Sup Forums's approved anti-virus for windows 10?

Sup Forums's approved anti-virus for windows 10?

windows defender + malwarebytes

Common Sense 2016 Edition

1. install linux as a base system
2. install other linux/windows VM
3. only expose files they need i n a simple shared folder for those VMs
4. back up as needed
5. don't give a single fuck if one of them gets a virus since you can easily restore to a fresh state

What? HOW DO

Browsing: settings and extensions are your friend. Disable scripts and plugins, adblock aggressively.

Downloading: stick to sources you know and verify checksums.

Taking those two steps together should preclude the need for scheduled scans which tank performance. Just check individual files as you bring them in. Pick whichever program you like. I like Comodo because of "HIPS" which notifies me whenever a program wants to work with system files or registry keys.

Please, get away from Sup Forums

sage

Linux is a kernel retard.
When will you faggots stop calling the GNU system after the kernel? Fucking tech illiterates, parrotting tech illiterate media.

REEEE

Being this autistic

It's called context, that's how the vast majority uses the word "Linux" so that's what it contextually means now

Being pedantic are the traits of a man child, congrats

Neither anti-virus or Windows 10 is approved by Sup Forums.

>Using GNU ontop of linux

I'm sorry, but is this the 80s?

There's no need to use GNU anymore.

just a thought, with DX12 and shit I've been thinking I might end up forced to "upgrade", has anyone done it and then found something come out of nowhere to bite you in the ass?

This is fucking b8 m8.

"Common Sense" didn't help this fella:

Just lots of bloat and having to wrestle with the update settings to get them to cooperate.

>lots of bloat
like what

Install all antivirus you can find. Having more is better since they all protect against different viruses.

Is windows 10 more lightweight than win7?

XBox, Weather, Movies & TV, Messaging, Mail, Calendar, Alarms & Clock (Note: separate from the system clock. Two clocks!), "Insider Hub" or whatever it was called, OneDrive, 3D Modeler. and Microsoft Solitaire Microtransaction Bonanza

I might be forgetting one or two. It used to be that manufacturers brought on the bloat. Now Microsoft does it themselves. As if I give two shits about the Windows Store.

Remove fucking w10, it's the biggest malware

Ever heard of Qubes my friend ? :-)

oh
were most things relatively seamless at least?
like steam libraries and that sort of thing

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU/Linux is in fact GNU. Linux is not part of the operating system itself, but is the kernel that is not covered by the naming system of an operating system as defined by common sense.

Many users run operating systems such as Windows, OSX, and a variant of BSD yet do not use a cumbersome naming system that includes the kernel, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, GNU has been the exception to this for no reason and has just been called "Linux" for no good reason, and many others use the insane, cumbersome term "GNU/Linux", mostly because the GNU project doesn't want you to think that Linux is a part of GNU.

There really is a Linux, and it's not part of GNU, but it's a kernel, and no one really specifies using it. GNU is the OS; the actual base system you interact with, and is useful with any compatible kernel; it can function with many different kernels such as kBSD or even NTOSKRNL.EXE, so the whole system should only specify the kernel when it matters, because all these kernels are really irrelevant regarding GNU.

I would usually say Avast, but since it's become such a soccer mom targetting botnet, Windows Defender+MBAM is fine. You could get ESET if you're a retard who clicks on every free smiley ad though.

Once you kill/uninstall all of the background garbage you can and impose control over updates and "real-time protection" (Windows Defender service) then it's fine. One thing I haven't gotten around to doing is fully killing off Cortana. You can turn it off so that it doesn't web search everything, but to outright kill it you also need to disable Windows Search. It's baked in. The reason I care, apart from the suspicion that it's still spying, is that at idle it's also the biggest resource hog. (Yes, despite being turned off.)

I wouldn't say I really like it but I use Comodo.
It doesn't bother me all that much so I don't see any real reason to try anything else.

>brain
>compatible with all operating systems
hahahaha no