4k TV and PS4 is superior to PC gaming, excluding the fact that you cant play games like WOW, dota, lol, etc...

4k TV and PS4 is superior to PC gaming, excluding the fact that you cant play games like WOW, dota, lol, etc. which are made for junkies only to get another shot of heroine. Prove me wrong.

Attached: Hf4XzHU.jpg (1000x802, 255K)

Why the fuck does anyone want or even need a 4k monitor for?

Attached: 17EC5B40-4594-4BEA-92A1-4A23DB4D55D5-1234-000003118702A58B.jpg (243x207, 5K)

Can't call yourself PC master race if you use Steam or GOG, you only can if you pirate.

Dont start another one of these post... Pls.

>monitor
We are talking about tv here. I can sense that you havent experienced UHD content in hdr.

1) 99% of ps4 games don't run at 4k.
2) upscaling a non native resolution causes a blurry image.
They don't tell you that in the advertisement.

Its not that blurry famalam. Almost all games are upscaled from 1800p and thats already much better than 1080p, that some people still use and somehow its not that blurry. Also checkerboarding differs from just upscaling

>Its not that blurry
Yes it is.

+1

user, its not. Ive played plenty of native and checkerboarded 4k games. You sure you dont have sharpness on 0 on your tv?

PS4 is good if you're interested in new stuff.
However, if you're an actually serious about your hobby gamer, you probably enjoy coming back to replay old gems for either their gameplay, story, art direction, sound etc.

In that regard, there's nothing that can compete with PC and its archival abilities / backwards-compatibility.
Besides, all the best stuff from consoles will get its port to PC in superior quality / framerate some time later anyway.

Attached: 1321654165131.jpg (1920x1080, 829K)

except for IP that belongs to platform owners, obviously

Unironically this

Couldn't have picked a better image to accentuate the point with my dude.

Attached: Awwright Guy.png (243x245, 50K)

I dont underatand this *real gamer* shit. Just have consoles and pc if you can afford them and play whatever. Also a lot of people scream about superior pc version, yeah, its superior but 99% of people who say that wont be able to run it like that. Lately im just playing what I wanna play, be it ni no kuni 2 at 1440p ultra 60 locked on pc, far cry 5 on PS4 pro or Xeno 2 on Switch. Its all about the dumb games

Attached: PS_Messages_20180325_104626.jpg (1920x1080, 975K)

If you only care about 4k fifa at least get an xbox one. Don't gimp yourself.

He, and most PC fags, are stuck in yesteryear's 1080p FULL HD meme.
With 4k you get colors and a depth/realness to textures that is so good it's off-putting. At least consolefags can all agree 4k is coming to the forefront here

>sharpness
yikes

>t. consolefag who has no idea what settings are available to PC gamers since forever
I've been supersampling for 15 years. You've never experienced a truly nice looking picture because you're stuck with blur from upscaling and there's still aliasing, not to mention motion blur and other ugly settings you can't disable.

Attached: 2018-01-30_941834953.jpg (1920x1080, 657K)

Netflix alone sold me on UHD HDR in beginning, then I watched Blade Runner 4k hdr remaster and it was it, the moment I knew it was future

>PS4
>4K

Yeah I love upscaling at silky smooth 24FPS.

>Supersampling
Nice meme user 10/10

I don't need to prove you wrong. You already know you're wrong, you don't actually believe this, and you're just baiting us.

Attached: 1493404156880.gif (200x200, 1.1M)

The PC has nude mods, FPS games run like total fucking garbage on consoles, and you'd be hard pressed to find ANY game that doesn't run at 30 FPS rather than 60 on consoles, especially ones with visually stunning graphics that take full advantage of the console's potential.

That didn't take long.

You can't be this retarded.

PC is better as long as pirate

>4k TV
>he doesn't have a 144hz monitor

Attached: laughing snorks.jpg (400x358, 97K)

Attached: (you).jpg (900x900, 83K)

I have my PC and PS4 hooked up to a 4k TV and I watch mostly anime on it that looks like absolut shit because it's stretched to 4k.

There's literally no difference between a TV and a computer monitor other than about one BNC connector. Computer monitors, if anything, are superior because they also support inputs of framerates higher than 60fps.

