Battlefront 2 Unlocks all heroes

So does this mean we won?

kotaku.com/ea-finally-unlocks-every-hero-in-star-wars-battlefront-1823964815

Attached: we did it reddit.png (747x874, 603K)

Too late, dont buy.

Attached: 1521402654030.jpg (655x527, 59K)

The only real way to win is not to play

>So does this mean we won?
A battle, but not the war.

I won because I never gave them money. Maybe battlefront 3 wont be cancerous on launch and I'll reward them with money.

????????????
it was never difficult to unlock them in the first place

> unlock all heroes

WOW ... that's what they came up with?

brilliant!

Attached: defunes2.jpg (860x484, 60K)

Too little too late
EA's shit
Star Wars is shit
DICE is shit
This game is shit
sage

No. All of this shit is reactionary because they clearly went into looking to bend over the customer. They will learn NOTHING from this for Battlefield 3 and you can quote on me on that.

Far, far too late. Go fuck yourself, EA.

woah, when us gamers work together we can do anything

Attached: 1521294890510.png (234x360, 166K)

The game was completely fucked by EA but even with the overhaul the gameplay will still suck shit compared to the original 2nd game

The fact that there are no secondary weapons or ammo is fucking stupid and designed to accommodate literal 3 year olds

Doesn't really matter everyone should drop Star Wars after the last film was so fucking terrible

Attached: 1520304850565.jpg (281x246, 17K)

>EA buisness strategy

Attached: South_Park_-_Cartmanland.png (480x359, 257K)

it was statistically impossible to unlock them in the first place.

Misinformed reddit meme

Will never get a dime from me again.

this

>linking to shitaku

We did it Reddit!

Stop getting your information from reddit
Hero price was nerfed at release and were unlocked pretty fucking fast

The ability cards are where shit hit the fan grind-wise

This. Burn the bodies, set fire to the resources, salt the land. Scorched earth is the only way

>WOW WTF THIS GAME IS GARBAGE BUT IF THEY CHANGED IT TO MY SPECIFICATIONS I WOULD BUY IT
>LMAO CHANGING THE GAME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS SHOWS HOW DESPERATE THEY ARE AND ITS TOO LITTLE TOO LATE
Sup Forums in a nutshell

No it wasn't.
It even says in the screenshot in the OP image that it takes 40 hours to unlock one.
It's just incredibly unfair.

No one cares. Go back to Kotaku's comment section you retard.

Huh, a buttmad EA fanboy. Don't see that here every day.

woah if only blizzdrones actually stopped playing the game would have been free 5 years ago

Because it's all about intent. Basically is correct.

No it just means they are going to monetize everything else.

>all those cucks who bought lootcrates to get heros now realize they wasted their money

my fuckin sides

>intent
Lmaooo they removed all aspects RNG lootcrates from the game for good. That’s all everyone bitched about.

Oh, the nerf when they lowered hero prices in response to "community feedback"?, the same one that, at the same time, behind everyone's back, nerfed credit gain from single player too, so it took longer to get stuff? something from like 9000 to 4000 iirc.

Why are you defending them?

Those were only the people who bought the 4-day earlier deluxe version. Whales getting fucked over is the best thing about this.

Maybe they should've done that before I got my refund.

Its attempting to salvage PR at this point. The damage is done, and for a company that has habitually shown it doesnt give 2 shits about being on the cutting edge of nickel & dime'ing to players, theres no coming back.

I'm sure the five people who still play that game are happy.

They changed the credit rewards because it was only supposed to give you enough to unlock Iden. When her cost was reduced, campaign payout was reduced.

Even if all the shady shit was gone the games are still 2/10 games that are primarily vehicles for microtransactions. It's sad that people are so stupid and devoid of taste that they'll still buy cynical cash grabs like this by the millions.

This is better than most people realize. Not only did the trash waste its money, it is now liable to believe all microtransaction lootbox shit in the future will eventually be made free.

