I'm new to the FGC, but I've touched SF4 and Melee (mostly Melee) for enough time to learn basic stuff

I'm new to the FGC, but I've touched SF4 and Melee (mostly Melee) for enough time to learn basic stuff.
I'm curious to know what is wrong about DBFZ as a competitive game. As far as my understanding goes, there seems to be no difference in characters other than supers, assists, and a normal here and there (Kid Buu's medium being unique compared to anything else), but even then some things are basically a copy/paste (Android 21's medium being Kid Buu's medium with a different animation).

Attached: dbfz.png (400x239, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/mokemoti/status/976841181022818305/video/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's always funny when Sup Forums talks fighting games

Literally all of that is wrong and the fgc is rather in love with this game at the moment. It's got more evo entrants then sfv

There is nothing wrong, the game is hype. It is FGC tradition to play busted ass games if they're exciting.

Isn't it one of those mvc-style games where you're essentially doing multiplayer solitaire (eg. You just take turns comboing each other)

If you're in scrub tiers, I guess?

This game absolutely shines with more advanced play

who said theres anything wrong with it? random spammers on Sup Forums?
it has the most entrants in several high profile tournaments, including evo 2018 and is probably one of the best received tournament games made at launch of all time and the only game that has rivaled street fighters big money sponsored tournaments with high production, while other fighting games were shunned by the community until they were relaunched and the gameplay improved.

All hurtbox data is very unique, the "everyone plays the same" ptopaganda is just spread by capcbros and brainlets who don't know there are entire spreadsheets online measuring this stuff.

Attached: 1VevX0r0w7svA6m5tO22CT1XH2EBt8Q2yc7xOXmze80.png (500x353, 234K)

Why would anyone play Krillin?

OP here.
I'm liking the game, but I find that there are too many things that are too similar. I guess I gotta take a look at the hitboxes to understand it better. I have yet to pick a team, but I do like Yamcha. My issue is that (to me) Adult Gohan seems like a better Yamcha.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike it but the large majority of the FGC is in love with the game right now. Don't take any serious opinion from Sup Forums as most of them either hate fighting games altogether or are redditfags who just use this place to shit on whatever game isn't theirs.

Attached: 05981093.jpg (288x356, 17K)

>teleports behind u
>gets hit at the front anyway

Attached: AT-198725295-854x480.webm (852x480, 1.3M)

Yeah watching 20 second blockstrings is very exciting

its a team game so many things have to be similar or else it would be unplayable. you havent even scratched the surface of this game, it is very hard and theres a shit ton to learn at a higher level. if you want to hear yourself talk on Sup Forums rather than practice, you will never get anywhere.

Does MvC (the most popular one) also have the same (or very similar) combos for the entire cast? I figured out I'm able to MLL8MLL with just about anybody.

fpbp

>mfw MVCI has a thing to prevent that

Attached: 1504623097652.jpg (680x660, 92K)

Everyone is a mixed bag in this game.

This animation Gotenks uses has both an aerial and overhead version, both with obscenely safe hitboxes.

Compared to his standing combos which are all terrible and unsafe.

Attached: hmNJuC5_d.jpg (464x424, 22K)

Show me someone other than Go1 pulling off a 20 second block string in a major

He has some good hurtbox placement just not on his launcher.

Attached: niIj7ga_d.jpg (640x657, 31K)

What's the point of solar flare? The stun time feels way too short to be useful.

I've seen the CPU stun me and super.

Wouldn't a raw super be much better in 90% of the cases though? Much more damage, and from a solar flare that'd be one hell of a confirm to pull off.

>I'm curious to know what is wrong about DBFZ as a competitive game.
Nothing, really.
Just bare in mind that the pacing is very different from a Street Fighter game.

Don't sleep on anyone in this game. In the current meta, most players are sticking to what's easy, not what's optimal.

mobile.twitter.com/mokemoti/status/976841181022818305/video/1

If shit like this becomes more common expect to see wishes and double sparking at Evo.

Attached: 1521773624423.jpg (646x507, 45K)

I don't know, but maybe you can try to combo, solar flare, level 1, and dhc level 3.
I'm not sure at all. This is OP, so I'm not very experienced with the game.

The dumb kids keep warping out of vs mode, is there a way to lock it in the interface and skip lobby?

Recoome beam hitstun is likely a bug exploit though. I'm fairly certain it'll be removed very soon.

Haha you know nothing

Every member of the Ginyu force has a hidden bug technique, can you find them all before Arc does???

Solar flare can be used to punish in the neutral but it's range and properties are best used as a natural combo extender.

I personally don't use Krillin in the neutral, he's much better to tag in for layered okizeme vortex stuff using his rocks.