What e-reader does Sup Forums use? Is it a kindle?

What e-reader does Sup Forums use? Is it a kindle?

Amazon Kindle Voyage is the only correct answer.

Kindle for availability.

It's a closed up box, thank god jailbreak released not long ago and fixed shit that should be included out of the box.

20 dollar yarvik

zte warp elite, I got one on sale for $80.

I have a 2nd gen Paperwhite, I love it. Calibre makes book management a breeze

A Kindle keyboard. I bought it as soon as it came out and I've been using it since. I like it very much, too bad it doesn't have a reading light. The moment it breaks I'm going to buy another one, presumably another Kindle.

IMO an e-ink display is a must for anything to be used as an e-reader since it is easier on the eyes and is battery efficient

>is it a kindle?
yes, a Baberwhite 2 I bought two years ago, second hand for $60 in pristine condition bundled with nice but pink Marblue cover (it costs $20 but I got it for free)

Still have my trusty Nook Simple Touch. It was quite nice back in the day, really extensible thanks to the underlying Android system. However in the later years it has become rather useless and shit compared to all the new ones on the market.

Have been thinking about a Kobo since they don't suck dick on the customization part unlike Amazon who locks everything down with their shitty MOBI format, no custom fonts and generally ass user experience. Though the Swindles are really hackable and have far more development done on them than Kobo which makes them able to do most of those things once you fuck with it which is interesting.

In the meantime, the Nook is suffice.

kindle 3g

Sony PRS-T2

I'm looking for one that can be used as a pirate book library, one with millions of books.

Anything good that is offline and will take a massive SD card?

What's /g's favorite book?

>IMO an e-ink display is a must for anything to be used as an e-reader since it is easier on the eyes and is battery efficient
Not sure where the "easier on the eyes" meme started but I have read books on my warp elite for longer than 2 hours and never had any eye strain at all. Sounds like you need to drink more water.

Also not sure what battery life on e-ink displays is but my warp elite will last ~3 days before I need to recharge it. This is with web surfing and watching chinese cartoons in bed so I'm pretty sure it would last all week with a single charge if I only used it to read books. It also conveniently serves as my phone too.

Anyway I think e-ink readers are obsolete, lcd/amoled display readers are the future.

You can put pirated books in any ereader ever made.

Soooo retarded. LCD meme

The Long Walk by Stephen King

Kobo glo HD

Not Salem.
Also, the mist was cool before the movie

I just use my Note 4. AMOLED is noice.

Submission, by houellebecq

Salem's Lot didn't really have anything unique for me. I like TLW because it's a very un-King book

>Stephen King

the true plebs are the ones who can't recognize King wrote some good stuff among all the trash

My phone I guess. I was thinking about getting a nook but when I went to a barnes and noble I compared it to my LG G4 and the text looked blocky on the nook. No thanks lol.

>only uses the screen for 2 hours, literally what preschoolers do in a standard language module
>thinks his opinion is valid

Note 4's screen is pretty shit for books when compared to your average e-reader, also the screen is absolutely tiny. I get annoyed at how small it is just for phone usage, can't imagine reading on it for any length of time without throwing it against the wall in anger.

unregistered Paperwhite, pirated eBooks, and Calibre to load them.

Oh look a hipster.

John Grisham - The firm and The pelican brief
Agatha Christie - 10 little niglets and many others classics
Keith Ablow - Psychopath
Actually I forgot but those are good reads according to my memory

>5.7" screen
>tiny
lolwut

Kindle Keyboard. Got it free from an old job because our manager wanted us to read some sort of business snake oil books on our free time.

I use a Barnes and noble book colour for this. Bought it off amazon for $25 USD put cyanogen mod on it so it will read any filetype. Its a very slow when you first install cynogenmod but once you ax animations and background processes its usable. Also has SD slot.

Would prefer e-ink master race, but for that price it's worth a punt. Thanks user

Paperwhite first gen, there is literally no need to upgrade.

