Will it ever be replaced? Or has gamepad design peaked?

will it ever be replaced? Or has gamepad design peaked?

Attached: joystick.jpg (800x600, 40K)

We need some with higher sensitivity+bettee motion controls. Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Splatoon 1/2 proved to me that motion controls are the next step in fine control on console.

wait till we get shit that can link directly up to your brain

I dont like the little dip in the center makes me feel like im rubbing a cat nipple

>will it ever be replaced?
Whenever thought control is accurate enough.

>Motion controls
It's only good for VR

it was replaced by the mouse decades ago...

Why would you know how that feels like in the first place?

Attached: 1517061152459.jpg (835x625, 61K)

t. Sony fan that didn't own a Vita or an Xbot.

uhhh no reason

Attached: catboi attack.jpg (236x330, 17K)

petting your kitty's tummy and accidentally touching it, retard

Attached: 1500004556272.gif (243x293, 1.97M)

Learn to read.

>motion controls

Attached: 1.png (611x289, 172K)

Play Uncharted: Golden Abyss or Splatoon 1 or 2 for more than 5 minutes and you'll be convinced. Analog stick for larger movement, motion controls for fine ones.

>he's never rubbed a cat's belly
>then immediately regretted the decision when they dig their claws into your arm

Make it convex out/up instead of concave in/down, but also give it a slightly raised ring along the edge to prevent slipping off.
Basically, make them more like the Gamecube sticks.
Concave isn't as comfortable or easy to use for long periods.

Gyro aiming is the future

>Wanting to move at all in video games

You Fucking idiots move us further away from the Matrix

If you haven't tried them you have an invalid opinion when it comes to them.
Motion controls are perfect for fine aim, while using normal stick camera control for middling camera speeds and a button to reset the camera to the direction your character is facing.
Any Legend of Zelda game that incorporates motion controls for aiming things made aiming FAR better than they were without it.

You are faggots.
Play any game with gyro aiming, it makes playing shooters on console actually bearable.

>My only experiences with motion controls are the Wii: the post

t. Nintendo. In 20 fucking 07.

I could do that, or I could do the sensible thing and not play a fucking shooter on a console.

Not everyone has a $2000+ PC that can run any shooter at 4k 144fps, mate.

Funny how they were right, just early.

Metroid Prime 3 still has a good control scheme, fight me.

It really doesn't.

>ctrl+f steam controller
>not found
best advancement closer to mouse aiming in a long while

steam controller is a meme controller, it's not any better than a regular one and is arguably worse.

>not playing games with thr format they were designed for on the system it was designed for
Enjoy your brokenly ported table scraps, PCbro. How does it feel to have been totally abandoned by the industry for over a decade?

Attached: 1518166975830.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Incorrect. pm me your address, nerd.

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP
ONSOKUMARU
YOU ARE WORSE THEN LANCED JACK

And no one has a console that can. What's your point?

Metroid Prime 3 doesn't use gyro aiming. So sort of undermining your point, bud.

Nah, it's still motion control, but I guess it's fair that it's a different mechanic. But both systems are and can be good, objectively, imo.

No, but I have a PC that can run them higher than 25fps.
I own a fucking Switch, fucknuts. I also happen to think motion controls are ass. And if you're a Nintendo consolewarrior, you may want to avoid phrases like "brokenly ported table scraps" in future, friendo.

>Nah, it's still motion control
What the fuck do you mean "nah?" Gyro controls are factually different from pointers, doofus.

Try Splatoon 2 with them without gyro it’s a completely different game.
Stick controls feel stiff and railroaded compared to gyro

No way. Having to move the character while using gyro feels weird. I get far more shit done with analogs, which feels more natural.

splatoon 2 just has poorly design controls and settings.
they did that so they could force the gimmick controls on people

kys tripfag

Pointing still allows you to move the controller to aim as opposed to pressing a button or manipulating an analog stick

it is therefore motion control, similar to but not the same as gyro

They are fsctually different methods of motion control, yes.

You were the first one to specify gyro too. I only ever said "motion control" which encompasses both methods.

>once you get used to steam controllers literally every controller is like a child's toy
Man. I hope next Gen just gets rid off the 2nd stick and goes track pad with motion controls

Attached: 1516062976727.png (345x614, 319K)

Attached: chewyouhaveasinglesnact.png (760x572, 247K)

The problem is marketability.

If one of the big 3 backs out and stays with sticks they'll get EVERYONE that gen. The autistic (and the general masses as well) chimp out at change like that

Analog stick aiming + Motion fine-tuning is objectively better than other input methods, instantly improving the performance of any player with just 30 minutes of practice with it.

This is not a matter of taste. It's literally an unfair advantage to pit players with and without it in the same match.

It’s literally just moving your wrists left, right, up down. Unless you have Hand issues even an 5 year old can do it
It works best in high sensitivity in my opinion where a couple centimeters movement of movement is counted instead of shifting your whole body.
Being able to keep pushing forward then line up a complete 180 roller throw with ease makes gyro the future.
It’s something that works better in the heat of a battle than on a how to play stage

* on consoles.
Obviously Mouse + Keyboard are not in the fild for comparisons.

The track pad works very well for camera controls. I would have no issue with a right track pad becoming standard. It also compliments gyro better since you have an easy way to deactivate gyro to recenter to controller. It is a bit unfortunate that it is on the platform that needs it the least. I've also gotten use to track pad for movement, but I would still prefer analog/d-pad on the left side for a general purpose controller.

My issue with the steam controller is that it is pretty bad for platformers.

