What went right?

What went right?

Attached: 220px-Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (220x271, 17K)

Voiced protagonist was more immersive
Better gun handling made the core combat gameplay a lot more immersive
The environments were great, beautiful and very immersive
Power armour system was a good way to balance out what would otherwise be a very overpowered and immersion breaking power up

>VA who goes from deadpan to overacting retard like a bipolar madman over the course of two sentences is immursive
>power armor and fusioncores are literally everywhere and are almost as overpowered as stealtharchers

Attached: average fallout playthrough.png (1024x768, 958K)

The V.A.T.S and combat in general, except stealth and enemy A.I

Attached: unnamed (14).gif (498x280, 1013K)

Voiced protagonist was a mistake, but I honestly believe that power armour was done infinitely better than in any other Fallout.

Voiced protagonist more immersive? Tell that to the old dude I made in character creation who had the voice of a fit and young man, not to mention the dumb down of the dialogue system which drives me crazy

it was trash and the only good thing to come out of it was the engine and power armor.

Attached: 1521600559067.jpg (242x208, 6K)

I often try to describe a way I think the game could have been more fun if it was focused around the power armor more, but I always end up concluding that the logistics therein are so staggering that you might as well just make a new game at that point.

Gunplay and customization.

Game play was fine and the exploration of the world was decent. Dialog was terrible, the base building aspect was completely unnecessary and it feels like so many resources went into that that other aspects of the game suffered, and the whole "you need to go help this random outpost" shit was annoying filler.

I think for the most part Sup Forums is way too critical of games but I totally agree that New Vegas is far superior. I go back and play it from time to time but I have little desire to play 4 again.

>Voiced protagonist was more immersive

Attached: fuck off.jpg (1064x700, 258K)

Graphics
Gun mods
Legendary weapons

Combat is better i guess.
Which at this point seems to be the final epitaph for every western RPG.

Literally nothing

Gunplay was serviceable and the settlement system ended up being more fun then the rest of the game.
Everything else was worse. Dialog, Quests, World, No cool shit to find, Fucking Diablo loot, and Power armor.

>open random drawer in trashed house in middle of nowhere
>5 fusion cores

Exploration
Building is fun when you unlock limits and placement limits
Challenge
Gameplay loop
Few actual quests that are there are great and have a lot of freedom
Looting system is the best out there, saves a lot of time

Attached: gage stop.webm (640x400, 2.54M)

>make an old dude in FO1/2/NV
>he runs around like he's 18
But it's okay when /ourguys/ do it amirite?

>spend couple of weeks in the wasteland
>have insane amount of goodies including a industrial water purifier
>people lived there decades
>they grow tatos and live in a shed

In every RPG ever made people are passive and player character is the only person who can get shit done and kill weak ass tutorial mobs at city gates.

The music was nice I guess? It marginally improved gunplay and graphics, but honestly, the gunplay wasn't THAT bad in New Vegas. Maybe it's just because I've played 40 hours of NV over the past few days and I've grown accustomed to it, but NV gunplay really doesn't feel that bad. Better graphics are definitely a solid improvement, but FO4 still looks like shit for a game that released in 2015.