Battlefield 2018

Now that the next Battlefield game is bound to release this year. Will the series get into the competitive scene to compete against other multiplayer shooters like R6 Siege and Overwatch?

Attached: Battlefield-4.jpg (1200x652, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-shBKDSUr4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>like R6 Siege and Overwatch?
i fuckin hope not

I really hope not.

Part of battlefield's appeal is the large multiplayer games.

Unless they can somehow make a competitive 32v32 mode work, I want DICE to stay as far away from competitive as possible.

who cares. Im not going to write down every single thing DICE and EA have done wrong because it would be a fucking blog.

Attached: 1522238133234.gif (338x190, 1.96M)

It won't do any bigger pushes than it has in the past. I am pretty sure the game has a competitive mode for smaller teams already. It will exist, maybe people take it seriously, but DICE/EA won't. EA has all the sports shit for esports.

I could see them going for more classes, instead of 4 like the past 4 or 5 games, and having 6-8 classes with more unique and defined roles with the gadgets and weapon types spread out. Right now everything in the game is thrown on 4 classes, and sometimes you have shit like the Assaults also be the Medic or the Assault/Infantrymen needs to also be the Anti-Vehicle class.

It will be shit and look pretty. Daily reminder every German sniper in BF1 is black.

kek

Also this, the only thing battlefield has going for it anymore is its over the top chaotic massive battles. If they go Siege/CS Tier it would become even more generic than it already is.

>Will the series get into the competitive scene?

With the new battlefield game every year, its no longer worth to invest time in it since the game will be dead next year. I miss the times of BF2 / BF2142.

>British snipers are also black
>and wearing ANZAC slouches
>a faction that wasn't released until a year later as paid DLC

Aint fuken cricket mate

Attached: 1458374799060.jpg (480x360, 23K)

If that bothers you then so should all the experiential weapons and guys running around with lumbering massive lmgs

God damn I hope they don't since I hate those fucking games, no more twitch bait garbage

the meme is that the game is not historically accurate in any way whatsoever and they shoulda just made a WWII game, it's obvious they wanted to

Didn't that battlefield 4v4 game crash and burn?

There was a 4v4 Battlefield ? What the fuck.
Or maybe you meant Battlefield knockoff, I can't see someone at EA and DICE being that retarded, the only appeal of the series is class based gameplay, open maps and vehicles/infantry.

Are talking about Battlefield 1 Incursions? Because it isn't out yet.

There was a beta back in November or something so I assumed since it was an asset flip it would be out by now.

Nah. Currently its temporarily closed. Incursions is nothing more but an early test for competitive mode in the next game. Hell, it's a far different thing except it uses the same assets from the base game youtube.com/watch?v=W-shBKDSUr4

>bf hardline was shit
>bf one was shit
>battlefront was shit
>battlefront 2 was shit

You know maybe i'm starting to see a pattern here.

>BF 2018 announced
>battle royale style game with levels that take place in various eras of warfare
>WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Somalia, Gulf War 2, Afghanistan, all represented via maps
>goals of levels change depending on era. For example in Vietnam map US side wins if they make it to evac points while vietcong have to stop them.

screencap thread for proof. thank me later

I feel like I'm the only person on Sup Forums who actually really enjoyed Hardline, I wish the multiplayer was alive for longer.

nah dude
it was fun af
people just didn't like the ttk & 64 players being allowed on tiny maps, as well as the "cops and robbers" theme for some reason
mst people just jumped on th hate bandwagon without even playing it
otherwise
-best melee system in any Battlefield
-best weapon and unlocking progression in any battlefield
-the "gun bench" where you could customize your gun, down to selecting between different reticles for Sniper rifles no matter what the zoom level
-zoom level for snipers was capped at 14%; no more dudes camping in their spawns staring blankly into 40X scopes going for XTREME LONG RANGE HEADSHOTS
-Heist and Blood Money game modes are the best game modes in any BF game, period
-no tanks or jets; infantry combat primary focus

I could keep going

every BF games since has been shit, and most people consider Hardline shit

sucks watching this series go down the toilet

battlefield in the way it is is a massive clusterfuck. im all for them restructuring the gameplay. and this time im going to wait and watch a lot of post release content before deciding to buy the game or not. also note that this series is a huge ripoff of an investment, $60 for the game and $50 for premium and unknown $ for the lootboxes that you know are going to be in the game. dont preorder this.

They're been telling us about a competitive mode since bf3, I don't think it's ever coming out, not a priority

Attached: 1505205074077.jpg (960x960, 46K)

they make a few smaller squad game modes that die out relatively quickly

the interest just isn't there

>dinosaurs

Attached: Clap.jpg (1000x1000, 531K)

>Will the series get into the competitive scene to compete against other multiplayer shooters like R6 Siege and Overwatch?
Hope not, that's how games die.

Given how shit the netcode is, what would be the point?

i'll start.

my biggest complaints about the battlefield series are:

1. lack of realism
2. small maps
3. clusterfuck respawning system
4. "game modes" that along with normal and hardcore fragment the playerbase and makes the game die fast. (just make it conquest like originals)
5. an unnecessary singleplayer campaign that siphons 2/3 of the game's budget which players will only play 8 hours on and spend the rest of the 1000 hours in multiplayer anyway

Hardcore was p much killed off in 1, it was under so many tabs that no one noticed it, and no easy way to select it in server browser

They put an experimental competitive mode in the test release of BF1. Hopefully it goes nowhere and they realize that 5v5/6v6 is a meme and sucks everything fun out of Battlefield

Attached: incursions alpha.jpg (589x767, 199K)

>lack of realism
BF has always been a mass appeal type of game, no reason to knock that it isn't Arma with limping and shit
>small maps
The map size is fine, the problem is all the "big" maps are poorly designed as fuck aka Silk Road, Sinai Desert and every other "BIGGEST BF MAPEVER" they hype up.
>clusterfuck respawning system
Squad spawn ruins any kind of frontline back and forth the series could have. I wouldn't mind the mobile spawn coming back if they reworked it so people parachuted above it rather than directly on it. Otherwise I find that respawning on points is fine, maybe except when your defending and they are on the last points and your getting spawn killed with no cover.
>game modes
There is WAY too fucking many like you said, but I think they could rework them into a rotating thing like Hearthstone, Overwatch, Fortnite or a bunch of other games do. You would have Conquest, Rush and Operations as mainstay while everything else rotates every week. Maybe have weekly challenges to make people go try those modes to populate them.
>single player campaign
Yup, none of them have been good and BadCo 1 is passable at best.

The absolute biggest turn off for Battlefield to me has become 3D spotting. I am okay with 2D spotting, to a degree really. Not a fan of motion trackers/flares, but shooting revealing you on the minimap is okay. Pressing Q to give your whole team wallhacks is a stupid fucking design decision.

Not even close to shit netcode.