Is this shit any good? All my friends seem to be migrating towards it. What does it have to offer over stuff like skype...

Is this shit any good? All my friends seem to be migrating towards it. What does it have to offer over stuff like skype, ts3, or mumble?

Other urls found in this thread:

r4p3.net/threads/what-is-discord.861/#post-6224
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Avoid Discord, it's a botnet made for mentally retarded "gamers".

r4p3.net/threads/what-is-discord.861/#post-6224

Tl;dr
>Shit security
>Discord is running off venture capitalist investments
>Developers are shady as shit

Pic related, also it gathers data from you with it's bugsnag program which you are not made aware of nor have an option to turn off normally.

Not OP, but what do you propose that we use instead? I've never liked it, but a few friends of mine just started using it because it's there.

Your pic related doesn't have any interesting information though.

Am I supposed to be scared about a voice chat application knowing my input and output volume settings?

>1. It advertises itself as being good, they're not allowed to do that wahhhh
>2. You have to have an "IT Security Professional" or else you obviously don't care about security wahhh
>3. MUH FREEDUMBS

Why do people keep bringing up this post?

Mumble

you can use it in a browser which is my biggest attraction to it

>must put in a captcha to enter site
lol

My circle of friends uses it now because we came to the mutual agreement that Skype is fucking horrible and bloated, especially since we never used video calls. It's pretty decent; it's a lot like Teamviewer but more simple and is hosted on official servers rather than requiring someone to set up their own server. (Although that would be quite nice) I'd give it a try before declaring yourself a holdout, especially if you use fucking Skype.

mumble is love
mumble is life

freetards accusing others of botnet when the free market creates better functioning software that doesn't require a cs degree to get around.

what sensitive informations does pic related have, exactly?

IRC is the only choice.

>Is this shit any good?
No. It's also non-free.

yeah man welcome to the BOTNET

It's still the best thing out there. Until there's an actually good alternative (before you scream "IRC!!!!" reminder that the rest of the world considers voice chat and avatars a necessity), it's here to stay until they fuck it up with ads or excessive marketing of their premium shit

IRC offers voice chat?

No.

Been using it since September last year and its better than Skype at the least, if you and your friends are poorfags, its great, considering its completely free.

TeamSpeak 3 and Mumble are probably better for communities, but for a group of friends, Discord is good.

I'm pretty sure he was memeing

>all my friends seem to be migrating towards it.
>a few friends of mine just started using it because it's there.

>What should we do, guys? We feel the herd is leaving us behind. Should we follow it like good little sheep?
Disgusting!

Why not Slack?

>TeamSpeak 3 and Mumble are probably better for communities, but for a group of friends, Discord is good.
+1

>voice chat
I wonder if there's somewhere that's "Sup Forums, except voice chat."
Voice chat only works if you only have a few people. If you have tons of people, text works far better. Text works better in general for conversations. The only time voice is better is if you are in a game or talking 1 on 1 with someone about something.

Let me drill this into your head: It doesn't matter if it works better. It doesn't matter if people *use* it.

People require voice chat or they won't use the thing. This cannot be reasoned against, similarly like you can't reason against management requesting something stupid. Period.

Yeah. I play civ5 with two friends every weekend. We used to use Skype, now we switched to discord and latency in the game is much better. Skype is a bandwidth hog

it's a little lighter than skype, and i want all the frames i can get

xbox live kek

Does Sup Forums have a discord channel?

We need one