The lefthaptic should have been a D-pad.

Then if we already have what you apparently also agree is an objectively superior choice in mouse aiming, then gyro controls are redundant at best, and useless at worst.

Agreed I forgot to turn on my gyro after my girlfriend turn them off for a quick game of turf war I got completely destroyed. It was borderline completely unfair to pit Gyro against sticks only

Attached: DD5A4067-85BE-4A0A-829D-6A016B90E003.gif (200x150, 234K)

you can't plug a mouse to a console.

mouse and keyboard are a crutch. people who depend on them generally suck at video games

xb1 and ps4 prove you wrong

>tripfag continues to prove his retardation and shit taste
only reason you aren't filtered desu

Attached: 1510692305441.png (485x443, 22K)

im good at every game I play regardless of the control type. the picky pc people I know talk shit on console fps but cant even play even with a m+kb

>I get far more shit done with analogs,
You'd get rekt in Splatoon just because gyro, whether you think like it or not, is objectively quicker+more accurate.

my biggest gripe with this analog stick is that the ridges collect dead skin over time and i have to clean the gunk out. this happen to anyone else? gunk in the inner rim?

ive never had that happen to me

I'm not the only one who eats that shit, right?

Yes it's annoying, happens if you play for awhile and have dry hands

>tripfag
>retarded opinion
The pottery writes itself

Consoles have supported mouse for longer than this generation. However, games will not support it because it would be bad for business. People who play on consoles want to be able to play in front of a TV. Allowing mouse would mean that the primary audience would be at a huge disadvantage. Gyro gives better precision while also letting you sit on the couch.

use a toothpick

This. Both inside the groves of the center dip and in between the outside rough bits

The mental gymnastics you perform are unreal

do you have motor skill issues?

Why replace it when it hasn't even been completed yet? Current joysticks only register in 8 directions, I'm still waiting for my full 128 point circle controls.

Playstation Move is how motion sontrols should be for fps and third person shooters like uncharted.

Fight me fags

Attached: 1443142258657.gif (155x155, 986K)

brain damage

>Current joysticks only register in 8 directions
nigger what?

my cousin has a very antisocial cat, he said that once he tried rubbing his cat's tummy and it attacked him with all its paws, I'm thinking fuck cats

Those extra frames sure are useful when the game crashes and you have nobody to play it with. Or when you literally can't even play the actual GOTYAYs at all without breaking the law or your operating system.

Attached: 1453935220603.gif (354x478, 1.37M)

subtle microshill

>consolepleb doesn't know what basic troubleshooting is
>consolepleb mad because he has to spend money on games and internet (twice)
>consolepleb actually plays modern multiplayer games

Attached: 1446878116373.gif (160x160, 2.87M)

Did you just wake up from a coma that lasted 20 years?

I only wish there was some way to combine gamepad/controllers with a mouse. The mouse is superior for aiming but analog sticks are better for movement and analog triggers can be better for actions. Instead we're stuck with "walk," "sprint," and "slow walk" on pc instead of true analog movement response.

Happens to me too but, you’re not alone.

Attached: 6E5F790E-F24A-4F0E-8226-E5D538B73074.jpg (826x768, 98K)

Attached: aaa.jpg (500x358, 44K)

I know this is a difficult concept for a child to grasp, but it is possible to own more than one platform, dipshit.

>liberals

I would eat a trump sandwich no homo

I tried fiddling with a mouse/Playstation Move nunchuck combo, but neither Better DS3 nor Xpadder allow you to map a single analog stick without losing mouse control.

did anyone else think this was a buttplug

I get the gunk on my controllers, keyboard, and mouse.

>Not so fast!
Meme it all you want, but valve is onto something with the steam controller. Stick aming will be a thing of the past.

Attached: 222648_detail_02.jpg (691x350, 35K)

Patrition right here. I updated blurry Doom and it's gyro aim is shit tier, but Vita's uncharted had me lining up headshots like it was nobody's fucking business

>Bloodborne
>BotW
>multiplayer

Attached: 1514580442609.jpg (259x293, 53K)

No. No, a buttplug is not the first thing that came to mind at all.
What in the hell is wrong with you?

unfortunately not many games let you use xontroller and mouse inputs at the same time, shit like GTAV is a great exception and I wish more games handled swapping input methods on the fly like it

yes user, BB is multiplayer

Yeah, Nintendo has it right with gyro, gives you the fidelity of a mouse

It'll be replaced by your brain when neural implant VR becomes a thing.

Attached: 1228299792908.jpg (800x600, 102K)

any nintendo shooter control scheme is objectively better than 2 sticks even Metroid Hunters. I was even able to have fun with Red Steel multiplayer just because of the controls

One day we may transcend physical limitations and control games with our thoughts, but until then we're limited to our two hands and whats on them, and the boner pad is about as complex as most people can reasonably handle.

We used to use big ass joysticks on everything but then nintendo came and made the NES pad and everyone realized a big hoopajoop joystick is impractical and even awful for pretty much any game that isn't flight simulator or x-wing vs tie fighter.

While that would be good for a 3D platformer, the keyboard is just so great for instant weapon switching with all those buttons. If you're playing a shooter, analog sticks aren't really necessary to movement since the mouse gives you the turning range that WSAD lacks.

>admitting to gaming on the Windows Westabox on a forum dedicated to celebrating the supremacy of Japanese culture, media and gaming
>wasting money on a rig to play dudebro trash, walking sims and autism generator """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""games""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Attached: 1486088407178.png (225x450, 96K)