I understand why FO4 gets shit but why do you guys give FO3 shit too?

I understand why FO4 gets shit but why do you guys give FO3 shit too?

Attached: Fallout_3_cover_art.png (1000x1240, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amtsN-NRqwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause is still not as good as the classics, though it is better than F4

It's an extremely shallow RPG that abandoned the setting, themes, and gameplay of the originals

because it is worse than New Vegas in every conceivable way

youtube.com/watch?v=amtsN-NRqwM

Attached: 1427919627951.png (642x314, 68K)

Because it was bad.

It's quite a mediocre game even without comparison to the others. It lacks choice and consequence which was a major element of the originals and new vegas

I honestly think 3 is worse then 4.

>extremely shallow
>has deeper character customization than New Vegas, which is certainly not shallow

I haven't seen that bait before, I'm curious as to what you say next?

FO3 gives you perks and skill increases every level. In FNV you only get perks every other level.

How so?

Damn...

Attached: 1520982068837.jpg (437x431, 28K)

Because Sup Forums is totally gay and possessive about FNV.

That's literally the only significant difference between their character progression systems.

I miss back when this image was obligatory.

Attached: FO3.jpg (912x670, 262K)

>traits

n-no...

FO4>FO3

3 attempts to be a RPG and fails, FO4 embraces a sandbox game design and can occasionally be fun

So you think it's better because it gives you more perks?

Attached: 1503228275383.jpg (230x220, 6K)

But the thing is, who gives a shit abut the plot of the main quest?

Who the fuck at Bethesda thought that that level scaling was okay? Especially after already having fucked it up with Oblivion, and Broken Steel just made things even worse.

>the original two games don't have themes of americana
>the series is literally based around a ruined americana theme
>the 2nd games villain is literally "americana made bad"

Trying way too hard. Fallout isn't "Fallout" anymore, but it's still 50% Fallout.

Literally none of the traits are worth it. Every trait is basically "Make your character 15% worse but 10% better." I always skip traits in NV.

Fucking 10/10

Attached: 06.jpg (558x720, 231K)

>Literally none of the traits are worth it.
um... sweetie...

Attached: SkilledFNV.png (164x174, 11K)

It's a bad image that purposely forgets and leaves out details to make it seem stupid, he tried to make it seem like the game doesn't explain or give reasons for things but it reads as he just didn't pay any attention. Fallout 3's plot is retarded but that image just isn't being fair

Attached: 1447537849522.gif (250x250, 32K)

Reading this in the Superintendents voice makes it even better somehow

Yeah more options when playing a role-playing game, who would want that?

Fallout NV also has Traits - permanent increases AND DECREASES to your abilities from the start of the game

I didn't say it was better. I said it was deeper. That enables more customization. New Vegas doesn't really make up for it in any significant way.

Look, I love New Vegas and think it's a better game than FO3. They're just not very different from a character progression standpoint.

What Fallout 4 has over FO3 and FNV is that it actually feels like a finished product. There's so much NOTHING in FNV that was obviously supposed to be something it negatively impacts the game. Going through parts of FNV, like Freeside or Camp McCaran is just downright tedious, and it's obvious it's at least partly because they couldn't put in the content they wanted.

>being able to making a literal super soldier of perks makes it deeper
it completely removes a vital part of the roleplaying which is character building

No, the amount of perks that you can get in just one playthrough of Fallout 3 is way to many and there's not many weapon specific perks.
For example, I could go for a guns build in NV, that means that I can spec into shotguns, automatic weapons, rifles or handguns, there are many perks that let me choose what character I want to play as and how I'll interact with the world. In 3 you just get a stat boost for your skill and some damage upgrades for the entire category of weapon that you'll be using.

Half of 3's perks are just straight stat boosts, and there's only 30 levels
NV has 50, and DLCs give you bonus perks as well, you end up with more than in 3.

This was purposefully explained in a retarded way, stop reposting this like it's proof of anything other than NVFags will do or say anything to act like NV is superior

except that the coding is dogshit in fo4 which makes it feel like it's unfinished.

>FO3fag literally saying delete this
Heh.

Fallout 3 is basically really bad Fallout fanfiction. They didn't understand anything about Fallout so they just threw in as many references to it as they could, even when they didn't make sense. It's bad.

>This was purposefully explained in a retarded way
That's the entire story of Fallout 3

Bethesda changed a lot of the original series lore just to make their pwecious wittle Fallout 3 fit in.

Plus they filed a cease and desist to No Mutants Allowed for hosting the original Fallout Bible when 3 first came out instead of their haphazardly edited version. Bethesda also went out of their way to gimp New Vega's development as much as possible because they were scared of the original writers reminding people why everybody loves the first two Fallout games

also it's barely an RPG anymore.

