Current Sup Forums approved laptop?

Current Sup Forums approved laptop?

Budget

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS-13-9343-6365SLV-Core-i5-256GB-Signature-Edition-Laptop-i5-5200U-QHD-/252369048269?hash=item3ac25e12cd:g:DBsAAOSwO~hXH~cr
lite.corporateperks.com/lenovo/index/uSource/PSRV2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Used Macbook Pro ~2012

Want to stay away from Macs. Not a fan of the inability to properly repair

Ux303ub
T460p

You should shill out for an MSI gs40 or xps15 though

i you really don't need one right now i would wait, for new one with usb type TB3 support. That way you have a nice laptop with decent battery life when you need portability and dGPU power for gaming.

*if

t460p is like 2grand son

Pick up the lowest end xps 15 then. You get the 960m and a full voltage CPU with thunderbolt 3

I have no need at all for a dGPU

MSI's are good now? When did this happen

QHD?

Not happening.

Here's FHD laptops that will fit your budget but have multiple issues due to build quality /limitations

Gigabyte P55K-BWCUK
ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71
Dell inspiron 15 7559

There are a few laptops that I diden't include because they have a gtx950 with GDDR3 which is borderline retarded because even skylake iGPU's are faster then that (Albeit not so better performance wise but bang for buck).

type c TB3 support is nice if you change your mind down the road, maybe decide to plug some VR headset,....
Otherwise this dell inspiron is nice. i7 8GB ram 256 SSD nice battery life, but the screen is only FHD

Damn cant post link spam filter shit

I can run just fine with a FHD if the screen quality doesn't significantly suffer.

Honestly those 3 laptops are around your price range and you can probably tweak around them to get the maximum battery life.

It's what I'm actually getting for myself just waiting on the quotes from my distributor.

just go to dell site it is inspiron 13" 7000 2 in 1 special edition

The older Macbooks are easily reapairable. just buy something with proper memory slots and a normal SATA SSD and you are good. Even the battery is easily exchangeable as supply of spare parts is essentially endless. Doubt that any new halfway portable machine with a proper battery lifetime is as easy maintaibable.

Thinkpad 13

imo not worth it. the igpu in old intel CPUs sucks compared to 6th gen. CPUs

So fucking ugly.

Piece of shit screen. Look at laptopmag review. Also no dgpu, no thunderbolt, ulv processor. It's a good budget laptop but barely considering you can pick up a broadwell xps 13 for cheaper on ebay

I can get a 1080p i5 8GB RAM version for $600.

You can get the same xps 13 on ebay. Take a look.

T420/X220 or get out pls

ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS-13-9343-6365SLV-Core-i5-256GB-Signature-Edition-Laptop-i5-5200U-QHD-/252369048269?hash=item3ac25e12cd:g:DBsAAOSwO~hXH~cr

Something like this seem reasonable?

That's with the qhd+ screen, so considering that I'd say yes

take in an account that qhd screen variants have way worst battery life than HD variants.

I mean FHD not HD

Ah, damn.

Are any of the recent thinkpads usable? I used to be a thinkpad fanbody, but I haven't seen them do anything too interesting recently.

no zen books are ULV dog shit. they chug on anything except youtube. you need M or QM class cpus only

ayy lmao

Not with EEP, the codes are easy enough to find.

This is all the non-replaceable parts completely maxed out. You can upgrade the RAM and drive after it arrives for so much cheaper.

EPP* And actually, you can just take my code: NJ*CORP since the corporate perks site literally publishes the code without you needing a login:

lite.corporateperks.com/lenovo/index/uSource/PSRV2

Yes, way worse
As in 8 hours vs 12. So still pretty good.

Still, thats a fuck ton of battery life for something that is unimportant in the grand scheme of things

The 2012 MBPs may have replaceable HDD and RAM, but they are prone to incinerating themselves (GPU/CPU which are soldered on).

It's so bad that they have a free repair service for those affected, but they won't do it for second hand ones. You need to prove you're the original owner.

New? X260 for $700 straight from lenovo
/tpg/ has a code for a 30% discount

not new? battery will be shit.

Meh, I honestly think that excessive PPI is worth it, so long as the trade-off isn't something actually sucking; such as desktop gpu performance, heat, or bad battery life. We're finally to the point now where qhd and qhd+ screens on laptops don't lag and you can get more than 8 hours of battery life on them. That's pretty sweet.

I'd actually like to get a list of laptops that fit that category, apart from macbooks. I think the x1 carbon now can even hit 9 hours with the 1440p screen

That is actually extremely tempting

I've read that people get way less than 8h (more like 4 hours) on Linux with QHD

The skylake iterations had some weird fucked up power issue with the nvme ssds or whatever the fuck they're called. They released a BIOS update to fix it

Look at laptopmag and notebook check for the battery benchmarks

Do not buy zenbooks
I fell for the meme and now I'm stuck with this piece if shit

It depends on the meme
305 and 501 are memes. The 303 are not.

>T460p
PROVEN HOUSE FIRE PROVEN HOUSE FIRE PROVEN HOUSE FIRE

what a massive shame, try and hunt down a T450s with a 940m

Whats the difference between t460 and t460p, i also have about a grand to spend on a laptop, plz help.

Search it you dumb cunt, it's right there on the fucking Lenovo store.

Are X1 Carbons still shit?

Finally no.

They're the "You could get something better for that money, but they're still pretty good" of notebooks, kind of like how Kirabooks are with other Ultrabooks.
X1Yoga is pretty good for what it does though