1070 better than Titan X?

At the Nvidia Launch Event that happened yesterday, they talked about 1070's and 1080's performance, and how they compare to Titan X, 980ti and 980.

pcgamer.com/nvidia-gtx-1080/

youtu.be/3WnmZwChW_s?t=3m50s
>inb4 linus shill tips

>Reference 1070 performs better than a Titan X
>Reference 1070 performs better than a two way 980 SLI.
>DirectX 12 was kind of avoided, but apparently there is a 25% increase in performance compared to a Titan X or 980 ti.

>1070 specs:
6.5 TFLOPS
8 GB GDDR5
$379 MSRP
$449 Founders Edition
June 10th

>1080 specs:
2560 CUDA Cores
1607 MHz base clock
1733 MHz boost clock (can be overclocked to 2114 MHz)
9 TFLOPS Max
8GB GDDR5X at 10 GHz (can be overclocked to 11.016 MHz), 320 GB/s
180 watts TDP
67ยบ Celsius when overclocked
$599 MSRP
$699 Founders Edition

Looks pretty good imo

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSRP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They just obseleted the entire current crop of GPUs. Like, all of them. They're all dead. Nice job NVidya.

OP here, I really wanted AMD to at least compete with Nvidia in this generation of GPU's, but I guess we'll have to wait for Vega or something.

They might still be able to compete on price, assuming the 1050 doesn't absolutely cream them. Which it probably will.

There won't be a next generation for AMD. They need to get a clean hit on NVidia and Intel this generation and it ain't happening. Zen doesn't look like it's going to be much better than Intel chips from 2 generations ago.

I'm guessing the only thing AMD has left in terms of GPUs is DirectX 12 performance, which they seem to be pretty good at.

>$379 MSRP
what does MSRP mean? Fuck, I think I can even buy two of these at that price, or one for sure at launch.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSRP

Market Suggested Retail Price dumbass. Its basically the price youre going to be looking at before taxes for the thing.

Mom-son roleplay

>market suggested retail price
>market
it's manufacturer's

Woops. Guess Im the dumbass now.

Lol

Founder cards = reference cards

If you want vapor cooling to actually clock to 2.1ghz you need to fork the extra $100 bucks.

If you wait for OEM cards you'll have to pick up a worse cooling solution to pay the MSRP.

pretty sure a 980 or 970 will do anything you need at 1080p. i think you are just butt blasted

so exactly same 70-100 more than reference for aftermarket GPUs just like always

Except that VR is a thing now and a 970 or 980 might not be enough. At least not if you look a couple of months into the future.

1080 is obselete as of yesterday.

>At least not if you look a couple of months into the future.
lol you dipshit. every single one of those headset for vr will be shit and obsolete in 2 years. in 2 or 3 years VR will actually be good. that shit out now is trash

>VR
hahaha we already had this discussion when you fell for 3d meme ;)

That would mean that you can't buy a 1070 for $450 before tax. Which means $500 bucks after tax.

So the 1070 is pretty much a 980ti with $50 discount? kek.

if you can't afford PC components you either need a better job or get a new hobby. I was buying mid range GPUs for ~400 euro for around 10 years now (on launch obviously. skipped only 400 series)

Did Tom get fired?

Yup, software architecture is paying me pretty bad these days.

At least it doesn't cloud my judgment from investing into a terrible deal.

The 1070 is basically a 980ti with $100 price cut.

Full dx12 feature set? Nope!

Why would anyone buy this if it already definitely becoming obsolute within the next 6-12 months?

Never buying nvidicuck cards again, this is a massive disappointment.

DX12 won't become relevant until at least 3 years into the future. Possibly never as many people out there don't care for the Windows 10 meme.

Of course it will perform better by leaps and bounds, after they release drivers to drop 980/ti performance by 25%

what about the mid range market? fucking nvidia jews pushing "high-end" again? 1060 and a price pls or I'm switching to AMD

Dat 7.5+.5GB

1070 is mid range. You're thinking low-end.

Windows 10 is not a meme, not upgrading to Windows 10 is a meme dipshit, get out of Sup Forums

You're a retard. *70 is low high end, *80 is mid high range, TI is highest end. A *60 would be middle range.

>500$ after tax for a card is considerend mid range now

you nvidia cucks are swallowing it all don't you?

