Why is ``Move'' still an option when one can just click+hold the top bar and move the window?

Why is ``Move'' still an option when one can just click+hold the top bar and move the window?

thats to move a file, not move the option panel itself

Because sometimes my window goes into oblivion and it's gone for fuck knows why

Fix using aero peak and right clicking the window then maximize/move

Fucking annoying when it happens

So that people who've been using it since 3.11 can still stick with what they like.

I still double click the top left corner to close.

wow I didn't know you could do that

You haven't lived until you've closed an Office 2007/10 application this way. The system menu is still there, just really tiny and to the left of the Office orb.

mfw i never gonna be that retarded

neither did i

maybe for disabled people ?

this would make alot of sense

Sometimes when muh vidya freezes fullscreen it is impossible to use the task manager on the main screen as the mouse gets blocked for some retarded reason. Alt+Space M and problem solved.

YOU'RE A TURD

The system menu cannot be moved for various reasons, one being API, and the other major one being accessibility - you do not technically need a mouse to use Windows, and this menu is how you are supposed to manage windows with the keyboard.

It is a Windows 3 relic, of course.

What the fuck, I had no idea you could do that!

No... you click move and hit the arrow keys, it moves the thing around the screen, esc to cancel, and enter to commit the move.

Some windows don't have top bar.
Some windows get stuck outside of visible area, and the only to bring them back would be to use the move option from taskbar.

It's for people who don't use a mouse ya dingus

Another thing is that if you grab a window border and keep the mouse button held down you can use arrow keys to resize the window.

Have you never clicked the left side of a bar in Windows before?

No, why would I?

If your window somehow gets offscreen so you can't find it, select it in the tastkbar, then hit alt+space to get the menu up, hit down and enter to select move, then hit any of the arrow keys, then you can move the window using your mouse.

Maybe it's to support some obscure pointing devices that are incapable of click and drag. I can imagine something like this could exist in a kiosk or some similar setting that uses a trackball or touchscreen.

Or just select it in the taskbar and press Win+up.

or win+left/right

it either resized and repositions it to fill the screen, or to fill only the left/right side of the screen.

This works in most cases. But there are programs that don't allow you to maximize the window or resize it at all.

Some of us don't use top bars.

You never seem to have used a pc with windows without a mouse. Idiot.
>inb4 how to rightclick
see what I mean, Idiot? It is one of the keys on the right side of the spacebar.

>> still double click the top left corner to close
doesn' > still double click the top left corner to closet work faggot

Because old people don't have a clue about the good ol' drag and drop.

Mind blown

I use this when windows end up places I can't grab them.

I happens occasionally due to having a weird two monitor set up.

Me too I've never once clicked that option from my first pc in 1997 till now, just tried it for the first time.

Because Windows is literally a stack of shit that build up without concept over decades. I bet changing something like that would take a developer days just to understand how the fuck the ancient code that drives that dropdown menu works.

Because windows is full of relics. Windows 10 is still Windows NT with add-ons.

I've only ever used that area cause Dexpot was there.

Fuck me in the ass and cum inside! You are right!

mind = blown

Now closing window will never be the same again. Thanks lad.

Windows key+up arrow

It doesn't work with modern apps anyway.

This. Alt tab for keyboard focus. Then winkey to snap it to either side of the screen or up for maximize.

Windows is an amalgamation of new and old, conflicting design to sum up a giant pile of shit.