I'm a Bloodborne lore master

Joshua Howard
Joshua Howard

I'm a Bloodborne lore master. I've trained for three years to master the art of knowing about Bloodborne lore.

Ask me what you like about Bloodborne lore.

Attached: Madman's-Knowledge.png (171 KB, 410x410)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnEIczhY0QM&feature=youtu.be&t=46m2s

Connor Harris
Connor Harris

Did Maria get fucked by the Orpahn of Kos and did the pregnancy lead to her suicide?
We know the great ones used their tentacles for unholy reasons, and we see two characters in game get pregnant. And she had an obsession with him. Plus it would make sense cause if she was preggers the other hunters would hate her anyways
maybe doll is baby?

Justin Cooper
Justin Cooper

Did Maria get fucked by the Orpahn of Kos and did the pregnancy lead to her suicide?
No, the Orphan of Kos only exists in the Hunter's Nightmare. In the waking world, the child of Kos was taken.

and we see two characters in game get pregnant.
We see one, Arianna.

Plus it would make sense cause if she was preggers the other hunters would hate her anyways
maybe doll is baby?
What the hell are you babbling about now?

maybe doll is baby?
What?

Kevin Thompson
Kevin Thompson

have you read the 2nd issue of the bloodborne comic yet?

Eli Lee
Eli Lee

Why do those guys at the bottom of the healing church workshop wear butcher outfits?

Austin Butler
Austin Butler

Kos was taken.
Yeah by maria thats why she wasd protectring him

one
What about pregnant ghost baby abortion queen in the end of chalice dungeon?

babling
She killed herself cause other hunters were mad and hate, but what if it was cause she slept with big boy Kos

Doll is baby
The facts exist bro! The doll is in the dream and has connection with moon! What if the doll is a vesel and the soul is marias great one baby with Kos

Samuel White
Samuel White

and we see two characters in game get pregnant.
We see one, Arianna.

What about the fake iosefka at the end of the quest chain? you call yourself a LOREMASTER nigga?

Nathaniel Rogers
Nathaniel Rogers

I only watched a few VaatiVidya BB lore threads, so I don't know a lot of things.
Who is the doll and how is she connected to Maria? What was Maria doing in the clocktower?

Easton Foster
Easton Foster

So "the night of the hunt" is an eternal curse or something?

Carter White
Carter White

why was the Vileblood queen immortal?

John Evans
John Evans

How long do you intend to keep doing this? Don't you have anything better to spend your time on?

Juan Taylor
Juan Taylor

Damn bruh OP fuckin up

Jordan Stewart
Jordan Stewart

why does the dolls finger move in the second hunters dream? and why are there always a ton of bloodstains next to her?

Jordan Gomez
Jordan Gomez

the child of Kos was taken.
What do you base that on?

Noah Walker
Noah Walker

Bro as i stated above, the doll is a vesel of Marias kos baby and births are bloody

Dylan Powell
Dylan Powell

with these threads popping up over and over again, apparently she's just getting insight instead of being impregnated

Kevin Fisher
Kevin Fisher

really? but you get one third of an umbilical cord from her so that can't be true

Gavin Baker
Gavin Baker

Why doesn't my bread ever defrost evenly? It's always either still frozen in the middle or feels like it's about to melt on the outsides

Jayden Price
Jayden Price

Thats just wrong broski
You get ambilical cord so she must have a baby somewhere. Might be in her belly but in a secound dementiuon

John Bell
John Bell

Bro
its simple heat induction physics

Daniel Powell
Daniel Powell

So what can I do about it?

Jace Flores
Jace Flores

No.

I don't know.

She isn't pregnant, she has used a cord in order to line her brain with eyes, and phantasms are inhabiting her head and feasting on them.

The Doll is a doll made by Gehrman to be like Maria. Through the Hunter's Dream life was breathed into her. Maria is protecting the secrets of the Fishing Hamlet and Healing Church in the Astral Clocktower.

No, it occurs when the moon is full or someone beckons it, and it makes the scourge of the beast spread.

She's cursed with eternal life.

No.

The Doll is coming to life and people kill themselves next to her for some reason.

It says so in the baneful chants.

You get umbilical cords too, does that mean you're pregnant?

It might be the bread itself. Have you tried other types of bread, or defrosting it slowly in your fridge?

Wyatt James
Wyatt James

Why is Burgerworth so small but the lecture halls in the nightmare so big, can shit from the real world be transported into the nightmare, leaving no trace of it in the real world? can shit be taken from the nightmare and taken into the real world?

Aiden Allen
Aiden Allen

when does it come to pc

Benjamin Barnes
Benjamin Barnes

What's happening in the game?

James Bell
James Bell

The Doll is a doll made by Gehrman to be like Maria. Through the Hunter's Dream life was breathed into her. Maria is protecting the secrets of the Fishing Hamlet and Healing Church in the Astral Clocktower.

Okay, so what is the connection between Gherman and Maria. I swear I finished the game and looked up lore, but somehow I don't know these things.

Logan James
Logan James

gehrman was one of the first hunters and trained maria to be a hunter

Joseph Clark
Joseph Clark

No

They had to get rid of cursed bodies somehow

The doll is a toy made by a heartbroken Gehrman after she killed herself. And killing herself

Nah yo its only when the great ones influence is at it's peak, but it can be killed so not eternal

She was part of the family that had pure great one blood infused

First dreams influence

Lecture hall seems to have been used for student experiments on themselves. Burg was a small group of people, and yes you can steal upgrade materials and keep them can't you?

They smashed

Parker Cook
Parker Cook

Why didn't they just fly to mordor on the eagles?

Adam Butler
Adam Butler

Why is Burgerworth so small but the lecture halls in the nightmare so big
What's weird about that?

can shit from the real world be transported into the nightmare, leaving no trace of it in the real world? can shit be taken from the nightmare and taken into the real world?
Yes, you can pick up items in the Hunter's Nightmare and take them into the waking world, for example.

Gehrman loved Maria, his apprentice, but Maria didn't know. She died and Gehrman built the Doll in her image. Once Gehrman was granted the Hunter's Dream, the Doll came to life inside it, but she was a pale imitation of the real Maria.

Anthony Walker
Anthony Walker

Why Moon Presence is friend with Oedon but enemy for Mergo? And it's pretty clear that Moon Moon Presence doesn't cares about Kos too

Bentley Wilson
Bentley Wilson

The Moon Presence is not the enemy of Mergo. What makes you think that she is?

Zachary Reyes
Zachary Reyes

Because Mergo had the queens blood, making it insanely powerful and a credible threat if it matured

Charles Collins
Charles Collins

no but you get it from her body. Shes lying the with a huge belly on the table and then dies and you're saying she wasnt pregnant? even with the addition of the umbilical cord? naaaah i dont know about that

Zachary Myers
Zachary Myers

Yeah this dude a fool.

Christian Diaz
Christian Diaz

Why didn't I get the third ending even thought I took three umbilical chords ?

Ryan Lopez
Ryan Lopez

Cause Mr Arin Hanson, you have to actually consume them and not have them sitting in your inventory

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

NAMEFAG FIGHT

Attached: cripple-fight.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720)

Andrew Wright
Andrew Wright

They were hunters, they raided the Fishing Hamlet and were responsible for the murders and horrible experiments on innocents. Maria killed herself from the guilt and Gherman made a doll in her image because he missed her I guess.

Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

I "took" them, meaning I consumed all three
And I still got the shitty wheelchair ending

Robert Rodriguez
Robert Rodriguez

There is an impostor trying to take over my thread. If you find any survivors don't send them here.

You get it from her body because she's using it. She doesn't have a huge belly, and only dies if you kill her. Actually listen to her dialogue and look at what she's doing, she says they writhe inside her head and her head twitches. That isn't the behavior of someone who's pregnant.

You have to kill the Moon Presence as well.

Adam Morales
Adam Morales

Oh goddamned, I didn't realise "Maria" is actually the living memory of Maria in the dream.
Thanks for clearing that up.

David Collins
David Collins

Because main quest of game is killing Mergo. Not killing others little Great Ones. And by killing and consuming umbilical cords of other Great Ones you will make MP your enemy.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson

Look bro. I think you need some counseling, to stop you from bouncing off the walls when you get downsome.
The moon presence ends the contract with you when you kill Mergo. And from there you can either leave, contract as a teacher like the other guy, or kill the moon presence and become a great one. But the contract ending implies that killing Mergo was the main goal. Implying enemies

Ryder Lewis
Ryder Lewis

Why doesn't Moon Presence come to an arrangement with Micolash? He's using Mergo to lure a great one that's looking for a surrogate, Moon Presence is a great one looking for a surrogate, right?

Ethan Williams
Ethan Williams

Where did the great ones come from?

Is it possible for From to make a spiritual successor to BB by going Sci-Fi set in the great one's world?

Is DeS, DS and BB truly all connected?

Why is that old hag you saved by sending to church such a fucking bitch?

What happens to Iosefka's patients?

Zachary Rogers
Zachary Rogers

No, the main quest is not killing Mergo. It's making Mergo be quiet so the moon and the Great Ones go away and the hunt can end.

You don't have a contract with anyone except the blood minister who gives you blood ministration, and that's standard fare in Yharnam. Gehrman is the one who kills you, the Moon Presence doesn't even appear. You can be freed from the dream because the night is ending.

Bentley Myers
Bentley Myers

Because Mergo had the queens blood
Normal ending heavily implied that hunt will happens again. MP is rasist

Lucas Ward
Lucas Ward

the catacombs

Yes, and that'd be wicked

No, but if they made a fanservice game where you can explore all the worlds, that'd be dope

cause bitches be bitches nigga

they got murdered

Chase Campbell
Chase Campbell

Gehrman is a proxy for the MP though. He is bound by what it wants, and cant leave without its permission. so its by proxy

Jonathan Rodriguez
Jonathan Rodriguez

No, the main quest is not killing Mergo. It's making Mergo be quiet
Pure fanfiction. Post in-game source of your quiet bullshit, "loremaster"

Wyatt Gray
Wyatt Gray

the great ones are basically just lovecraft aliens, they always been around

Iosefkas patients get experimented on and turned into ayy-human hyrids

Zachary King
Zachary King

Why is the Church ashamed of the Fishing Hamlet, going to extreme lengths to stop anyone seeing it when it was Byrhenwerth who was responsible for the atrocities commited there?

What's the deal with Choir vs Mensis? They are both high up divisions of the Church but they seem like enemies, Mensis has tortured/imprisoned Choir Members in Yharhagul, Choir has a spy in Mensis, Mensis Scholar Damian NPC summon is specifically placed outside of both Ebrititas boss fights.

Henry Perry
Henry Perry

That's a good question, but I don't have the answer. All Great Ones are looking for surrogate children, and all Great Ones are beckoned. So why only Mergo's Wet Nurse shows up is indeed strange, especially because Mergo is being used as bait in a lunarium.

They come from the Great Beyond. Probably, but I don't think it would be a good idea. No. She hates outsiders, and you're one of them, and she hasn't had her fix. Iosefka uses old blood to make them into Celestial Emissaries to cure them of the scourge.

Michael Green
Michael Green

this "real enlightened madman hours" does not know what he's talking about

Caleb Phillips
Caleb Phillips

You don't have a contract with anyone except the blood minister
MP literally can instant kill you. All your powers belong to MP.

Jacob Morales
Jacob Morales

since great ones don't traditionally die, it could be both. the MP could want you to "kill" mergo, putting him to sleep in another dimension to end the hunt

Carter Anderson
Carter Anderson

Okay, the notes all say "silence Mergo's cry", and in other translations it's "stop the cry" or "soothe the Child of Blood." You can also hear Mergo gently snoozing after he stops crying once Mergo's Wet Nurse has been slain. There's also nothing that indicates your role is to kill Mergo.