Can't mod to the extent of PC, until then console will be worthless outside of exclusives.
You cannot fucking refute this.

Attached: heh.jpg (403x616, 73K)

>H-heavy CPU tasks are a meme user! W-who cares if my console can't do a 4x SSAA without fusing the heatsink?!? It's useless anyway!!
>meanwhile PCs can into 16x SSAA since Fermi

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 94K)

*GPU tasks sorry I'm retarded today.

>that one time PS4 had 900MB of space that you could use for mods
>meanwhile skyrim on PC has more mods than actual original content and you could have 30+GB of them.

>Prove me wrong.

>sub 30 fps
>shit graphics
>sony cinematic universe
>no good pc games
>pay extra for online
>have to use a shitstain jap controller

>backwards-compatibility

Nigga wot, tried getting MGS2 PC to work on your modern system latley?

Why the FUCK have i never seen tank top aloy before?? Got more?

Just partition you HDD and slap on it a XP installation and you're good to go.

>The PC has nude mods
Pathetic

>FPS games
Is this 2008?

>and you'd be hard pressed to find ANY game that doesn't run at 30 FPS rather than 60 on consoles

MGSV

That didn’t take long.

Idgaf about deviant art tier mods though

>no good PC games

PS4 has undertale and a hat in time.those are the only two i gave a fuck about and we got them anyway. There is literally nothing else of interest to me that PC has.

What a pain in the fucking arse no thanks i will just switch on my PS3 and its there. Its superior anyway

>Its superior anyway
They are the same exact copy and you know it.

lol no

Attached: 18852CA7-6C7E-49D8-95ED-E5B51124B8FC.png (685x1165, 859K)

>not forcing the game to 4:3
Your fault anyway.

>b-b-but you just... pc...

>wanting a gimped PS4 to emulate a PC
man, you're clearly dumb as a bag of shit

1080p 144Hz 144+ fps Quakelive is better than anything on PS4.

>fps games

>I dont underatand this *real gamer* shit.
Do you have brain damage? The post you replied to didn't even mention that.
They just said that if you were serious about playing games you would invest in a PC to play more games as well as games at a good performance.

This can actually be corrected through a patch.
Still a fan patch but anyway the game is the exact carbon-copy of the PS3 version.
I know you're butthurt but there's nothing you can do about it.

>30fps
lmao

you want sharpness to 0, sharpness is horrible

My back log is too big... help me stop buying games i see on shelves Sup Forumsros...

Attached: 78C21B33-5E14-4717-B66D-043F66DFBFBC.jpg (3642x3024, 2.43M)

>any FPS like stalker or doom
>any stealth like thief or splinter cell
>any cRPG
>any strategy

>its the same
>thus rendering PC useless to me if i have it on PS3 or vice versa
>butthurt

Are you sure its me?

>4K at 30fps

Meanwhile on PC, the debate is between 4K 60Hz and 1440p 120Hz. Pic related, consolefag.

Attached: ketchup.jpg (600x394, 23K)

Not to be the “all shit!” Kind of guy but sorry literally none of those 4 genres for me thanks. I like MGS series though.

>ps4
>4k

console gaming is superiour for the simple reason that they still get at lest some exclusives and that pcs only aim at console specs and only get ports of console games.
Meaning unless you have another crytek that just doesnt care and pushes the boundaries you only get slightly above console visualls meaning all the new gt1080ti and all the other crap is more or less just a wast of money you pay to play slightly better console ports instead of a boundary pushing visual showcase that a 1080ti needs to have to warrant a purchase.
If you dont care about vr or 4k(which mostly only makes sense for vr) you dont have a reason to switch or buy a state of the art gaming rig.

>i have no interest in some of the best games ever made
explains why you prefer console

It's 1440p at 30 fps upscaled to 4k, stairstepping and aliasing included.

The PS4 pro does upscaled 4K and consolebabbies think this is somehow impressive

except for the part where you can literally play any game ever made except ps4 and xbx1 through emulation

Those are your opinions buddy. Keep playing video games you enjoy and i shall do the same. I think the Yakuza series is some of the best games ever made, doesn’t make me objectivley correct.

I know, I have one.
It desperately needs a 1440p output mode, as it stands now you're either stuck with a shitty upscaled 1440p or downscaled 1080p.