Kobo Arc 7HD, I got it for 99€ (Full HD 7-inch tablet).
I mainly use it to read comics and an odd e-book now and then, so a color screen was a must-have.

I'm going to stick to my tablet for now, but those new Triton color displays look pretty interesting.
Too bad the colors are still really subdued

I wish Amazon would update the fucking large kindle. I want to read textbooks and books on programming. The tiny kindles now mess up the flow of code examples, etc.

I got a Nook around Black Friday of 2013 for about $70 or so, It's nothing particularly fancy and is good at what it's designed to do.

I mostly just use it to read comics/books, browse Sup Forums, and watch random shit on youtube. It's kind of a hassle to try and browse the internet though

Paperwhite with a magnetic cover. Simple and easy.

I find I read a lot more when I read with an e-reader, however I don't think it sinks in so well. There's something about the tactile nature of books, that lodges what I read in my memory more strongly.

>Can't read it outside very easily.
>Has to recharge every few days.

kek

Are you that Indian guy that always posts that he has a Zte warp elite in e-reader threads?

Is there something wrong with you? Are you trying to convince yourself that you're not an idiot for buying a phone to read books on?

Mein negro. I have a simple touch with glow light. Love the physical page turn buttons, comfy shape, and microsd card slot

I actually can, the screen is pretty fucking bright.

Nope, first time I ever mentioned my phone here.

I'm not sure why you people are using e-ink displays at all. The tech is obsolete like CRT TVs. It's time to move on man. You're all like those hipsterfags gloating about their sansa clips.

Nook simple touch with glow light will accept 32gb microsd cards. The new nook glow lights(white ones) don't iirc

Nook Simple Touch. Cheap as hell and easy to root

How is the Kobo aura h2o?
Is it semen proof as well as waterproof?

I just use my phone.

However I do have a kindle collecting dust in a drawer. Might sell it ebay soon.

None. I read books on my 4k IPS monitor using a Firefox plug in/extension called Epubreader. I also use f.flux and turn the brightness down when reading.

Is all girls in USA 175+?

That tablet is so shit, super laggy
I have 2 kobo arc 10 hd, those are awesome.
1600 pixels screen
I also love my kobo aura HD

Nexus 6p with Google Play Books, come at me

this desu

I'm slightly tempted to upgrade to the Kindle Oasis, but there's nothing wrong with my Paperwhite. The Oasis is lighter, but it's not like other Kindles are heavy. Paperwhite is still lighter than a 300 page paperback book. The page turn buttons are nice but not essential. Longer battery? Do I really need to go 9 weeks without charging? Am I ever away from power for that long? No.

What would sell it for me is a more responsive touchscreen. It can be incredibly frustrating trying to select and highlight the text I want on the Paperwhite.

It's decent for light usage.
Like I said I use it with ComicRack, the Kobo app and some light games (Lara Croft & Hitman GO, etc.).
If I turn it on after a couple of weeks, it's slow for the first 5-10 minutes because it starts updating all the apps in the background.
I did turn off the page switching effects in the Kobo app, but I think the lag there might just have been the app.

Also kudos to Kobo for allowing the uninstall of the default/pre-installed apps

Do you use it often? Do you have $290 lying around that you don't need immediately? Then buy it. You are purchasing something useful, not burning your money on pot, for example.

jailbroken kindle paperwhite 2
It's actually really nice

I have to disallow all background process, else its super laggy.
Sadly Kobo got out of the tablet business.
You could get each kobo tablets for 100$ or less.
I wish we could update it to lollipop.
These are great devices tho.
I love the hdmi out.

My X220 Tablet. I don't need another device just to read books.

What advantages does the jailbreak have?

Maybe uploading their own PDFs to the Kindle? Or maybe that can be before rooting?

I read for about an hour or two a day, so not a voracious reader but a regular user. I do waste a lot of money on pot though so certainly buying a new Kindle would be putting it to better use.

I've got the money, but just not sure the upgrade is large enough to warrant the expense. It'd be like upgrading from iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s, or something.

