calm down dude, it's just vidya games

Kevin Lewis
Kevin Lewis

console war shit about fucking half life
lol. g-man dispose of these hot heads

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

MOM LOOK I POSTED IT AGAIN!

Attached: ABE6BD77-60C1-44B0-95EB-6319DADD9E1C.png (1.17 MB, 2208x1242)

Jonathan Wood
Jonathan Wood

It closed a few years ago

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

this but unironically

Jaxon Miller
Jaxon Miller

this post contributed nothing

t. third party

Evan Jones
Evan Jones

tfw one of my posts is in a "best of Sup Forums" image
Is this what Alexander the Great felt like being immortalized in statues?

Attached: cirno-dance.gif (131 KB, 267x200)

Mason Long
Mason Long

I miss unforgotten realms, that was the main reason I went there.

Christian Robinson
Christian Robinson

Alexander doesn't feel anything anymore. I made sure of that.

David Gray
David Gray

tfw one of my posts will forever be engraved in /mlp/history
It doesn't make me a celeb, but hey at least I gave tens and tens of people laughter

Attached: 1390013346791.jpg (84 KB, 960x720)

Ayden Cox
Ayden Cox

That literally doesn't mean anything. Most content creators, if you go back to 2014, are making "homophobic" and rape jokes pretty consistantly. Then you fast forward to 2017+ and all of a sudden "We need to make sure that trans/homo/queer/gender-neutral phobics and bigots are all ritually castrated in the streets" as though nothing even happened.

Jeremiah Smith
Jeremiah Smith

A better version of this same image was already posted

Connor White
Connor White

meant for

Noah Morales
Noah Morales

Is that comic with white korra still running?

Logan Nelson
Logan Nelson

after my turn to the left
Got a vasectomy eh?

Anthony Collins
Anthony Collins

No, you are just retarted.

Lincoln Fisher
Lincoln Fisher

What do you mean? He killed himself

Logan Stewart
Logan Stewart

Here's a description for his newest book released just last month:
The novel is about a group of individuals from the Ministry of Occultism needing to track down a magical serial killer while dealing with the public scrutiny of our modern politically correct society
In his 2016 book "Will save the Galaxy for Food" he has a transvestite hooker joke

Why do you make hit pieces for people you know nothing about?

Angel Martin
Angel Martin

That's what I wanted you to think.

Grayson Russell
Grayson Russell

Go back to that post again, and read it again, and notice that I'm in no way agreeing with /pol/.

Xavier Wright
Xavier Wright

holy shit that's a blast from the past. Rurikar was my favourite comedian back in the day

Jacob Harris
Jacob Harris

There were loot boxes in Origins?

Jeremiah Jenkins
Jeremiah Jenkins

You're retarded regardless of that.

Gabriel Foster
Gabriel Foster

zero punctuation

Attached: 1510025478149.jpg (74 KB, 845x360)

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

Do not rewrite history. Women were frequently told to shut the fuck up about rape. Even the police. I literally saw a cop in front of others spin a beer bottle around. He said "try and penetrate this bottle, it keeps moving, how could you?"

This was to show a woman could not actually be raped if she actually fought

David Collins
David Collins

Oh wow. He finally broke down.
Why does this sound a lot like a clickbait shillpost?

Christian Ramirez
Christian Ramirez

Personally examples are not de facto evidence

Mason Stewart
Mason Stewart

Because it is.

Gotta make sure 4chins watch today's funny rant and load up those ads.

Charles Nelson
Charles Nelson

yahtzee thread every couple days
still makes a video a week like he has for the past decade
hasn’t changed at all
first replies are always “Wait he still exists/is making videos?”

William Edwards
William Edwards

Romeo and Juliet
Good story
I'M GOING TO THROW MY ENTIRE LIFE AWAY FOR THIS THOT I JUST MET 5 SECONDS AGO

See, I can oversimplify too.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit