What are some games with rock or metal for their OSTs?

What are some games with rock or metal for their OSTs?
I feel like they're very rare these days where every other composer tries to be atmospheric like Hans Zimmer or try to copy Yuki Kaijura's repetitive one-woman wail orchestras.
I miss when games would dish out a sick ass guitar riffs then paired with face melting vocals like Twisted Metal, but I guess that would be too video gamey and not "art" like what most devs these days want.

Attached: 1518013128029.jpg (630x420, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8rtGEQCYCI
youtube.com/watch?v=vLIszDR0g9c
youtube.com/watch?v=4EG7Ox8uxgw
youtube.com/watch?v=flfyG6AJXe8
youtube.com/watch?v=_Myxcw8lkUo
youtube.com/watch?v=-1TzVMXdU64
youtube.com/watch?v=jiDguHfPCDU
youtube.com/watch?v=h0RrAspbbRU
youtube.com/watch?v=UH9ZS_DtfBw
youtube.com/watch?v=GWCowljfU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=7ElGLHFTXEI
youtube.com/watch?v=SFU0Yf1Hlck
youtube.com/watch?v=hIJxmp5ls_A
youtube.com/watch?v=3e1JyWgVfnI
youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0
youtube.com/watch?v=kWiRMI88cPE
youtube.com/watch?v=ibyOMDcyO3U
youtube.com/watch?v=phgSTsVJEfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rock and heavy metal are dead and for good reason: they suck. Dane music and hip hop are today's mainstays

You'll have to look at indie games for that nowadays, or some nip games
youtube.com/watch?v=v8rtGEQCYCI
Though it feels like Ys is getting less and less Yngwie influenced by the game

Isn't metal like the go-to genre for JRPG music? It's such a common trope in JRPGs to the point its eye-rolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=vLIszDR0g9c

Attached: Varg Anime Weapons.png (825x571, 659K)

Try killing floor 2.
It's Christian metal.

Folk metal is pretty sick. I wish more devs would use it.
youtube.com/watch?v=4EG7Ox8uxgw
I've also gotten a pretty good kick with swedish death metal lately.

Doom 2016
Brutal Legend

It's a hit or miss for me. Some guitarists can really pull off some catchy riffs, but otherwise, most of the time it simply feels stale.
The lead music composer for Dynasty Warriors is my favorite of the bunch.

>that weird point in the early 90s with all those anime games with face-melting metal soundtracks on the PC Engine
youtube.com/watch?v=flfyG6AJXe8
youtube.com/watch?v=_Myxcw8lkUo

Metal Gear Rising has Power Metal/Metalcore I think?

I'm a huge Metalhhead and I still think Folk metal is cringelord garbage, only thing that comes close without being shit is Dungeonsynth music

>Hip hop
>not sucking

youtube.com/watch?v=-1TzVMXdU64

Guilty Gear of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=jiDguHfPCDU

Folk metal can be fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=h0RrAspbbRU

youtube.com/watch?v=UH9ZS_DtfBw

Pretty good atmospheric djent if you're into that kinda thing

>rock/metal is literally the soylent of music

Friendly advice: Don't ever listen or play this stuff in public. You will look even more like a loser than you already do.

Killer Instinct

protip : if normies understand the music you listen to then you have shit tastes

Rock/metal is the opposite of soy it's masculine and anti-establishment

>implying kendrick lamar and the likes isn't the soylent of music
whiteboi shouldn't you be prepping the bull for your wife?

lol no it's just D&D playing weed smoking manchildren

Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2

Frank Klepacki music is literal orgasm put into sound

Attached: 1446087846937.png (1200x760, 144K)

This is implying that what normies think is good music is good. Nigger shit like Kanye and Drake is absolute fucking dog shit. I was even able to hear several Drake songs I thought were just some pop filler crap and then get told that was him.

I'll never understand America. I'm just a lot of countries have some shitty music tastes. But Jesus everything popular here is pretty much god awful pop crap that is just offensive to the ears or some uninspiring nigger saying shit about MUH STREETS MUH EMOTIONS!

Folk metal is only good when it's basically Black Metal, can't stand that Scandi-Melo-Death with violins shit. Melo-Death is dead for a reason, and that reason is the only good band that makes it is At The Gates

Is this bait or are you actually 14?

Swedish style melodeath is absolutely shit; other countries like Canada and Japan have decent melodeath scenes. Melodeath is only good when its infused with brutal death metal or if its essentially OSDM with melodic leads.

>metal is dead
I bet you you faggots think Metallica is metal

The old stuff is

There's also folk metal that emphasises the "folk". I like these, since they tend to present something unique to the culture where they come from.

Eg Korpiklaani
youtube.com/watch?v=GWCowljfU0s

>japanese melodeath

Attached: what.jpg (575x323, 22K)

Metallica was always the pussy mainstream carbon copy of metal, which achieved popularity because of that.

>haha I don't know what you're talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=7ElGLHFTXEI

Let it Die had a pretty sick OST. Reminds me of a metal club.

J-melodeath is guitar solos: the subgenre
youtube.com/watch?v=SFU0Yf1Hlck
youtube.com/watch?v=hIJxmp5ls_A

Attached: Intestine Baalism - Banquet in the Darkness.jpg (600x600, 138K)

Korpiklaani is the exact garbage I was talking about, it's just shitty Scandinavian melodeath with some some genuinely terrible and overblown folk instrumentation that fails to even understand what makes European folk music worth listening to

What's an example you'd bring to the table? At times Korpiklaani is very instrumentally overblown, but I'm not sure where you're coming from as to my ears it doesn't sound like other folk metal bands.

Also, here's mongolian folk metal. I feel like this also has a certain local cultural flair which I enjoy.
youtube.com/watch?v=3e1JyWgVfnI

Also, this
youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0

I can't stand "fusion" genres first of all so anything, my comment above stated the only good folk metal is basically just black metal with a couple folk instruments and I stand by that.
I also cannot stand Scandinavian style Melodic Death Metal which 99% of all folk metal bands have roots directly in. but to be fair I dont expect anyone here to enjoy my favorite bands either, since I'm mostly into super Gutteral Slam/Brutal Death Metal/Gore shit

>liking black metal
Ay lmao exposed 16 year edgy emo metaler

add 10 years to that bud, most black metal fans are old fucks now desu

Black metal os the edgiest shit existing in a music genre. Kill yourself please.

>seething

>Wahhhhhhhhhhhh
okay

Tell us your super cool taste in music so we can laugh

Hey, fair enough. I'm a BM guy myself, with the folky stuff being some of my favourites

youtube.com/watch?v=kWiRMI88cPE

I bet it's unironically j-rock instrumentals from anime intros

>likes black metal
>says korpiklaani and folk metal in general is shit
Absolutely shit tase.

Attached: mfw.png (492x449, 433K)

Poseur detected; commence cleansing

Attached: Famine.jpg (736x490, 54K)

>Enjoys Korpiklaani like a fucking 14 year old who just got into metal

Folk metal is shit; korpiklaani is riffless drivel desu

Attached: BLACK METAL IST KRIEG.jpg (423x528, 137K)

Adding folk instruments to your poseur metal doesn't give it any more credibility as a genre kiddo

First thing that came to mind, they hired the lead guitarist from a band I've never heard of for the OST
youtube.com/watch?v=ibyOMDcyO3U
youtube.com/watch?v=phgSTsVJEfU