Remember when Sony was good?

Remember when Sony was good?

Other urls found in this thread:

nobi.com/en/Steve Jobs and Japan/entry-1212.html
youtu.be/WWxst7dXTEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sony was never good except for it's gaming division.

>Every Vaio Laptops
>Wifi problems
>Expensive as fuck
>Overheating problems
>Shit battery life
>Washed out screen

The only redeeming factor is that it looks sexy as fuck for it's time... before Macbooks changed from plastic to metal.

>was

xperia phone lineup is the best

eat shit op, ps2 and psp were fucking amazing
>inb4 nintendo, xbox fags telling me otherwise

They still make pretty fucking great phones

good but expensive, as always.

>mfw modded ps2
games were like $3 a pop and San Andreas/Vice City always had these weird ass mods.
I remember playing one where it was themed after this classical Egyptian actor (you had to be 30+ at the time to even know who he is) where all the billboards/ads/everything was replaced with pictures of him and all the radio music was old arab songs.

dumb tripfag cancer

don't you have some cocks to suck?

>Sony was never good
Jesus christ the people on this board

>tfw still no official cm support for the z5c
reeee

>having a civilized discussion with anons
>some rude jerk tripfag bursts in calling everyone names

Sony is still make good products, problem is they see themselves as a premium brand.

>complains
>doesn't add any value to the thread

Jesus christ the people on this board

dumb tripfag scum

yes

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

They don't even make laptops anymore, just shitty tablets.

My vaio overheats and has a washed out screen, but everything else is pretty gud. 13 hours battery life

I have a Vaio from 2013 with Haslel i5. It's fucking garbage. Battery life is bad, the fans are loud as fuck and will turn on if you do anything that isn't idling, the touchpad feels like shit and isn't responsive enough.

Which model?

Specify a timeframe OP
Early VAIO was based, towards the end it became a shell of it's former self

Story time:

>Summer '01
>Bro graduates HS
>New PC (from Pentium Pro -> Pentium 4 *holy fuck big jump*)
>Woah, Windows XP looks cool! Holy shit you can switch users? Nice!
>it's even smaller than our Gateway
>this machine was in use from 01->2014
>upgraded ram to 512m, upgraded GPU from TNT2 to Radeon 9200
>starts getting rediculously slow
>maybe it's the HDD or something
>ignore it
>run freedos from floppy for something.
>Christ this is even slow as balls, slower than usual.
>take HDD from PC
>thing is a tank in terms of durability
>run it on other PC for file extraction, it's over
>just fine, fast as fuck
>open up more of the case (it had a fucky config where beyond )
>see motherboard, Not much dust but
>mfw seeing all the blown\leaking caps lead me to believe this thing should have exploded years ago

It was the most reliable PC we owned though, and was the main one we used for most of those years. Started my brother and I's programming career, helped through most of my mom's career as a teacher too

It's in my basement, scrapped for parts, not in working shape. I haven't the heart to throw it out yet, too sentimental, maybe i'll get that CPU drill pressed in to a key chain or something

>modded PS2
>still bought games

Wow. That's a whole nother level of retarded.

Been rocking my VAIO fit 15e since 2013 and no problems up to now, amazing sound experience by the way. :)

typing this on my vaio s from 2012

I brought my main rig to use as a steam machine and am now using my 2012 vaio for school/masturbatoriam in my office.

>when someone's bullshitting and doesn't want to fess up

I bought a VAIO E laptop and the only 4 things I hate about it are:
>build quality is crap. the covers for the screen hinges broke
>battery life was shit.
>keyboard was crappy
>expensive as fuck

Those are all deal breakers when it comes to laptops, breh.

>>Every Vaio Laptops
No
>>Wifi problems
Not on mine, had the same dual antenna Atheros AR500x as any other laptop of that era.
>>Expensive as fuck
It was the same price as the other Compaq and HP shit on sale at the time.
>>Overheating problems
Never overheated and had a super quiet cooler, it was unnoticeable most of the time while being super efficient, it blew super hot air out without being noisy.
>>Shit battery life
I agree on this but it's because SONY batteries are programmed to die in a year, use it or not.
My battery had fewer than 30 cycles, always stored at 40% out of the laptop unless I actually needed to use it. After a year it showed 100% on the meter and hours left but when unplugged the battery will die in 30 minutes.
I had another sony laptop after that one, knowing the issue with the battery, programmed to die in a year, I used the new battery for the first time, fully cycled, lasted 6 hours. Fast forward a year and NO USE whatsoever and now the battery lasts 2 hours out of nowhere.

With my beater Acer laptop, the battery lasted me 6 years, I used it way more and it only decreased the capacity by 16% when I sold it.
>>Washed out screen
Yeah, that's true on laptops past the Pentium M era, older laptops had korean LCD's, super high quality.

Pretty much this. I had one of the sandy bridge i7 vaios. Except mine, while not overheating, the fan did get quite loud.

