What is your favorite vidya race, Sup Forums?

What is your favorite vidya race, Sup Forums?

A race that you try to pick in every game or is fairly unique.

I really like tree/nature races. The flower people in GW 2 were pretty cool.

Attached: a0513580527_5.jpg (700x700, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exRFQXX3oeg
youtube.com/watch?v=N3OB7Kjfm0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Horatio. Because nothing less than perfection will do.
youtube.com/watch?v=exRFQXX3oeg

Attached: 1520026467259.jpg (1080x1440, 492K)

From ES 2 - Voidborn, Vodyani
EL - Necrophages, Cult

I like ants.

Attached: klackon2.jpg (145x161, 10K)

>Voidborn

Attached: The Riftborn.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

>Vodyani

Attached: The Vodyani.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

I'm boring and prefer humans, because usually they look the best in most gear.

Humans

>Necrophages

Attached: Necrophages.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

>Cult

Attached: Cultists.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

undead skellingtons

Attached: Kawaii Desu Dan.png (150x150, 60K)

>humans

Attached: The United Empire.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

Oops, missremebered riftborns name, thank you kindly

Attached: Ur-Quan_Kzer-Za.gif (485x213, 84K)

This

Am I a pleb for almost always playing humans? Or at the very least, always starting with humans when given an option.
Also GW2 can't hold a candle to what GW was.

Attached: D67DAB05-B39A-4AF2-BAEE-58CC94B2921D-8790-000002BF55A8D28B.jpg (1280x890, 112K)

MAMA

Attached: Quick-Look-Endless-Legend-with-Gameplay-Videos-451229-7.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

You're alright. The Orz and those gas giant aliens are better, though.

I LOVE playable machine species, the weirder the better. Unfortunately they're incredibly rare.

On the flipside, I despise fucking elves. Dull garbage (visually and thematically).

dust boiz

Attached: brokenlords.png (1600x599, 1.5M)

We will never get a cool Icebear race, Sup Forums. How does this make you feel?

Attached: guild_wars_2_norn_by_artfall-d3jzbcb.jpg (1191x670, 168K)

Orz are easily 2nd best overall race wise, but I just like the Kzer-za for being antagonists/villains with a goal that isn't destroy everything. They had some baller ass music and a good history that sets up why they're such shits though. Slylandro are good too but they're not used too much.

Bigass monsters. Not that pansy shit like World of Warcraft's Tauren or those faggot "dragon" people in TERA, but closer to those lion things from Guild Wars 2. Shame GW2 is shit. Let me be a big fucking monster with a huge as fuck weapon; let me feel like I'm not a scrawny person in real life.

>Cool icebear race

Attached: 1521555526851.jpg (343x404, 57K)

Doesn't bother me too much, Ive come to accept nothing will ever top Charrs

Attached: tumblr_mj5k5zFkSc1rtdsh3o6_1280.jpg (1080x712, 629K)

literally me

Attached: 1519398932725.jpg (1920x1080, 958K)

Charr concept art is an 11/10 in badass factor but in game they are nowhere near as badass sadly.

I like arachnids when I can get them

Attached: 544-3-1512368020.jpg (502x377, 27K)

Whatever race that has females with the best hips

Im just hoping they will do an expac on the Blood Legion homelands and we might get some more Charr-esk looking armor thats straight from their concept art. I like the cultural armor but the same 3 sets really limits what I can transmog

Attached: Cat lawnchair.jpg (1440x968, 1.01M)

Why don't most creatures blink one eye at a time? Seems like it would be useful to keep an eye open for predators

>Seems like it would be useful to keep an eye open for predators
That is in fact more or less exactly why the Ur-quan blink with one at a time more than likely.

Glowing Spacegoats.

Attached: 674985.jpg (2556x1439, 432K)

Endless space 2 any good?

Monsters or Shapeshifters that pretend to be normal.

I also like Elves, but I figured they were too generic? So some kind of void / space / cosmic race is also cool.

Attached: 66e966f3e05590a1311e36c1622ccb44[1].jpg (564x728, 39K)

It's not bad.

It's pretty fun

Is it only me or does she look like that one actress?

Attached: leadership.5e48eb24.jpg (2131x1199, 2.14M)

>tfw no cute sister to have mercy with

Attached: Sister_of_Mercy.jpg (1540x749, 925K)

Why isn't predatory nature used as a base for more alien species? It's such a simple concept - a species that evolved from solitary hunters (like bears or centipedes), giving them completely different outlook on life in comparison to social hunters like us. Ur-Quan are so fucking cool.

