Why is Donte hated by Sup Forums even when Capcom did the exact same thing in trying to replace Dante with Nero?

Why is Donte hated by Sup Forums even when Capcom did the exact same thing in trying to replace Dante with Nero?

Attached: 1472262644004.png (900x1294, 1.27M)

Dante still existed and was playable in 4.

Because FUCK YOU

Attached: FUCKYOU.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

You do realize Nero was initially hated? In fact still is by some people, it's just that for most Donte is a worse and more recent offender.

Hello newfag! It seems you’ve forgotten to lurk! That’s ok, it happens. I suggest you delete this thread and spend another few months observing Sup Forums. You’ll learn that, among other things, it’s ok when Japan does it. Toodles!

>in trying to replace Dante with Nero?

except Nero never replaced Dante

Nero had a cool arm and Dante was still in the game.

Also a lot of people didn't like Nero, many still don't.

Who was worse, Nero or Apollo Justice? Both Capcom attempts to freshen up their franchises for the worse.

Japan made Donte too you asshurt westcuck

He was going to, except they backpedaled a bit to let the audience warm up to the idea.
On the other hand, DmC's marketing made it seem like they were trying to conquer the audience like one would conquer a country.

Ninja Theory is a British company, DmC was outsourced cause the biggest westaboo at Capcom had a grand idea.

Apollo was worse. Nero was fun to play as at least. Apollo was shit on every time in his own game with everybody treating him like a retard. Nobody took him seriously then Phoenix took over for the last chapter.

This, only reason people got mad is because they decanonized animu Dunteh

Too bad they tried to make a legit prequel with red coated white haired Dante, before Capcom told them to fuck off and make some new punk westernish character

Apart from the Kyrie shit, Nero isn't that bad, he's just pretty boring.

He could be turned into something more exciting in a sequel.

Nero was hated, especially during the launch times of DMC4, but when people realized Dante was playable as well they accepted the character for what it was so the hate was toned down for the most part (even though there are people who still hate him).

Donte was just much more obnoxious, and had a much worse design. Nero was a bit overdesigned but he looks like a character that has a lot of fun gameplay ideas: you look at his devil arm and you get all the Devil Bringer shenanigans and gameplay; you look at his crazy motorbike sword named Red Queen and you got this crazy gameplay idea of revving up your sword in order to get more powerful attacks with flaming slashes. You look at his big revolver and you get a more powerful default gun than Dante's Ebory And Ivory. Everything about the design of Nero implied fun, even if that meant bearing with 5 minutes of KYRIEEEE

Looking at Donte, there is nothing that makes him fun. Nothing about his design really stands out besides LOOK A BRITISH FLAG BECAUSE NT MADE THE GAME SO SICK. Ultimately he just felt like a mixed-up version of both Dante and Nero without many of the fun gameplay aspects.

Attached: Nero.jpg (496x888, 104K)

Actual different character with unique gimmicks and gameplay.

DONTE
DOOOOOOOOONTE
HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
fuk ufffffffffffff

Attached: 1522099622213.jpg (598x448, 33K)

Nailed it.

Apollo was worse

he felt like fucking MGS2 Raiden

Nero felt like he wasn't trying to be someone that he could never be

Honestly the entirety of DMC4 was designed around Nero and not around Dante.

People still love Reuben Langdon/Hideaki Itsuno's Dante, but the way the game was designed clearly rewarded Nero over Dante. Dante was more of an afterthought.

In future games Nero would get treated like Axl in Megaman at best, as an ignorable pick.
Donte was about to replace Dante fully.

Theres a reason he uses the route as nero and the games is halfbaked

are you fucking retarded?
Nero is nowhere as near retarded as Donte

Don't make a fool out of yourself, Nero was going to replace Dante in DMC4. If anything, the fact the game literally repeats itself with the Dante's playthrough should be a warning. Nero was the real protagonist of DMC4, not Dante.

They didn't though? Nero is pretty good when he's not screeching about KYRIEEEEEEEEE.

Apollo in AJ is just boring. Phoenix wasn't the absolute deepest character in the first AA but he at least had a backstory with Edgeworth. Apollo's backstory is made a last minute cliffhanger tweest. He vastly improved in the next two games though (but they pulled a Lamiroir cliffhanger yet again).

Fuck off Nero is cool, don't you dare compare him to Donte

>Apollo in DD and SoJ
>lol he actually had a best friend who's ded now
>lol he was actually adopted and raised in the bumfuck country the game is set in and his stepdad is ded now

The reason DMC4 is half-baked is because the jews at Capcom decided at the last minute that the game needed to be multiplat, so Itsuno's team had to completely scrap everything they were workin and move to a new engine. Obviously Nero was the focus in DMC4 but even if he was the sole character the game would not have been any more finished.

But Nero is like dumbed down Dante done right. Just framing your Red Queen attacks with Ex-Act or MAX-Act feels so satisfying and the general idea around his gameplan is fun and it's not just "Dante but easier to play". Didn't really feel the same way about Ninja Theory Dante, he was just a "The best of" without the feeling good part. Nothing about him was satisfying to pull off, nor he felt particularly new or refreshing.

DmC's marketing team seems like they almost RESENTED having to make a Devil May Cry game.

Except that Dante was way more fun to play as due to the new weapons he collects and styles

AA is built on coincidences that fit whatever the main arc of the game is, especially T&T.

