Zalman zm-mic1

okay so i heard a lot of good about this microphone so i decided to buy it, it cost me 10 euros but for that i would have expected a lot better sound quality, would you guys happen to know where my problem might be? or was this just a faulty piece? here's the vocaroo.
vocaroo.com/i/s0iEMux6yCNs

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1PXGctAUg3M
creative.com/oem/products/software/cinema2.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My friend had one and it was awful, could barely make out what he was saying.

>spend 10 euros on a mic
>eanted profesional level sound

Even one od those horrible awful blue yettis would have been better than this and blue yettis are total pleb trash

a lot of people here like to trash on gaming headsets and such but in my experience those have had a lot better microphone sound quality than this one has. maybe i should get a soundcard, a lot of people seem to praise this microphone.

ya need to get this

what effect does it have when compared to boosting the audio in the system settings?

buy a damn Blue Snowball. it's amazing. makes my friends orgasm when they hear me.

but user i don't want to make my friends orgasm, i just want them to not be annoyed whenever i try to talk. why did i listen to Sup Forums i should have just bought a generic gaming headset.

The problem with Zalmans is that they're inconsistently manufactured. I happened to get a great one. It was just luck of the draw. If you want predictable quality then go with a USB mic from a known manufacturer.

Don't get a "generic gaming headset" though. The cheap ones are still 3.5mm and might very well have worse components than the Zalman. Go USB.

Just bought a clip-on sony mic. Cord is only 1m long, and it cost $20. Sound is really clean, probably won't find better at this price.
Real good mics are all $50+ though.
That said, there are definitely $3 mics that sound much better than that zalman.

>memeball

BM-800 is better and like 12$

guess i just got a lemon then, i'll return this one and maybe they will ship me a better one in return, if that won't work i'll get something else. also, would buying an audio board matter?

I also fell for the meme, sound is barely audible on GNU Loonix

it's odd though, why is every single review so positive then? and in the reviews their sound quality is great, i know you can remove some background noise through editing but still.

Is it really? The low price is tempting me.

okay so i turned the microphone volume down a lot, put the boost at +30dB and placed the microphone about an inch from my face and now the audio quality is a lot better.
vocaroo.com/i/s1PXGctAUg3M

I have one of those and it sounds much better than that. Either your sound card is utter shit or you haven't positioned it properly.

dude you literally sound like an indian lmao

Still sounds like absolute dogshit.

indeed i got a quite a lot better quality by tweaking the settings a bit and moving it closer to my face, i'll make an arm to hold it from piano wire now, it's quite odd that the instructions say to attach it to the headphone wire, could you post a vocaroo of your voice?

i know man ;_; i'm finnish though

your pc probably has some bumhole sound card. i had the same with my msi gaming motherboard but when i bought another internal soundcard which had a bunch of settings to make the mic input much more crisp and prevented background noise, my voice sounds way better now even with my budget gaymer hyperx cloud mic.

It's over, OP is finnished!

Maybe later if you want, I'm actually using it to talk to some friends now.

i have pic related as my motherboard the name is z97-a any experience on it? i guess i'll buy a sound card then.

i would love to hear how this microphone should sound like, vocaroo is quite easy and takes only a few seconds to make a recording.

did it not come with any audio software to go with that crystal sound 2 motherboard soundcard? mine came with this:

creative.com/oem/products/software/cinema2.asp

which has a voice enhancer thing within the software

I have the same mic, but i have a bad cold
so i sound like shit

It doesn't record anything, probably something fucked with Flash. Mic is enabled and the correct one selected. I'll have to use something else to record and upload it, but maybe later.

I can tell you that in properly configured TS3 my voice is loud and clear with no background noise.

might have i'm not sure, so far ive been using this realtek hd audio manager whatever it is.

I don't know if it's normal, but in every case, be careful with this mic.
It's fragile.

what settings do you have btw? also, where do you keep the microphone?

I bought one of those 10 years ago. It's shit.

Unfortunately it's a meme. People buy them because they're cheap and because everyone else buys them, not because they're good. Then they rationalise the purchase by claiming that everyone who says it sounds like shit is wrong.

but then why the fuck did Sup Forums tell me to not buy a headset and rather good heaphones and a cheap microphone.

Because you can get a good set of headphones and a good microphone for less money than you can get a headset of equivalent quality. The problem isn't buying the headphones and the mic separately, it's just that this particular mic is shit.

okay, any mics you would suggest? someone suggested a sony clip-on for 20 bucks i might want to check that out.

Depends on the style you want, and your budget. ModMics are good, and they attach to your headphones with a magnet, but they're more expensive.

Try a different microphone port. I have a zm-mic 1 as well and it sounds better and less noisy in the rear than the front.

I bought this same microphone 15 years ago.

ive tried both but i don't think there is much of a difference.