What does Sup Forums think of 2 in 1s?

What does Sup Forums think of 2 in 1s?

Looks like a meme

Good for basic stuff.
Still 32GB memory is not enough.

High end ones are good but not great.
They work great as MSoffice machines and to browse internet because the battery lasts around 10 hours.

I used to dislike them but then I got one and I've had a change of heart. It's nice to be able to use it in several different ways.

I bought another one since that first one but then the screen cracked by itself (which is endemic to the series) so I don't have one I carry around with me presently. I'm in the market for a new one (probably get it around my birthday in a few months).

bump

>32GB memory
>not enough

I think he meant 32gb of storage. Most 2in1 have 32gb emmc storage.

They're good when executed properly. For example the Latitude XT2 is a god-tier laptop.

I think they're awesome... Have an HP slatebook x2 with Android and its wonderful.

Low power laptop when I want it and I can always disconnect it from the keyboard and use it to play videos for my kids.

Things actually a killer little emulator. 200 bucks on eBay.

Detatchables/dockable tablets make sense. 2-in-1's just take the worst of laptops and tablets and combine them into one big heap of shit.

shitty laptops
shitty tablets
Just buy a good laptop and a good tablet.

Yeah...we are. Except we only have to but ONE.

I don't get the point.

They are awkward as a tablet and work as a laptop sure.

I can advocate detachables though.

>keyboard on the back
Shit. Detachable is best.

Bump

I'm looking to buy one or a tablet with a keyboard. Any recommendations?

I'm looking at the Dell inspiron series, not bad looking for 1200(aud)

Good if implemented correctly
Meme/gimmick status otherwise

Still nicer than a normal laptop so you can just flip into a tablet.

HP Pavilion 360/envyx360/Spectre
Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga/normal yoga pro/500
Asus Vivobook/transformer
Dell Inspiron 2in1/XPS
Toshiba P series have like 2in1 model
Acer aspire R 2in1
>lolacer

There so much 2in1 out there,i recommend choose only with good battery life (like bigger whr or frombenchmark).

While we're here, is it a total meme? Tried it out at the store and it seems really comfy.

hope you like paying an extra 100 for the keyboard

I own one of these. It's glorious.

It's fine but it's not the best option for anything it does.

If you want a drawing tablet why do you want it to be so small and why do you need it to be portable? Do you plan on drawing much at a starbucks?

If you want a laptop why do you want i to be so underpowered? Why do you need the touchscreen? You're paying a fucking ton for a mediocre laptop if that's all you want.

There's basically just no use case for 99% of people.

for comfiness

I've got an ASUS T100, not bad for OneNote. Shit with Windows 10 tho (thankfully) and 32GB of storage (there's a 64GB version too)

I got a HP Spectre x360. Build quality is shit and I'm going to have to get it replaced for a third time. But the fan is quiet and rarely runs, the keyboard is nice to type on, the battery life is better than its competitors, and the tent mode is good for consulting a website while writing in a notebook. If only I could've waited a year and bought the X1 Yoga.

really?
I've read a lot of reviews saying the spectre had some pretty good build quality what are your problems with it?

I have the 64GB version. It's awesome. I've have no need to really use my desktop for months, and that would be for heavy gaymin, which I'm not really in a position to do anyways.

what's the comfiest 2 in 1 for around 1000 aud?