What is best VPN?

What is best VPN?

Other urls found in this thread:

vpn.ccrypto.org
time4vps.eu/pricing/
digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-14-04
ovpn.se/en
trust.zone/prices
blackvpn.com
ivpn.net/
torguard.net/aff.php?aff=1855
torguard.net/blog/introducing-torguard-stealth-proxy/
redhat.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vpn.ccrypto.org

Openvpn

for real?

Is Hoxx reliable? It looks good.

I'd go for FrootVPN.

I then realised setting up own VPN server in a third world country is the best idea. That's my project for next year.

PIA

>for next year
It takes 30 minutes at most if you know what you're doing.
Maybe a couple of hours if you don't.

I went with

time4vps.eu/pricing/
Buying for 24 months at a time you can have 1TB of traffic a month for 1 euro plus VAT (if applicable). I was asked to send them an ID and the terms of service prohibit stuff like mass mailing, but hey, rock bottom prices.

And followed this guide.
digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-14-04
The publickey authentication part is optional. Also Digital Ocean make a lot of good howtos.

I think I will choose one between those 4
ovpn.se/en
trust.zone/prices
blackvpn.com
ivpn.net/

can't post my comparaison list ..

so, vpns are just encrypted proxies?

This might be a question for a separate thread but indulge me please... How private is a VPN? How do you know your traffic isn't snooped on by the people running the VPN service?

Cyberghost is a good service, easy to setup on gnu too. That is if you pay the £4 or whatever fee a month, its worth it though.

OpenVPN on your own $5 digitalocean server.

Vypr vpn

>How do you know your traffic isn't snooped on by the people running the VPN service?
You don't.
But you assume the VPN provider is more trustworthy than that some open wifi hotspot.

Going to set up own hardware for my server and currently I don't have time to go outside my country

I like EarthVPN.

I like express vpn

Currently trying to decide between nordVPN, IPvanish and SlickVPN no idea who offers the best speeds

Torguard is the best. They also offer proxy services.

You can get 50% off for life if you use this link and coupon code:

torguard.net/aff.php?aff=1855

Coupon code: YBS4S3G88P

Hola

Torguard easily maxes out a 60mbit connection. I am not sure if it goes faster than that.

And they have SOCKS5 proxies which are nice because a full VPN is overkill for most uses.

thanks

could you or explain what the TorGuard Stealth Proxy is on the $9.99 package

Stealth Proxy works as a “second” layer of security that connects your standard VPN connection through an encrypted proxy layer. When enabled, this feature hides the “handshake”, making it impossible for the DPI censors to determine if OpenVPN is being used. With TorGuard Stealth VPN/Proxy, it is virtually impossible for your VPN to be blocked by a firewall, or even detected.

torguard.net/blog/introducing-torguard-stealth-proxy/

no.

this is just client server software - I'm pretty sure OP is talking about a VPN service, although he didn't specify

>What is best VPN?
a secure one

I use PIA. Don't know if it's the best for security, but it's the best in terms of price for performance.

Torguard is far better price:performance when you use the 50% off for life deal.

talking about torguard I just bought it and I'm looking at openvpn and it offers TCP & UDPs, which should I use?

if done properly, encrypted anonymous proxies in a different legal jurisdiction than you and they have no logs of their own. use a prepaid international debit card and/or bitcoins and connect through a socks chain or tor. if you can make a socks chain through tor with controlled entrance/exit nodes then connect to your vpn i'm pretty sure the nsa just gives you a free pass (as long as you purchase your prepaid debit card 60+ days prior to using it, pay in cash and buy it from a small location far away from where you live).

YOU'RE LETTING THE TERRORISTS WIN, user

Either should work fine. I would lean towards UDP.

AirVPN

What's wrong with nerds?

What is the best 'FREE' as in 'I HAVE NO MONEY' VPN?

none, if you don't pay you are the product

you don't have 3 bucks per months?

So I should use Windows?

Linux is not a commercial product. "If you're not paying for it, you become the product " only apply to commercial business.

Take a look at 'That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart' for a non-biased comparison chart it shows what VPN provider gives you and what not, really useful resource for choosing a VPN. I would link it but Sup Forums isn't letting me post the link. So just Google it or whatever you use.

I personally like AirVPN however.

It's really not that useful because it doesn't include speed tests.

Also last I checked it doesn't show which services offer SOCKS5 or HTTP proxies.

Take a look at Opera's Dev version.
It includes a VPN.
The servers are owned by an Opera subsidiary.
Exit points are in US, UK and Canada.

redhat.com

You pay for redhat though.

Question on VPN's. Do they work on public wifi or nah?

Yes. Why wouldn't they?

Dumb fuck, Vilnius isn't exactly third-world. You can find an OpenVZ server with unlimited traffic for even less than that in pajeet country.

I'm using Private Internet Tunnel.
Mainly because a friend pays and I leech off of it.

>best 'FREE' as in 'I HAVE NO MONEY' VPN
zenmate desu. They don't mine your data :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

yes

Alright but if you're not blocked by a chinese firewall, how is this worth it? Who cares if they can see the handshake if your only goal is to protect your IP, and thats the handshake's only function

I sent a letter to Kim Jong-un asking if he could set up a VPN-server for me. I specifically wrote that I would use it to commit crimes against the disgusting capitalist country USA. Three months later he approved my request and I now have a North Korean VPN that gives zero fucks about any Western laws.

VPN GATE

>a Japanese University project
>able to connect to user-made vpn

It's a cool project

private internet access
>inb4 "muh american soil" retards

unless you're trying to get CP then you should use something else based in fuckingnowhere-istan.

mullvad is also good.

Personally, I use VPN.HT. No data limits, no logs, the ability to switch to a different VPN in just about any country you'd like, all for about $30/year. I don't have the fastest connection with my ISP, but just about any download through the VPN can hit max - which is far faster than regular downloads.

>Vilinius isn't exactly third world
I know, it's 2nd world.
>You can find OpenVZ servers with unlimited traffic for even less than that in pajeet country
Yeah, but I live much closer to Vilnius than pajeet country and the 1TB a month I get is more than enough for me. Also I trust Mindaugas more than Pajeet to have good security and not be snooping on me.

Rig up some content copying blogs and learn seo to drive enough clicks to make $5/month. Fag.

No you don't. You pay for support.

a series of tubes.

Tor

Same fast af

Htspot works fine