It got disproven multiple times, stop being autistic.

Unironically this.

Not an argument.

Did you even play the originals? In 1 and 2 you got perks every 3 levels
Perks aren't a substitute for actual moments were you can roleplay more than "good guy" "mercenary" or "evil ghoul hating basterd"

Attached: Fallout 3 criticism.png (798x2904, 282K)

New Vegas and FO3 are no different in that regard.

Also I only played FO4 a couple months ago, and I played it with the unofficial patch. I never ran into any major bugs / glitches.

never said they were different, just saying that fo4 doesn't feel like a finished product either.
remember the random fps drops in fo4 at release?

No, that is loot and stats you idiot.
You character gets stronger because of better weapons and armor and stats. Not because of a faster reload perk

>Level up
>Greeted with a laundry list of precentage increases and +10 skill bumps that don't actually change moment-to-moment gameplay

Fallout's perk system is trash, 90% of your options are just adding numbers to numbers, this system doesn't work in a 3D First Person Shooter game.

Attached: 1507651101350.jpg (650x429, 60K)

*sigh* here we go again. I don't know what brings the NV five year old out of the woodwork.

Attached: 1500304001762.png (1086x1006, 132K)

>never played 1, 2, or new vegas: the post

I

>*sigh* here we go again. I don't know what brings the F3 five year old out of the woodwork.

Attached: 3vsnv.jpg (1614x1747, 643K)

>410592226
Not even going to give you the (You)

AM

If you want stupid, how about waking up from a coma after being shot, going after the dude who shot you because "lol dude whyd you do that xD" then have the 3 strongest factions in the area fight over having you do their most important tasks because they trust you because plot

AM

SILLY

RETARDED

>how about waking up from a coma after being shot
its happened even in real life
>going after the dude who shot you because "lol dude whyd you do that xD"
why not?
>then have the 3 strongest factions in the area fight over having you do their most important tasks because they trust you because plot
they dont trust you, you have the platinum chip

I know it's not an argument you literal nigger, stop being autistic about your dumb opinions.

I always like how this image makes it completely clear that FO3fags are retarded.

The waking up from a coma part wasn't the point, it's deciding to go after the guy who shot you just to ask why. What a dumb idea to get the plot rolling.

And they literally do trust you with everything that is crucial to their victory

Attached: Fallout 1 Perks.png (815x573, 70K)

>you have the platinum chip
>the three major powers in the region are too dumb to strip it from you

Attached: Fallout 2 Perks.png (854x828, 106K)

I always like how mad it makes NVFags because it literally destroys their fan boy game right before their eyes, and all they can say is their silly. Really sad.

You're an idiot. Logan's Loophole is a gamechanger. It's the best trait by far since it lets you use as many drugs as you want without the addiction. The downside of it can easily be circumvented by changing your traits from OWB before you hit 30.

Skilled + Good Natured is also a great combination.

New Vegas

Attached: New Vegas Perks.png (857x605, 65K)

Oh boy, here we go
>how about waking up from a coma after being shot
People have survived being shot in the head and lived.
>going after the dude who shot you because "lol dude whyd you do that xD"
You can choose to go after him or not, in some way or another you'll get tangled into the main questline.
> then have the 3 strongest factions in the area fight over having you do their most important tasks because they trust you because plot
House doesn't trust you at first, you're just a courier hired to deliver the chip and he expects you to do your job, Ceasar has been watching you ever since you walked out of your grave and thinks you can get the job done and the NCR just knows that your dealing with House so they can use you to their advantage.
And all of this is because of the platinum chip, if you didn't have it or weren't the person delivering it none of this would've happened in the first place, except maybe for meeting Ulises in the Divide.

>it's deciding to go after the guy who shot you just to ask why. What a dumb idea to get the plot rolling.
you dont go after him "just to ask why" and you dont even have to go after him at all
>the three major powers in the region are too dumb to strip it from you
but they literally do

thats cool friend now can you screenshot the rest of them?

This. Obsidiots are pretty dumb and easy to anger.

Bethesda just has a different vision of what Fallout should be from the original devs (some of which were on Obsidian as you guys know). Considering Bethesda is the only reason Fallout games are still being made, I think they are within their rights to make it how they want to make it. Bethesda wants to make post-apocalyptic Elder Scrolls. Obsidian wants to explore the dismal state of humanity and the fight for resources after the war. Neither is better than the other. Just different.

Personally I find New Vegas too depressing.

>but they literally do
They literally don't you colossal faggot, did you even play the game? House can't do shit if you choose not to upgrade the robots, Caesar will let you go into the bunker with an upgrade those robots which are so gamebreaking you could easily drive out the other two factions.

