Stupid questions general

Stupid questions general

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/p/wy4Cpg
ai-junkie.com/ga/intro/gat1.html
pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h110ma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would anyone be willing to do as a code with my projects, while I'd generally be, too?

What

When i buy components for my pc? Do they include all cables i need or do i need to buy seperate cables?

LAMOOOOWWWWW

I am really proud of you for fucking this up so badly.

op, if you can edit it, put sqt in the subject, as it's not showing up in the catalog when sqt is searched

I was offered an interview for a position via LinkedIn. In the offer I was praised for experience I don't have and offered a salary I sure as hell don't deserve. Has anyone had this happen to them?

They include all the cables you'd need.
Yes but the real question is has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

did u get the job? Lucky bitch, what did u have on ur resume?

No, I was just messaged. My profile doesn't have anything regarding Java or the Spring framework on it and he is "impressed" that I have experience in these things. I don't know whether it's a bot or a message sent to the wrong person. The guy's information is real, though. I didn't know if this was a common occurrence.

I can only see two things, either they sent the email to the wrong guy or you're being scammed

It's not uncommon to get offers for interviews on LinkedIn but your case does sound fishy alright. If you think you can get away with it, go for the interview. If it smells fishy, dump it.

would you recommend messaging back and saying that I think that it was a mistake?

My new pc case (Corsair 200) has this weird stand off in the very middle which is capped and unscrew-able. Also, as far as I can tell, it is also stuck in the case permanently, it is very hard to screw. I havent tried unscrewing it with pliers because I dont want to damage the case.

Will this stand-off damage my motherboard? Google pulls up that it is ok but I am still skeptical.

Then why is this website im buying components from trying to sell me some kind of cable to go with my SSD as a combo deal? Are they just trying to jew me?

If I were you I'd play along. Drop it the moment money is involved, especially if it's a cheque.

Possibly. If you're in doubt you could just go look at any one of the millions of unboxing videos on youtube. That'll tell you instantly what's included in the box.

You can often by storage drives with or without cables. If you can't find any info on the product page then call or email them and ask. Or if you find the same item twice, one for 5 bucks less, you know which one is the bare drive.

That pin is used to keep your motherboard in place (I have the same case). You have to push pretty hard against your mobo in the direction of the IO ports (don't push too hard). This was also a tricky one for me.

Say I had a way of downloading music from a streaming service (for the sake of this question, let's assume Spotify). The downloading of this music would, I guess, be technically illegal, but who the fuck cares.
Say I could acquire the music at a quality that satisfies me (for burgers, you can imagine something like 320kbps FLAC or whatever)
I would also get all the metadata associated with the music, including album art, artist name, title, etc.. Everything.

AND, the downloads would actually be downloads, instead of the widely known soundcard recording, or spotify->youtube->download stuff, meaning that they would be relatively quick.

So basically free, high quality music, locally and semi-painlessly.

Would there be any reason to do this, if I already have a "hack" of sorts to stream from the streaming service in high quality, on mobile/desktop, for free?
I don't have any restrictions to my internet, regarding speed or bandwidth, so that's not relevant.

Basically the only thing that would change is that the music would be local instead of streamed, and that I wouldn't be using the mobile/desktop app too often.
Sadly, I'm pretty much a pleb when it comes to music and really enjoy the streaming service's suggestions for me, and I rely on it for finding new music.

Pros/cons?

thanks boo

Why do bait threads get more replies than legitimate threads?

because at last check there wasn't a legit sqt up and I can't be assed to make on instead of replying here

Wow, thats strange. As long as it doesnt damage anything I guess....

My day job basically consists entirely of replacing old hard drives with SSDs. There are no cables in the boxes the SSDs come in, but the only cables you need will have come with the motherboard. It sounds like le Ishmael Goldstein man is asking for more shekels, but I guess there are situations where you might actually need the cable.

If you have the music saved on your computer, then you can still listen to it if your Internet goes down for any reason.

Otherwise, just stream it unless you actually want the files for something.

Because most anons like to think they're above average intelligence and absolutely love any opportunity to show it.

I'm having trouble with removing metadata on my Windows 7. I click Properties > Remove data > etc etc, but then when I click OK, the data remains untouched. I tried going for the first option (create a copy with deleted metadata) but the metadata remains on that copy aswell.

What gives?

I just learned that desktop threads are banned from Sup Forums. My question is, why did it take so long?

pcpartpicker.com/p/wy4Cpg

Did i make any mistakes?

Wait, for real?