$400 graphics cards are not mid range. Stop believing marketing bullet points.

$379 for a 1070 which performs better than a 980 ti which costs or did cost 600? not ba dimo. you get what ya pay for. not an amd hater. but i'd go with nvidia

>this desperate amd cuck damage control

So.......
The R9 390 performs faster than the 1070 on modern DX 12 titles still? Also, the memory is still faster on the R9 390 as well?

lol?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, and sheep will still buy this shit.

cool my 980 ti is now worth $250 if i go to sell it locally right now all in part of the new $350 level card shitting all over it by at least 10%.

thanks nvidia. you really showed me have investing is absolute worthless.

at least my i7 is going strong.

I'm still using 560 ti dumbshit I'm not paying more than 300$ for a card I'm not a manchild with money to throw away.

>after tax

Loving this meme. If you buy it on newegg like a normal person you don't pay any.

Correction: I'm a poorfag who can't have as little as 300 dollars therefore I'm gonna rub my sour grapes all over the place.

b-but mom it's the second best. It isn't even the top tier.

>"investing" in a graphics card
What the fuck did you expect?

>What do you mean somebody can just buy a $100 Moto E and it shits completely on my expensive high-end iPhone 4? Fuck Apple never buying from them again

Americans don't have to pay sales tax on online goods?

I'm stuck paying 15% sales tax on anything that isn't digital.

Correction: I rather spend money on things I like and not a spreadsheet machine that I occasionally play emulators on.

Are you simply disgracefully retarded or what? GPUs are NOT investments you fucking idiot. An investment is something that is gonna earn you money in the long run. Now it's nvidia's fault they are releasing better products because you think you're such hot shit that the entire industry should stall itself? Yeah, let's contact all the developers out there and tell them that pushing things forward hurt our collective fee fees and therefore nothing should advance anymore.

I can't fucking believe this is the current state of this board. This board should have at the very least slightly above average people to talk about technology and yet this shit is what we get. Unfuckingbelievable.

they say some batches are better than others.

I still have one tnt riva ultra stored away that I'm expecting to trade for a Chateau Lafite 1982 in a couple more years.

moto e is worse than an iphone 4

The R9 390 never outperformed anything. Keep on memeing.

But...
The Moto e has better battery life, and can actually make decent calls, with good sound quality.

Nvidia is such a jew that the MSRP for their household cards is above the one for their custom board partners.

someone needs to untighten their undies

i think people are upset that a card that cost a minimum of $650 that isn't even a full year old since release is getting dethroned by a $350 level card. most people wouldn't be as upset if it at least matched it, but according to nvidia, it will be slower.

i can understand that feel. even the 580 didn't lose that level of value when the 680 came out and the 580 was out A LOT longer than the 980 ti before its successor. what's even more depressing is that the 1080 isn't even the 980 ti successor. go to nvidia's own 1080 page and they proclaim its the successor to the standard 980. massive hint a 1080 ti is over the horizon.

>can actually make decent calls, with good sound quality.
opinion
>The Moto e has better battery life
only valid point

I starting to think AMD does not really care to compete with Nvidia. I think AMD is just trying to make a good GPU at this point. Maybe when they have a solid and efficient card they can look to compete on the high end. They have the console market and are aiming for the Laptop market. (My opinion) Random Pic

OOO...okay, sure.

> Founders edition
what?

>I really wanted AMD to at least compete with Nvidia in this generation of GPU's, but I guess we'll have to wait for Vega or something.

AMD cards have already been confirmed to be 980ti level at 100W power draw and $300 MSRP.

They still compete, but at the market segment where they can sell 10x the amount of cards - higher yields, OEMs, etc.

Straight up performance isn't always what makes the best product.

a vapor cooled card that allows it to boost to 2ghz instead of 1.7ghz for traditionally cooled cards.

I'd love to see you newfag dipshits back then when things got completely obsolete every 6 months or so.

>massive hint a 1080 ti is over the horizon.

YOU DON'T SAY

How the fuck is that an opinion?
The iPhone 4 has shit reception when compared to Motorola phones, and most Motorola phones have superior cell connection.

Sound quality wise on calls? Have you heard people on the other end when they are talking through an iPhone, especially anything under the 5s? It sounds like pure garbage, it's very muffled.

