Daily reminder that if you don't use your computer as Administrator (as you shouldn't in the first place)...

Daily reminder that if you don't use your computer as Administrator (as you shouldn't in the first place), then Windows 10 can't force itself into you.

>Operating a system that you're not in control of
No thank you.

Wow good one let's see who falls for that hehe.

Faggot.

Yeah, but he's right.

I have been using a normal user account since XP, you can just run programs and stuff as administrator when needed on any account.

Daily reminder that you can stop being a consumertard any time.

>daily reminder
>doesn't post the thread everyday
I'm tired of this meme

He means that since you're not running Free Software you're not in control of the software.
Step your game up, consumer whore

No he doesn't, you flaming fucktard.

Are you in control of Loonix?

The code is very poorly documented spaghetti, do you think you can understand what it does or make changes to it?

Last year, glibc had a nasty bug that literally made everything crash and vulnerable. You think you could've fixed it?

Doing everything in the terminal and reading the Arch wiki gives them a false sense of control. Kids and their toys.

I can do everything in the terminal on Windows too.

actually, since windows xp or vista, 'administrator' is just sudoer.

Always as administrator, always as root and my whole external hdd is chmod +x and 777 on everything. VLC as root? No problem with a little trick.
VLC is not supposed to be run as root. Sorry.
If you need to use real-time priorities and/or privileged TCP ports
you can use vlc-wrapper (make sure it is Set-UID root and
cannot be run by non-trusted users first).

This error says straight forward vlc can not be run as root privileged user.
What to do now? Don’t be panic. Here is the hacked solution :-D
vi /usr/bin/vlc
search for geteuid and replace it with getppid

Save file & Exit.

Now it should work, try to run it again ;-)

After like a dozen installs via npm or a few hours tinkering with your environment vars since %PATH% fine but it still can't find the correct dlls. Even then, it's not like you're saving yourself much time compared to any other os.

Point being, all OSes, at some level of usage, are time sinks. Mac has its cryptic and stupid time sensitive keypresses to do things like resetting the vram. Linux has its menagerie of kernel panics or shell errors. Windows has cryptic bluecreens that rarely point to the actual offender nor do they tell you anything relevant (forcing you to Google and find some long series of tasks that seem like pigeon superstition--turning if off and on again 3 times after running a failed program-- or they try to get you to download third party software).

Daily reminder windows can't force updates if you install gentoo.

lol

I don't pay for Windows nigga.

Ah see, you don't know how to do everything, even though you know how to do a few things, what a false sense of control! You are right in some way through, in that no one will ever be fully in control of their computer until unix philosophy (kiss) and gnu philosophy (free) come together, meaning a computer and OS that is simple enough to understand and control, whilst that control is also enabled by devs and OEMs rather than restricted, ofc this will probably never happen

Daily reminder that daily reminder if you daily reminder daily reminder

All you have to do is make sure you dont install 3035583, its not fucking hard.

7 enterprise doesn't even need a KMS emulator

This. User accounts are for businesses, computers used by more than one person and retards.

this fucking thread.

This. GNU/Linux sucks as a OS. Just because Windows sucks more, doesn't mean it doesn't suck too. It gets away with it because Microsoft set the bar so low in the 80s/90s, but these days Windows is improving at a faster rate than Linux is. BSDfag here btw.

>please type in an administrator's password to install this software
no thanks. i only do it on linux because you're forced to. running as root creates more problems than it solves.

Windows Update service runs under SYSTEM user, why would it care what your user accounts runs as?