What stops me from buying a bunch of wireless WIFI extenders and placing them between my residence and a free public...

What stops me from buying a bunch of wireless WIFI extenders and placing them between my residence and a free public WIFI source, such as McDonald's, thus giving me infinite free internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TrovtcNhpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mashallah brother

The same thing that stops McDonald's or other free public WIFI source from filtering out any connection making obvious long term use, ie. nothing.

nothing apart from shit ass ping

The fact that it's a dumb idea for several reasons, most importantly security

It would be easier to just learn reaver and hack your neighbors wifi.

Most people aren't tech savvy enough to check if anyone is using it so unless you really start raping it they wont notice.

mac spoofing

Latency?

Big mac spoofing?

Almost nobody uses a reaver-vulnerable router anymore.

>Almost nobody uses a reaver-vulnerable router anymore.
Go to an old neighborhood. You'll find WEP keys on grannys interwebs.

>TFW everyone in a 50mile radius of me uses WPA/2

Hence "almost"

WPA/2 has its own vulnerability, doesn't it?

Instead of being a filthy wifi stealing nigger who could be charged with a felony for using a private network outside of the owner's ToS just get a mobile carrier with unlimited high speed data.

Boost mobile offers it at $55/month and metropcs for $60/month. Both metropcs and boost give you 8GB of mobile hotspot I think. Cricket also offers the same service for $70/month but their networks are shit and don't include mobile hotspot data.

Wpa2 can be cracked if wps is enabled.

Use wash to find vulnerable wps 1.0 shit the reaver it.

Yeah, about 2 months wroth of work.

Holy shit! 55$ a month for 8GB?!
Where I live we have the cheapest from 5€ (10GB) to better ones at 15€ for 45GB 4G unlimited speed, do what you want with it, in your phone or hotspot or use it in a 4G router, also when 45GB limit is full they just limit your speed to like 500KB/s.

Awful latency. My father has satellite broadband in his home and he complains that it feels slower than dialup. The extra two seconds it adds on to page load times is probably very annoying, which would explain his constant moaning about it.

>a felony for using a private network outside of the owner's ToS

when the fuck did a ToS become criminal law? Man, I'd better hurry up and write a contract that binds everyone in the world to kissing my ass, then have them tossed in jail when they don't

at best this would be a civil charge culminating in about $50 worth of fines

>unlimited high speed data.
is not a real thing, you must mean "unlimited data, 1GB/month of which is high speed"

How much do minimum wage workers make each month before taxes in your muslim infested country?

Here in burgerland minimum wage workers currently earn ~$1300 before taxes each month so $55/month isn't expensive at all even to our povertyfags.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TrovtcNhpQ

No muslims or niggers here, Northern-Europe motherfucker, can't tell you about income because I live off welfare (800€ a month).

See
>54400406

>when the fuck did a ToS become criminal law?
IIRC it counts as hacking because it's unauthorised access of a computer, which is scary to the old men making the law in the US. That makes it a felony because it's like computer terrorism and that's serious business.

Nope. Those carriers I mentioned offer legitimate unlimited high speed data.

The catch is that after 20-30GB they will throttle your connection to 2-4mbps if the network where you live in is under very heavy load. However this throttling goes away when the network goes back to normal load.

People on boost here have constantly reported using 40-80GB of data each month at high speeds. Though some have reported the throttling I mentioned but it's temporary for them and virtually non-existent at night.

"High speeds" however differ from location to location. lte speeds at "high speeds" but no deprioritized (ie hit 20-30GB soft cap) can range from 6-20mbps

actually, you could set up two small satellite dishes (range can be miles) and aim them perfectly at each other. connect one to home and one to free wifi.
less hassle then extenders every 25-50 feet.

Stop encouraging OP to get arrested. I love poking fun at people on this board and telling others to drink bleach but this is downright dangerous. Mcdonalds hosts their internet on a VPN that monitors internet traffic. They will find about OP, alert the FBI, and get OP sent to prison.

