No Man's Sky Next?

Is this an early april fools or are they seriously going all in trying to redeem themselves?

twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/979294685876322304?s=09

Thoughts Sup Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-29-06-06-06-1.png (720x440, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=3MIkeJgrbHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tencent is in
>potential multiplayer
>potential space battle royale
>xbox release

What could possibly go wrong?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-29-06-12-35.png (1280x720, 69K)

Have you ever seen the episode of Kenny vs Spenny where their objective is to get whipped into military fighting shape by a drill instructor?

Spenny begins by coming out saluting, "Sir yes sir," everything spotless clean, shows up on time, etc.

Kenny explains that his strategy is to begin as a worthless slob. He shows up ten minutes late with bed-head, fucks up basic tasks, calls the instructor 'man' or 'dude', etc.

Now here's the catch: this is all Kenny's strategy. When Kenny starts to improve his performance, he doesn't ever improve to the level Spenny *started at.* But because he is improving at such a high rate, he ultimately wins the challenge just because of the way he's perceived as a fast learner/improver.

This is basically what No Man's Sky did. It started out as a complete fucking liar's abortion, a flat-out scam, and then a few months later it released an update that made the game 1% less disgustingly awful. They got tuns of kudos from the Stockholm Syndrome population that purchased this fucking scam of a "game". Now they are doing the same thing again. This is another PR move, which is the only thing No Man's Sky's developers have ever been good at: PR.

Attached: 406085.jpg (520x320, 50K)

What do you mean april's fool? They have been doing big updates for the game since release and it has pretty much all the stuff they promised it would have.
My guess is that this update will be focused on fleshing out the multiplayer and base building, maybe NPC stuff too.

It already has (basic) multiplayer.

I like the way you explained that, good analogy.

But theirs no way another battle royale thing is gonna horn in on an already oversaturated market, to the point where one is free.

At this pace NMS is going to be a better game than Star Citizen.

Attached: 1522200475325.jpg (680x1024, 98K)

It's more that Sean overhyped the fuck out of it, people expected too much and they failed to meet their deadline which made 1.0 very incomplete.
I felt like it was supposed to be a Noctis IV spiritual successor and I was pretty much right, other people expected Star Citizen 2.0 and never cared about these chill exploration kind of games, I pirated and enjoyed it a bit.
I know Sup Forums has a hateboner for it and Sean deserves getting shat on but people here rarely get it right about NMS and way overstate what it did wrong.

>Tencent chink

its moba garbage for mobiles.

Tencent will then aggressively try to buy out NMS from them.

not really.
>nms gets one update per year and star citizen gets 4

Yeah but i don't need 4 1080s ti to run it at 20fps

Also no man's sky updates add more things and overhaul previous mechanics.

SHITSTATION 4 LOSES YET ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE

IT'S FUCKING OVER FOR SONY

What is a WeGame?

Never heard of that console

I feel sorry for him at this point.

He doesn't get nobody really cares anymore.

It actually got a pretty decent amount of stuff, I think it's a waste of time though and people are already set on hating it, they should just move on and work on their marketing for the next game.

>nms gets one update per year and star citizen gets 4
>star citizen gets 4
Patches that add more ships to the game with no content and that runs at 10FPS are not updates.

Attached: 1505150964658.jpg (150x150, 4K)

Say what you want, but I dont mind coming back to this game from time to time to see whats new.

Sure, once the novelty wears off it becomes boring again in a few days. But at least all these updates are free.

Tencent gaming platform
Chink government approved "steam" if you will.

Attached: 1517048443290.gif (245x300, 744K)

robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

I think they should never be fucking forgiven for the sheer dishonesty in their marketing up until release. It couldn't have been more unacceptable and fucking abhorrent the amount of deceit they pulled. It shouldn't have made any fucking money.

Attached: 1457960838573.jpg (400x462, 26K)

Wow Its fucking nothing!

Attached: 1514361076801.png (215x328, 66K)

The only big fat lie was about the multiplayer no? I know what Murray said but anyone that was following the news of the game should knew that multiplayer was never going to be a real thing.

They've been updating it a lot for awhile now. It's still and always will be shit though.

Is this a serious post?

Attached: 1497844300920.png (540x368, 65K)

>Will there be multiplayer?
>"Yes!"
>Never told anyone otherwise
>Claimed that multiplayer could never work as there are 24903578239048902 combinations of planets and nobody would be able to be at the same place
>Two people were on the same planet day one
>Sean just vanishes off twitter shortly afterward

don't fuck with me

Attached: raw.png (500x280, 156K)

No

youtube.com/watch?v=3MIkeJgrbHU

based kenny/spenny poster

The Bible selling episode is by far best. The lengths at which Kenny goes to fuck over Spenny are extroirdinary.