Applefags are on suicide watch

THANK YOU Carl Icahn!!!

I'm loving it senpai

Funny how apple pretending to stand up the FBI raised their stock but it was only temporary. Glad it came back down.

>be apple
>produce products so good that users won't have any reasons to upgrade for years
>change your company policy to double the number of new models every year
>go bankrupt because nobody cares about your new phones while old ones are still stronk
rip in peace based appol

Apple right NOW.

More like even with all their planned obsolescence, bloated OS updates and difficulty of repair/replacement, people still aren't buying enough of their trash.

>users won't have any reasons to upgrade for years
3 years :^)

>users won't have any reasons to upgrade for years
Macfag here since 2006. I came here to say to you

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

>he thinks Apple stock equates to how successful the company is doing

My iPhone 5 bought in 2012 is running latest iOS 9.3.1 and doing everything that I need from a smartphone without any performance issues i.e. office suit, browsing, organizer and communication with viber/whatsapp/skype contacts. The only reason I will ever upgrade from this one is if it will die due to mechanical damage. So btfo, android-fags.

Based Icahn.

> he thinks he knows better than one of the richest investors on the planet

Icahn has been in Apple stock because it's profitable for him. Averaging out, it's been on a steady upwards slope for the best part of a decade, so sure, as it's flattened out, I'm not surprised he ditched them. If he was such a good investor, he would have cashed out last year.
But Apple have proved they don't want to be subject to their shareholders- hence the massive stock buyback. They have a massive cash reserve, it's beneficial to them to get rid of Icahn. Wouldn't surprise me if they were quietly happy about it.
tl;dr the AAPL is a game. It doesn't gain Apple anything, it's a lot of rich Icahns playing the long game and a lot of middle-manager types who get very jumpy.

Icahn is playing you like a fiddle

...How? He's just sold his shares. It speeds up Apple's plan for a buyback. It'll likely fuck with AAPL for a week at most and then settle down, lower than before, but with less volatility. The company I buy products for goes on, probably happier because of it.

>buy back shares for year now to artificially inflate their stock price
>stock crashes and they lose tons of value
>all they money they scammed from idiots goes to the juice
>stocks will only do worse and worse now that they don't have any money to buy back anything and have 10X more debt than free cash

Apple stock is a fools game

>be apple
>embrace planned obsolescence so much that even removing a screw and putting it back voids your warranty, and using water damage indicators that react to AIR'S MOISTURE(so you're screwed just for unboxing """your""" product)

>"pretending"

Nice tin foil hat.

>you are now aware that Apple is the only major company purposely engineering their hardware to make it difficult or impossible to comply with a government warrant

>More like even with all their planned obsolescence, bloated OS updates and difficulty of repair/replacement, people still aren't buying enough of their trash.

2011 MBP here. Easiest notebook to open/repair that I've ever owned. Upgraded it to 16gb/500gb ssd and it still runs great. El Capitan is smaller/more efficient than Yosemite.

Were you talking about Microsoft?

>Carl ICahn

Fuck him. He only cares about making money for himself, not what's good for the companies he invests in. Glad he divested his Apple stock.

It's not just apple it's tech in general, People are not buying new computers and phones every year anymore, Demand is slowing.

And why would they? Today's processors are maybe 30% faster than processors from 2011.

Moore's Law is dead...or at least napping.

I, for one, am glad. Maybe programmers will start writing fast, efficient code instead of always relying on the faster hardware meme.

>2011 MBP here. Easiest notebook to open/repair that I've ever owned

Then you haven't owned shit

Think pads are easier to open/upgrade

it is the exact same thing you fucking dip. im not even that guy but i have a 2011 macbook and an x220, they are both the same for ram and disk.

naturally, something like the keyboard is an entirely different story

>Demand is slowing.
Which is why Apple et al are looking for new, untapped markets.
India doesn't have enough people in the middle-class yet and China is run by corrupt people. So, problems.
Africa looms as the new market as soon as the shooting stops.

>carl icahn endorsed trump way back last year

feels good to have this guy on our side