He would literally be committing a felony. Crazy I know but that is how the current law in burgerland is.

You don't know shit, bitch. Do it OP

actually, OP, i was encouraging you to use a GOOD connection with the dishes. fuck Ronald McDonald's 1.5mbps shit. remember the range can be miles. think big!

>but that is how the current law in burgerland is.
source?

Not McDonalds, but I have been getting free wifi in my apartment this way for about 8 months

outlet-mount range extenders in the fire stairway from the lobby up to my floor. in the lobby one can get free wifi from the neighboring stores, but it won't reach the actual apartments (probably by design)

>being this edgy
Seriously man OP can get swatted for this shit.

sorry to double post, fucking touchpad

cont:

I think the total cost was something like $80 for the three extenders i needed (each reaches ~1.5 floors) and the speeds are fantastic.

Trick is, the FIRST extender/remote you buy (one actually in range of the host network) should be a smarter model that allows registration and switching between multiple SSIDs. The others can just be dumb bridge extenders ($10-15 these days). This way you are always "extending" the strongest/fastest of multiple networks and don't need to worry about overlap.

You could also do and not risk getting sent to prison. idk just a though senpai.

too expensive, and i bought the extenders with cash and haven't put any of my own information on them...even if they get pulled down there's no way they'd be traced back to me.

but yeah if you're computer illiterate and don't know how to protect your privacy and anonymity on the internet, don't try getting free internet

>too expensive, and i bought the extenders with cash and haven't put any of my own information on them...even if they get pulled down there's no way they'd be traced back to me.
How is this "too expensive"? You probably already pay $35-40 for your phone. Paying $15-20 more each month won't kill you and boost phones start as low as $30 too. Also don't feel too safe, the FBI have equipment to trace signal origins and shit. I would stop what you're doing if I were you.

>but yeah if you're computer illiterate and don't know how to protect your privacy and anonymity on the internet, don't try getting free internet
Even if you're a l337 loonix ricer you should still avoid doing dumb shit like this.

Where you gonna hide a dish you idiot.

This has to be done somewhere that you know the person, like a friends house.

in your mom

phone plans, even the highest-speed ones with "unlimited" data only give you about 10GB of tethering. Mobile data latency is shit, data caps mean you can't torrent and they're surveiled and traffic-shaped to hell

I am talking about 2-3x near-100mbit connections with symmetric upload download and no data cap.

2/3 stores in my building are closed by the time I get home from work, but their wifi routers are still on within range of the lobby, so no other users to compete with. If you can find another solution that costs what mine does, $80 upfront and $0 per month, fast enough to run seedboxes and play vidya, I'd be very surprised --- it's certainly not a mobile network

I'm pretty sure OP was being hypothetical. I don't see why you have to get so autistic over it

>the FBI
are not interested in people using free wifi a few extra meters from its source, they are busy with other things I am sure

and in the RF environs of a 100+ tenant building with dozens of wifi networks visible from any given spot, jack shit is getting traced anyhow

You don't even know how to properly reply. Good job mongoloid.

Not directly related, but have you ever used those wifi extenders that make the signal go through AC sockets? shits as creepy as its great.

they're okay but generally pretty slow, prone to interference on the line

I had some for a bit and they completely lost connectivity for 10-15 seconds every time my fucking electric doorbell rang, would not work at all while the microwave was on.

Satellite dishes? You mean directional antennae?

>directional antennae are felony
wat

Haha, oh you.

I'ts 6AM, I haven't slept for like 30hrs, shit happens.

why two?

Well I'm sorry to hear that.

Nothing. Don't let your dreams be dreams

You ever been to straya m8

Nothing. But how will you power them?

I am sure my WRT54G is vulnerable, as are the millions of other people like me who bought a router 10 years ago and never touched it once since installing it.

>directional antennae are felony

They actually can be if I remember right. Can't remember what it was in relation to but they can be.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.