What am I supposed to look for when buying a PC in 2016...

What am I supposed to look for when buying a PC in 2016? I've been a macfag all my life and I have no idea what anything means, I'm totally clueless

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1) what is it for?
2) how much do you have ($)?

1) gaming and shitposting
2) my price range is about $1500

1080p, 1440p, or 4k?
Other options,

Triple screen?
144hz?

What kind of games?

RTS, FPS, sidescroller?

Just make sure there's an Apple logo.

Also, US/UK/Ausnigger/spainyard?

Make sure it has a Titan X and the most expensive CPU, you can shitpost faster while having maximum fps in videogames

please don't overwhelm me with such esoteric terms senpai, I'm pretty sure I'll stick to 1 screen, and does the genres I'm planning to play really matter?

but I'm looking for something to replace my macbook from 2012

scand

stay with mac. PCs just take the magic out of computing.

>dumb frogposter

buy a mac pro and install gentoo on it. easy.

There are several factors for deciding.
Considering that you've said you want to spend about $1500 (is this including mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc?) you can get a pretty high end pc.
You'll probably be fine with just 1080p since otherwise the monitor would be much more expensive and you'll get lower framerates overall.

I think the first thing you should do is go on r/pcmasterrace or logicalincrements and look over the builds they have there for your budget. Then you can make any necessary price adjustments if you want to save money or spend a bit more.
If you're lazy you can just take those builds exactly as they are and buy all the parts.

So you're telling me I need to buy 90001 parts and assemble them myself? Don't you think that's jumping the shark just a little considering I've never used anything else than a streamlined aluminum slab?

There are websites where you can pay like $50 for them to assemble the parts you ordered.
It's not that hard to do it yourself if you have some time though.

Prebuilt (office/home) PCs aren't always horrible for the money if you just look at the parts you're getting. When you want one for gaming they are shit though. They generally spend way too much on the cpu, and they think a 1000GB HDD sounds like a great spec. The GPU is generally a mid- or low-end one. If the GPU is not shit, they are going to charge way too much money for the PC.

This guy asked about the types of games because it is important to know what to spend your money on.

You can get away with a 'shitty' $150 cpu for a lot of games, but not if you try to play ARMA or Flight Simulator.

Ok, I'll try, what do I need to be especially wary about not fucking over?

Fucking up choosing parts or fucking up assembly?

assuming I can trust reddit, assembly

like breaking off a prong or something?

>your hardware choices
but really pc's just slot together and there will be like 10 different parts

So you don't need to fuck with tiny wires and bend prongs and shit like that?

They aren't that fragile, just don't force anything.

Your connectors and layout will be the same as 99.9% of everyone else's gaming pc (yay for standardisation), so just any YouTube video guide.

Just be careful with stuff in general, but not with the horrible power connector you have to use on the motherboard. You're going to need to push that thing in pretty hard and your motherboard will flex. Try not to bend pins on your cpu if it's an AMD. Don't hestitate to read the manual if you're not 100% sure.

Oh and if you buy a skylake cpu that isn't unlocked, you honestly won't need to buy a third party cooler. They stay really cool. Spend the extra cash you'd spend on a cooler and the intel jew tax on a better case or keyboard or some shit that actually matters.

logicalincrements.com

Pcpartpicker

YouTube search ===> "How to build a PC"
It really is as easy as it looks. Just use a group ding strap, don't force anything, take ur time.

>Group ding strap

Lol, **grounding strap

logicalincrements.com

thank you for helping a lowly plebian such as myself Sup Forums

but you better not be fooling me into doing something incredibly retarded

well it is us you are asking, we are borderline retarded as it is

>Group ding strap
Isn't that just a meme? I never used one an my PC still just werks.

Shit guys, I have another question, what do I do if a specific part isn't available in my country?

find something similar of course

where do you live though, maybe a local guide is better if the prices are very different in your country.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400
MB: ASUS Z170
GPU: GEFORCE 970 GTX
PSU: EVGA 600W
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500 GB
some fans, case and you're set up.