PLEASE BUY MY GAME!

Unless they finally added trooper customization I'm not interested

Yeah but if this was Nintendo this thread would be sucking them off. smdh

Still missing a shitload of content and has way too much era crossover as a result

Not touching it until that changes

Attached: 1516123777587.gif (343x400, 3.09M)

I might get it. The beta was vaguely enjoyable, the fighter combat was fun. The campaign pissed me the fuck off more than the MTs did, but whatever.

Only if it's 5 bucks or less though and I'm sure it'll hit that eventually

And if every single person one Sup Forums was one person you;d have a point. as it stands you're just a retard and apparently anonymous commenting is too complicated for you.

>EA still in business
>Win
not even close

Call me back when someone makes a modern Star Wars worth a damn again. Then I'll care.

If you absolutely need to play it then just buy a used copy.
Lord knows there's a metric shit ton of them.

Attached: 1351733792259.jpg (774x1290, 605K)

Still not buying it, EA
you always do this and you always fallback to your old ways, sorry but no.

Why do these fucking Jews have to own or ruin all the games I loved

This doesn't show goodwill as much as it shows begrudgingly giving into the community outcry at large and forced decency and fairness.

For that, EA can die in a fire.

Lame. Microtransactions shouldn't have been a big deal.

No, EA, No

Imagine all the idiots that actually wasted these last 5 months grinding this game

I unlocked all heroes in like 10 hours of total game play

It wasnt bad

They are about to reveal a new Battlefield, they just want people to forget about their jewery so they can pull it off again.

They don't get money from used copies.

Attached: 1416085851663.gif (200x157, 2.85M)

enjoy ban

No means no, EA.

You are a lying sack of shit. Multiple videos have come out with maths that it would take weeks of IG time to unlock everything.

Unless you paid some, too. Then by all means, get out, because you're cancer.

>Why are you defending them?
Because you are spewing bullshit

Characters were piss easy to unlock, cards are where the grind become hell on earth
If anything you're the one defending them by ignoring the real issue here

>implying Sup Forums wasn't praising the microtransactions after reddit got triggered

I bought it during the Best Buy price glitch and never opened/gifted/flipped it, due to the value plummeting a week after, so this is good news!

All these people saying too late are correct though. Seeing all the negativity surrounding this, and EA's continued delay of a real fix, just shows that the company is beyond help.

While I'm sad for what happened to Amy Hennig, going to EA was simply a bad decision to start with.

Attached: Most downvoted comment in history.jpg (1526x224, 86K)

Attached: 1443291671222.gif (921x155, 212K)

>Unlocks all the heroes
>Six months after launch, after everyone who cares already bought them
So the lesson here is to never buy anything from EA, got it.

Attached: shinji.jpg (250x240, 15K)

Inb4 Star Wars Battle Royal and cancer streamers make it a success

you mean praising it to see ea fail

The Frostbite Engine probably can't even handle 100 players.

Episode IX will be next year, shit isn't surprising.
Is Jake Skywalker a playable hero in nuBF2?

At this point no one cares about that game so they do this as a void "look we care about your opinion". Watch them double down for their Destiny clone

pretty True UE4 is pretty beast

Well, I'm glad I haven't played enough to get points to spend on a hero.

They already shit the bed. They just washed the sheets, but the stain isn't coming out all the way and still has a lingering smell.

>"By some estimates, the likes of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader could take close to 40 hours each to unlock for the player intent on not spending any money on microtransactions. Heroes cost credits in Battlefront II. With the average multiplayer match currently netting people somewhere between 250 and 350 for 10-15 minutes of play, the road to buying all of them appears like it will be a long one. Luke and Vader are two of the most expensive heroes at 60,000 credits each, but even heroes like Leia and Chewbacca still cost 40,000."

