Ubuntu MATE or Mint MATE for my Dell XPS 13 2015 laptop?

Ubuntu MATE or Mint MATE for my Dell XPS 13 2015 laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install gentoo you pussy faggot

Mint is better than Ubuntu in every single way you fucking retard

that thread says mint is worst

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
> To conclude, I do not think that the Mint developers deliver professional work. Their distribution is more a crude hack of existing Debian-based distributions. They make fundamental mistakes and put their users at risk, both in the sense of data security as well as licensing issues.

>I would therefore highly discourage anyone using Linux Mint until Mint developers have changed their fundamental philosophy and resolved these issues.

Mint should be avoided until they get their act together.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic about mint being better

let's see
>Ubuntu
or
>Downstream Ubuntu with no security and missing new MATE development features
gee I dont fucking know

o shit waddup!

How come Mint is so popular?

because they found a way to be more pleb than Ubuntu

op here. is that the guy in the first post/

As a prior Mint user and now Ubuntu MATE user, you're full of shit. Security updates turned off by default for the sake of "stability". Outdated Kernel. Still based off of 14.04 LTS. And they just leech off of Ubuntu everything while saying they're a different OS. At least the various version of Ubuntu are just different wrappers and they know it.

yes, inverted devil trips

Fuck off with your shitty meme

I'm curious about this too.
It's not even easier to use, it's just outdated Ubuntu with a shit de slapped on top.

Isn't the keyboard horrible on the XPS 13?

>Cinnamon
>shit
ok

It's not bad, actually. Better than most laptops I've used in the past.

This. The Cinnamon DE isn't what was wrong with Mint. Cinnamon is actually very nice to use out of the box with minimal to no tweaking. It's the rest of the system that is garbage. I've got MATE up and running how I want it now so I don't bother with Cinnamon anymore, but it was FAR from a shit DE.

Op here. This'll be my first distro. I am illiterate can still handle Gentoo?

MATE is better than Cinnamon imo too. Cinnamon is like a mate replica built from gnome 3 iirc.

How is it compared to the newer thinkpads keyboards?