I'm going to get a Game Boy Advance Micro soon, and go over games I missed from that generation. Any recommendations...

I'm going to get a Game Boy Advance Micro soon, and go over games I missed from that generation. Any recommendations? Any must haves?

Attached: gba.png (2007x1150, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcgxFF1pC_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

which zelda is that?

While the GBA library is godlike, you gotta be retarded to play GBA games on GBA hardware.
Emulating it on a PSP or anything else (don't know if you can hack a vita or 3DS to play GBA games, if you can, DO IT), or playing it on a PC emulator is infinitely superior.
The GBA hardware wise was an uncomfortable piece of shit, to be entirely honest.

gba advance sp was god tier

Don't know, I just took a pic from Google Images that I liked. Any chance it could be Oracle of Ages/Seasons?

I've had the original GBA, and the SP, never had any problem with the hardware. I hope I don't regret buying the Micro, but it seems fine.

blew my mind to have a backlit screen back then.

There's nothing wrong with playing on original hardware, the PSP sucks dick at emulation period. OP should get an OG GBA with a backlight mod.

I still have stigmata on my inner palms from those shoulder buttons

What the hell was god tier about it?

Sword of Mana was pretty dope.

It seems to be someone's concept of a portable 2D majora's mask.
So...not real.

It's not a real zelda game, I've never seen this pic before but I'm pretty sure it's a mockup of a 2D majora's mask, that's the gravestone where the goron bloke is buried.

Must be a prerelease beta screen or something

Playing on original hardware is fun though.

Sword of Mana was fucking amazing. I loved the original Seiken Densetsu 1 and Sword of Mana did an amazing job at expanding the game and bring the gameplay up to current standards at the time.

JET SET RADDIIIOOOO
Honestly, i hear its a good game for what it is.

donkey kong 2

Correction the micro feels awful. The OG GBA was fucking God tier and the SP legit but not as Comfortable the backlight gives it the advantage.

>The OG GBA was fucking God tier
Only with backlight mod, else you can't see jack shit.

Clamshell design, rechargable batteries, front/back lit screen

>Game Boy Advance Micro
Get an SP.
I'd rather play on a phone than play on such a tiny little screen.

Screens without backlights are hard to go back to.

Never had a backlight, but my dad put a lamp inside my headboard of my bed so it was kind of like having a backlight for me. But I agree.

Attached: 1519938912109.png (1058x1638, 1003K)

wow you niggies are dumb GBA was far better than the SP, the SP's only redeeming factor was the backlight which nowadays doesnt mean shit cause there's plenty of backlight modded GBA's

2/3

Attached: 1519938980068.png (1058x1638, 1.12M)

3/3

Attached: 1519939045993.png (1058x1638, 996K)

Thanks for the recommendations. I miss the comfy 2D era.

Attached: jojo gappy beautiful.jpg (1200x1465, 269K)

Is there any reason to get the FF, Breath of Fire, DK or Mario remakes on the GBA?

WHy not just get a GBA SP? It’s the best iteration of the GBA. It has backlighting, screen protection, very good battery life and you can even play it with 1 hand because the controls aren’t separated by a screen. I used to play one during work when I was a clerk (when I wasn’t ringing someone through)

>OP should get an OG GBA with a backlight mod

No he shouldn't. I fell for that meme and the Dpad is fucking horrible compared to the SP. OP instead should get a backlit GBA or just play the games on a DS depending on cash.

SMA3 has a bunch of e-reader levels

Hold on a second, you can't say shit like "the GBA dpad was terrible" and then you recommend people to play on a DS.
The DS is a flimsy piece of shit made out of chinesium, it's a disgrace.
No way any of the GBA models feel worse than a fucking DS.

I forgot all about Gunstar Heroes, which is a shame, because that game was pretty good.

I agree that the GBA hardware is woefully inadequate. However, a compromise; Pick up this instead.

Attached: 51AEDQQY6QL._SX466_[1].jpg (466x376, 40K)

>Game Boy Advance Micro
Enjoy your hand cramps, you spastic faggot.

The FF remakes add some bonuses like new dungeons in I, IV and V.
In II (avoid it though), it adds a new scenario.
And in 5 you get new jobs.

Didn't play 6 advance but from what I know, you get new dungeons and bosses.

As for Breath of Fire, better translations

GBA SP was frontlit, not backlit (excluding AGS-101 model)

Attached: latest-1.jpg (1125x1536, 309K)

The moment I noticed that dodo-thing in the bottom left, this artwork became less epic for me...

Golden Sun was mindblowing back then, shame the DS game killed the series.

It's a Gryphon.

Actually happy looking colorful games,
the blue, then piss and the flat-cell-shader and bloom killed colours in video games. I almost forgot how stuff used to look colorful.

>2006
>gf and I are doing distance relationship
>We play Serious Sam rarely and talk about stuff
>I go over to hers one time
>She has a GBA and a copy of Serious Sam GBA in it
>"Oh, I got that on ebay, I thought maybe I could practice"

In my 30s now, married to somebody else but fucking hell if thinking about Serious Sam for GBA doesn't make me tear up.
Never before or since did I ever feel like playing vidya with me was a precious thing to somebody.
You were too good for me, madi.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcgxFF1pC_M

wario 4
zerio mission/fusion
mario SSS
SK 1 + 2
Golden Sun 1 + 2
minish cap

>SK
Which one is this?

Isn't GBA exclusive but still god tier

Attached: Super_Mario_Land_2_box_art.jpg (220x197, 22K)

To me a gryphon has the half-body of a lion, this one doesn't. So I'm calling it the closest thing I can think off, a dodo

meant summon nights always thought it was knights guess i dont have good memory

At first I thought you were talking about the Shaman King games, which are also nice games.

But yeah, Summon Nights games are also pretty great

only the back half of a gryphon is a lion user and you can actually see the lion's tail behind it.

>implying backlit modded ogba isn't god tier

That's because the lion half is covered.
Pic related is what a gryphon in Golden Sun looks like.

Attached: Gryphon.png (72x76, 3K)

The micro is great, but a little uncomfortable for games such as Mega Man Zero.

wow I looked up shaman king and it looks like something id totally play had a casltvania vibe

On further inspections, I can see it now. Guess I went full retard there.

Attached: ZnfuaJt.png (206x318, 115K)

how has no one said Advance Wars yet?

Attached: 387284-advancewars_001.jpg (413x276, 124K)

Are you fucking blind?

mein neger

the two gameboy mario games and ill also include warioland 1 are some of the best damn games in the entire series . truly masterpieces in mario atmosphere

No it wasn't.
Also it doesn't change that you'll have to patch color correction hacks into roms instead of using the color correction shaders

>playing it on an emulator is superior
Nah, it's really not.
>PC emulator
>for a handheld game
Not even worth it. Although, that is how I got introduce to Fire Emblem.