Attached: 1507825816216.jpg (779x345, 92K)

White race and east asians.

M I T H R A

Attached: 1342044350779.jpg (900x1200, 476K)

Unfallen would be so much cooler if they were more alien instead of somewhat generic kind tree-people.
youtube.com/watch?v=N3OB7Kjfm0A
Replace "Juffo-wup" with "The Heart" and you're good to go.

Found a picture of you

Attached: 1510802808817[1].jpg (682x756, 68K)

The Ur-Quan in general are just fucking great, both Kohn-Ah and Kzer-Za. So imposing, and I agree with you that the Kzer-Za's whole thing of going around and shielding planets is really unique, as well as the idea that the subspecies exist as different interpretations of the same doctrine. I like the Slylandro because of the levity they provide and because the probe story sort of tickles me. Also the fact that they get flustered at you only being able to see their genitals is pretty funny. Other than that, a truly ancient species that exists only with the ability to speak and think and not produce any technology or anything physical at all is quite interesting. Their history that's just them counting rotations and revolutions in between visits from different species is amusing in a slightly sad way, and I was a bit sad that I couldn't talk to them about Earth and could only listen to them talk about themselves. The Orz are the best just because of that intense contrast between their really silly and fun initial look and the potential truths as to what they really are. Their theme just being chanting of the word "die" over and over again while this happy beat plays is so grim. Additionally, most players will almost immediately accept their offer to be friends and will direct them straight to Earth, but then might later start to learn what they really are. You also don't get many races like them in sci-fi where they aren't really even a real race, just "fingers" of some overbeing. Man, Star Control 2 is cool. I really need to get back to it.

SC2 had a lot of cool stuff. Shame that most vidya now doesn't really have much stuff that's as creative.

Im not american. But nice try.

Also I dont like nzis. My grandpa was killing them. I also hate commies, just so u know.

i liked these guys alot but only being able to terraform i think? into shittier planets was kind of a turn off

>There's a star control reboot coming out by stardock
>Thre's also a star control 2 sequel coming out by paul and fred
>Starshit is suing paul and fred over it

Attached: be patient.jpg (500x375, 138K)

SKAVEN YES-YES!

Attached: th0DX423YX.jpg (345x193, 16K)

this
fucking spaceniggers get out

Attached: i'm out.gif (200x200, 613K)

Always pick the most, underhanded, backstabby, scummy, disgusting, ugly race. Because nothing pisses me off more than smug cunt races like Elves that carry the only flaw of "We're too perfect so we're kind of pompous teehee ;)))))"

Attached: 1485522095801.gif (326x326, 316K)

I also fucking hate elves
Literally anything they're in, they're automatically fucking AWFUL tier

Attached: fNc9JlF8QMeONhkJhPQ9luXdI7qc1TDNfs9e3F3FTkU.jpg (750x703, 100K)

Typical endless legend game. All around fun and a constant improvement in every way except the combat is nonstop ass.

F-filthy Dwarf Thing! Queek will kill-chop you!

>broken lords one of the few races that make it off of Artichoke
>lets just do them, but different

Wait I thought only the vaulters managed to get off Auriga

>broken lords but with tits

the vaulters made it off inside of a hissho ship but a few "species" show up in ES1 confirming they either stowed away, or other ships made it off somehow
broken lord being the most obvious, given the heros backstory, and the fact that his name is an anagram of broken lord

even before 2 though, their timeline was pretty insane anyway, since it takes place over such a large amount of time, but with so very few specific events

we already had broken lords with tits, these new slags are just dusty bitches

>planets free of organic scourge
>shittier
Riftborn get big happiness bonus for being on sterile planets and since those have better yields than fertile planets you can have your desert-ash-ash-lava system producing a carrier per turn with no approval headaches.

I agree with this user and I love Dwarves.

I'm pretty sure ES2 is supposed to be a retcon of the ES1 timeline.

Waterfolk and angels. When I say Waterfolk I pretty much mean any kind, ranging from merfolk with fins and gills, to just humans that live on the water and make water a huge part of their culture.

I'm also an angel fag.

>honorable mentions
Avians, treefolk, fungi people, goat people, skeletons

>specifics
Protoss, Warcraft trolls/goblins, D&D Dragonborn, orc girls

>tfw am fucking retarded and didn't realize riftborn got +sterile buildings
do they get other shit to help with low pop on these kinds of planets, or is that just a trade off for having the best pops?

