WHEN will we break free of the landline internet connection?

WHEN will we break free of the landline internet connection?
5G mobile WHEN?
Limitless mobile data WHEN?

Other urls found in this thread:

fi.google.com/about/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We won't, because it is limited. There is only so much wireless spectrum to go around. If everybody in a neighborhood would suddenly do all their 4k youtube/netflix/twitch streaming over wireless, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for everyone.

Wifi doesn't have this problem as much because it only really has a 50 meter radius.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right. But, if antennas were to be installed in a way such that they don't need to transmit with too much power, then the radio waves from them would not interfere at great distances, just like wifi, so you would need something like one antenna per neighboorhood, just like you need a Switch at every distribution point.
Safety would be chaotic as fuck though...

I'll stick with fios.

>Limitless mobile data WHEN?
Move out of your third world country bro.

Wifi absolutely has similar problem in urban areas, even with 50 metre radius. You have three exclusive channels, if they overlap with someone else's - you're sharing some of the spectrum. And 2,4GHz is used by lots of other things, like bluetooth.

The Jews will never allow it.

Why? We can get gigabit speeds from 4G LTE, there is such service in South Korea.

Is South Korea the best internet country? It certainly seems so.

It's a close tie between South Korea, Japan, and Singapore.

never, there's physical limits over how much data you can send over the air.

This. :'-(

It actually is the best. I think so at least, they have an excellent infrastructer for internet.

I already have. I only use mobile data. Data speeds usually stay at 20-30 Mbps.

Also 5G won't be legit 5G networks, just legit 4G (IMT Advanced) networks advertised as 5G. God I fucking hate marketing.

Friendly reminder that Boost Mobile 60/mo is better than some home internet if you're in a metropolitan area

Speed test related, boost mobile btw

>Limitless mobile data WHEN?
this is the real kicker

I'd accept even 4G (H/LTE) speeds if I could saturate the tether without being jewed out of my bandwidth/speed after a couple hours each month

Even the nationwide unlimited plans from Tmo and Boost only allow ~10gb tethering

jesus christ man what the fuck are you doing on your phone? Isn't this breaking tos or something? How long have you been able to use so much fucking data?

I only pay $55/month. Why you not auto-reboost senpai?

Mobile Internet in New Zealand is a fucking joke. 1GB of 4G data at best is NZD$16, 4G is only available in most cities, and drops out in the country.

>97% of places where Kiwis work.

Well apparently I work in a fucking cave cause I get shit reception.

fi.google.com/about/

jewgle is doing it but it will take some years to pull off. idk about data caps, lets hope not. seems very silly. there are many YT vids and studies explaing that scam.

we have the fastest network in the world however, thanks to an early start on 4g and our small country size

>idk about data caps

google Fi is literally $10 per gigabyte, including the FIRST gigabyte

it's got the data cap built right in

lol data is 10 per gb, but ya get credit back if you use less than you order. top cucked. i guess it's needed to get the project off the ground. imo 1 a gb is sane, 10 is silly.

Already on unlimited 4G here in aus via the NBN Fixed wireless

Speeds are GREAT 25-50mbit all day every day and with 100mbit+ in the future it will be awesome.

Why bother with 5G when data caps exist? oh joy I get to hit my limit even faster.

They don't. You can get unlimited high speed data for as low as $45/month nowadays.

>implying
Pushing everyone to do all their browsing on more locked down devices with fucktons of data mining software pre installed from the manufacturer would make them fucktons of money. Also, the government would most likely subsidize it because devices that connect to the cell network can be tracked at all times (the NSA maintains a database of bulk collected metadata on cell phone connections to towers called FASCIA that they can then look at to see your travel habits for the past several months, and they recently started sharing this with all other 3 letter agencies) and basically all cellular devices except a small few have massive vulnerabilities in the baseband firmware that can be exploited over the air and that would give them a hardware back door, so they would have everything to gain.

>tfw you get limitless 3g for 6euro/month

maybe in your country

here in Aus we get fucking raped

>4G 100mbit+
>5-20gb or less cap

its basically fucking useless.

And here I am in my third world shithole getting 2GB/month 4G plan for ~$12

3g, 4g, and 5g are just memes

When I upgraded to 4g it was just as fast as 3g and now whenever my phone runs off a 3g connection it's 10x as slow as it ever was previously.

It's just a marketing gimmick