Parker Nelson
Parker Nelson

Same reason if someone was murdered in your backyard, and it was set up as an inescapable frame, then you'd have to make sure the police don't find it either.

their differences are ideological, similar to communist V capitalist

Luis Brown
Luis Brown

Thank you, Real Enlightened Madman hours. You are a true mad nigga. Here is your internets. I don't have change.

Attached: 1258919173406.jpg (50 KB, 400x174)

Nathaniel Brooks
Nathaniel Brooks

Nigga stfu witcho lying ass

Thanks bro i appreciate it, it aint everyday i can shitpost, but i got bronchitis and being out of work means i have 6 AM fun

Nolan Green
Nolan Green

Because Byrgenwerth scholars founded the Healing Church.

What's the deal with Choir vs Mensis? They are both high up divisions of the Church but they seem like enemies, Mensis has tortured/imprisoned Choir Members in Yharhagul, Choir has a spy in Mensis, Mensis Scholar Damian NPC summon is specifically placed outside of both Ebrititas boss fights.
Mensis are scheming in secret to destroy the city by beckoning the moon, and the Choir doesn't think that's a good idea. Mensis also kidnaps people and shit.

Camden Cruz
Camden Cruz

Oh oh oh. What about ""silencing""" Orphan of Kos?

Kevin Scott
Kevin Scott

We don't have to fight bro. We can work together. You don't have to reword my answer and make it complicated, when it can be super simple. Answering the same question twice is a waste of time

Levi Morales
Levi Morales

how was rom transformed into a spider and granted eyes?

Anthony Morris
Anthony Morris

Yes, you do the same thing in the DLC as well. Infants are often involved in curses and rituals, because the Great Ones are interested in them,

Isaac Allen
Isaac Allen

She learned too much and the insight changed her. Kinda like how people went crazy in DS1 if they researched too much magic

Luke Perry
Luke Perry

Killing = silencing.

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

It's already dead. You're freeing it, not killing it.

Grayson Stewart
Grayson Stewart

Byrgenwerth experiments properly ascending her from human to a larval great one

Lucas Young
Lucas Young

You fucking consume the blood of Great Ones and give it to Moon Presence. What the fuck are you talking about? This is in game fact.

Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson

Just fuck off. It's immediately obvious that you don't know nearly as much as the other guy and if you think you do you can go make your own thread instead of trying to ruin this one like some attention starved child.

Jacob Anderson
Jacob Anderson

but how come they couldn't reproduce it?

Bentley Diaz
Bentley Diaz

That isn't what you're doing.

Chase Rogers
Chase Rogers

Just because you removed your name doesnt mean we arent still brothers bro. And nah he talks like he knows more, but he makes more jumps in logic then young kids in Mexico over walls

Aaron Ross
Aaron Ross

probably needed a lot resources, or they only recently figured it out

Dylan Wilson
Dylan Wilson

Attached: 1521068182305.jpg (374 KB, 840x840)

Austin Martinez
Austin Martinez

Dis nigga mad yo. Lmao ya mad nigga.

Gavin Cruz
Gavin Cruz

Did the Mensis ritual happen during the timeframe of the game, or did it happen (or at least start) fucking ages ago and it's effects are only visible once Rom is dead.

Yharhagul is designed in such a way to be painfully confusing.
People melted into the walls, looks like something terrible happened quite suddenly
only in the section of city you can't see pre-Bloodmoon

I honestly don't know if Fromsoft wanted me to assume that all those people got petrified (including the hall of Mensis Scholars) when the Bloodmoon was revealed. Which would be really lame to not SHOW that event happening.

Or, did those people get petrified a long time ago, and the Bloodmoon is allowing the results of thier work in the Nightmare to bleed back into waking world.

If they wanted it to be clear we should have been able to see petrified people pre-Bloodmoon (thus proving it happened ages ago). Or seen no petrified people pre-bloodmoon, but have them appear post-bloodmoon (thus proving they got petrified while we were away).

Carter Walker
Carter Walker

I don't know, I get the feeling the story surrounding Rom and Ebrietas was changed a few times and never finished.

James Anderson
James Anderson

Sure am bro. Mad with insight

Christopher Rodriguez
Christopher Rodriguez

Timeframe of the game. Proof is the prison level. You can go there before the ritual, and after.

Colton Smith
Colton Smith

jumps in logic
If you think that then you should point it out and criticize it when you see it. Reacting to it by shitposting like this is just making yourself look like an idiot.

Adam Phillips
Adam Phillips

Oi but why do i care if i look like an idiot on a chinese anonymous image board?
Im having fun doing my own thing, even if i seem like an idiot, its still an amazing way to reduce stress

Hudson Williams
Hudson Williams

Did the Mensis ritual happen during the timeframe of the game, or did it happen (or at least start) fucking ages ago and it's effects are only visible once Rom is dead.
This is a good question, and it is indeed very confusing. How I see it is that the game wants you to assume the Mensis ritual is recent, but the Nightmare of Mensis is not. Inside the Nightmare of Mensis, particularly where you find Mergo, they beckoned the moon. As for why there are petrified people going through walls and all the rest of it, I'm not sure. I can offer some likely incorrect speculation though. Maybe some Mensis people sacrificed a bunch of people in the plaza, so that when the red moon was finally beckoned, the Pthumerian women could use it to summon The One Reborn and protect the Nightmare of Mensis from intrusion. I don't think this is right, but it's something.

Jaxon Myers
Jaxon Myers

What exactly does Rom do, or what happened when we killed him?

Liam Smith
Liam Smith

hmm rare bug i guess?
but it leaves you something for the next playthrough!

Adrian Diaz
Adrian Diaz

Did you even read my post?

You visit prison pre-blood moon, but you can't see beyond the gate where all the petrified people are. So you can't tell if it's a boarded up relic from a disaster decades ago (bloodmoon that destroyed old Yharnam perhaps). Or if it's just a normal city with presumably 100s of very much alive people who arnt petrified yet.

