What does Sup Forums think of Crisis Core?

What does Sup Forums think of Crisis Core?

Attached: file.png (800x450, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MOJ91H4mraU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/MOJ91H4mraU

Pretty sad desu

why didn't it get the type-0 treatment

MODULATING PHASE
MODULATING PHASE
MODULATING PHASE

FUN GAME!!!!!

Attached: ben the looney face.png (735x656, 360K)

Why didn't it even get a digital release? I would have loved to have it on my Vita, or or even my PSP Go back then, fuck you it was awesome.

A messy game capped off by an amazing and memorable ending, causing myself and many others to have fond memories despite the bulk of the game being not so great.

Really brought home the fact that I don't give a shit about Zack and that he's just a stepping stone for Cloud.

awful. absolutley awful game. and not only that, it led to that shit movie. they should have left ff7 alone with that game, instead of the spin off games and terrible cgi movie

Gackt.
That is to say, putting his likeness in the game is a licensing problem, and he is integral to the plot.

Literally everything Zack represented in FF7 was turned on its head by this game's ending.

FF7:
>no matter who you are, you can just die if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time

Crisis Core:
>Zack is a hero and a martyr who died fighting for what he believed in against unimaginable odds

I enjoyed it a lot. Great story, very emotional ending

Wew lad

Attached: dea.jpg (680x684, 36K)

I liked all of the FF7 games but I've never been able to replay Crisis Core.

Henkaku and Adrenaline to run PSP games. You're all set.

im sure they wouldnt have any trouble hashing out an agreement with some washup

Sad ending that is still overblown by too much melodrama. Also the Genesis storyline is cancer

>We wanna make super soldiers
>We created 2 guys: one who can inject his cells into other people and another who can fuse others cells into himself
>Turns out these test tube babies are super unstable and didn't really appreciate finding out they were test tube babies
>Spend 20 hours chasing this asshole who's going around the world sticking his cells into random people. Creating an army of himself. Which ironically means the developers can make the enemies a bunch of mobs with the same face
>Hey remember how the test tube babies got pissed off that they were test tube babies? Better send Sephiroth, another test tube baby, to Nibelheim, the place with ALL THE INFORMATION that talks about how he's a test tube baby
>Whoops turns out he's pissed off too. So now we have 2 test tube babies going around killing everyone

It's like everyone took their retard pills before writing this game

I don't have a Vita anymore, but that would have been nice.

the best final fantasy game.

Attached: ffvii__loveless_poster_by_kris_in_the_shell-d51w554[1].jpg (454x716, 256K)

I kinda hated it they only revisited a couple of ff7 places.. which was good conisdering they sucked any and all details and athmosphere from it especially from midgar sectors.
Also the game destroyed zacks end that should have been cold blooded, fast, surprising and shocking just like in the original ff7.
But SE basically made it into a jpop music video with FF15 style undeserved and emotionally dishonest and manipulative ending.
And dont even get me started on the garbage combat or how they literally copy pasted several KEY scenes from FF7 to the point it becomes insulting to FF7.

So did anything ever come of that ending from Dirge?

There is ONE thing that the ending does well besides the music. The DMW is basically a really annoying mechanic that randomly causes Zack to gain a burst of strength from recalling certain people and events. In the ending the faces on the DMW fade out every time he attempts to recall a memory. He's forgetting the people he met as he comes closer to death. First just acquaintances, then close friends, and finally Aerith

I'm going to go with no, there's been no mention of the Compilation of FFVII in years, not even with the remake finally happening.
I swear I remember reading there was another project or two being worked on, but shortly after Crisis Core it seemed to just fade away.

Mediocre gameplay
Idiot plot.
Idiot characters, except Zack, Aeris, Cloud and Cissnei.
Nice soundtrack.

Irredeemable garbage

But see, Genesis is Gackt. Deliberately so.
In principle I'm sure they would like to, but I'm pretty sure they can't.

yeah that was ok but its all just ugh so on your nose sooo anime soo melodramatic and most of it is not deserved it basically felt similar to me to the FF15 ending yeah you get a bit teary eyed because they use the right words in a short dialoge and have sappy music and animu characters being sad but none of it feels "earned".

Can't they just pay him up again? I don't think the guy is as expensive as he was 10 years ago.

Which is why I agree with you when you say that FF7 handled Zack's death better. Because Zack died like a dog on a non-descript hill just before the finish line. And Cloud only survived because the soldier couldn't be assed to waste the bullet on a drooling retard. It was a combination of luck and determination that brought Cloud through. Cloud winning in the end was entirely on him. In CC the only thing they missed was the spirits of all his lost friends showing up from the Lifestream saying YOUR DEATH WAS SUPER IMPORTANT IN FACT IT SAVED THE ENTIRE WORLD.

