Why didn't you tell me??

why didn't you tell me??

I switched from FF to Opera (developer) yesterday and holy fuck, it's a whole new world

insanely fast and has cool as fuck features

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/otter-browser/files/otter-browser-beta10/otter-browser-win64-beta10-qtwebengine.7z/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's a whole new world

It's called China

Shill

based China

>chinese botnet or american botnet
I'll take the one that isn't obese

I don't think a program's nationality matters.

Why since FF started failing, Sup Forums is full of fucking browser shills?

>same shitposting every time
you are wasting your life here

>he likes X
>fuck off shill

>he hates X
>BASED user

This is the most cancerous site on the internet.

I have my theory on that and it's not actually hired shills.

I think all this (since this issue doesn't concerns browsers exclusively) is done for self justification.

They expect other uncertain people to start using what they're using so they can feel secure in the crowd.

>anyone that likes something I don't like is a shill!
>anyone that dislikes something I like is a shill!
It's been this way forever, and it's never going to change.

I'd use it full-time if you could actually group tabs into their own sections. Opera's tab-grouping is actually really good, since you can group automatically as they open using a regexp, but even though they're grouped in a sidebar, they're still ALL present in the top tab bar taking up room.

they will add that in the upcoming builds

I used it and loved it right until they ditched their own engine and made it basically a fork of chrome.
I remember the first version of the new opera, it didn't even have fuckin' bookmarks, i had to switch to FF and i simply didn't bother to check wether it's worth it to switch bak

Any concrete time-frame?

completely different now

"soon" they said

>tfw China doesn't care about ads
I'm ok with this
>except on 4chen

Nice meme

Opera is a Norwegian company and their development work is done in Norway.

I like latest opera-dev but shame Sup Forums twats and Sup Forums pedos got all vpns banned.

why doesnt netflix work on opera ? i get the massange that I dont have a netflix player?
only reason why I still have ff

I don't understand the pedos' desire to post CP on image boards for general audience.

Opera would be awesome if they would spend just a tiny amount of time implementing the most basic of features. I mean, there's STILL no drop-down bookmarks folder on the toolbar, and no way to middle click the title bar to open a new tab. This is basic shit that should have been there from the start - it boggles my mind how these things are still missing after all this time.

Built in VPN and native adblock is quite based.

>mfw this might make me go back to chropera from vivaldo.

What's the point of adblock/VPN if the browser was sold to a chinese company?

>that forced meme again
just end your miserable life already

No, it's done in Poland

>adblock with custom lists affected by distant chinks somehow
>vpn is run by child company in canadian cuckland
Chinamen are least of my concerns.

How do they make money?

Better than an american company, at least.

How so?

Same way any other browser m8.

But I do expect VPN to become payed if it becomes popular.

Opera is not just a browser, you know that, shitposter?

oh wait, nevermind

what's china going to do with your info?

Don't deflect. Answer my question.

Another user, but most people use vpn to go around firewalls and sites that might eb blocked. Possibly to hide their torrenting.

None of things are useful to them.

But why is a chinese company more trustworthy than an american company?

To me, I wouldn't trust either company, but I would trust a chinese company even less since there is no legal recourse for anything they might be doing with my data.

Since FF is shit now, should I try Opera? Is it better than Chromium?

it's the best Blink/Chromium based browser. so yes, absolutely

chinks don't understand western memes

better than vivaldi?

considering vivaldi is in beta, unstable and still missing basic features like cookie whitelisting, I'd also say yes

vivaldi is a joke, lad

Underrated

> and no way to middle click the title bar to open a new tab

this works, no?

chrome doesn't even have that, just saying

Speed/responsivnes - yes opera shits on vivaldo.

Features - depends, do you need to tile tabs within same window? Actually one thing I do prefer in vivaldi is the dark theme, wish opera done something like that.

do they have le ebin maynays in chinaland?

>insanely fast
I don't get this meme. All web browser today are fast.

If a website does not load fast, either your connection sucks, and/or the website is unnecessarily bloated.

>has cool as fuck features
>no tab stack

Any proof of that? Because I've seen shills like that often enough.

>I would like to use X, but it doesn't have Y
>They will add Y soon :)

And then it never comes and they never even talked about it. The whole purpose is to get more people to use the product.

vivaldi has it

It's even better on mobile.