Zachary Foster
Zachary Foster

If you think of the dreamlands as a bath filled with water and Rom as the plug, by killing Rom you remove the plug, and the dreamlands floods into the waking world.

Jace Brown
Jace Brown

Good Hunter your presence somehow soothes.... I sense the ancient echoes, they course your veins..
Even MP design inspired by leeches. This is entire point of BB. You kill shit and gives everything to him through Gherman or MP himself. He's your sugar daddy.

Attached: image-bloodborne-boss-07.jpg (380 KB, 1472x828)

Nolan Robinson
Nolan Robinson

I'd you really are a bb lore master, have you read the 90 page thesis. Have you written your own?

Attached: 1522311721354m.jpg (106 KB, 1024x693)

Owen James
Owen James

Does the doll have a full functioning pussy and ass?

Zachary Robinson
Zachary Robinson

its 6 am dawg and my posting powers are dying

In order to answer that we'd have to know if time works differently in the nightmare. We know in the dream its paused, but no one knows for the nighmare.
Since we cant use the nightmare as a reference.
However The One gets reborn nearly right after rom dies, implying rom was holding it all back. That would mean it happened before hand. Now since we just established Spider Man was holding it back, we know the ritual had to take place sometime after Rom turned into what he is. Cause if it was before nothing could of held it back.
Now Rom is recent. the old man that changed her is still alive.
So it had to have happened recently while rom was a spider. Whether it was 20 years ago, or the day before the hunt, is impossible to know

Leo Collins
Leo Collins

I feel like the Mensis ritual happened before the events in the game. The endless night started before you kill Rom and ends when the Mensis nightmare ends.

Gavin Torres
Gavin Torres

That's possible, though the Moon Presence is female. However, you're still not contracted to kill Mergo or whatever people think.

Leo Bailey
Leo Bailey

You're welcome to use whatever you find...Even the doll, should it please you...
what do you think?

Jaxson Edwards
Jaxson Edwards

you're still not contracted to kill Mergo
Proofs?

Ayden Lee
Ayden Lee

This is doubtful.

Angel Cox
Angel Cox

the contract MP gives ends when Mergo is "silenced"
implying thats the point of the contract you generic spaz

Joseph White
Joseph White

Could people from byrgenwerth or the church speak with the pthumerians?
Do they understand their language?

Ryan King
Ryan King

Enlightened fag BTFO

Isaiah White
Isaiah White

Was he created by design then? I always assumed he was a result of some freak experiment mishap. Do you think he was created reactively or proactively to ward off the dreamlands?

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

YOU GET UMBILICAL CORD AND NIGHTMARE SLAIN FROM HIM

Attached: 1521929822239.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)

Hunter Young
Hunter Young

I provided proof ITT already, but if that's not enough for you, I'd be happy to contend with whatever evidence there is for a contract to kill Mergo.

No, the hunt ends after Mergo is silenced. Your job is to end the hunt, which is achieved by making the moon go away.

Pthumerians speak English. In 1.00, the Snatchers even have a word of dialogue as they attack you. It's "kill..." and they found like zombies.

Rom was granted eyes by Kos, that's all I know.

You get the cord that Mensis used to contact Mergo with in the first place. If it was Mergo's cord, Mensis wouldn't have been able to use it to find Mergo, because first they'd need to find Mergo to obtain Mergo's cord so they could contact Mergo. Additionally, the Abandoned Workshop cord is Mergo's cord. In the artworks book this is made clear. You also get "Nightmare Slain" from freeing Orphan and allowing him to return to the ocean.

Christian Long
Christian Long

Cut content proves that Micolash was interactable pre-bloodmoon at one point. Presumably you could go talk to him in Advent Plaza pre-rom.

Also another cut dialogue has him exclaiming how they created thier own dream (or something like that), in reference to Mensis Nightmare.

But that isn't canon any more. Like most of cut content it seems to have been retconned and not just cut. Especially since Micolash's voice actor apperently changed. Which is why he's credited to two people.

Micolash seems to be a very odd character in how the game was developed. Extremely early scripts (which are still on the disk ffs) seem to have Willem and Micolash as the same person. But later on it almost seems like Micolash (as in "Madman who creates a nightmare and tries to beckon Great One) would be Porto-Laurence (as in Good Hunters friend who came to Yharnam with them and had an explicit contract with Gehrman Laurence, not "founder of the church" Laurence).

It seems like there wasn't even different drafts of the script. Just constant re-writing of different parts over the top of eachother. Eventually ending up with something that made no sense, so they cut off a bunch and made the plot holes so big they didn't look like mistakes anymore, but """deliberate ambiguity"""

Andrew Gutierrez
Andrew Gutierrez

I provided proof ITT already
No.

Benjamin Baker
Benjamin Baker

You get the cord that Mensis used to contact Mergo with in the first place. If it was Mergo's cord
Fanfiction.

Juan Kelly
Juan Kelly

It says so in the item description. Here it is: "Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains."

Ian Gutierrez
Ian Gutierrez

Legit question
The plague was started by cursed blood right?
Theres a cut boss called "The Great One" and is a kin werewolf hybrid thingy.(found at Glyph arkhv2vs)
Is that the great one thats blood started the curse? and interestingly enough they made the ghlyph have "arc" it in, implying thats where it all began

Jaxson Phillips
Jaxson Phillips

It seems like there wasn't even different drafts of the script. Just constant re-writing of different parts over the top of eachother. Eventually ending up with something that made no sense, so they cut off a bunch and made the plot holes so big they didn't look like mistakes anymore, but """deliberate ambiguity"""
I completely agree with you. I think this is largely why the plot is so threadbare, and your two main objectives, to seek Paleblood and silence Mergo, are given to you via small boxes of text.

