FFXIV

I resubbed 2 days ago. Any tips for this Eureka thing? I'm just following the "Fate Trains" and I'm still level 6, am I doing something wrong?

Also, confy FFXIV thread

Attached: final-fantasy-xiv-storm-blood.png (1200x630, 595K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xivdb.com/item/15450/meandering mog slippers
xivdb.com/item/8561/crescent moon slippers
reddit.com/r/ffxivleviathan/comments/7o46k0/lf_roleplayers_interested_in_founding_a_server/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Level 1-3 you just solo/duo shit.
Level 4-6 is the same, just slower. Faster with a group, but still unspeakably dull.
Level 6-8 you try joining the FATE trains and weep from sheer fucking boredom as you're literally unable to do anything 99% of the time
Level 9 you unlock the aetheryte access, goddamn finally.
Level 10-12+ you start getting decent rewards from most FATEs
Level 17+ you get mount access
Level 19+ you'll probably drop everything you're doing and start shouting "IZ PAIZURI UP" every six femtoseconds like all the other retards
Level 20 who gives a shit, you should already have finished your relics, gotten all the lockbox items, etc
>Any tips for this Eureka thing?
Either help spawn shit, or go sit in the corner doing absolutely nothing.
If you do decide to stand in the corner, don't emote spam like the fucking cancerous waifufag dickshits.
Have at least a basic understanding of what sight aggro is, and how to avoid mobs and AoEs.
If you start talking shit about the people who are actually putting effort into spawning NMs and helping people, don't be even slightly surprised if people stop raising you when you inevitably die.
Laugh at people who get salty about people not raising their retarded asses.

It's about right, You'll not be able to do much for a while until the teens. Just get in some hits and help as needed. Hope you leveled a class with raise.

You have bought your megaflare emote and carbuncle slippers, right?

Attached: i wonder who is behind this post.jpg (565x600, 126K)

Is there a reason to keep doing Eureka? I gave up after I hit lvl 9. Not that it was terribly bad or anything, but I missed 4.2 and would just rather catch up with other stuff than do Eureka atm. That and I don't care about relic weapons/gear.

Attached: 1522198893163.png (840x523, 397K)

Got to 14, does the train get any easier now? More gains?

you shouldn't be bothering to farm regular mobs at that point, just wait for the NMs to start poppin

There's absolutely no reason to do Eureka besides the relic. Unless you want the mount and XI stuff.

It's what I have been doing 1-14

if the relic weapon keeps 5 slots then you will want that weapon when it upgrades over the course of the next tiers

Chaining monster kills is faster than doing fates for xp, but fates give out a shitload of crystals
Just watch netflix or jerk off or something while u wait for the fate to spawn

Yeah I'm SMN and RDM. I'm just worried because I'm supposed to lose exp every time I die now and walking as a low lvl following the train is like walking in a mine field

Call out an sos with your when u die, someone will come and get u

>Chaining monster kills is faster than doing fates for xp

Is that true? I expent yesterday chaining monsters starting at lvl1. Each monster gave around 30-50 exp needing +2000 to level up. The first NM I killed gave me +6000 exp. Of course I'm not getting magicites this way and it's boooring as fuck.

You won't get EXP for fighting normal enemies at the fate train unless you're in a small group with players all within a couple levels of each other and the enemies aren't way over or under your level. You get a dump of EXP after each fate, but in my opinion, a sustained chain of normal monsters would be just as effective, and you're more likely to get crystal drops for your gear.

>Mfw people who afk or follow the train without doing anything belittle or mock anyone who actually work on spawning stuff and ask them to move their ass
>Mfw said cunts report anyone who tries to MPK them, even by mistake
Eureka is great they said
It's like FFXI they said

Attached: 1508987235179.jpg (603x558, 106K)

Both methods are grindy and boring but this guy is right
Fates are slower but most everyone does them because u can do other shit while u wait

>retarded low leves stand in monster spawn zones
>cry when they die
Little bastards deserved it

>way below enemy level
>still fight them
My 100-300 damage is helping :)

Mount and a small bit of lore. You can also make a pretty penny selling materia from lootboxes.

I’m tired of opening lockboxes desu.

You're sure helping by bringing all these adds to the boss too

Don’t be silly, I’m already at the boss. I can’t bring water serpents to Amarok without being oneshotted :^)

Tfw level 7

Hate this shit man

If u can follow the train, but also coordinate your group of 7 other shitheads to chain farm mobs away from other parties u get the best of both worlds. A single player putside of your party tagging your target reduces your xp gain by a fuckton, so good luck chaining.

Enjoy your grind.

Attached: 87uk1z007co01.png (1199x835, 57K)

So this is for the relic gear and weapon? 1 Job only then. Gotta be the RDM

By the time I reached level 19 I had more than enough crystals for weapon+armor, getting a second one sounds horrible though, but I guess being max level it won't be so bad.

It wasn’t that bad desu, I didn’t grind endlessly and it took me just under a week for the anemos gear.
The benefit of it this time is that you don’t have to level every class back up to 19-20. That’s the hard part, of you wanna get them all then getting anemos crystals is incredibly easy at max level

What gives the ameoba crystals

NM fates

I bought the carbuncle slippers if only because I needed them for my casual glam and there's no other slipper-like footwear in the game.

people act like getting crystals is hard

by the time you are level 19 and can make relics, you'll have enough crystals for 2-3 relics and armor sets

>there's no other slipper-like footwear in the game.

xivdb.com/item/15450/meandering mog slippers
xivdb.com/item/8561/crescent moon slippers

reddit.com/r/ffxivleviathan/comments/7o46k0/lf_roleplayers_interested_in_founding_a_server/
Are they still active?

Well shit, those crescent moon ones are perfect for what I had in mind.

Oh well.

Attached: 1495517343236.jpg (1024x730, 97K)

I bet you are one of those retards who buys iron ore for 5k gil from MB when vendors sell it for 50 gil

I'm not that retarded/desperate.

>get into character
>want to role play
>find out all rp is erp
>apparently i am the only person who did NOT make a slutty cat girl to erp with
FUCKING DEGENERATES

>FUCKING DEGENERATES
This. The erp meme is real. Have seen it first hand.
Not even on balmung.

Attached: 1507135555994.gif (264x240, 2.37M)

If a whole bunch of people are running together, someone will generally notice you're dead and rez you along the way. Worst case scenario you die somewhere all alone, you can just shout your position and some good samaritan will come rez you.