I’m in a Pokemon mood. I never got to Gen 4, but I keep hearing it’s shit and the worst one. Platinum is a no go?

I’m in a Pokemon mood. I never got to Gen 4, but I keep hearing it’s shit and the worst one. Platinum is a no go?

Attached: 6408ACDE-0D4D-4276-82DF-48E3513B3713.jpg (318x159, 29K)

Platinum supposedly fixes a LOT of the problems that Gen 4 has, but even with those fixes, it feels quite a bit slower to play than other gens, battles take longer, moving around feels a little sluggish, et cetera.

Just play Black and White 2 instead of you're only gonna play one game. It's the best game in the series.

gen 5 babies need to die

>but I keep hearing it’s shit and the worst one
Most people will tell you that platinum is the best game. The complaints aren't about the games themselves, but about the excessive power creep with the legends.
and DP not having fire types.

I really like Gen 4, but it IS super fucking slow.

Platinum is pretty good, I didn't like Diamond/Pearl but loved Platinum

Platinum is a great game
3>2>4>5>1>7>6

I uh, really enjoyed the Gen 4. But it might not be the same without online play.

just wanted to comment gen 4 made me never play pokemon again

Platinum is at least the 3rd best game in the series according to fanbase's general opinion.At least /vp/.

It's called Platinum for a reason.

Platinum is a go because it has the most content of Gen 4 and fixes Diamond and Pearl's issues. In terms of a PokeDex though Gen 4 is hot garbage.

If you're interesting in Platinum, go ahead and play it. HGSS, Platinum, and BW2 are the games that I have no reason to direct people away from. They're good games.

They're good games, user.

Soul Silver is the best pokemon game

Better post game than anything gen 6 or 7 has to offer.

Platinum was the last time the traditional regional map was used, afterwards the series switched to the railroading, theme park style.

Every so often I got back to it and I'm struck with the fact that this game has so many hidden and side areas to go to, along with a meaty post-game with high level pokemon to fight. Vs. Seeker is also awesome, it makes getting money and leveling pokemon easy. It also makes EV training a breeze because certain trainers are loaded with certain types of pokemon.

spoiter: they're all shit. Time to grow up

Best games in the series:
>HeartGold/SoulSilver
>Platinum
>Black 2/White 2

Worst games in the series:
>Diamond/Pearl
>X/Y

>Says time to grow up
>uses the internet

Attached: 5475f07b98fe34f609a8e5f46ead6b85.jpg (473x500, 26K)

Platinum is good but some people tend to hate it beacuse its "slow" and you have to use HMs alot.

its still my second favorite game to B/W2

It's probably better than your favorite pokemon game.

Platinum and HG/SS are great. Long loading times if you're playing on the original hardware is a pain in the ass though.

My favourite is Pokemon Crystal famm, dat shit be hot.

Platinum is actually considered to be part of the holy trinity of pocket monsters
So you should go for it for sure.

Attached: 1521434700890m.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

Gen 4/5 are a great balance of old and new styles of pokemon without taking too much of the bad crap from either.

Uses sprites not models for battling, so it looks crisp and doesn't shit the bed in framerate. The weird constantly morphing pixels of gen 5 are a bit odd though.
Doesn't have archaic nonsense like the special stat or physical/special types.
Doesn't have cutscenes every 10 minutes, but has enough interaction with characters for an actual plotline that isn't just "do 8 gyms and beat your neighbour".
Has enough legendaries to make collecting them interesting, and they have events and fights associated with them rather than just being handed to you by some mook at a pokemart.

HG/SS shit the bed a little bit with the level curve, and D/P are slow as fuck and have poor type distribution, so I definitely wouldn't contend that they're perfect. Very good though, would recommend.

play sacred gold/storm silver instead. its what HG/SS should have been

>most pokemon from gen 1-4 are catchable
>the balance issue has been fix giving trains more and stronger Pokemon
>there more TMs and items you can find
>gym leaders uses 6 Pokemon from the get go
>they give you their number after you beat them
>more content involving team rocket
>you can evolve trade evolutions in game.

4 is the best and 3 is the worst, 3 added nothing but double battles

>WAHHH MUH FIRE POKEMON

Then you probably won't prefer it because it uses the same engine as HGSS (which most people place above crystal), it has less badges but the region is a lot more detailed and the game is balanced a lot better (there aren't periods where you are overlevelled for large stretches and there aren't as many or as extreme random level jumps.)

This

Jesus christ Platinum is fucking great. Diamond and Pearl are the bad ones. Its definitely a go.

gens 6 and 7 are the only ones worth playing nowadays. gens 1-5 are clunky garbage

I don't even use Fire types, Sinnoh's Dex is just very weak on all fronts.

>it added nothing, but the best and most strategic format used for official competitions.
>forgetting about abilities and the battle frontier.

Attached: 1520224553783.jpg (300x223, 110K)

B/W 2 and Platinum are the best games in the franchise by far. Either or are great picks.

Do not play D/P. Just play Platinum. I played Diamond and Pearl before getting to Platinum, and I just ended up burning out. It didn't feel much better at all.

Pokemon Platinum is literally the best game in the franchise.

it has:
-great regional dex
-great national dex (can capture literally everything gen 1-4 except the starters and legendaries from gen 1-3).
-great difficulty throughout the game
-best postgame in the series
-awesome battle frontier