Gavin Clark
Gavin Clark

I don't think so, I think it's more like humankind is "cursed by the beast" inherently. How the scourge of the beast works is that it erodes your reason by destroying your eyes, which is referred to as being blood-drunk, and then the blood, which is a catalyst / medium, only has beasthood left over in man to tease out. It's not like a foreign disease, it's more like something that's already in you is activated.

Joshua Torres
Joshua Torres

imo, both of these lore masters' answers are pretty lackluster
abandoning thread

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

Oh yeah i forgot, after you get nightmare slaine and the cord, if you play Gascognes music box, the baby laughs, meaning it didnt die

Wyatt Wilson
Wyatt Wilson

what is paleblood and who is telling you to seek it?

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

You get the cord that Mensis used to contact Mergo with in the first place. If it was Mergo's cord, Mensis wouldn't have been able to use it to find Mergo, because first they'd need to find Mergo to obtain Mergo's cord so they could contact Mergo.

They're in the nightmare though. One theory I always had was the Cord was Mergo's waking world umbilical cord, found in Dungeons where Mergo was still-birthed (since every great one loses it child) or even forciably ripped out of Yharnam (bloody dress and all that). Mergo only exists in Nightmare so Mensis could use the cord they stole to find a "alive" version of Mergo in a nightmare dimension.

Lucas White
Lucas White

Oh
Hey though wanna play bloodborne sometime? Drop your psn and ill add you

Sebastian Adams
Sebastian Adams

EEEEAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHRHHHH
what did he mean by this

Attached: micolash.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080)

Isaac Mitchell
Isaac Mitchell

Is any of it real or is it all just a dream

Angel Richardson
Angel Richardson

Additionally, the Abandoned Workshop cord is Mergo's cord
But
"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream."

John Evans
John Evans

what are the "baneful chants"?
Are they large?

Lincoln Wright
Lincoln Wright

interestingly enough they made the ghlyph have "arc" it in, implying thats where it all began

Glyph codes are randomly generated.

Also that glyph only has that enterance code because someone (Zullie) hacked into the game and tricked it into thinking it was a Pthumeru Root dungeon (so everyone has acsess), originally it was only accessible via dev command.

Jack Mitchell
Jack Mitchell

but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains
What did they mean by this? Also who is Mergo? She kind of sounds like a great one, but isn't she Queen Yharnam's baby? Is everyone sterile or something or why did they have to go for that baby of all babies? I'm so confused.

Aiden Morris
Aiden Morris

after you get nightmare slaine and the cord, if you play Gascognes music box, the baby laughs
Not true

Joseph King
Joseph King

That's a myth.

"Miyazaki: Right. I had considered making that a little easier to understand… but we wound up going with that. I think there are two different ways you could interpret “paleblood” here. One is the color of the sky after you defeat the Vacuous Spider and the Mensis secret ritual is revealed. The sky there is a very pale blue, like a body drained of blood. I think there's also a message placed in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village that calls back to that. This is before the ritual is revealed, so when you're kidnapped and go to Yahar'gul, you don't know what it could mean yet. Then, after the ritual, you could look at it again and it'll dawn on you… That was my intention, anyway, but I have to admit, that's probably a bit tough to pick up on (laughs). But either way, this leads to the interpretation that “seek paleblood” refers to uncovering that ritual and putting a stop to it."

You wrote the note, in Japanese it says "note to one's self."

That's possible.

Right, and this is how the artworks book tells it.

Attached: Yharnam.jpg (792 KB, 2714x1920)

Jaxon Johnson
Jaxon Johnson

They sacrificed their minds to enter or create the Nightmare of Mensis
Mergo is Queen Yarnham's baby, but QY was impregnated by a Great One so her baby is a Great One.
I don't think it's ever stated who the Great One father is but there are theories it's Odeon.

Owen Martin
Owen Martin

No, I don't remember where to listen to the baneful chants, but it's what the Fishing Hamlet residents are repeating. "Mother is dead, her child taken" is one line.

In Japanese it specifies the Mensis scholars became the Mensis Brain. It's like their wish to ascend had been granted, but in a twisted way. It's similar to how Gehrman's wish for Maria granted him a living doll.

Mergo is a Great One and Yharnam's baby. I don't understand the rest of what you're saying.

Jaxon Russell
Jaxon Russell

who is the blood minister or who does he work with/for?

Levi Myers
Levi Myers

pic
Now this is confusing. MP is some kind of onii-chan or something? Why he's dick then? Because he's weak as fuck? Or he was beckoned only because of Oedon?

Attached: 1521800815524.jpg (98 KB, 382x394)

Jayden Evans
Jayden Evans

I wouldn't take art book placement too seriously.

By same logic Oedon and Moon Presance are the same entity.

John Richardson
John Richardson

Maybe misprint?

Robert Russell
Robert Russell

I don't understand the rest of what you're saying.
I'm asking why they chose Yharnam's baby to lure out the great ones. But since I know now that her baby is a great one I guess that means that they needed a surrogate great one child, not just any child, to lure them out. And I guess it's likely Oedon's child since the baby seems to be formless?

Nolan Brooks
Nolan Brooks

Attached: DZcpaWnU8AAf9yi.jpg (118 KB, 1200x675)

Oliver Stewart
Oliver Stewart

Not true, Oedon is just mentioned alongside the Moon Presence, potentially as an inadvertent worshipper.

Yes.

What?

Dylan Lewis
Dylan Lewis

Or whoever made the artbook just went with "umbilical cord and pregnant woman, that makes sense to put together".

Seriously, the Japan Studio producer for BB admitted in the interview that he had no clue what was going on in story. Do you think whoever complied a book of artwork does?

And quality control does not exist. If the OFFICAL GUIDE can release with blatantly wrong mathematical information, subjective stuff like arrangement of artwork and possible lore implications likely went un-cared for.

Kevin Foster
Kevin Foster

There's a bit more explanation of Great One Beast's role too.

Attached: capture.png (24 KB, 1596x154)

Asher Hall
Asher Hall

Lore-fags, hear me out:

The Old Ones can not reproduce naturally, for whatever reason, and their children die before they are born. This leaves behind nothing but an umbilical cord (and a possible body), belonging to that dead child of the stars.

