Using chrome

>using chrome
>download file of any type
>download will "finish" (hit 100%) but still appears to be downloading
>chrome does not automatically open the file, or open it if i double click it in the browser
>after downloading something, no other webpages (or even the preferences) will open until i close and reopen chrome

the strangest part is that if i go to open the file from its download location in windows explorer, it works fine. what could the problem be?

>be you
>post thinly veiled tech support thread
>get a few people complaining, a guy that answers the question and 9-30 posts unless the thread completely derails.

chrome tries to scan the file with your anti virus before it allows you to do anything with it.
it might get stuck there.

>>using chrome
Found your problem right here.

what is the solution

>chrome
Why? Why not furryfox? It's a trillion times better.
Even if you insist not to use a superior browser, why aren't you using chromium instead? There is no reason not to.

In fact, are you on windows? If yes, you really don't belong here.

Disable scan option

chrome sends your file to NSA and google's servers

installing firefox or palemoon / ice cat

>palemoon
What is the point of it?

thank you
/thread

firefox with old interface

Why not just use the classic theme restore addon?

because firefox may break it in future
and palemoon is also ideologically better (to Sup Forums)

Don't bother, let them feel unique for using an undermaintained Firefox fork.

Yes, installing bloated shit of a browser that is so full of holes Pwn2Own competition doesn't even recognize it as a worthy platform to attack.

Even Microsoft is now a head of Mozzilla in the browser game since they bite the bullet and rewrote their Edge. Firefox and all forks need to be rewritten for modern age.

Does chromium scan your downloads?

>Edge
>a head of Mozzilla
>modern

>Yes, installing bloated shit of a browser that is so full of holes Pwn2Own competition doesn't even recognize it as a worthy platform to attack.
Translation: firefox has less bugs and holes than competitors
>Even Microsoft is now a head of Mozzilla in the browser game since they bite the bullet and rewrote their Edge. Firefox and all forks need to be rewritten for modern age.
Does this mean that edge is better than chrome?

>>Yes, installing bloated shit of a browser that is so full of holes Pwn2Own competition doesn't even recognize it as a worthy platform to attack.
>Translation: firefox has less bugs and holes than competitors

>chrome
>connection reset
>download failed
Just failed, no option to continue

Nice as my wifi card reconnects once a hour or so