>no script blocker

check their blog more often. devs said that in the comment section

Well shit. Fuck sjwfoks opera is indeed faster. No need to wait 10 sec for browser to start (with SSD).

PeerBlock?

yeah, it's instant

How does it compare to Vivaldi?

Vivaldi GUI is written on javascript so expect lags from UI.

V8 is ridiculously fast nowadays, though.

>No need to wait 10 sec for the browser to start (with SSD)
What the fuck were you using before? Firefox is shit now, but it still opens instantly for me.

if you think opera is good, you should try vivaldi. it's made by some guys from the old opera dev team and it's got a way better feel and much better features

complete opposite, actually. it's a fucking disaster

This

It's really just Sup Forums and a few other boards. There is no other board as toxic and cancerous than Sup Forums and the other obvious ones like Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

Opera is better than Vivaldi.

Never been to Sup Forums I see

>top 140 pixels completely wasted

gg

isn't there a way to 'fix' that? I know that chrome allows you to force that title bar or whatever

I've been using Opera for forever, just switched to Vivaldi, and honestly it's a fair bit better.

What's better:
>works more smoothly in general, including mouse gestures and general browsing
>chrome extensions
>appearane is more customizable in general
>UI is more minimalistic
>when not in fullscreen the UI is still very thin, albeit a tiny bit thicker, while Opera's is much more so
>unless I'm missing something, the tab stacking was removed from Opera but it's still there in Vivaldi

What's worse:
>Opera's start page icons are better
>in Vivaldi I can't remove this bar to the left with downloads, bookmarks and whatnot, I'm fine with it being there when it's open but at least make it a button or something jesus christ

It's pretty good, but it doesn't let you drag images from one tab to another to use for e.g. google image search.

There is a button for that bar on the bottom of the window or go into settings

Ah I completely missed the "show panel toggle" option for some reason, yeah this is exactly what I want.

Thanks friend.

do you care/like open source software?

Use Chromium, it's Chrome without botnet

if you don't, enjoy Opera, it's a decent Chrome clone

Opera's new logo is so terrible. I don't use Opera solely because I don't want to see that shit.

>can't customize the UI at all
>no way to make the middle mouse button open tabs like FF
It's shit.

Can you open tabs by clicking the mouse wheel on the tab bar yet?

I must admit, it's fucking great

will they implement using other search engine as default? every other browsers allow you to do this. I just dont understand why they lock it down.

kek people are realizing this now? fucking normies

after the rendering engine gets left behind and the superfast super customizable UI gets abandoned and the company gets sold off to commies

opera sat at 2% market share for its entire life while other browsers were and still are barely functional compared to opera 7.5

How does it compare to ABE?

>still no reader mode like FF

halp

just switched from chrome and agree entirely.

GOOGLE DRONES ON SUICIDE WATCH.

Gotta get dem search dollarydoos

>keyboard/mouse input randomly stops working and requires reboot of browser
tsk tsk

Opera is crazy fast I was on Firefox forever then had to switch and it was like I got a fucking ssd. Also I love the new intergrated adblock and am looking forward to that VPN they're working on. Best browser out there.

If you REALLY have to use Chromium, then use at least one which is Open Source.

Brave.

Or at least one which actually HAS features and is no dull Chrome clone like Vivaldi.

But even more better, use Otter-Browser or Qupzilla. Chromium is garbage OP.

And it is botnet, no matter if Open Source or closed source. Google has so many spy features included, no one is able to get rid of them all.

>use Otter-Browser
if only it was usable

Wait, opera does still exist?

sell it to America dumbass

ITT: Sinophobia
Why aren't you using Google chrome the comfiest browser :^)

It is usable. It has ad-block, it does browse pages, and the QTWebengine builds which is forked Chromium without Google spy-crap and minus the other Google bloat-crap it is awesome.

sourceforge.net/projects/otter-browser/files/otter-browser-beta10/otter-browser-win64-beta10-qtwebengine.7z/download

does it have userscript support? Because that's the only thing other than adblock I need

>the best engine on the market
>garbage

>Otter-Browser or Qupzilla

I'm dying here

But muh 500 tabs :(

It has as far as i know.

Chromium the best engine on the market? Chrome/Chromium is only used by so much people because most of the are simple fags. They want something which works.

No matter how shitty it is. And the rest uses it because they think

>Wow so many people, it has to be good