Good luck playing those PS3 and Xbox 360 titles

>except for the part where you can literally play any game ever made

Attached: 63AD4236-EBA4-45BD-9A90-A0579DFC0907.jpg (834x574, 38K)

360 and ps3? they have working emulators now i thought it would have taken longer

The initial point we tried to make was if it was viable to play MGS2 on PC even with the known backwards compatibility problems and I proved to you not just that is still possible, but also that you get the same experience.

PC is objectively superior in everything, but price. And even then, I pay double the price for double the performance.
>but muh games
Those are subjective to taste of each individual. I couldn't give less fucks about Persona, but Civ 5 is something I enjoyed.

They don't. That user is full of shit. The PS3 and 360 emulators out there are all either scams or have just managed to run their bios and at the very best a couple of titles with extremely simplistic graphics. No AAA titles are playable on any of those emulators.

In fact, because of the PS3's weird architecture, we might see a PS4 emulator before we ever see a PS3 one.

red dead redemption is supposedly playable now

even without xbox360 and ps3 we're still talking about a massive backlog of pc games and every console made before 2006 plus the switch

>PS3 couldn't do 1080p/60fps out of 99% of the library
>PS4 can't do 4k/60fps out of 99% of ther library and still struggle with 1080p/60fps
I don't have a PS4 and I'm still sad.

Then would you agree such arguments as are equally invalid?

>Keep playing video games you enjoy and i shall do the same
Why are you even arguing then? PC is objectively superior and that’s it. Nobody cares if you have fun on consoles but going around acting like it’s better than PC is stupid.

user, as a PCfag for close on 20 years I have to say nobody cares what toy you consider 'superior'

>Nobody cares if you have fun on consoles

I dunno user, i have some doubts about this one.

>In fact, because of the PS3's weird architecture, we might see a PS4 emulator before we ever see a PS3 one.
I always see that statement and I'm just curious: what kind of architecture the PS3 has that it renders so painful now to develop a working emulator? I know back in the days devs also ha dmany problems to program for that system for the same reason.

1080p on the Pro is pretty much guaranteed and I can live with it, but it looks only slightly less blurry on my 32'' 1440p screen than PS3 did on a 24'' 1080p one.

I guess? I don't care about Stalker myself, I think Gothic is gimmicky crap, but I adore original Fallouts and Kotor. I want to see Yakuza on PC and would like to play Bloodborne, but I am not buying PS4 to play 2 games.

It's only a toy when you use it as one

I think Yakuza ahould be on PC too, we really need the support.

Attached: A6D136AB-85CF-4D5E-8626-19FFD7565E41.jpg (399x500, 37K)

this. both oc

Attached: PS_Messages_20180325_104620.jpg (1920x1080, 912K)

It has one main processor and 6 others that are accessible by games. That in itself makes the PS3 a bitch to code for. The entire thought process behind the PS3's specifications is to achieve a maximum theoretical processing power but with disregard to how developers were actually supposed to make use of that power. That's why the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 in terms of TFLOPS but early 7th gen games looked better on the 360.

The fact that the games are coded for PS3's unique instruction set makes them a bitch to emulate because there's a very computationally expensive "translation" going on between the language of the PS3 and PC's x86 instruction set.

but you dont get all games on pc. you can have both, or three

PC gaming will always be superior to the majority of people. However, coming from a guy with a potato PC (i3, GTX750Ti, 4 GB RAM) and unavailability to buy a stronger one, consoles are the way to go for me personally.
I got PS4 Pro just recently and am enjoying all the games I cannot run properly on my potato PC, plus it's cheaper too.
As of current, building a gaming PC today is a nightmare due to nVidia and AMD milking that sweet sweet dough from mining cunts.

Attached: Caddicarus.png (306x351, 136K)

adding a 1440p mode will be Sony admitting it's not a true 4K Console, Sony are stubborn as fuck

But its real right?

>to the majority of people

Who are you asking?

yeah, oseram sparkworker

Attached: OseramSparkworkerLight.png (418x851, 366K)

Oh my fuck, that’s all my aloy will wear then. Tomboy tanks are the absolute toppest of tops.

Attached: 50A7665F-D552-438C-A07E-EAA9CDE4C9C9.jpg (1024x1024, 100K)