Hm i think that is already possible by sending it to your kindle address

I have an old Kindle 3, but I fucking hate it. The screen is too small and the resolution is garbage on top of being sluggish and having little features for pdfs.
Reading on my LG G4 is much more pleasant with EBookDroid, and most PDF books are very readable with the feature where you can autocrop margins.

Kobo Glo HD.
And coincidentally I started reading a book on it today after not using it for a couple of months.

Kobo Touch 1st gen

Kindle does NOT respect your freedom and is botnet. Prefer e-readers that respect your freedoms, such as the Nook.

Dresden Files Saga

The nook is a botnet too.

eReaders aren't intended to read pdf files., dum dum

dpt-s1 or bust!

God I would love to have that thing. Seems perfect for reading technical shit.

Point of jailbroken kindle?
You can already pirate books...

>eReaders aren't intended to read pdf files., dum dum
So they're useless.

My laptop or my phone. I don't need any other gadget.

>So they're useless
You're useless.

To be honest. E-reader threads are probably better suited to /lit/ rather than Sup Forums.

>So they're useless.
How stupid are you? .mobi and .epub are proper electronic book formats, not .pdf.

Try reading on your laptop or phone in full sunlight.
Or in the dark without raping your eyes.
Or at all, without inducing eye fatigue.
It's just so much comfier to read book on e-ink than on LCD screens.

You can do that normally with USB cable... Why are you even here?

hnnnng

>custom fonts
>custom sorting algorithm
>FTP to upload books instead of cable
need I say more ?

I would understand FTP argument if it was using some kind of proprietary connector, but you have one with yourself if you own a phone... And also if you intend to charge your Kindle.

I do have miniusbs but seeing how I can just charge it once a week and usually the kindle is at my bedside while I'm in a different room most the day (the study) it's just plain easier for me to upload books through FTP

God forbid you have to connect your kindle once a week to transfer books.
Not him btw.

>God forbid you have to connect your kindle once a week to transfer books.
>Not him btw.
I read fairly fast so I cycle books pretty often for one, but really it's just plain laziness, I was just saying it's one of the advantages of t being jailbroken, there's a bunch more things you can do, like unlock the 3g on it to allow you to browse any site really it's just more flexible, I don't know why you wouldn't do it if you can.

You are right, it's a good thing to have but I won't choose what Kindle to buy based on the possibility of it being jaibroke or not.

sorry, I want my eReader without light-bleed.

you can jailbreak any kindle as long as you have some basic tech know how and a jtag to usb

>$800

Yes if you drink a lot of liquids.
It holds well water for 5 mins so far. Just gets too slippery to have a good grip

I was thinking of getting a Kindle Paperwhite because I hate reading on my laptop screen. How easy is it to manage books on a Kindle because I just think its stupid that you have to email your Kindle in order to add books to it.

I do. I use my laptop outside 99% of the time. There's no problem. X220T, non-reflective IPS screen.

Drag and drop. Use Calibre for better management.

more like kindle paperweight

Your mom bleeds lightly.

Kobo Aura HD

>eye fatigue
Is this real? What really is the difference between the light that goes into your eyes from an emitted source (such as the LCD screen) and from the light that is reflected off the surface of your kindle?

your eyes adapt to the light and if it shines directly into our eyes it can strain more.

e-readers have a fainter light, although if the light is too bright it will be just as bad.

I dunno, it's less intense I guess as the light gets diffused more. I definitely find reading off my ereader a lot more comfortable on the eyes than reading from my laptop or phone, meaning it's much more pleasant to read for long stretches at a time.

No, there is no difference between reading a book/eink/lcd when it comes to eye strain, they will all fuck your eyes up.

Comes down to preference, people use eink because it looks more like a real book, the battery life is better, and they are typically lighter and easier to hold.

Yep. And when you turn down the light on an ereader the readability doesn't really diminish as much as when turning down the backlight on an LCD screen, giving much better readability in low light conditions

Dumb animeposter. One will fuck you up much more faster than the other.

hola rabbit