Which Linux is BEST Linux?

Here's the deal Sup Forums...I'm basically a Mac fag, but I've got two Windows PC notebooks running Win7 that I also use.

I freaking hate everything about Windows 8.1 and 10, and the Microsoft botnet. I do like OS X a lot (inb4 faggot). But I want to become a lot more familiar with Linux.

Basically I'm done with Microshaft and if Apple ever really pisses me off, I want to be able to jump into a world of freedum without missing a beat.

So what's the best distro for an Acer C2D 2.6ghz / 4gb / 240gb SSD?

>inb4 gentoo

I'm not compiling gentoo.

Debian

>>>>>>>>>>>>tips

Arch

Not even memes, learn arch. I use arch, and I know 3 real life friends that use Linux, 2 use arch, 1 uses Debian sid. That said, for LTS stuff, like servers, I prefer Ubuntu.

>I'm basically a Mac fag
Which makes you a BSDfag by heritage.
So you'll want FreeBSD.

OS X on the desktop and FreeBSD on the homeservers is the comfiest.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You'll be OK with any of the *buntus or Linux Mint.

well I guess you like korea so you could try redstar os

/thread

Red Star OS

centos familia

>Which Linux is BEST Linux?
Kinda obvious, isn't it?

>(second place goes to Slackware though)

Ubuntu or mint

GNU/Linux.

The best GNU/Linux OS for beginners is Linux Mint Cinnamon. I installed it on my MacBook pro, and it works very well.

A R C H
R
C
H

Lubuntu the easiest followed by Xubuntu.
Go for Arsch if you have time to waste but want to learn.

Also check this

Red Star OS

Please stop posting this meme

I think Linux-zen is the best for desktop use.

Some kind of Ubuntu or Linux Mint. I tried Windows 10, and then I formatted my drive after about 3 weeks and installed Linux Mint

Whatever you feel is best for your needs op

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as this meme, is in fact, GNU/this meme, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus this meme. this meme is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "this meme", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a this meme, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. this meme is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. this meme is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with this meme added, or GNU/this meme. All the so-called “this meme” distributions are really distributions of GNU/this meme.

Ubuntu.

Although I personally prefer Debian, Ubuntu is probably the best beginner distro.

thanks for linking that thread

F A K E
A
K
E

The one I'M using of course

RMS would never create an account named "Richard Stallman" nor would he ever touch botnet social media like Google.

gentoo is best linux, but I advise you to run apricity OS
it's arch-based, everything just werks, and it looks good as well, which is nice for a macfag

>arch-based
Any Arch-based distro is going to be a shitshow. Guaranteed.

Xubuntu is my personal fav, runs very fast on a similarish speced laptop i have.