And as such, they yearn for a child above all else. Through meddling and partially lost arcane knowledge, a human/humanoid can ascend and become a lesser Great One, possibly by consuming their blood/flesh. This a method discovered by the ancient Pthumerians, as evident by Ebrietas, who was discovered in the labyrinth. The Old Ones can also forcibly impregnate humans/pthumerians either by choice or randomly, which is not explained.

The old blood discovered in the labyrinths was that of Ebrietas. Not true blood of the Great Old Ones, as she was but a mutt. This blood was tainted and turned men into horrible beasts when they came in contact with the eldritch Old Ones, whose presence and yearning for a child "activated" the blood's horrible properties, for it belonged to a child of an Old One. And as it has been said a multitude of times, "Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate.".

It is this yearning that drives forward the plot of the game. The School of Mensis obtained the Umbilical Cord that came from Mergo and used it to locate her body in the dreamworld. Mergo was Queen Yharnam's child but because she was not a pure human/pthumerian (having partaken in rituals related to the old blood), her child died just like the children of Old Ones do. This Old One cursed her and her kin with immortality.

The goal of the game, is to silence Dream-Mergo's cry. The Wet Nurse is an entity whose purpose is to keep Mergo crying (perhaps it's the School of Mensis, or rather their collective conscience). They are trying beckon some Old One to make contact with them by "broadcasting" this non-existent child Old One's cry.

[p 1/2]

David Phillips
David Phillips

is ashen blood just a disease?

Logan Stewart
Logan Stewart

yeah

Nicholas Harris
Nicholas Harris

It's been a while, should I go Str/Arc, Str/Skill or just plain Str?

Camden Wright
Camden Wright

What?
You claim that
"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains."
is not Mergo's cord but
"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream."
Is Mergo's cord. Because of strange artbooks screen.
Everything is confusing and does not make any sense. The entire
MP wants Mergo go away because Mergo had the queens blood, making it insanely powerful and a credible threat if it matured
make no sense. Nothing make any sense now because of your screen.

Ryan Fisher
Ryan Fisher

The Old Ones can not reproduce naturally, for whatever reason, and their children die before they are born. This leaves behind nothing but an umbilical cord (and a possible body), belonging to that dead child of the stars.
Already sounds like fanfiction.

Charles Russell
Charles Russell

MP wants Mergo go away because Mergo had the queens blood, making it insanely powerful and a credible threat if it matured
I didn't say that, there's an impostor ITT who said that.

Xavier Richardson
Xavier Richardson

Tell me your fanfiction version.

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

My version isn't a fanfiction version, it's just what happens. Mergo's cry is a lure for the Great Ones because they yearn for a surrogate child, so in order to make the moon go away and end the hunt you need to silence Mergo's cry.

Owen Collins
Owen Collins

And I noticed plothole.
You get the cord that Mensis used to contact Mergo with in the first place. If it was Mergo's cord, Mensis wouldn't have been able to use it to find Mergo, because first they'd need to find Mergo to obtain Mergo's cord so they could contact Mergo.
Mergo was born in physical world like other Great Ones. Nothing contradicts.

Eli Turner
Eli Turner

Mergo's cry is a lure for the Great Ones
Proofs?

Angel Roberts
Angel Roberts

I AM Bloodborne. Prove me wrong.

Colton Rogers
Colton Rogers

Okay, but Mergo's cord is the Abandoned Workshop cord.

"Miyazaki: I don't know where that came from (laughs). But in the world of Bloodborne, babies that are treated as “special” in one way or the other are offered as lures to the Great Ones. The Great Ones have all lost their children because of their positions, and as a result, they're attracted to these special babies. The babies are one way of calling them."

Additionally, when the red moon descends you hear Mergo's cry, the Mensis ritual is about beckoning the moon, and you find Mergo in a lunarium.

Ryder Collins
Ryder Collins

By consuming three umbilical cords belonging to these dead Great Ones, you "line your brain with eyes". This essentially means that you direct the eyes of the Great Ones towards YOU. You become a beacon. A would-be "child" of the Great Old Ones.

This is why the Moon Presence "attacks" you when you consume those cords. First, you kill his surrogate child Gherman and then you taunt his presence even further by appearing as a child Old One to his senses. He comes to find not a replacement for Gherman but a usurper who has devoured the essence of his bretheren.

You then kill him, devour TRUE Old Blood (Paleblood) and ascend to become a true Child of the Stars. Not a mutant hybrid, not a still-born child and certainly no Beast but a proper, living and breathing child of the Great Old Ones. In their quest for Kinship, the Old Ones never realized that to bear a child, they would have to die themselves.

This is also why the Orphan lives in the Nightmare where Kos lies dead. The First Hunters killed her and one of them consumed her blood, becoming the Orphan. However, Gherman and Maria killed that child in its infancy and buried the secret there. Maria took her life for having learned too much and her spirit guards that secret in the Hunters' Nightmare.

In the true ending, the Doll (who was molded from Gherman's memory of Maria) fosters the PC after their ascensions. Mirroring reality, where she must have been the one who silenced the Orphan. But not before the Moon Presence was beckoned and took Gherman as his own.

[p 2/2]

Josiah Parker
Josiah Parker

reddit spacing
headcanon
A thread died for this

Grayson Hill
Grayson Hill

What is the deal with Iosephka and Fake Iosephka? Why is Fake Iosephka pregnant and why is she turning people into Ayy LAMAOs?

Nolan Murphy
Nolan Murphy

Does the ancestral emissary poo? Hypothetically how would taste eating the doll's ass?
Are great ones open with interspecies relationships?

Bentley Hughes
Bentley Hughes

She isn't pregnant, she has used a cord in order to line her brain with eyes, and as a result she's feeding phantasms in her head, which are giving her revelations. She's turning people into Celestial Emissaries in an effort to cure mankind of their beasthood and stupidity.