>Here are some of the calculations one user on Reddit game up with:
>Average Galactic Assault Match Length: 11:09
>Average Credits per Match: 275
>Average Credits per Minute of Gameplay: 25.04
>Gameplay Minutes Required to Earn a Trooper Crate (4000): 159.73
>Gameplay Minutes Required to Unlock One Hero: 2,395.97

get fucked, idgaf if its from reddit, its solid math and info on the game. no opinions here.

but please, discredit my sources' hard numbers on the game. go on, do it, shill.

Its fun seeing the lengths people will go to defend whatever Reddit is angry about.

They're only making them free because everyone who wanted to buy them already has. EA got their money, so now they're trying to entice new players into the game so they can keep it alive and release even more nickel-and-dime content for the whales.

They never gave a fuck about "my specifications", this is a purely business decision. Retard.

>Soy Wars
>EA
no thanks

So, did the outcry even affect Battlefront's sales or was it just typical leddit drama?

BUY MY GAME

Attached: 1514085652167.png (663x868, 889K)

remember when games didn't have unlocks and to change weapons you just chose the weapon
and there was no obligation to keep playing the game to play, you launched the game because you felt it was fun

There's plenty of corporate cock guzzlers here these days. I don't think most of it is intentionally trying to be contrarian to them but just contrarian in general.

So do you have a single fact to back that up or are you just saying that because it fits with your comfortable worldview of [company you don't like] never doing anything conceivably positive?

I'm not about to eagerly trust EA either but I'm just curious

Attached: JCDenton2.png (432x454, 268K)

This. Beating the campaign alone gives you enough to unlock a couple. I unlocked all of them a long ass time ago.

Yes, you now won the right to play the most shallow shooter in shooter history. Then pay for cosmetic microtransactions. Good job!

No. Games are designed like fucking Power Ball tickets now. Just dangling a non-existent carrot in players' faces, that's all the incentive anyone needs at this point.

Agreed, rainbow six siege just did the same shit too with the default ops

>He actually thinks that it's not EA trying to trick people that haven't paid them for the game yet.
If they actually gave a shit they would've done this last year - back when people were paying attention to the game and actively complaining.

Not SIX MONTHS later.

Yes, actually. The game sold less than they wanted and needed, and far less than the first one. The Last Jedi almost certainly didn't help their case.

Please, at best what you have is a paid shill from them and at worst you just have a retard being a contrarian simply for the sake of being a contrarian

Can it really be called a trick, though?

This is true. I am guilty of this.
As president of Sup Forums I declare we were wrong.

They don't do anything out of the kindness of their hearts you twat. Everything they do is a decision based on how it will benefit them, like most successful businesses.

spbp

NICE
now that the dust has settled
now that the cat's out of the bag
now that everything's on the table
now that i can buy the game

>By some estimates, the likes of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader could take close to 40 hours each to unlock for the player intent on not spending any money on microtransactions
I have a total of 12h ingame and got Vader in 3 to 4h at release. And that's the most expensive character in the game, I had others.

>get fucked, idgaf if its from reddit
You're free to open wide and swallow every kind of bullshit that come your way bud
Just avoid posting it here where people will actually call you on your bullshit

>buying anything Disney Wars
>ever

Attached: OTPTLegendsVidyaVSDisneyVidya.jpg (1728x2752, 1.17M)

Yes because somewhere out there some retard will buy the game because of this.

getting the heroes was not the grind. the real grind was star cards and as far as I can tell that has not been improved much

I never said otherwise but I don't think that's really special to EA

IMO I don't see the problem with supporting games after positive changes brought about by the playerbase come out. You're NOT going to get "Genuine goodwill" out of AAA games developers, voting with your wallet when they do shit that benefits you is the best you're going to get

>gosh why don't people buy our mediocre, cynical cash-ins on star wars?

I'd hope Disney just hemorrhaged money from their Star Wars buyout but I'm sure even with the abysmal quality of everything they've attempted so far they're probably already in the green.

Why is directly linking to Kuntaku not a bannable offense?