REmake is easy bro!

>REmake is easy bro!

I'm not finding this easy at all. Am I brainlet?

Attached: Resident-Evil-1[1].jpg (1280x720, 108K)

No I reckon it's just your first or one of your first classic style survival horror games. Once you've played a couple they almost become so easy they aren't even fun anymore.

They're intimidating at first but extremely shallow ultimately, it's the atmosphere and puzzles that make these games.

What video game is complex?

Alot of people make the mistake of trying to kill everything in their way like it's RE4 and end up causing more trouble for themselves when they get back up later. If you can run by enemies to get what you need then do it.

The classic REs require a measured approach until you understand the rhythm to them.
Save ammo, explore often, run whenever you feel you can do so.

Most rogue-likes, also things like factorio or "autisctic-like" games.

Not the guy you're replying to, but fighting games.

Dwarf Fortress. EVE.

I too feel like a hyper retard. I can't knife niggers without taking a counter hit and I can't run past without getting grabbed.

It's not RE4, don't knife unless you have no other options.

it'll be hard if you don't have previous experience with old-school RE games.

how long does it take to get used to it?

I try to knife the zombies to death and I always fuck it up invariably. Do I just run past them?

For me once I beat RE1 and RE2 you get the feel of these games down and you'll then beat every survival horror game ever afterwards with so much ammo and health items you won't know what to do with them.

>Am I brainlet?
Most likely yes. That's what a decade+ of casual Xbox-era "cinematic" games tend to do to you.

>how long does it take to get used to it?
Like 15 minutes. My wife didn't have any problems when she picked the game up for the 1st time back in 2015. Then replayed it 3 times in a row.

>I try to knife the zombies to death and I always fuck it up invariably.
Basic RE playing 101:
Ditch the knife. Not even joking.

>Do I just run past them?
if it seems to be a possibility. You do have just enough ammo to kill practically everything, if you play things smart.

>used to play and even speedrun through original RE and SH games already between the ages of 9-12
>didn't think much of it at all. Basic stuff.
>tfw now some 20yo GenZ casuals are using adjectives like "Dark Souls hard" on them, and can't seem to even find the first item box.
I never considered myself a "HC gaymer" or anything, but jesus do I feel like some hardboiled veteran pro these days.It seems like the whole concept of MASTERING your games is a foreign one to the younger people.

Attached: 1363739791898.jpg (402x475, 57K)

I said 'brainlet' as a tongue in cheek. Now people are going wild with assumptions. I've played shoot em ups and fighting games for years, try again.

Attention spans are in the toilet. If a game doesn't have floating quest markers and checkpoints every 5 feet nu-gamers just don't want to know about it.

Most, actually

>I've played shoot em ups and fighting games for years
...yes, and? That doesn't mean jack shit in a totally separated genre. I doubt anyone would make a fucking thread on a global image board, whining about the game being 2hard, unless they had troubles with it. Or some ulterior motives.

Yes.
t. brainlet

i haven't played much of it but it didn't take long to figure out that zombies aren't worth fighting.

REmake is very easy.
Even more so if you're playing the HD port, and using the new 2D control scheme that breaks the game. I do hope you're at least playing on the Normal mode (=mountain climbing)

I'm too brainlet for re1

I need to kill myself

>Hexagonal hole
>Hexagonal block
>WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

it's just tedious finding the items and guessing where to go

rearrange some red books ... HEY BOOBIES !
moms not home, time for a fap.

if you play as Jill it is significantly easier because of the lockpick

>it's the atmosphere and puzzles that make these games.
They are pretty much memory games with zombies as an annoyance

Attached: 1497297137020.jpg (260x194, 10K)

grand strat games liv civ. total wars campaign map, and battles.

Exactly, people shit on the new RE games because they're action games but they're more engaging on multiple playthroughs unless you're a speedrunner or some shit, which the classic ones are definitely better for that.

Honestly I love old and new RE but they have their pros and cons, and I just don't get people who want the same shit over and over. I like that they change shit up ever few games, that's what makes the series last.

it's like you forgot all about the dogs and hunters.

i found RE3 the hardest of the trilogy, and that was because I was always trying to dodge the zombies instead of running away from them. Also the motherfucking giant worm in the park gave me nightmares, even though it's just a fucking timed fight.
Try waiting until they get close enough and step back a bit, then run while the grab animation is still playing. Also, if you are playing the REmake like OP, burn the corpses of the zombies before it's too late.

I'm a classir RE fan, I don't like the 4 onwards directions they took though 7 was really great and would be great in the original zombie setting.

I played 2 first when I was about 13, I played it with a friend (2 heads better than one) so puzzles and memory came easy to me. I never even used the map in those games, just remember every room and item mentally, but that is all they are. Enemies are a mild annoyance, just get in your way to take your health/ammo while you complete puzzles.
they are puzzle/memory games.

Still last time I booted up REHD I died to the first zombie. I'm out of practice with tank controls, it has been nearly 15 years since I played a classic resi game.

>i found RE3 the hardest of the trilogy
it would be the hardes t of the trilogy, especially because of nemi, if they didn't give you shit loads of OP ammo everywhere.
Playing on normal, you save all your ammo making stuff you get to create all the OP ammo you will ever need mid-late game, trivialises the game completely.

Still one of the best in the series

Attached: resident_evil_31.jpg (605x350, 61K)

I started playing this recently and now I've expired a good bit of the mansion (just got the shotgun) but I'm almost out of resources. I knew about the "don't kill anything" meme but I figured I would play it like I usually would any game first and see if I'd make it. Just met my first crimson... and now I'm considering restarting the game. Do it?

don't restart you're never truly as fucked as you think you are, there's another clip and a green herb just beyond the next locked door.

Yeah, I know. Also, the knife was a real lifesaver for once. Not as overpowered as in RE4, but useful enough. My main problem was the crowd control during certain camera angles. This wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't wasted so much time just exploring Raccoon's devastated streets. Honestly, RE3 is my favorite Resi game and the simple fact that you can explore the city is one of the main reasons.

>Civil and Total War are complex

???

Attached: images.jpg (261x193, 5K)

Do you guys think ink ribbons could work today given the average gamers retardation these days? I'm making a game really similar in structure to classic RE with limited saves but people keep telling me it's a bad idea

>I try to knife the zombies to death and I always fuck it up invariably

If you're playing as Chris and tap the knife button he takes a very small backstep to get into the knife stance. If you tap it a bunch of times you can move backward, I found this easier/faster to get distance while knifing a zombie. Once I got used to doing this I was able to easily knife any regular zombie 1v1. And of course, if you encounter a crimson head remember a shotgun headshot instantly kills them

I love limited saves, there's actually a penalty for dying and it forces you to strategise. The thing that pisses me off is when there's a huge gap between save points. REmake did it well for the most part.

Artificial difficulty due to controls

I think limited saves works well for the horror genre. On a first playthrough, it really adds a unique kind of tension that resonates well enough with the character you're playing as, I feel.

>complex
yeas as in "consisting of many different and connected parts"
The definition of the word.....
they give you an in game encyclopaedia ffs of course they are complex

yeas course it would work, RE7 has save rooms and dark souls has the punishment for fucking up system