Now that the dust has settled, was he right and everyone else wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, was he right and everyone else wrong?

Attached: 3477fda7bffc8e076be19194d89c8c3e_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

what happened to this guy anyway?

he was a smart marketer and an average indie dev.

No not really.

No.

>diss japanese games
>while making a game that takes major influence from all sorts of japanese platformers
>while also dissing pc gaming (where the best western games are, so one wonders why he think jap games are bad).

He's a completely imbecile and probably a self-loathing weaboo.

This has got to be the most punchable face in the history of mankind.

>He's a completely imbecile and probably a self-loathing weaboo.

wow just like nu-Sup Forums

He left the industry completely because it's cancerous and full of leeches. He's completely right.

Has a huge ego and when it shattered it regrew bigger than before

So no

Only brainlets took him seriously. I mean for fucks sake this guy was his avatar, he was wearing it on his sleeve.

Attached: 2520924-1759659847-c-and.jpg (388x489, 31K)

What makes you say he was right?

he certainly didnt deserve most of the shit he got but on the other hand if you are such a sensitive cunt that literally quits making his own game (for which he himself should have motivations btw) then he would not have lasted much longer anyway.

This. He was a troll, and he fooled everyone, you just need to look at Andy fucking Kaufman first. He literally still works on games, but is way more low profile.

He called out "gaming journalists" for what they are, a bunch of leeches, and then everyone attacked him. Now everyone hates gaming journalists.

>I'm taking my ball home and not making Fez 2 anymore!!!
>he... guys? I'm still here.. will someone give me attention?
lol it's just too funny how he threw a hissy fit and nobody gave a shit he didn't make a new game

Nope, he made a bad VR tetris clone.

Proving that programmer Renaud Bédard was the actual talent in the team that made FEZ.

Was about to say that. Nice to see a man of taste

Attached: tumblr_mlonvtPQN21rkmjxwo1_250.gif (250x281, 634K)

Except he was a great example of the cancer you're talking about.
Stop posting, Phil.

classic case of pretentious indie hipster
treated 'his' team like shit, thought he was more important than he was, shat on games far better than any garbage he could produce
deserved every single bad thing that happened to him

Attached: 1419854695762.png (1024x645, 369K)

this is phil fish

Attached: 2018-03-29 05-47-25.webm (1280x720, 569K)

I've never have guessed fish is made of soy.

Phil is right, the Japanese games industry went through a major collapse in quality last generation. Thankfully, five years or so in the mud made some of their more prominent developers wake up and accept outside influence, with the result being that Japan is once again producing great gaming content.

No not really. He pretty clearly has some severe psychological issues based on the way he consistently handled conflict; Not only was he always in the wrong, he was very deliberate in stirring the pot and exacerbating every single situation. He doesn't need to be worried about video games and the people who play them, he just needs a bunch of therapy for his personality disorder.

That's not Nigel Farage though.