Google is blatantly and shamelessly spying on its users now?

Google is blatantly and shamelessly spying on its users now?

More information: pastebin . com/8WcA5jAW

they're being transparent about how they handle information
it's so that you can't say they didn't warn you they were collecting and storing data
same with Microsoft, why do you think the EULA was changed with Windows 10

Of course they store the information. How else would they host it?

This is, and has always been, their entire business model. Microsoft and others are just now trying to emulate it

>now

Theres no other way for it to work unless gmail and YouTube comments used P2P which is a terrible idea.

At least Google ToS says when you delete stuff from your account it actually deletes it from their server (although it take 180 days)

I know the internet seems like magic where everything just goes into this big "cloud"

However in the real world everything is stored on computers. Welcome to reality.

Well then kudos to them for their transparency but clearly this is not something all right at all. This is insane. It was right for me to have switched mail providers. I only created a gmail account right now for a dummy.

Gmail has always scanned your emails to target ads

It should have been obvious to you that any company that makes money from advertising the way Google does would definitely hang on to your information so that they can tailor suitable ads.

At least there's that I guess. I'm already fucked though since I use FB for University purposes. Even if they do delete my data, there are still copies of it in other people's account.

You're right. Touche.

Hiding shit in the EULA just feels sneaky, like people selling phones on ebay for 2 dollars. The average user doesn't read that. Last weekend I updated my phone to iOS 9 and read the EULA. Your warranty it voided if you smoke around Apple products. Some of these things should be in large text on the front of an install/accept page. Not in a link that takes you to 3 pages of junk to get to the EULA... fucking jewgle and crapple

The problem i have is the send messages, like i dont let google have them (custom rom), but likely anyone i send them to does. Same with emails and so forth

>warranty void if smoking on your mac

why.gif

This is no different from finding out that batteries are not included or "batteries sold separately in fucking fine print" in your RC car when you were a kid. Shit is disappointing but you should have expected something like this in the first place.

>1st clause is "hiding shit"

Loonixfags everyone.

So how the fuck do you think they'll display youtube comments if they don't store them somewhere?

Why is this really an issue though? Do people really want to see a bunch of ads for Lipitor or subway instead of something they actually might be interested in?

it's funny how google lured tech guys back in early 2000s with their SSL everywhere thing (me included) and now they just spit in our old faces because there is a generation of imbeciles that believe that google is the best and only thing to be used.

Well I've never paid 600 dollars for a toy car and this is not the same, as there isn't a simple fix like buying more shit.

Apparently it poses a health risk to employees who repair the devices.

It is the same, the scale is what's different.

There are plenty of things you can do that are easy as fuck if you wanna 'be hidden'. How are people so surprised that it holds and retains your information? People all over the world use google and they really don't give a shit about your weaboo searches or furry fetishes.

You.

At least they admit to it.

So do microsoft though so i dunno what your point is op.

Linux does it too but they dont really admit it

>tfw I have nothing to hide

>being a retard

I've been washed by the tide of RMS's idiosyncrasy. I've been lead to believe that companies are out there to get us. So, what is exactly wrong with behavioral and targeted marketing? In what ways are our data used that is evil, unethical, and anti-freedom?

>when you write a post on our server, your post will be on our server
mindblowing
seriously are you actually retarded?

But I thought RMS was against any storing of privacy-related content.

>Linux does it too but they dont really admit it

[citations needed]

I honestly do not care. I give Google every shred of information I can, and in return they make my life a little easier.

Yeah. That was my life in a nutshell before Sup Forums. Now I've been lead to fight for digital freedom, and I'm... puzzled.

>Apparently it poses a health risk to employees who repair the devices.

how is that even possible
now I think you're trolling

>doesn't have anything to hide
accepts his whole life to be turned into marketable data

The thing is I was the complete opposite of you. I came from a very privacy minded background and slowly started realizing how Google actually uses people's data and how helpful what they do really is.

>having gapps installed

>b-but muh snapchat

Get your nudes somewhere else

There's nothing wrong with that.

emails and passwords, nothing to hide so nothing bad can come from a few random people shifting through your shit right

>collecting as much personal information about you as we can to use it as marketing data to be bought and sold to the highest bidder, and turned over to the us government, is helpful

Do explain yourself further, please.

Sup Forums gets dumber every day.

Gmail has been telling you they do that since before it was even an open service. I don't know if they still do, but it used to be right up front when you signed up - not buried in an EULA, but a plain language "we fucking do this, and we shove ads at you using what we filch, so if you don't like it, go fuck off to yahoo"

And then people still fucking acted surprised and violated six months down the road.

It's like fat people suing mcdonalds all over again.

Do you think selling your data is the only thing Google does with it? How do you think their products and services even work? Also I have zero problem with the government having access if it's necessary.

