Which was better? No referring to Metacritic, your favorite youtuber, or a general consensus

Which was better? No referring to Metacritic, your favorite youtuber, or a general consensus.

Attached: Banjo-Games-Bundle-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pkn8bgnhguA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't finished Tooie yet but so far I like it more than Kazooie because it's harder and the levels are bigger

For me after the sequel, the first game feels hilarously underdesigned. Like its a beta for what was to come

Nuts and Bolts.

BK is a really good game and if you want more of everything BT is a really good sequel. Very hip.

Attached: 1501864804070.gif (400x257, 1.8M)

Kazooie was just overall much better designed
even Gregg Mayles, one of the main heads behind it,
admitted on twitter how he regrets most of Tooie and would make a new game more like the first

... IF he did make a new one.

>Big bear
It's hip to fuck bees

Tooie is way too fucking overdesigned. It's ambitious, but unfocused as hell.

Kazooie is objectively the best.

Kazooie has tighter level design
Tooie has better boss fights and that's pretty much it.

Kazooie, levels are smaller but more interesting and better designed.

Same. I started with Tooie so when I went back to play Kazooie it was really hard to adjust to all the stuff I was now lacking.

Oh I also forgot to mention the level interconnectivity. That's also why I'm liking it more

Kazooie, it's not even close

What really got me was how uninteresting most bk levels are and the loss of the controls. These work much better as adventure/puzzle games than platformers. It also blows me away how advanced it is for a n64 game, the multi layered levels and steps needed for some jigs

Tooie sucks, Kazooie is GOAT.

The level design in Grunty Industries still gives me nightmares. I don't hate it, but going through and getting all the jiggies there makes me grind my teeth in frustration. Even just getting to the boss is a long stepwise path that you're timed at, and you have to know exactly what you're doing and where you're going or you'll screw it up.

Attached: 1501272355529.jpg (1660x1112, 143K)

I get what you mean.

Tooie is honestly just an entirely different approach, and it's more macro. It takes effort and investment. The more you play Tooie, the better it gets. The problem is most people get frustrated and are shit st remembering rooms. Tooie can be mazelike if you are trash at navigation.

I bet you everyone who bitched about Tooie beat it as soon as it could. Kazooie may have a stronger first half, but once Tooie picks up it is a more rewarding game. It feels like one huge saga, it's a great sequel. And a great contrast to the first in a ton of ways. Both are N64 classics. Nobody even mentions how legendary the multiplayer mode was with your friends as jinjo fucks running around shooting grenades. If I can enjoy it this much on the N64 with 12 fps, you Microsoft cucks should be able to enjoy it in glorious 60 fps.

Also fuck dragon kazooie. Holy fuck did they ruin that voice.

Attached: 1384960137.png (859x800, 304K)

Grunty Industries is the fucking peak of banjo levels. Everything from how getting into it via train, to getting the flight pad outside and entering through dozens of exits and entrances was masterful. It's a brilliant level, and a casual filter

>mulitiplayer
pretty mixed, but having the games and knowing the maps gave me too much of an advantage.
3 Jinjos vs Grunty was good.

I very much appreciate it for what it is, but I also hate it for what it is. My very last jiggy I needed in the game was in the damn poison pit at the bottom of Grunty Industries water treatment area, something I thought I checked.

Dude my friends and I still play the multiplayer on XB1. Its kind of unbalanced but fun. We set up the N64 recently and it was laughably bad, the controls, framerate, how blurry and muddy everything looked. Amazes me how that was the peak at one point and our main game. Anyone who says the 360/XB1 versions are worse is braindead

Mine was Canary Mary, fuck that bitch

Everything that took 2 steps to do in Kazooie, took 5 steps in Tooie. It's a chore to play and I hate not being able to 100% a world the moment I go in there, which if you play Kazooie in the "intended" path, you can do.

Playing as Mumbo sucked, I tried replaying it last year but got fed up of it at Teradactyland.

Tooie is a huge fucking mess. I can't tell how much of it is the ridiculous backtracking. If you're going to make me revisit a level 4+ times, just stop making levels and make it one big world instead. It was fucking annoying. Backtracking in games doesn't usually bother me and I'm having trouble pinpointing why it's so much more debilitating in Tooie. Can anyone explain it? Is it just because it's divided into levels, almost none of which can be completed in one go?

I thought you just had to button mash with the speed of a thousand supernovas until I realized what you actually had to do, and then I realized it was the most ingenious, devious design I had seen in the game yet. Only took me twice after that to clear it and get both the jiggy and the cheato page.