>AMD cards have already been confirmed to be 980ti level at 100W power draw and $300 MSRP.

did you have any doubt that there wasn't going to be a Ti variant?

Ok, the first around it was just a revision and it was pretty cool. But now, they figured out that if they follow in the game devs bussiness practices and launch the unfinished product and charge a bit more for the dlc later. they'll make a killing twice more per annum And in their case they charge far more for the 'dlc'.

Seriously this isn't cool. This practice really merits a boycott.

and for $70 you can get a better driver nvidia card that's 10% faster minimum.

thats a better buy

should I buy 970 now or wait for 1070 in june?

It's the limited edition of GPUs, nvidia milks the goyims even harder with this

So it's the stock cooler, but you can only get it from Nvidia's website?

so? pull the penis out of your butt gramps.

new market doesn't want their investments to get tossed into the trash after a year.

whats so wrong with buying a $700 card and asking for it to at least last two years in value? you act like you're getting molested if your card lasts longer than a year.

connoisseurs only pay for 3dfx.

well technically its not a stock cooler.

nvidia didn't release one this time around. instead they are releasing their own "founder cards" which are sorta a special edition card that's capable of achieving 2ghz and comes equipped with nvidias vapor cooled solution.

regular oem cards won't be guaranteed to hit nor boost to 2ghz and will use whatever cooling solution they choose.

almost made me spit out my food

>Telling people they memeing.
>uses meme comment.

Also R390 best card for the money.

>DX12 won't become relevant until at least 3 years into the future
>this is what Nvidiots believe

Why in the ever living fuck would you ever settle for previous gen technology especially when the gap in technology, i.e. finfet, is very apparent?

Feels bad man, bought a 980 early last December, if the depression doesn't kill me the sense of regret will

too bad nvidia markets their whole gpu market by only showing up the high end, and people will think the rest of segments will be better than amd where it isnt

>what is every DirectX release ever

>Hey, want to play our game? You only need to be in the 20% market share of having both the latest Windows and having a card released in the last 18 months!
yeah this doesn't happen

Depends of the level of performance you expected.

The best card for the money is using integrated graphics, what's your point?

>nothing ever changes
kill yourself you shill

I was expecting alot more than I got

>2.jpg

You have a whole folder of outdated GPU memes? You know it's AMDs that cause the housefires now, right?

It's dishonesty, plain and simple.

Instead of spreading their SKU's organically, they artificially spread it over time (against their own product sheet) and turn what should be the **60 and **50 into **70 and **80. If they were 'fair' what we know as mid-low range 50's and 60's would sit cosily there at the hight end without cannibalizing each segment. Yes, this would rearrange their entire product list especially at the low end, but it would be far better than this blatant greed.

>what is every DirectX release ever
Are you stupid? Microsoft always pushes DirectX and it's leadship OS.
>what is Vista and Halo 2

>Founders Edition
give a tl:dr on this shit. Is it the new ti designation?

nice assumption. but I use this functions (pic related) to download files from 4chins with the original filename

I'll wait for the 1080ti, looks cool tho.

>video cards
>investment

Oh sweet christ.

Yeah and few people fall for it. Especially not publishers that want to actually sell game, they're not artificially limiting it to a fraction of the market share.

I have CFX of two R9 380X's and they never go over 60C while having a 20% OC, is something wrong with them?

Poorfags dude, poofrags everywhere

But in the end it worked still pretty well and most market share was Vista and most games DX10, in less then 3 years, because 3 years after Vista, 7 was already out.

HITMAN
I
T
M
A
N

QUANTUM BREAK
U
A
N
T
U
M

B
R
E
A
K

The 980 was too expensive for its level of performance. Except since I'm a patient idiot (emphasis on idiot), I'm literally waiting for it to drop its price this summer to make a PC for cheap 1080p gaming.

Sorry to break it to you fags, but directx 9 persisted as the standard for years after directx 10 and even 11 were available. Lots of games had a directx10 mode, but they didn't take advantage of any of the features it had.

Anyone know if I'll be able to run this on a 600w PSU?

Get the Polaris card instead. It has higher performance per watt.

>Lots of games had a directx10 mode
That's what we are talking about dipshit

How powerful is the 1080?

I want to upgrade from my 780 to this, but will I even notice a difference in performance?

(My main game is Planetside 2)