How do I learn everything there is to know about artificial intelligence? From technical details to big-picture industry implications? Any resources, literature, anything to point me in the right direction would be great

ai-junkie.com/ga/intro/gat1.html

That should be a good start. Genetic algorithms are pretty basic and easy to implement. You might want to look into neural networks next. There's plenty of material online too.

I know right? The people that are supposed to be managing this website actually doing their job for once. But then what else would you expect for zero compensation.

Wow, I have to say I'm impressed. This is the most administrative progress Sup Forums has made ever.

When was the last time this site has been updated?

It looks like late 90s web "design", but if you can overlook that it's actually a very good start into AI programming for beginners.

My Verizon phone network is dropping from LTE to 3G and the Connection is barely there. I wouldn't mind if it was slow, but it is taking minutes before a page even loads. I try to go into airplane mode and come back and the LTE is back for only five minutes.

Anyone know that this could be? It never happened before and it happens in more than one location.

Even if I am a literal 100% beginner who never did any programming/computer science before? I'm a fast learner and I bust my ass in everything, just looking to bust my ass in something exciting

>tumnblurlr
kys

No. You need to learn a language first. Any language will do as long as you are comfortable with it. In my opinion, Ruby is pretty easy to pickup and you might find it easier to jump into your first AI project with it as opposed to starting with Python or C.

Will your generic micro atx board fit both a video card and a wifi dongle? Let's say for example this one, which has two small pci e slots.

pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h110ma

I understand that video cards can sometimes cover up other slots. But ive never built a pc before so I have no clue how these things measure in real life.

Best distro for gaming?

r390 is just $100 more. Looks fine besides that.

Ubuntu imo. I couldn't manage to get Steam installed in Arch and I haven't tried it on any other distro. Not to mention that the only package that Steam officially supports and distributes is a Debian package so it just makes sense to use a Debian-based operating system rather than jump through all sorts of hoops to get it working in a different package manager.

Fedora worked well for me with Steam related
especially well outofthebox with my skylake z170x

can RAM get tired and die from using hibernate instead of shut down?

Why is= it,, I can't figure out how to avoid?

I'm lonely, how do I meet introvert girls?

I think you're having a stroke, user.

Friends Sup Forums I need help. Why is the R9 Nano cheaper than the R9 Fury when it has better floating-point performance, more shading units, more texture mapping units, more compute units, better cloud gate factor score, slightly better sky diver factor score, and lower TDP?

No I,,=have with keyboard?

OK, follow up question. How do I get my Xbox controller to work on it? Nothing I try works

No idea. My Afterglow controllers work out of the box.

If you try to overclock the nano it will catch fire and burn your house to the ground.
If you overclock the fury you get a fury x.
If you keep using gpuboss I will burn your house to the ground.

Which generation of Xbox controller? I don't think Linux has an Xbox One controller driver yet. My 360 controller works like a charm.

360 as well. I also managed to get my N64 usb adapter working as well, but I think it just uses a generic joystick driver. I suggest googling and seeing if anyone else has had issues with using Xbone controllers on Ubuntu specifically.

No. Hibernate is the same of turning off your laptop, except the contents of your RAM is copied to disk first so that it can resume when you turn it back on.

When ever I try to xboxdrv --silent I get "LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS"

I know this isn't generally recommended but have you tried running the same command with sudo?

>LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS
I think there is a group you can add your account to in order to give yourself the necessary permissions. Can't remember it offhand thought

Dude. DUDE. send me your address. I will ducking blow you. Thank you do much.

Well I mean, if you're into that, sure.

just built a new PC, had old one that had win 7 with daz loader that upgraded to win 10 and activated

new pc basically only reusing PSU, read online that i should have been fine with activation but spoke with microsoft and they said i would either have to use the win 7 key or buy win 10. anything like daz out now or should i just buy win 10 pro? only 200

I had the option to format my SD card as "internal" on my Xperia Tablet Z2 when I got it, but postponed the choice until later. Now it's set to "portable" with no choice to adopt as internal storage, what's up with that?

what's the best NES emulator?

Anyone else got some 3 minute arabic youtube ad with something allah related shit? This is why I use ublock when possible

>asking Sup Forums about ads
Are you a stupid or some thing?

I'm rebuilding my computer because my motherboard is trash in every way and I don't want to buy a used Z77 board. It's gonna be a virtualization / gaming / heavy multi-tasking & editing computer with a new i7-4790k.

