You are given 500 million years to make your dream game. What game do you make?

youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw

You are given 500 million years to make your dream game. What game do you make?

Attached: 1470611389155.jpg (960x720, 130K)

Chiaking you're looking good as usual.

spend 500 million years procrastinating and then at the last second recreate the universe in highly advanced matrix vr essentially restarting time

Under the presumption that I have 500 million years alone to develop it, and no other people on a team with me to aid me, probably an RPG or a platformer.

It's the only two game genres that you can keep creating content for (for long amounts of time) to keep adding to the experience.

It'd be difficult as hell to design a tight and cohesive FPS, because people these days really just play FPS for multiplayer. Same for fighting games, it's multiplayer. It'd be hard to balance-test all the different factors when you're viewing the game from only one mindset.

You can experiment on multiple playthroughs and playtest your own game repeatedly to refine certain parts of particular areas.

zelda but mmo

Try to kill myself, because I don't want to live for 500 million years.

>High fantasy, but not like Skyrim where it's just Tolken Lite
>More dark and ugly like Dark Crystal, Princess Mononoke or Widow. The goblins and trolls are really ugly, there's demon boar in the woods, the mounts can be anything from horses to giant birds to mutant wolves
>All leveling is organic. If you pick up a sword for the first time, your stance will be off, your hit timing will be wrong, etc. It'll take time and practice to organically hone in skills. Magic will be weak and inaccurate, you'll be clumsy and awkward during your first robberies
>There's a plot but it isn't apparent. It'll take a lot of reading books, talking to locals, making connections, and searching for clues to piece together the main story line and how to proceed
>There are factions, but they're story lines change considerably depending on the choices made. If you're a shitty thief, your guild will get caught an crumble. If you're a really good warrior, your fighters guild will prosper and take over large stretches of land, etc.
>The main story line will change depending on the decisions made in other story lines
>You can build a homestead that becomes you main fortress. You can hire guards and mages to defend it while you're gone. You can have a partner and children who will develop skills depending on how you progress and what you bring to the homestead.
>You body will permanently scar after each boss battle to show progression
>The main story revolves around the world dying and a cult responsible for the decay

If you simply forget the last 500 million years, wouldn't this be easy? It would be as if nothing happened and you earned 500 million yen.

you look at this pic and tell me why Asian girls aren't cute.

Arino's face says otherwise.

Sorry, 1 million yen.

Is that front one a slut? Look at all that cleavage she's showing

So that's just around $9000. That's crap. I might do it for $500,000.

It’s not that simple.
Don’t think of it as living 500,000,000 years and forgetting. Think of it more as dying and being reincarnated to live 500,000,000 years to accomplish something in the insignificant life you gave up.
It’s so incredibly futile.
You will spend more time having remembered those agonizing years than the small amount of time you’ll live afterward having forgot it. Your existence will be defined by that 500 mil and not the measly 80 or so that is the “real” world.
If anything, since the majority of your existence would be in the solitary world, that one should be considered the real one.
How did this child get ahold of such a terrifying button.
No amount of money is worth that

>simple cell shaded ARPG (think Wind Waker style), thematic aesthetic is Mediterranean/Greco-Roman
>game is set on a massive floating island archipelago, with the main island featuring a single colossal mountain
>people get around by riding on giant albatross and air ships, your home base is a small port town
>goal is to get to the top of the center mountain by 4 paths - 3 levels each - and defeat the final boss at the top
>player can travel to levels on other paths by discovering their entrance in their current level - moving horizontally, diagonally, or even through the mountain itself on the level select screen
>player must reach (by any path, even repeats) and defeat the boss 4 times - each victory is considered a passage of time, and changes the state of the levels, the port town, locations of NPCs, and difficulty of the enemies (including the final boss who will unlock more patterns)

>typical STR and DEX faggotry
>no rolling, player gets a dash that decreases in speed and distance the heavier your shit is (cloth is a swift lunge, full plate is an awkward side hop)

>4 schools of magic:
>Foci: based in the mind, governs electric and kinetic energy
>Divine: based in the heart, governs restoration and purification (can hurt undead and disspell enemy buffs)
>Incendium: based in the stomach, governs fire and physical augmentation (stamina regen, fire & physical resist)
>Hex: based in the groin, governs emotional manipulation (taunts, fears) and curses (debuffs)

Attached: floating_islands_by_peterprime-d6xokq2.png (1280x853, 1.18M)

Yeah but doesn't he reach enlightenment in there? He seems to attain something far more valuable than the money and even life itself by sitting in that solitary hell.

500,000,000 years... Damn, that's a long time, you know? Just think of the last 30ish days of your life, like March and the ass end of Feb, and then repeat that period six billion times. Try to fucking imagine that to the best of your ability.

Making the game I want to make would take 4 years if I ran at a slack pace. After that, end me.

Chiaki is still gorgeous despite being 40. Would cum inside.

It would be such an unreal amount of time that you wouldn't be able to feel it anymore. A hundred years is a mere blink of an eye to an elf.

Attached: Untitled.png (499x437, 430K)

I'd make an open world hero shooter with lootboxes and Ubisoft towers. Fuck my dream game, I'm going to do that thing rich people do where they turn their money into more money.

there isn't any other appropriate answer and Sup Forums knows it to be true

Attached: 1411802949357.jpg (2000x1406, 655K)

This sounds tedious and intricate. It would reach a really small pocket of extreme detail oriented gamers but casuals would lose interest almost instantly.

For a moment there, I thought you said 500 million dollars, but years? Nah. I will never have the resources, manpower nor motivation to even start making one.

That said, I've always fucking wanted a medieval game similar to Mount & Blade where you play as Not-Jeanne D'Arc and you can dress her in a number of cool looking but authentic plate armor similar to Kingdom Come Deliverance. Since you are playing as a girl, it would make fighting male enemies far more challenging and you will have to use every weapon in your arsenal. It will also use a stamina system like Dark Souls, but this one will have functioning locational damage i.e. striking the knees will cripple movement while bashing the head will debilitate enemies. The only way I can see this working is if you use Mount & Blade's free form combat where you can use the mouse to direct where your strikes land. Lastly, I want dont want it to shy on the gore. If an enemy bashes your head in a spiked mace, there better be brain matter spilling around; making wearing helmets all the more important.
Also dev team would be:
Character designs - Team Ninja/Omega Force
Overall art design - From Software
Combat design - From Software working with Talesworlds
Music Composition - Percival + other European Folk metal bands like Vintersorg
Animations - Ubisoft. You cannot deny that For Honor looks fucking seamless
Voice acting - Same British theater that Fromsoft hires from
Script - CDPR. I dont really care much as the game, much like M&B will be a sandbox, but I think CDPR really nailed the tone and feel of medieval-style dialog (for the NPCs that is)

Attached: 57ec29fa077dccf2018a11.jpg (680x1080, 104K)