>never escape baby beginner ranks
i wish i was born with the "good at video games" gene

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 920K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CVEuPmVAb8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know how you feel, OP

I'd give you a hug if I could

Being good at video games isn't something to be proud of anyway. Don't worry about it

video games are the only hobby i have. it would be nice if i could actually be decent at them. it would be less embarrassing at least.

I don't know that feel. When I start playing I usually shitstomp everything until I climb too high to fast and eventually get stuck with people that are much better than me.

Meanwhile, I'm the "consistently above average and quick to pick things up, but can never learn to get any better than that" type with most FPS and action games. And because of that I'll sometimes fall in with "competitive" groups that expect me to get better, which I never do despite genuinely trying. Never been the type to get worked up over losses though, so I've always just settled back into my usual mediocrity.

nah, the problem is you are too fat to do anything else that also affect your video game skills

i am not fat

Just stop being a retard. That's all you have to think to get better at any online game. Force yourself to stop being a retard and then it will come naturally, just like being a retard comes naturally to you now.

I have literally never been good at a single video game in my entire life.

>tfw no "hard work" gene
>tfw no "self-discipline" gene

Attached: 3020901-businessman-with-thoughts-of-suicide.jpg (530x800, 48K)

i think you can learn those by just shut your mind and do it like a retard without thinking

It's ok to be fat OP.

I swear I know that guys face, who the fuck is he?

me :)

Oh shit, I knew he looked familiar

But if it's really you, why would you say TFW and not MFW? Checkmate.

i'm working :(

>used to care about being good at online games
>look up guides and stats and shit
>get older, realize that the process of becoming good is more fun than the state of being good

Attached: 5d8c9d31-3eaf-4164-b4c0-c7d6c8661253.jpg (600x500, 13K)

>play splatoon 2 on launch for 2 months
>rocket into S+ in all game modes
>have to put it down for school for several months
>schedule finally eases up so I can start playing again
>total dogshit, getting dunked on by 1-year olds

Aaaaaahhhhhh

Name games like this
>Starcraft BW and 2
>Dawn of War 2
>DOTA 2

>i wish was born with le git gud genes
It's called free time, literally live in a game and you'll be probably not "the" best but one of the best. Always going to be someone better so don't sweat the losses so hard.

>literally live in a game and you'll be probably not "the" best but one of the best
nope. not true.

I don't remember the last time I felt like this.

Attached: shiro.jpg (1136x640, 86K)

How the fuck did you describe my videogame life so easily

>start DAO on Hard
>get fucked
>turn down to Normal
>still sometimes get fucked but finish the game somehow
>some people actually have no trouble getting through Nightmare
I am so bad.

So if you spend a lot of time in a game with the intent to get better you won't become better than the average person, is that what you're saying?

correct

i had almost 3000 hours in dota2 and never escaped 50th percentile

>ASSFAGGOTS
I didn't realize you had brain damage, sorry.

I do that too but seriously having a bf consumes you a lot of time.

goalposts successfully moved, good work

>keep losing in a game
>get so frustrated at myself that I actually start to cry
It's a reflection of my character. I am an eternal fuckup in everything, big and small.

Attached: 1513822670604.jpg (956x848, 88K)

Please don't fuck up your suicide, faggot.

I'm reluctant to even attempt for that reason.

people actually care about being good in a video game?? i thought most people just played whatever random game they had around to waste time

it's not fun to lose, over and over

This, but unironically.

OP, You mustn't allowed yourself to be chained to fate... to be ruled by your genes. Humans can choose the type of games they want to play. The important thing is that you choose... And then... play!

Attached: MGSNaomiCodec.png (108x185, 40K)

Are you really learning or just burning time OP?

who can say?

Why on God's green Earth would you waste months on a single game you're not having fun with or improving on?

When did he ever say he wasn't having fun?

because I want to be good at something

Ah yes. The ADHD gene. A meme inflicting my brain into my grave.
He seems pretty bummed.

live

I know exactly how you feel.
I just try and try and try and try with no results.

>tfw went to Evo and won my first pool match against someone who seemed fairly competent
>felt fucking incredible

>Get 0-2'd next two matches

Attached: 1396928628231.webm (630x720, 579K)

>people try to give you advice
>do the best you can to follow it
>doesn't work
>they get mad and give up on you

i cannot escape bronze in SFV

it makes me want to stab myself
it makes me want to fucking puke

i can't stand it

>He seems pretty bummed.
Bummed that he's not getting good, not that he wasn't having fun trying.

fighting games are so hard

I keep fucking up on pad so I got a stick. I've had it for a week, practicing with training/combos/CPUs a few hours a day, and it feels just as alien as the first day.

Pls just keep playing

Well yeah, nobody said a stick was the magic key to getting good.

>>they get mad
They sound like cunts.

I wish I had a fucking job, you'll get over being good at games

i don't have a job either

Used to be good at game but i try overwatch ,league and hearstone cant escape bottom of the barrel , online game are just not for me.

>good at video games as a kid
>shit at video games as an adult

Only going to get worse as the years go by.