Attached: 1519958285035.jpg (500x645, 42K)

I find New Vegas too painfully bland and boring

>Jury Rigging
>Light Step
>Chemist
>Ghastly Scavenger
>Cannibal
>Cherchez Le Femme/Confirmed Bachelor
>Fortune Finder
>Hand Loader
>Vigilant Recycler
>Terrifying Presence
>Meltdown
>Nuka Chemist
>all of the special unarmed attack perks

A reminder that Fallout 2 is the best fallout game

Like 2/3rds of them are in Fallout 3 too.

It's good to see Quentin has completely given up at this point.

>leave vault with a vague but specific objective
>bumble around the wasteland making friends, enemies, and generally learning how the wasteland is
>all the while an ominous threat is rumored or vaguely on the horizon
>wind up resolving the original objective
>vague ominous threat makes itself more known, becomes the primary objective of the game at this point
>get help by allies and contacts you made in your wasteland travels
>deal with this great threat, save the region
>get fucked over for your efforts

Which Fallout game am I describing?

Look at this miserable samefag replying to himself.

All of them

With Fallout 4 Bethesda showed that they don't care at all about Fallout or the lore, so I don't think that just because they got the rights tot the series gives them permission to change everything that people loved about the franchise.

You're reading the post but you still manage to miss the point

There is no difference between selecting one of these perks and filling in one of the blocks on Mass Effect's character sheet, it's pointless, unsatisfying, and a cheap trick to provide the illusion of depth. There are perks that change how you approach Combat, like the Awareness perk in Fallout 1 giving you the information you need to know what weapons/ammo you need to use but they are few and far between and in the case of New Vegas they're glitched and don't even work as intended like In Shining Armor

Attached: Mass Effect Leveling.jpg (590x443, 191K)

t. hasn't played 2

Fallout 1, the only games that start in a vault are 1, 3 and 4. In 3 you have the DLC that fixes the horrible ending and 4 doesn't have an option that fucks you over so 1 is the only option left

>retcons the original game from the start
>is schizophrenic as fuck in theme and atmosphere
>has shitty ass writing that would makes Bethesda shit seem tame
>establishes the two worst factions in the FO universe
>Myron
While it does have some great aspects (QoL improvements to the original, nice variety of cultural aesthetics in the world), in general FO2 is overrated garbage.

Because it's shit.

The majority of Fallout lore literally came from authorized fanfiction.

I hated 3 since it released and still do because unlike most people on Sup Forums i actually played 1 and 2 first before 3 was even out. This was one of the worst games i ever played and it doesn't deserve being called a fallout. Bethesda probably never played the originals and only read about them online. But not like that mattered since everyone else praised it and loved it when it came out. No idea what Sup Forums thought of it back then but i remember NMA also hating its guts. Its still a fucking miracle for me that NV happened. I only picked it up 3 years later since i thought it was just like 3 and i was surprised how good it really was. Atleast something good came out of this piece of shit.

F3's perks are largely just +5 or +10 to specific skills. NV's perks have more meaningful benefits, like an implant that gives you a slowdown ability 5 times a day, or having shotguns ignore damage threshold, which F3 doesn't even have.

That's another reason NV is way deeper. Damage threshold, ammo types, crafting, and weapon mods add a lot more depth to gameplay than F3, as well as more options for character building. Honestly, the "1 perk per level" thing doesn't matter nearly as much as you think, since half of the time, you're either waiting to be higher level to unlock the perk you want, and just picking filler perks in the meantime, or you're already max level, at which point, you already have all the perks you actually want, and the rest mean nothing to you.

>installing Broken Steel
>ever
Level scaling isn't even an issue until that shit DLC fucks it all up. And it didn't "fix" the ending at all, FO1 ends whent he game is over, why the fuck does FO3 ending when the game is over need to be "fixed"? Hell NV ends when the game is over too.

>there are perks that change how you approach combat
Every Fallout has those, even Fallout 4 has Awareness for example.

Every gameplay change from Fallout 3 to Fallout NV (craftable ammo, "hardcore"/realism mode, weapon/item crafting, companion wheel, weapon mods, more gameplay perks/traits etc) where already available as mods before NV finished or in some cases even started. Fallout NV is Fallout 3 with paid mods and a story tacked onto.

Alright then, let's talk about established lore in-game, such as ghouls needing to eat and drink.
A major choice in Fallout 1 was to either take the water chip from Necropolis and doom the entire ghoul population to die from thirst or being kill in the wastes, or to fix the water purifier that the have so that you can take the water chip without any problem. All of this doesn't matter when a ghoul stuck in a fridge for 200 can survive without eating or drinking anything, or hiding in an underground vault that couldn't replenish any of its supplies for 200 years.