Apparently ASRock Extreme series supports VT-d the most, and I prefer buying from MicroCenter since it's only a 10 minute drive away from me. They don't sell the Extreme6 right now because "we only really stock these once a month since we're starting to phase it out for skylake" so it looks like my options are either go with Extreme4, buy the 6 from Newegg, or find a new board. The looks like the Extreme 4 is getting bad reviews

Before I pull the trigger this weekend, does anyone know a good VT-d H/Q/Z97 board? I don't plan on overclocking a 4790k since it's at a pretty optima clock speed right now, non-k variant would want me to overclock it.

>tl;dr I need a VT-d supported Devil's Canyon Motherboard, any suggestions?

This is a stupid questions thread

did you seriously ask microsoft if you could uprgade a pirated windows for free, and expect them to tell you anything other than to buy it?

i already had win 10 pro activated for free on the old computer, i didn't mention that i had pirated it im not a dumdum

FCEUX. It's really the only one I can think of that's mainstream. I know there's Nesticle and some other one, but FCEUX is the one I use.

Half the people here are still on adblock plus, somehow the illiterate people always end up here only to make fun of how stupid reddit is

>implying adblockplus, an official addon is somehow inferior to some random unsigned addon that has to be hosted on github because it can't pass the mozilla screening process

I'm looking to upgrade my storage for my animoos, mangos, and musak, but I'm on a bit of a limited budget, so I was wondering if I could simply buy a single larger drive to reconfigure my system as pic related. It adds a few GB and lets me increase overall redundancy as a bonus (640GB partition is mirrored now).

Now, obviously, it CAN be done, but is it reasonable to use a single drive as redundancy for 2 other drives or is it maybe smarter to bite the money bullet and buy 2 drives? Am I maybe creating some failure choke point in this set up or something I'm not seeing?

Also, the 640GB RAID1 partition serves as my work space, basically any heavily read/written data generally goes there, so I thought a RAID1 might serve me better there than a simple backup. Again, that sane or am I off base?

What's the best way to find a good ISP if you live in the middle of Cuckfucks, Nowhere (US)?

Mozilla is another thing of the pasf

ublock origin can be found in the mozilla plugin list...

My GPU is peaking at 80c (170f~) and it makes my computer restart. How can I stop it from over heating so god damn much?

Afterburner reports that my card doesn't even try to make my fans go max speed and lets my fans stay at 60%

i need a new music player for windows.. something minimalist preferably and all i want to do is shuffle my whole library, have crossfading, and be able to search my library,

i despise itunes, foobar never saves my settings or library, and winamp, while near perfect for what i need, always gets "an error reading the local database" causing me to have to rebuild my library.. any recommendations would be appreciated

Does Windows 10 Storage Spaces RAID 1 work with VeraCrypt?

If Storage Spaces suck dick, what other way is there in Windows 10 to mirror 2 hard drives?

What's a good VPN for

I have an old g46vw and either the HDD is going or it has a virus that 4 different anti-virus/rootkit apps couldn't find.
Do I need to be worried about virus being in BIOS?
Can I just replace the current HDD with a 2.5" SSD?
If I plug in a memory stick or external disk, can that get infected too?

Hey guys, if I'm coding on Windows and don't care about portability (just messing with console IO to refamiliarize myself with C) is there any benefit to using putchar() over putch()?

Which card?

gtx 760 twin frozr 4gb

Ubuntu 14.04 64bit, this is one of the few on which AMD and Nvidia drivers are actually supported, AMDs won't work without a hassle on most other distros because it depends on a really outdated version of Xorg and doesn't support the newer ones.

I was recovering some files and I noticed that there's regularly screenshot images of what I'm browsing showing up in the deleted images section.

What exactly keeps taking screenshots of what I'm doing online? Malwarebytes hasn't picked up anything.

Adjust your fan curve using said afterburner, just be sure to set it on 100% at 75c so it never overheats unless it's already broken.

is the only way to print all the elements of an array to make a loop?
I can't go printf("%d...%d",arr[0..n]) or some shit like that, if it makes sense?

I already accomplished what I wanted with a loop, just curious.

Is Astromenda a virus? I just downloaded firefox from their website and the main search engine is Astromenda. I've read somewhere that Astromenda is a virus.

Could I use a magic eraser to clean a soldering tip, in lieu of a basic sponge?

Does that mean i also have to get another (750 or 850W) PSU? 390 pulls quite alot.

Any decent video player for windows?

So I repaired an old laptop for my personal use

the thing is this laptop is running an intel celeron 900.. wil it run windows x64?

can anyone tell me why I have to reset my router every 2 hours or so? I randomly lose connection for no apparent reason.

For the past couple of weeks I've been getting DNS errors that would go away after 5 min or so, but now I'm just losing connection completely.

Here's my routers event log, if that will help.

No
MPC-HC
Yes