The problem with the remake is that I feel like they're going to miss the point. FF7 has become so goddamned popular that I can just see the self references in it. I don't know how I'm going to react if I hear Aerith's voice actress say "this guy are sick." Or someone name drop Genesis even though he has no relevance to anything and really shouldn't exist at all. And somewhere in the back of my head I just know they're going to take the 13 approach where they play up the melodrama because

>these characters are so deep

Fuck you. FF7 may have been silly at times but that silliness is what made the dark moments stand out. You need that time to breath before you dive into heavy shit

I really liked Zack.

And That is pretty much it.

>Zack FAIR is chill, friendly, and charismatic
>Cloud STRIFE is moody, sarcastic, and lonely

Really makes you think

>All these white boys itt with bad taste

IS SHIT!!!! SHIT! SHIT! SHITTY GAME SHIT! Everything about it is fucking awful, but it has nice graphics for a PSP game.

>boot up psp
>start playing
>Genesis appears on screen
>infinite in mys-
>switch off psp

Attached: 1501303853145.png (921x1315, 1.07M)

Yep. Much better than Cloud.

i like that zack was optimistic protagonist in an jrpg! lol! glad he is not really just sad cloud v2 version that SE made cloud into.

what sucks is that the game could have easily been 10/10 if they removed genesis and the big guy.

>Game starts out about SOLDIER putting down Wutai resistance after the war
>Meanders into Gackt buffoonery

The big guy?

Angeal, Zack's mentor and the first owner of the Buster Sword

He was a big guy.

>Hey remember how the test tube babies got pissed off that they were test tube babies? Better send Sephiroth, another test tube baby, to Nibelheim, the place with ALL THE INFORMATION that talks about how he's a test tube baby
This point could be raised against the original FF7 too. Why would Shinra risk sending Sephiroth to Nibelheim where he could possibly discover his origins? Even if they couldn't predict him going absolutely apeshit over it, it's still something that they were trying to hide that could only cause problems if he found out. If anything, CC actually helps offer a solution as to how it happened by showing that the director in charge of Soldier was AWOL at the time and Sephiroth himself was the one calling the shots and assigning missions.

>ironically
The word you're looking for is "conveniently."

Oh, right.

>mfw Gackt appears and starts reciting complete and utter drivel
>again

Attached: 1490784772356.jpg (702x536, 52K)

I love Hojo pretending to be a woman running Sephiroth's online fan club

>that email talking about Sephiroth's hair
>he cycles between thirteen different scents for his shampoo and conditioner so his hair smells different every day
>he uses an entire bottle of each every time he washes his hair

Attached: 1516051410304.gif (500x281, 882K)

Oddly, everything points out to this being done with that purpose in mind.

Couldn't it be explained away with Rufus attempting to usurp control of the company? Wasn't it all too convenient for papa shinra to end up dead to sephiroths warpath in 7?

what an animal

You know what really pisses me off about this piece of shit? Loveless.
It was never about 3 friends or going into battle or becoming a hero of any of that shit. It wasn't even written in ye olde English. If you talked to Cid on the Highwind in disc 3 of FFVII he starts talking about when he went to see Loveless in Midgar and it's nothing like they made it out to be in Crisis Core. It's bullshit.

Attached: 1493628843433.jpg (208x200, 10K)

thank the autist tabata for that

What? The Nibelheim incident and Sephiroth killing the pres happened like 5 years apart, it'd be insane to think that someone could actually plan for things to happen the way they did. And there's nothing (in the original game at least) suggesting that Rufus attempted to usurp control away from his dad, he just took advantage of the situation after the president died. The whole idea of "why would Shinra send Sephiroth to Nibelheim when they knew what was hidden there" is a question that has been asked a lot towards the original FF7. Before CC came out, you could just assume that the people in charge of assigning missions to Soldier wouldn't have had any knowledge of what went down there since it was probably just Hojo, the president, and maybe a few other execs who knew what happened there. CC just adds that the power structure within Soldier had fallen apart and that it was actually Sephiroth himself, being the most senior member remaining, who made the decision to go to Nibelheim.

God, for real, and to make it worse one of Genesis's only two character traits is "likes Loveless" so like half his goddamn lines are quotes from a fictitious play that you don't fucking care about.

Attached: 1386149075926.gif (499x341, 1.47M)

I liked it.

Attached: 41453EA1-E54D-46C6-B4BE-81C083E6B5AB.jpg (500x500, 125K)