Story: 1>2>3
Characters: 2>1>3
Atmosphere: 1>3>2
Soundtrack: 3>1>2

Attached: 246x0w.jpg (246x246, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, attention detail would be tied between all 3 games. The first two for the interactive environments, and the third for the animations

3 has a great soundtrack, no argument from me there

Max Payne's in game tv shows are comfy

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

>forced cover sections
>sluggish movements
>vaulting and not allowing free jumping/movement
>no throwable weapons
>no melee weapons, only contextual melee attacks
>a max of 3 weapons and only 2 if you want to dual wield anything
yeah, nah, fuck off retard.

Get the fuck out. Saged.

Attached: It's Payne!.jpg (1080x1080, 172K)

>a max of 3 weapons
Is that really a bad thing? While I am all for being a one man army, doesn't it make more sense to restrict weapon count? I mean, there is a somewhat realistic reason as to why he can only carry 1 "big" gun and two smaller ones.

Its less fun

who the fuck used the melee weapons

not really running out of ammo and then rolling to pick a gun while dodging bullets was pretty fun

>GAMEPLAYWISE

Gunplay: 2>31
Movement: 2>3>1
Bullet-Time: 3>1>2
Level Design: 2>1>3

> PRESENTATIONWISE

Story: 1>2>3
Characters: 2>1>3
Atmosphere: 1>2>#
Soundtrack: 3>1>2

this without a restricted weapon / ammo count, you're never really in a situation where you're completely fucked. You always have some (albeit shitty) weapon to grind through the rest of the level with. Having a limited ammo/gun count allows for a slightly more strategic thought process when it comes to new areas. Headshots actually matter, cover actually matters, where you move actually matters. With MP1 and 2, while very fun and very enjoyable, You can almost always go in guns blazing. Do keep in mind the character of Max Payne, he's an old cop who is just angry. No military training, no super powers (aside from bullet time), no NOTHING. Just booze, guns and pain meds.

>Is that really a bad thing?
yes
people who played the game. there's a section where all you have is a melee weapon. also it made for some fun challenges.

this so much

Enjoy your ban bud

shit taste

1=2=3
fuck you

3>2>1

youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
best song coming through

though everyone should play through the first 2 before 3, otherwise Max's downfall into alcoholism and depression feels out of place.

also Half Payne is a top tier mod for half life that turns it into max payne, bullet time, projectiles, painkillers and one liners all game

What is there to prove OP?

Max Payne 1 has the best soundtrack fuck off

>Is that really a bad thing?

Yes, it fucking is. Nobody asked for restrictive "realism" in this comic-styled noir shooter series.

>You can almost always go in guns blazing. Do keep in mind the character of Max Payne, he's an old cop who is just angry.
Well no fucking shit, the guy is a death seeker, it makes no sense for him to suddenly start hiding behind walls constantly.

> Forced cover sections
This only occurs once in the entire game
> Sluggish movements
Fair Point
> Vaulting instead of jumping
Jumping in the first game was only used for platforming but was otherwise useless. Since the 3rd has no platforming, doesn't really matter.
> No throwable weapons
Fair Point.
> No melee weapons
If you ever used the melee weapons in max payne during regular play, you were playing the game wrong
> Max of 3 weapons
Limited ammo and gear leads to more intense shootouts and inventory management, as you are required to actually move around and scavenge more mid-gunfight. This was an improvement.

>mp2 was his favorite

Attached: 1450479515693.jpg (449x546, 37K)

I'm glad some people are smart enough to recognize that despite being noire-style like the first, 2 pails in comparison to 3 in terms of atmosphere

>This was an improvement.

Limiting the weapon pool is never an improvement, balancing ammo supplies for weapons you're already carrying forces you to switch between them.

They did it because it looks better aesthetically for Max to only holster pistols.

if you played max payne 3 mostly hiding behind walls you were playing it wrong

Bullets move faster and Max moves slower, you can run n gun but you're definitely much more limited in your ability to do so compared to the first two games.

I liked all the games but 3 has some clear issues that put it behind 1 and 2.

this is the exact opposite of my experience
cover shooting gets you fucked fast, matrix jumping between cover and using it to instantly reload weapons keeps you constantly shooting

>Level design is better in 3 than both 1 and 2

That's a good one

Attached: mp classic.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Level design wise 2 has everything over 1 and 3, the fuck are you smoking?

>waaaahhhhhh, I can't have everything all the time!

Fuck off childish retard.

1>3>2
the official ranking. everything else is false

Attached: 1508990400273.gif (415x405, 1.73M)

>friend in school tells me that there's a way to see mona naked in MP2
>told him to fuck off
>years later I find out how to view every MP2 model by acessing the dev console
>start looking through the mona models
>they actually fully modeled a nude mona

Attached: 1517027120290.jpg (469x409, 28K)