Battery life was great though, had a battery dock that doubled battery life from 5-6 hours to 10-12 hours.

Pretty happy with it, would buy again.

Dumb cuckolds: LE SONY IS BAD LE HEADPHONES AND LE TVS LE BAD *tip tip*

I still use the f series I bought in 09 and the only thing I dislike about is how big it is.

The wAlk man was the last time

I don't need to remember. I still use this beast from 2001.

not everyone had internet

Yeah, and it was way before the Vaio days
The Vaio's were still god tier though, not far from Thinkpad's in quality/innovation and they were even Steve's only possibility for OS X outside Apple hardware
They have always been a premium brand underage faggot

Posting from my Vaio SVS1511 series laptop that still has 7 hours of battery life.

>and they were even Steve's only possibility for OS X outside Apple hardware
what?

Sony was too advanced for their time.
Their P-series laptops were amazingly small for 2009, but Atoms were garbage.
Atoms still are, but at least you can have full fledged Cores for that thermal envelope now.

Their hardware engineering dept was crazy good, I wonder what became of them. My guess is they eventually left to go to Apple to make what is now the Air.

Sony was the original Apple, but with some actual innovation
>nobi.com/en/Steve Jobs and Japan/entry-1212.html

P series are as useless as the oldest Transmeta Crusoe micronotebooks or whatever they thought they were making. Nice exhibition machines but pointless in any usage scenario.
No one needs to use a full computer the size of your wallet.
And then come the VAIO UX series, innovative and cool but again, pointless. Never saw anyone using one in the wild.

Their A/V division and Camera sensors are still fucking brilliant. Everything else they do these days is pretty fucking shit though.
Their phones are meh, their tablets and computers are beyond dog shit (except Vaio Z series), no wonder why they sold the business off.

>No one needs to use a full computer the size of your X
That's whay everybody says until Apple makes one, then suddenly everybody needs it.

>implying apple made smartphones.
No PDAs and smartphones all ran an OS that was made for use on the go. There's many attempts at making pocketable desktops and they have all been miserable failures.

Apple made a pocket computer? When? Do we use it today?
PDAs have always been fucked by crappy software from Microsoft. They can win the desktop revolution but after more than 20 years, they still suck so much ass when coding a mobile OS that I hope every piece of windows dies already.
Microsoft keeps fucking up big time with each release of whatever "mobile" OS they try to do since Windows CE. And it's the same story over, over, over, over and over again.

Let's take a look at the latest release. Windows Phone 10.
Windows phone always sucked cock because of the lack of support from MS, from the community and the programmers. And the stupid way MS sticks to stupid ways (Associate your MS account with your phone or you can't use it, for example).
That was the way with windows phone 8, now lots of phones are left with no support because they can't get their heads out of their asses and code properly. Most hardware capable phones didn't get the upgrade because of "performance issues". What they do? Drop support. MS response: "You and your crappy ass lumia phone can go fuck yourself.".

that would of been interesting to optimise, could that have possibly ended apple early?

>never used a Vaio s or z series
>wasn't alive before technology meant laptop computers
Jesus fucking christ

>2016 and Vaio is back and better than ever
>they cost $2000 a pop
JUST

Well what are you waiting for? What are you? Poor?

They're macbook competitors but cost way more and with even shittier keyboards.

My Vaio is a complete shitbox, It's falling apart, has a 2.5 hour battery life, and the screen has a loose connection but I still use it a lot and refuse to give up on it. I've brought it back from the dead twice.

Where the fuck am I gonna find shit like pic related at the time

>pointless
Yeah there's absolutely no point at all in having a full computer that small. Sure explains why I use one daily despite it being ten years old

Vaio desktops were fucking great for awhile

Holy fuck I had that computer except it came with Windows ME
Played a lot of Diablo II on it

Sony is still p.good there are just lots of shitty brands taking up shelf space now days so they moved into different markets

Sony Bluetooth speakers put out an impossible amount of sound for a tiny portable unit. They still got it when it comes to sound.

Vid of bluetooth speaker:
youtu.be/WWxst7dXTEs

Creative roar is better

They have that surface sort of thing that trumps the surfacebook

>Vaio Z
Looks like 1500 to me

Yeah, a lot clearer, but the bass doesn't even come close to the Sony, which is much harder to produce in a tiny device.

In terms of specs yeah, but the reliability is really fucking poor.

>You had a shitty chink brand Discman instead of glorious MiniDisc
Feels bad

learn to read please

Totally agree.

Has anyone tried the newer Vaio laptops yet?

I love this

>was
Dude, Sony make the best camera in the market now, and is slowly killing Canikon, and they sells sensor to Pentax, Nixon, Hasselblad, Apple and a bunch of other brands. And I'm not even talking about the professional market.

This.
I remember when rossman got his new Sony camera.

this