Attached: 1467500434004.jpg (439x550, 165K)

>only series I was ever good at is dead

Attached: 1498884997859.jpg (680x937, 80K)

there are drugs for that.

>tfw you naturally improve at games until you're competent at them
>but then you cap while standing on the "not a shitter" line
>can't improve no matter how hard I try
It's not a bad feel because I can't get better though. It's a bad feel because I cap at the point where everyone else is trying to improve and reach the top, so the game ends up not being as fun as it was while I was improving because the games begin getting try-hard-ish and in turn stop being fun.

Complete opposite for me.
I'm 24 and just now dominating FPS games, RTS's, and a bunch of others that I struggled with growing up.

I also keep dropping stuff on pad, so I'm stuck.

This happened to me when i was playing Halo 3 on my 360 when the Xbox One version came out.

I was used to getting a few points per game, because I was matched with other crappy FPS players.

But because of the new player influx, I was spending 15 minutes getting 0 kills. I just cried after a while.

>play a game for a year
>suck ass
>introduce a friend to it
>they're better than me in less than a month
I need to die

I need to be killed

Attached: file.png (492x367, 147K)

This is the worst curse. It hurts knowing you'll always be just above mediocre but never truly good.

>This is the worst curse
actually I think being fucking bad is the worst curse shithead

I've never been good at anything. I was serious about drawing and art for some 20 years of my life but I gave up after years of mental anguish and not getting any better. I tried to work on my writing but that also makes me want to die. I don't even read anymore. I've never been good at video games either, even though I've spent thousands and thousands of hours playing them throughout my life. I'm nearly 26 years old and I am literally not good at anything.

I would have killed myself years ago if there weren't certain things keeping me from doing so.

At least you can make peace with the fact that you're bad, I feel like I should be able to get better.

>At least you can make peace with the fact that you're bad
No because the desire is to not be fucking bad. Having at least some bit of skill if miles better than being a dumpster fire after months of trying.

>At least you can make peace with the fact that you're bad
shut up

I wish I had a better genw than being good at video games gene

>be great at vidya
>be shit at almost everything else no matter how much practice you put into it

Its a curse

This guy gets it

Attached: krillinwins.gif (650x450, 2.81M)

Die please

Attached: images.jpg (229x220, 6K)

You first, frogposter.

IT'S MORE OF A FUCKING CURSE TO BE BAD AT EVERYTHING

E V E R Y T H I N G

>don't even have vidya to fall back on
Being a literal brainlet is suffering. I only have enough mental awareness to realize how garbage I am.

op confirmed for twink

>start new game (video game/card game/whatever)
>read about the best strategies and how to get better
>this sucks all of the enjoyment out of the game
>quit

Why do people do this to themselves?
I know it's a hard habit to break, but the sooner you play the game raw the more fun and satisfaction for yourself.
Bonus points for the ones bragging about the game being too easy.

>trying to learn fighting games

Attached: 1516471901275.gif (275x319, 1.88M)

impossible. straight up impossible.

ive found the best way to get good is to play the game a little bit, watch a few games of good people to see what i missed, and then just work out the rest from there, watching good people on occasion. if you read/watch 'guides' all the time youre just figuring out problems you dont have, its usually not fun, and you dont get practice solving easy shit. even worse you can be some dunning kruger retard that thinks they're good bc they read some reddit post (most dota/overwatch players)

If getting back up after a fall was all it took to win, then we would all be winners wouldn't we

I would just appreciate if society as a whole would drop the illusion that practice will make you improve and that anyone can be good at something

you should start doing puzzles in your free time you exercise your brain. practicing or grinding in a video game is tedious and it makes you tired and bored. you need to stimulate your brain and get better at problem solving.

youtu.be/CVEuPmVAb8o

mike rowe is a piece of garbage, not watching this shit

Attached: dude just get lucky and be rich like me.png (1024x862, 1.41M)

You may as well say what the game is, so we can laugh at you for wasting your time trying.

Unless you have a dedicated team of no lifers willing to all focus on being the best that they can be, there's no reason outside of bragging rights to push ahead in any vidya, since the end result boils down to "I put more time into it than others" as opposed to "I realized the nuances of the system and suddenly better than the majority of players", which could be the case for fighters & MAYBE CS:GO with the bullet spread.

rocket league?

Who else /TheBestOnThatGameNobodyPlays/ here?

Jesus fucking christ how much of a capitalist cuck can you be

aside from #7 its all good advice. I only show up early or late if I am being compensated for it.

I honestly believe people are a product of both their choices AND their circumstances. Also, its fairly obvious all men not created equally. That's part the whole "life is not fair" thing,

I unironically liked playstation battle royale

You can learn real fast from getting your ass whipped repeatedly by good players. That's why good players won't play with you.

I hate Bedman so much.

>Still a 3rd dan with 70 wins in tekken 7
The best part is that I can't just give up. This game is fun

Attached: 1504724459587.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Don't bother. I know someone who plays 3rd Strike for 14 years and still jobs often to newcomers. It's embarassing and painful