Kazooie is very neat and tightly designed, and it's refined quite well, much better than Tooie. The Notes are really good indications of what paths to follow. Jinjos, Jiggies, and Honeycomb pieces give good reasons to explore. Each level almost feels theme park-esque. Each part of each level has easily recognizable set-pieces, and despite your objective being the same of collecting things, each level brings something new to the table that no other level has. It's a great 3D platformer that still holds up extremely well to this day, and I really hate how the term collectathon has been slandered.

Kazooie because there's less empty walking.

Tooie felt like a collection of chores, rather than a collection of trials.

>Backtracking in games doesn't usually bother me and I'm having trouble pinpointing why it's so much more debilitating in Tooie. Can anyone explain it? Is it just because it's divided into levels, almost none of which can be completed in one go?
For me, it was the fact that the levels are honestly too big. Your trotting speed didn't get increased at all, so you're moving with the same speed as BK, but the levels don't accommodate that speed properly. It doesn't help that a lot of the levels have big open stretches of nothing interesting going on between them, which can get monotonous and droning.

>tfw play Kazooie after Tooie
>Like half the jiggies are just lying there in the open instead of being a reward for a task
>Sometimes there's a bunch in the same exact location you can get by doing a few different quick things.

Feels so weird. You can 100% Mumbo's mountain in like 5 minutes.

Attached: 5654656546.jpg (276x238, 14K)

I liked Kazooie better. Tooie was so large that at a certain point I just stopped caring.

>You can 100% the practice level in like 5 minutes
Preposterous.

Only brianlets can't handle Tooie for being "bigger"

Kazooie does have it's own unique charm though. And Cloud Cukooland can go suck a dick

Well, Mumbo's Mountain IS the very first level. I actually like that Kazooie's levels are secluded within themselves. I can understand giving reason for the player to go back to previous worlds, but it feels really frustrating when you're trying to figure out how to get something for about a dozen minutes, only to realize that you have to come back much later. Also, some of the mini-games in Tooie (Temple and Rock Soccer) are pretty bad.

It's because the game isn't for fucking idiots looking for Kazooie.
>check every room in a world
>alright seen what's here for now, i got enough jiggies to go 2-3 worlds ahead
>continue process like a pro
>eventually get to click clock wood and suddenly everything clicks into place
>realize the beauty of the interconnected jiggjes because you trusted the game and didnt hang around a world for 20 hours like a kazooie autismo

I enjoyed Tooie more, but having said that I played it as a kid and am deathly afraid that when I return I'll find the larger world lifeless, the backtracking tedious, and the characters less charming.

Attached: 1483500697015.jpg (277x295, 17K)

None of the Tooie minigames are bad and especially not those.

Fuck I meant cuckoland

Did you not use the warp pads? They're there for a reason. And larger worlds like Terrydactylland and Cloudcuckooland you can get around by Beak Bombing while flying as well to speed up.

My point is why is there an entire fucking level that is just for practice? Tooie's first level is much more full fledged. The practice part is everything before entering the first level. Kazooie also has Spiral Mountin so it really didn't need a practice level.

Thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=Pkn8bgnhguA

Attached: 1293409849969b.jpg (560x560, 214K)

If you know the layout you've done the hard part. Then it's literally just puzzle banjo with more everything. Both these games hold up to someone who played them before.

>Skipping worlds
>Not 100%ing every level

About a year ago I played through BK on Rare Replay, and I still love that game. I then immediately went into Tooie and I could feel the difference right away, and it's actually kinda jarring. I think if I had taken a break in-between, I would have been more eager to play it.

Tooie's first level is also a lot more boring and uninteresting. Notes also feel lazily placed.

Hailfire Peaks is worse than Grunty Industries imo

Cmon dude thats one of the best levels

Hailfire peaks is great what are you on about

Remembering the warp pads is essential. There are tasks that are made trivial because it's all linked up for you to hop in warp pad, and hop back out. I guarantee you as a dumb kid I wouldn't know how close my destinstion was to another warp point though, and end up looking at other unhelpful shit getting lost. Especially once you add in transforations and you think your new powers might help in exploration.

That's all bullshit. Know what you need to do and how to get there, because the game makes great use of transportation whether it's flight, warp, silos or world shortcuts. I bet speedrunners don't think it's anymore painful to actually do than kazooie. If anything a lot of tasks are fucking easily done in seconds with warp. It's just there's a lot of content to actually do, because a task that earns you a jiggy in kazooie is like 1 step of getting a jiggy in tooie.

your dumbass 100% mentality is why you dislike tooie you dip

How about you make a fucking argument you fucking idiot.

I liked the football

>It's a Banjo only episode in CCL

Learn to read and play the game right you autistic moron

The best version is on PC soyboy

360/XB1 port has long ass draw distances for notes/eggs/feathers/etc and runs at a locked 30FPS.