Are you that kind of person that gets cucked a lot?

boy arent you fully jewified

im sure in 1920 russia people said the same about having to be investigated in order to get work

Of course I don't. Bettering their services with your personal information is meant to entice you, and hopefully anyone you know, to feed even more of your personal information to their servers.

Their *primary* use of your data is solely for their own ends. They couldn't possibly give a fuck less about their product, and that product is you. Your personal information makes them rich. The fact that something like PRISM exists is just the icing on the shit cake.

With your own domain you can always switch between nothing to hide and hidden.

Especially if you for example have a .nl domain (which only shows an email address in the whois).

user spoke well. corporate global profit comes first, profit through control is just a better flavor

so in order to display my content on their site, they store it?

Oh the horror

>having a good product entices people to use the product
Who would have thought?

Way to deliberately ignore the entire discussion.

You're still investigated in order to get work. What the fuck are you taking about?

I posted my thoughts on that already. I believe the government has a right to that data.

Then they can have *your* data. They can leave the rest of our data alone.

This. The more I use Google services (and similar """""botnets"""""), the easier my life gets. I spend less and less time worrying about shit like manually syncing my files and not having access to things.

They still have your data.

'Tis but a splendid post. Hats off to you good sir, for enlightening the sheeple masses!

>they already have it!
>that's why they need it!

This makes sense.

-wait, who gave government that power?
-why, it's the people.
-but.. but, we are the people, so we should tell government what to do
-shut up, government is here forever. consume, die and pay taxes, jews need money

Don't have a response? It's cool, just prop up the usual le ebic meemay strawmen.

You have serious retardation issues

Yeah, ok. I wasn't actually expecting you to be able to explain your way out of that.

Your libertarian tech utopia will never exist.

Now? Even normies have known this shit for long. They track every little thing you do with their services. Don't use them if you don't want this.

Why try when you seemingly intentionally misinterpret what in saying?

Then explain why Google needs to farm my information, or why a government program like PRISM needs to exist, if they already have my data as you claim they do?

Do you think data is somehow static? Fuck no it isn't. People's digital life is a constant stream of changing information.

That doesn't answer the question. Why do they need my data if, as you claim, they already have it? Because it's in some nebulous state of change, like most people's? That's nice. How about they just don't spy on me in the first place?

traded liberty for mental lazyness

not even benji

>How about they just don't spy on me in the first place?
Why do you think the government spies on it's citizens? There are laws, and spying is a means to help enforcing those laws. It's really not a difficult thing to understand.

Liberty to do what?

And we're done here. We've reached the "post completely stupid shit in order to make it look like I was just trolling all along" phase of the thread.

What liberty did I trade? I'm using their services voluntarily.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you don't have anything else to say that's fine with me.

>the constitution doesn't exist
kek

The constitution is only just a little outdated at this point.

Then why not change it instead of just ignoring it?

That's actually a pretty solid question. The obvious answer is to vote better representatives into office, which is hard to do when the majority of the country doesn't give a fuck about voting. What's funny is they still love to bitch about the government and politics though.

Because it's easier to ignore it

Everyone points out the obvious but doesn't mention the underlying problem.

Little by little they push out even more shit down our throats and see how far they can get away with it.
The latest was with the image captcha. Select all related images, press ok and surprise motherfuckers, the selected images disappear and get replaced so you can select yet another related image.
How, how is this even relevant except for them to get an extra hit for their image recognition software?

The problem is people letting everyone do whatever they want and not even complain to them.
Yeah I know the argument of "don't like it, don't use it, there are alternatives." Except in several services there is no alternative as they monopolize them.
Since there are all kind of new intended legislations for the interwebs for the most idiotic topics, they might as well do others to resolve "problems" like these.

We are going to get past cyberpunk or skynet for the future. Reality surpasses fiction.

Google gives everything to the US government.

Marketing convinces people that they must constantly buy useless things to achieve happiness.

This gives the government too much power, which they will likely abuse.

There isn't good evidence that this leads to better law enforcement either.

Good thing shit like this isn't legal in the EU whether you agree to a EULA or not.

>You agreed on page 23 to hand over your firstborn to our company, that means you have to!

No.

>Google gives everything to the US government.

No, this is inaccurate and always has been. Google doesn't need to provide anything to any government agency since the NSA already has access to all the fucking data that flows over the Internet 24/7 and has done so for 20+ years now.

>you idiots
>you just don't get it
>you never will
>you won't believe it but it's absolutely true
>deal with it
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

That's actually true. So, what now? GGWP?
Stop trying to hide from the government. You can't.
Instead all one can do is to hide his fetishes from colleagues and friends?

Who and what is really the enemy here? The political abuse and blackmailing from the government, and then what? Is there something else?