The comparison was Nero VS Donte, not Nero VS Dante.

There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with the original creators of a series trying to make new characters for the series they own. People hated Donte because it's a fanfiction Dante redesign from a wastacuck dev, not just because he wasn't Dante.
Don't try to rewrite history. If DMC5 star an entirely new character, no one is going to be mad as long Itsuno designed him.

Except they didn't, if anything he was Vergil's replacement
Dante was still in 4 and even had his own campaign, problem is issues arose and Dante's actual levels didn't get done so you just play Nero's levels again

DMC5 absolutely needs to have Dante as the protagonist.
When you fuck up this hard you need to please fans with exactly what they want.

They can go experimental with DMC6 if they want, but not 5.

>They can go experimental with DMC6 if they want, but not 5.
*If DMC5 makes bank and doesn't close the Sons of Sparda's story, that is.

yeah if its not Dante and some literal who, just imagine the fucking salt that they could have made another banger with Dante but they CHOSE not to

It's the cool ass revving sword.

I get what you mean but I still think it's unreasonable. Of course they're gonna pander as hard as they can so you don't need to be worried.

As far as I remember, people hated Nero very much and disliked him having such a large part in the game. I don't know, maybe people have warmed up to him these past few years since I haven't been in touch with the Devil May Cry community for you to imply that people didn't have a problem with Nero.

If they made a new protagonist but he played just like Dante (maybe either his son or Sparda) then I would be fine with it. I just want the playstyle to remain intact. Even though Nero is fun to play as, if he was the only character in DMC4 that would have been awful.

I liked him design and concept wise from the start.
But then I tried his revving mechanic..

this. did DMC3SE try to replace Dante with Vergil? they just added a new PC

>and had a much worse design.

You have no fucking clue on the subject. Literally every single new design in 4 ranges from bad to laughable, and Nero is in the lower end only barely beating out genuine dogshit like Agnus and the rest of the order

Id much rather play as Donte as this fucking faggot cringelord OC

Attached: 1494554192845.jpg (2340x4160, 2.27M)

I'm expecting DMC5 to just be DmC but with the OG DMC characters, so with Dante, Nero, Trish, maybe Vergil and Lady and so on. I'm not expecting DMC5 to be very high on production value.

It will most likely appeal to the fans but nothing more than that.

>these are bad! dogshit!

Why? If he has "no clue on the subject" then surely you can come up with actual reasons? He actually supported his points, your post is laughably weak.

Nero feels like Dante-lite
>Exceed is Swordsmaster lite
>DB is royalguard
He's not bad it's just that Dante outshines him in both personality and gameplay

>Exceed is Swordsmaster lite
>DB is royalguard
what the fuck

The fuck am I reading? How is Exceed even remotely similar to Swordsmaster?

What did Nero do exactly that should make people hate him?

Though I'm not some big Donte hater, Nero didn't do anything "edgy" why most people hated Donte. He wasn't swearing, he didn't have a montage of being a dirty drug/alcohole using punk who dicks cheap whores, and he didn't have a "fuck off personality" either.

He was a dutiful if a bit careless, but well respected soldier in the order, did everything to save others from the begging. He also wasn't replacing Dante, he had a completely different moveset while Dante with his classic personality and style based moveset still made up almost half of the game.

Attached: nero_dmc4_by_longai-d21sfxf.jpg (600x900, 854K)

Yes I can you retarded fuck, but why the fuck would I spend a fuckton of time deconstructing something that anyone with half a brain already knows is awful?

Nero is literally an OC donut steel Deviantart Dante with zero cohesiveness to his design. He is supposed to be a part of the order (with uniform clothes that are all just as awful) yet he wears his own faggot garb. He is supposed to be a militaristic killer type yet he has a flowing faggot emo hair. His color palette doesnt work in any context (fucking equal amounts of blue and red with some white and brown mixed in) and everything about him visually is just fucking tryhard. Why the fuck does he have a coat with rolled up sleeves? How does he even take that dogshit off with his epic OC jagged spikes demon nightmare arm in the way?

If they wanted Nero to look even half decent, he should have been something in between the scalebound protagonist and pic related. None of this is even talking about the fact that his personality is cringe embodied, nothing but a watered down mishmash of already existing concepts in the franchise and the only attempt at adding anything original (the demon manifestation/ the more mechanical weapon) are completely underutilized and just clash with eachother. Why doesnt he wield yamato and red queen at the same time like vergil uses force edge and yamato? Why doesnt the arm keep taking over his body to give any sense of urgency or evil to it? Why doesnt he fight in a more beastly manner the closer he gets to turning into an actual demon rather than controlling it like Vergil and Dante on a whim? The entire character is OC because its a combination of amateurism and stolen ideas from the series itself

Attached: 1495897703923.png (589x768, 269K)

>>If they wanted Nero to look even half decent, he should have been something in between the scalebound protagonist and pic related.

Attached: b23.png (600x706, 473K)

People's issue with him basically just boiled down to his existence, they didn't like that he would possibly be replacing Dante

Nero didn't insult the fans of the series. And Dante was still around cracking jokes.

>unironically disliking Agnus' design
how can people with such an extremely shitty taste have such a loud fucking mouth

stop acting like your shitty opinion on anything is some objective statement

Attached: e dmc4Angelo_Agnus.jpg (800x800, 60K)