Playing Metal Gear 2 on the MGS3: Subsistence bonus disc

>playing Metal Gear 2 on the MGS3: Subsistence bonus disc
>this happens
>manual has zero mention of Metal Gear 1 or 2
why

Attached: why konami.jpg (769x435, 70K)

Putting obligatory shit in the instruction manual was a form of anti-piracy back in the day.

I'm not questioning why it's there, I'm questioning why they wouldn't put the solution in the manual of the re-release when there is no way in-game to figure out what to do next. They effectively made a version of the game that is impossible to beat without cheating (looking up a walkthrough online)

check the on disk manual for the game. Pretty sure its there

There should still be that information somewhere.

I remember getting MGS from Blockbuster, and on the box on the spine in fine print it gave me Meryl's Codec number, since the only way the game let's you get it previously was by looking at a screenshot on the back of the case.

Didn't Subsitence come with a manual of it's own? Check that.

It's a PS2 game, there is no on-disc manual

Buy the game pirate

Thread closed

>Didn't Subsitence come with a manual of it's own? Check that
>manual has zero mention of Metal Gear 1 or 2

im damn sure it was in the manual or there was an alternate way if you weren't a stupid fuck.

also, you fucking have the net in 29 different fucking ways, assholes!

I thought you were on the HD collection version, my bad. Yeah it's dumb. They probably didnt expect anyone to actually play the games, they didn't age particularly well, especially MG1

it's 140.15

>im damn sure it was in the manual
It isn't. I've read the entire thing three times now, it doesn't even mention MG1/2.
>there was an alternate way if you weren't a stupid fuck.
The alternate way is being psychic and magically knowing what to do.
>also, you fucking have the net in 29 different fucking ways, assholes!
Not the point. I shouldn't have to cheat by looking up a walkthrough just to play a game.

This game has some bullshit parts like that invisible swamp path and the hang glider you need to smoke with to use

Thanks but I ended up searching for the original MSX2 manual.

Are these also anti-piracy checks that require the manual? I heard there were several of them throughout the game.

Attached: tapcodes.jpg (521x613, 63K)

I remember i got a bootleg disc and had to test every codec signal from 180.00 to 181.99 (which admiteddly wasn't a lot of work)

> Q but no K

Not really anti-piracy it's just bad game design that kills you without trial and error

Substituting Ks with Cs in a code you're keeping together in your head is easier to understand than substituting Qs with anything else. A KU or CU might get you thinking of a completely different word and lead to confusion or mistranslation.

Cucc

Why not morse code

How are you going to do longer and shorter taps over a pipe?

I would fail horribly at remembering this without some form of visual aid.

Attached: anusclenching.png (469x326, 141K)