Caleb Sullivan
Caleb Sullivan

This is not proof.
Mergo's cry is a lure for the Great Ones

Connor Hall
Connor Hall

If you're asking for something that says "Mergo's cry is luring the Great Ones", I don't have that.

Josiah Cooper
Josiah Cooper

reddit spacing
yeah
we
should
just
type
this
am
i
right
my
fellow
Sup Forums
artisan
of
only
the
highest
quality
memes
jokes
and
content
sure
love
reading
massive
walls
of
text
on
a
website
without
any
methods
of
formatting
text
beyond
making
new
lines
sure
looks
good
and
is
easy
to
read
and
totally
not
an
eyesore

Thomas Baker
Thomas Baker

she's feeding phantasms in her head, which are giving her revelations.
Shouldn't she instead become retarded because things are eating her brain, or turn into a monster?

Luis White
Luis White

Yeah. Moon Presence is Mergo.

John Hill
John Hill

No, because the things that are eating her internal eyes are also giving her internal eyes. Though when a phantasm has eaten everything there is, who they're inhabiting does indeed become retarded. That's what Brainsuckers are.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Gavin Rivera
Gavin Rivera

How did you come to that conclusion?
Same cords. Moon. Moon Presence. MP is Mergo from future.

Eli Miller
Eli Miller

The cord you get from Mergo isn't Mergo's cord. I think that's where you're getting confused.

Christian Richardson
Christian Richardson

Freezing bread
What kind of abomination are you?

Robert Adams
Robert Adams

No, because the things that are eating her internal eyes are also giving her internal eyes. Though when a phantasm has eaten everything there is, who they're inhabiting does indeed become retarded. That's what Brainsuckers are.
Firstly: If they eat eyes and also give eyes, how can they ever eat all the eyes in someones head?
Secondly: Why would the bloodborne people even bother, the only thing blood and insight seems to do to most people is make them a retard or a monster in the long term. I asked last thread and you said because it makes them more divine but that still doesn't seem very sensible to gamble for a 1% chance of becoming a great one and a 99% chance of becoming a beast or worse.
In fact, isn't the hunter ending were he ascents the only case of a human becoming a great one in the bloodborne world?

Tyler Powell
Tyler Powell

Firstly: If they eat eyes and also give eyes, how can they ever eat all the eyes in someones head?
It's unclear, but it seems to depend upon the host. Celestial Emissaries are capable of hosting phantasms long-term, it seems, but regular humans suffer negative effects, e.g. Adeline, Willem, impostor Iosefka.

Why would the bloodborne people even bother, the only thing blood and insight seems to do to most people is make them a retard or a monster in the long term. I asked last thread and you said because it makes them more divine but that still doesn't seem very sensible to gamble for a 1% chance of becoming a great one and a 99% chance of becoming a beast or worse.
In Yharnam the aim of mankind is to find truth and know truth. Blood and insight are the best ways to accomplish this. When you listen to Micolash and impostor Iosefka, it's clear that they think of themselves as retarded monsters already anyway.

In fact, isn't the hunter ending were he ascents the only case of a human becoming a great one in the bloodborne world?
Not necessarily. There might be Rom and some others too.

Hudson Cook
Hudson Cook

Okay. You persuaded me a little. I revised old ideas. Still don't think this "Mergo's cry is luring the Great Ones" is truth. But all Moon Presence motivations looks silly now. He's...completely good guy. Absolutely. And this is hard to believe.

Matthew Mitchell
Matthew Mitchell

does the doll fart haha asking for a friend

Hudson Williams
Hudson Williams

What do you find hard to believe about Mergo's cry luring the Great Ones? Nightmarish rituals crave a newborn, find one and silence its harrowing cry. Madman toil surreptitiously to beckon the moon. Uncover their secrets. You find Mergo in a lunarium too. It may not necessarily be true that Mergo's cry beckons the Great Ones directly, but it seems that it beckons the moon, and when the moon is beckoned the Great Ones descend.

Blake Hall
Blake Hall

That makes more sense yes. Since the blood is addictive and has short term benefits I could already sort of understand why the common people would use the blood, but I didn't quite understand yet why the people up top who did knew the risk used it too. Now it makes more sense why they all would risk it if the truth is their ultimate goal.

Also, how do you know those things about phantasms?

Jonathan Clark
Jonathan Clark

It says what phantasms do in the Milkweed rune, and phantasms being attracted to eyes is demonstrated in the Blacksky Eye and in Brainsuckers. Micolash asks for eyes to be "planted" on his brain, and in a cord description it implies that lining your brain with eyes entails something ominous. In Bloodborne, people are like fruit. You ascend by flowering and blooming, and you attract good spirits that give you knowledge and elevate you, or you get old, stagnant and rot, which attracts foul spirits that consume you. This is the contrast between vermin and phantasms.

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

"moon presence" is literally satan. The hunters are borrowing demonic power from it but the thing has no goal of its own beyond making sure that the deal is honored. You could almost think of him as the hunter's spirit animal or something. You literally start the game via making a "contract" in blood. The dream has a fucking possessed doll and a victim of said deal inside it. All of the great ones are allegories or for the very least heavily borrow from religion or myths

Moon Presence= satan
Kos= god's monster, leviathan
Oedon= god, except blood is his image rather than man
Amygdala= Artemis, the goddess of hunt and the moon with a "choir" of little children

Landon Murphy
Landon Murphy

Very interesting.
Would you also know why the whore dies if you kill her child, and is the child a true great one?

Ian Ortiz
Ian Ortiz

I think the Moon Presence is based on a Roman goddess called Flora, which is associated with flowers, drinking and beast hunts.

It's hard to tell, because I think that bit of the game is heavily censored. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like Mergo, so a human looking baby.

Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

I think the Moon Presence is based on a Roman goddess called Flora, which is associated with flowers, drinking and beast hunts.

sounds fitting if you filter out everything that he actually does which is bestow the hunters with power with shackles attached

Its possible though that either one of the ideas was at the base and the second layer of inspiration was put onto it to make the being more complex. However, every single one of the theories related to the presence being in any way responsible or even interested in the hunt is just that, theories. There is no evidence that the paleblood sky/ the moon themselves are the same entity or force as the presence nor that the Flora dialogue would actually refer to the entity which is explicitly not named by the relatively objective ingame meta-narrator

Mason Watson
Mason Watson

Amygdala is low tier generic Great One

Juan Watson
Juan Watson

There is no evidence that the paleblood sky/ the moon themselves are the same entity or force as the presence nor that the Flora dialogue would actually refer to the entity which is explicitly not named by the relatively objective ingame meta-narrator
In the cut content Gehrman says Flora will descend from the moon and devour someone. In the Doll's dialogue she uses an "O" which is a poetic apostrophe that's used to evoke an entity that isn't around, and considering she says "of the moon, of the dream" she can't be talking about the flowers, because they are around, and Flora is a proper noun, so I think it's likely the Moon Presence.

Henry Ward
Henry Ward

Explain to me why the grand cathedral, the staircase to the onus of the healing church, the great altar with Laurences skull on it has the way littered with statues of this "generic" Great one wielding giant harpoons/lances

I might even go as far as to imply that Amygdala is not only borrowing from Artemis (the goddess of the hunt, of the moon, and the daughter of zeus) but also from saint Michael, the leader of heavens armies against hell. Amygdala is one of the only true Great ones that attacks you on sight and its because youre literally the cross of leviathan walking into his holy ground. Hunters are the objectively "evil" faction here in terms of alignment even if their goals justify the means

Im aware, but even in this thread it has already been established that content from the game has been cut for reasons other than "we didnt have time". The game has been rewritten over and over again and in pretty giant ways considering how Laurence was originally going to be more like the initial pitch for Oscar

Attached: 1497286551819.png (326 KB, 500x500)

Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark

Only if you treat mp as good guy and not Nyarlathotep hybrid.

Attached: 13215437509809-09.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080)

Thomas Butler
Thomas Butler

Im aware, but even in this thread it has already been established that content from the game has been cut for reasons other than "we didnt have time". The game has been rewritten over and over again and in pretty giant ways considering how Laurence was originally going to be more like the initial pitch for Oscar
I've talked to a well known content creator who worked on the official guide, and according to him, late in development a lot of the story was removed for no other reason than making it obscure. He got to read the full story too, without having to interpret things slowly as an outsider, so I take his view on it seriously. Clearly a lot of things were re-written, but this guy mentioned on his channel straight up that Flora is the name of the Moon Presence, and he was disappointed that it was made so unclear for no reason.

Wyatt Gomez
Wyatt Gomez

when the fuck are you going to get laid you wet dreaming fucking nerd

Kevin Bennett
Kevin Bennett

How am I supposed to know that?

Anthony King
Anthony King

I've talked to a well known content creator who worked on the official guide
0/10

Oliver Murphy
Oliver Murphy

I've talked to a well known content creator who worked on the official guide,

ENB?

late in development a lot of the story was removed for no other reason than making it obscure.

I have no doubt about this, but in this particular case either the game is cheating or the name "Flora" has zero significance. The presence is directly referred to as having no name of its own

Flora is the name of the Moon Presence

Then why call it the "nameless moon presence"?

Landon Miller
Landon Miller

BB using concepts of Dream Cycle. Why Amygdala being generic sound so strange to you? Lesser Great Ones. Ebrietas is generic too. They don't even have their own nightmares and meta powers.

Jacob Taylor
Jacob Taylor

No, AGermanSpy: youtube.com/watch?v=qnEIczhY0QM&feature=youtu.be&t=46m2s

Then why call it the "nameless moon presence"?
The people who wrote that note don't know its name. The Doll, and Gehrman, being in the Hunter's Dream and interacting with it, do.

Lincoln Williams
Lincoln Williams

What you like about Bloodborne lore?

Thomas Miller
Thomas Miller

AGermanSpy
Are you telling me that this guy is Japanese developer of BB? Cool Story.

Lucas Powell
Lucas Powell

My favorite thing is that it's a nuanced take on religion.

No, he worked on the official guide. Everyone who worked on the guide got to know the full story, but they're all under a NDA. That's why ENB and the like don't make any lore videos.

Jace Foster
Jace Foster

Except that "Laurence and his associates" (aka Gehrman as well) are literally the people who beckoned the creature, meaning that they all would have known its name presumably. The game itself refers to it as nothing but "moon presence" and with even better, more abstract names in the other translations. The finnish translation is probably my favorite from the ones that I know since the creature is basically referred to as the feeling that comes from moonlight just like how the sun burns you

Robert Harris
Robert Harris

No, he worked on the official guide. Everyone who worked on the guide got to know the full story, but they're all under a NDA. That's why ENB and the like don't make any lore videos.
No they don't.

Ryder Wright
Ryder Wright

The "nameless" part is something the translators added for no reason.

Owen Wright
Owen Wright

My favorite thing is that it's a nuanced take on religion.
Could you elaborate.

Eli Wilson
Eli Wilson

The note wasn't written by Laurence and his associates though. That aside, I don't think they'd necessarily have to know its name in order to beckon it. Some say Kos and some say Kosm too.

You can either by convinced by this, or you can believe that AGermanSpy is lying. I don't care which you think sounds more believable.

Lincoln Moore
Lincoln Moore

Post original line.

Oliver Hill
Oliver Hill

Why is Maria so cute?

Attached: 1486934251719.jpg (109 KB, 600x840)

Parker Allen
Parker Allen

ローレンスたちの月の魔物。「青ざめた血」

Ayden Harris
Ayden Harris

You can either by convinced by this, or you can believe that AGermanSpy is lying
You're just delusional. Game developed and written by Japanese people. Not your ecelebs. Jesus Christ. All your lore bullshit is probably from VaatiVidya

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit