How come there are first person shooters, third person shooters, but no second person shooters?

How come there are first person shooters, third person shooters, but no second person shooters?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (720x960, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=teOwOelncCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm sure there is, however, the only instance of second person gameplay I know is in battletoads.

Brap

They're called school shooters.

Brapologists don't know the answer yet. Maybe it lies in the BBC?

Attached: IMG_5898.jpg (463x540, 45K)

there is one on kongregate iirc

Traps are so cute!

who is this?

>second person shooters
isn't that Hatred, Hotline Miami and others like them?

A second person shooter would be from the enemy perspective

those exist actually

Screencheat comes to mind.

Isn't Siren Blood Curse a 2nd Person FPS?
Other games have done 2nd person though. Mario 64 and Psychonauts are among them.

>2nd person FPS
think about what you just said

>kongregate
thx for the epic flash backs (get it? flash is the browser plugin that most of the games on kopngregate run on also its nostalgic)

blackops2cel the patron saint of all incels

Shooter, whatever I'm tired.

Honestly why is there nothing like this?

I mean imagine a game which would switch to your enemy's perspective after you deal a killing blow to them, seeing their whole life just flashing before them, what their thoughts are moments before you killed them.

Damn this would be a heavy game.

Attached: jackie.gif (350x239, 483K)

mgr sorta had that for a minute and it got old fast

Certain bosses like the penultimate boss in Ape Escape and first boss in Battletoads are from a second person perspective

Boy do I have good news for you
Google "second person shooter kongregate"
I'd give you a direct link but I can't access my PC right now

this desu
>I signed up to kill people to pay for muh mum's cancer treatment :(((
heh whatever kid *slashes you in half vertically and crushes your spine*
斬奪

Because you haven't looked hard enough.

I know a guy who actually looks like this

he's a pussy slayer isnt he?

That was a meme name for the over the shoulder view of RE4 and Gears of War back in the day

I never know what to do when the second guy shows up in a first person shooter.

He knows what to do though because he always shoots at me, the first person he sees.

Attached: mitch-hedberg-internet.jpg (500x363, 76K)

It's in the making
m.youtube.com/watch?v=teOwOelncCc

Hey in a third person shooter that guy gets off scot-free too. What a great job. Where do I apply?

Attached: MV5BMTQ0NDAyNDg5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDUxNjEyMjE@._V1_UY317_CR104,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 11K)

Every first person shooter that has enemies shooting back at you is also a second person shooter. Although I wish there was a game where your goal is to get killed by enemies but they suck at shooting and therefore it's challenging.

Pretty sure incelops an heroed didn't he?

This could be set in France or Canada where you're a muslim attacking the cops.
>kill civilians, cops arrive and aim at you
>come at them with a machete, they avoid you while telling you to stop
>kill them one by one while the rest shouts "why all the violence", "stop or we'll shoot you" (they won't)

And since your goal was getting killed, if you kill your enemies, they win.

Not necessarily. it could be from any number of fixed camera angles, not necessarily from another characters perspective.

The Kane and Lynch sequel had some sequences in 2nd person (CCTV camera) iirc

Get this
> 2nd person instagib shooter that has Resident Evil tank controls
> Entire screen for you and the opponent is several rows and columns of fixed camera screens that are shuffled around
> Basic rules, shoot your opponent once and they're dead
> Whenever a person moves out of the camera's view they pop up in the view of another that's located somewhere in all of the camera screens.
> Random shit happens sometimes
> Temporary blackouts, reversed/flipped images, inverse colours, reshuffling of camera positions on the screen, vacant views get replaced by a different room, wallpaper/theme of all the views randomizes, random entities appear on the screen.

Attached: getaloadofthis.png (500x281, 184K)

No it wasn't.

The only thing that comes into my mind is Pacman 2 because u shoot at the environment and Pacman interacts directly to you(the player)