>no Dosh Lords
0/10 would not flood Auriga with a tidal wave of Dust and steel with

Attached: 1429561843189.png (910x1200, 668K)

right, but it only got retconned because of the events of EL (and dote). arguably some of the shit happened the same since the virtual couldnt change every single thing

i havent really played, but to my knowledge, the only people to make it off this time around were the vaulters and the sisters of mercy
a ton of stuff is clearly the "same" though, pulsos being harmony/silics, similar shit

That's the trade off. There's no reason to terraform planets past desert in my opinion, it's the point where there's just enough pops and production there to be good.

they are third place for me in EL, in that case, 3rd place in ES2 - trees

What's not to like about a race of sapient modifiable lizard people created by the sap of a tree hivemind that existed before time

Attached: argo-armor-01_out.jpg (1000x875, 278K)

>tfw your vineships about to be finished with a good system and some faglord comes in and takes it

Attached: 1504562756530.webm (480x368, 2.55M)

Attached: latest-1.jpg (525x700, 104K)

Endless races are fantastic. I'm usually really picky about fantasy and sci-fi races, but Endless hits my check lists.
My favourites have got to be from UQM though.

Attached: UtwigComm.png (243x107, 7K)

combat rework dlc for EL that just turns it into homm3 when?

Elf

Attached: 1521806438844.jpg (493x387, 56K)

>play Unfallen on Endless difficulty
>by the time my first vineship finishes placing the first vine my Sophon neighbour completely boxes me in with his outposts and colonies
It's always the fucking Soph*ns. They're like Cravers except even more annoying, since Cravers don't get colonisation techs that fast, their tendency to hyper-aggressively forward settle you is the same otherwise.

My militaristic space mushrooms from Stellaris

Blood Bowl is the only game where I like elves. High Elves specifically, robust honest passing play with no bullshit. Unfortunately everyone else in that game has bullshit galore

I really like robotic races, undead, and maybe a mix of those like the broken lords from Endless legend. They probably speak to my immense fear of death or something. But they also look really cool.

Attached: rise_of_nations_rise_of_legends_art_f13e66d7.jpg (800x1236, 71K)

Their voice was like having broken glass shoved into my ears, but I liked their ships and their friendly neighbouring plant dudes. It was also impressive when they were strong enough to put a big dent into the Kohr-Ah

Its good.

Always the short stack engineering/genius race. Short furry races fucking ruin it for me though. Asura are alright.

Attached: pipsky_goblin_by_digiartlink-d7a1gt6.jpg (840x780, 273K)

>What is your favorite vidya race
the white race!

Attached: 1503415352721.jpg (780x776, 142K)

I always play mages, so humans or elves.

>you're not allowed to like white people

How's the whole white guilt thing going on bud?

>redit yes-yes

I think not.

Attached: Lords of Cool.png (901x548, 52K)

based dustbro

Attached: bling.gif (400x225, 81K)

Anything that can transform the enviroment.

Be it mechanical, biological, magical etc
Let me transform my enemies homes into "my" type of home.

Humans. The more human and less transhuman they are, the better. Realistically they wouldn't stand a chance against AIs or anything at a similar level but i don't care.

>charr
Good taste.

Attached: rox smile.png (400x400, 305K)

Always found their design to be a bit stupid. They look industrially manufactured, not created by energy manipulations of some alter-dimensional entities.

>repeating words
Are skaven autistic?

Attached: auriga.jpg (800x450, 238K)

YOU ABOMINABLE FIEND I WILL SMITE YOU IN THE NAME OF SIGMAR

Attached: 1521418994496.png (517x387, 268K)

Attached: 7c8.jpg (700x1690, 327K)

I love biomechanical monstrosities, lizardmen and insectoid races. The moment I saw the Cravers I knew they were the race for me, they're so damn cool.
On the other hand I can't stand generic sci-fi/fantasy races like Elves, Dwarves or recoloured humans like ME Asari or WoW Orcs, they're so boring.

Attached: 1513809586_cravers.jpg (1000x562, 54K)

I love orcs when they are not just generic enemies.

Attached: m1508950485224.jpg (540x720, 137K)

I like a lot of different races and I don't know what they share in common that makes them stand out to me as games go by
for instance, and sticking with the endless theme
>amoeba
>drakken
>riftborn
As for non endless examples, I guess I really like the Dwemer. But I can't put them above all of the other races I can think of.

These mother fuckers, too bad they're in a dead franchise and no other game really utilizes them in any way.

I wish more games gave us amphibious, reptilian and bird races. All we ever get is the same recycled shit.

Attached: froglok.jpg (1280x1024, 180K)